Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger

Go down 
+16
MoMoIro
Xynno
TaeTae
NumeroDoS
knyx
FrozenEdge
Midona
monkeytheifx
xzpwnz
ladidadida
Intet
Z741
Nisa
Hyoka
Suguri
RoboFranky
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

[DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:58 am

The only redeeming point of toybox is probably his outrageous amount of capacity. Mine is able to equip large bazooka and titan bazooka after exchanging the AMs with accel saber's. Still doesn't help the fact that he's quite slow, with the core weapon only good for certain maps.
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:58 am

There's no such thing as Armateus
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:00 am

Indeed.

But we understood what the TS meant, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:13 pm

Cori wrote:
The only redeeming point of toybox is probably his outrageous amount of capacity. Mine is able to equip large bazooka and titan bazooka after exchanging the AMs with accel saber's. Still doesn't help the fact that he's quite slow, with the core weapon only good for certain maps.
Sturbanger's the same way capacity and speed wise too though.

Honestly they're pretty similar bots as far as performance and stats are concerned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 12:38 pm

Suguri wrote:
Honestly they're pretty similar bots as far as performance and stats are concerned.
Toybox still win in stats, albeit not that much.

And you won't be putting large bazooka or titan bazooka on sturb, unless you want him with 0 WLK and FLY unless tuned, whereas toybox can still get away with 1-2 left without any tuning.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 1:00 pm

Cori wrote:
Suguri wrote:
Toybox still win in stats, albeit not that much.

And you won't be putting large bazooka or titan bazooka on sturb, unless you want him with 0 WLK and FLY unless tuned, whereas toybox can still get away with 1-2 left without any tuning.
Not quite.

Fake edit: Just remembered mine's a standard, regular stur would in fact have 0 fly. Damn, what a fatty.
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 2:14 pm

Guys guys guys. Amateus have LESS hp than sturbanger. Also I'll 1vs1 a seraph with Sturbanger (and shield+Titanzookas'), and I WON'T 1vs1 a seraph with amateus (yet in super mode).
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:28 pm

Midona wrote:
Guys guys guys. Amateus have LESS hp than sturbanger. Also I'll 1vs1 a seraph with Sturbanger (and shield+Titanzookas'), and I WON'T 1vs1 a seraph with amateus (yet in super mode).
Even with my Thoarla's current part setup leaving her at 15 fly for the sake of having 1 wlk, I have no problems with flying in range of a sturbanger. Those missiles just don't hit.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:32 pm

I find it funny how Sturbanger standard out performs the original by so much in combat.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 4:00 pm

Intet wrote:
I find it funny how Sturbanger standard out performs the original by so much in combat.

Well for one thing Standard's homing isn't crap.
Back to top Go down
Xynno
Xynno

Female Posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:19 pm

Amateus hands down >.>. He has wayyy better homing ability then sturbanger. Amateus can also hop ._., and we all know how much we love hoppers (rolls eyes). Amateus is compact, while he dosn't do as much damage as sturbanger he still will live a hell of lot longer. Sturbanger standard is a whole different story. Standard has great homing, as well as high mobility for an art, i'd say standard is pretty equal with amateus.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 10:35 pm

Xynno wrote:
Standard has...high mobility for an art
Standard only has 1 fly more than regular, and though he has 3 more core wlk, his wlk is still only 5 before reduction from L/LL-size art weapons. Looking over all the L-arts in the shop, the only ones Standard is more mobile than are Sturbanger, Snailbot, and Destructor CN.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:08 am

Midona wrote:

You haven't seen Nisa's Valkyrie Crimrose
I eat sturbangers for tea.
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:19 am

Xynno wrote:
Amateus hands down >.>. He has wayyy better homing ability then sturbanger. Amateus can also hop ._., and we all know how much we love hoppers (rolls eyes). Amateus is compact, while he dosn't do as much damage as sturbanger he still will live a hell of lot longer. Sturbanger standard is a whole different story. Standard has great homing, as well as high mobility for an art, i'd say standard is pretty equal with amateus.

I just can't agree. Amateus core ballz fly just enough fast to hit around 30 fly units, and don't dothat much damages, and worse, stun around 1/10 of hit. The AM just can't hit : good homing but terrible speed (I tuned mine for speed&range, and I still just can't hit seraph flying around me.

Also I hope everyone noticed that you have better chance to hit if you aim BEFORE the target. Yet there is a lock on system, but the missiles will start flying on a better angle. This way I tend to rape fly guys way better with missile/titan zooka spamming than with amateus.

Maybe I forgot to say that I got the Garapon sturbanger ^^".
Back to top Go down
MoMoIro
Newcomer
Newcomer
MoMoIro

Male Posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:25 am

T_____T

I'll appreciate it if all of you Pros here would considerate enough for me to redeem myself & my beloved Sturbanger. All of your guys' points is valid, true, & I have nothing against it. In addition, I never owned or use Amateus before so I can't 100% clarify whether he is better that Sturbanger or not. Still I hope you allow me to defend my beloved Sturbanger.

Agreed with some of you stating that Sturbanger has his areas of expertise in which he stars in. Some of you might recognised my Short Black Sturbanger named 'Kakkou' and eat/drink me for dinner/tea but some of you might experience otherwise.

A few conditions when met, Sturbanger can be terrifying experience:
1. Under PS or Powershot boost.
2. Medium distance & above, about range 220-300+
3. Good team backup (Glad I'm in WIZ who members tend to take care of each another back).
4. Always stays within ur team members & never ever go solo.
5. Huge team battle (e.g.: 15v15 games).
6. Open map like Tilings, Green Field, Bridge.

Areas where Sturbanger can assist if not Excel:
1. Good fire backup/team player:
Curve missiles help evade hitting teammates or obstacles in front of u which means, u can hide behind 'something' while firing away!!! Also means that he can be a good KS-er which some of you might hate. Sorry about that... Sturbanger's missiles are blind =="

2. Good air harasser at Medium range & Above:
As long as within it's firing range & at medium range and above, about 200+ range. Most AIR unit can't avoid getting hit. It takes more effort to ultilize Sturbanger and for someone new to ART unit, the understanding of basics in using ART must be strong & at the right angle & timing can set apart a good Sturbanger user n others. Capable of taking down several flying Crims in the AIR at a short interval with some luck, good calculation, & team support.

3. Psychological Intimidating:
Tell me you if you don't run away when the skies are filled with missiles coming at all directions. Some of you would charge in & disagree with me but not for most players as they would have retreat or back away (Personal Experience). Which leave the brave enemy players charging in only to get outnumbered by your own team allies. Again, at higher level games & with good players, this point may invalid.

4. PS Defender:
With over 2000 missiles++ at your disposal? Enuf say~
Throw in a burner if you can, it helps against rushing land units. My advise, ignore land units unless u in safe distance. Concentrate on running away from Land Unit. Btw... ever try using Excel Saber LG on Sturbanger? I make Lag-kun gave up in chasing me in 1v1 fight. LOLZ~!!

5. More but couldn't recall since I'm in Office working while posting this.

IMHO, few things is needed for an effective Sturbanger build:
1. Excel Saber LG. Not to outrun other units but to get to the back of charging land units while pray hard they chose other target & gave up on you.
2. x2 Core Upgrade.
3. Upgrade TEC, mine is 32... (As a none RT player, got Sturbanger from the using RT got from Ranked up.)
4. Tune up? TEC all the way...
5. Can consider swapping one of the arm with Excel Saber AM/Misside AM + Missile Box for better defend against rushing AIR unit.

I would be delighted to if some the sturbanger user here would share with me your experience & strategy in using him.
Personally, I like the missiles although there were many downside of it & presently sticking with x2 Sturbanger AM.
Total Cost: 1020 (If I remember correctly)

Thank you so much & I'm sorry for this TLDR post.

Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:41 am

personally very not intimidated in front of a sturbanger, especially if compared to amateus (but prolly just because the user resorts to hopping).

for sturbanger users tho, chibis are your best friends. long range greatly helps "those" missiles to hit stuff far better.

as for amateus, his weapons are really exaggerated lot. a fine large bazooka or box missile works just as well on a sturbanger. again, amateus is prized mostly because the users that uses it hops (also that its a smaller target, higher mobility, better stat, but internal weapons is not really on the top of the list).
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:18 pm

Kecepirit wrote:
personally very not intimidated in front of a sturbanger, especially if compared to amateus (but prolly just because the user resorts to hopping).

for sturbanger users tho, chibis are your best friends. long range greatly helps "those" missiles to hit stuff far better.

as for amateus, his weapons are really exaggerated lot. a fine large bazooka or box missile works just as well on a sturbanger. again, amateus is prized mostly because the users that uses it hops (also that its a smaller target, higher mobility, better stat, but internal weapons is not really on the top of the list).
Though the nova missiles/solar busters aren't must-have weapons and shouldn't be the defining point of an Amateus purchase, you're selling them short. They've got long, large explosions, and unlike most explosives they're pure blast damage, meaning they do that much more to airs (airs take x2.3 from blast damage, but since most explosives are actually mostly shell damage, that damage multiplier is reduced considerably; Amateus core weapons dodge around this).

I agree that the most important things are definitely the size, stats, and carts, but his internals are still at the very least situationally noteworthy.
Back to top Go down
B2Seeker
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
B2Seeker

Male Posts : 161

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:21 pm

I love Sturbanger for being the badass fortress that he is.
I didn't like this AM2 so much, but it helped out before I switched it for missile AMs.

Pick spot, not to far away from your comrades and shoot.
This kind of camping I can enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Vallyel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Vallyel

Male Posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 3:44 pm

itt people that dont know how to win using a low tier bot
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:13 pm

Suguri wrote:
Though the nova missiles/solar busters aren't must-have weapons and shouldn't be the defining point of an Amateus purchase, you're selling them short. They've got long, large explosions, and unlike most explosives they're pure blast damage, meaning they do that much more to airs (airs take x2.3 from blast damage, but since most explosives are actually mostly shell damage, that damage multiplier is reduced considerably; Amateus core weapons dodge around this).

I agree that the most important things are definitely the size, stats, and carts, but his internals are still at the very least situationally noteworthy.
just basing off a point that nova missiles deals just as much damage as one of victory1's internal blast bazooka, even then doesn't get a damage increase on core upgrade, and solar busters hardly hits anything that moves...
much like how situational toybox's core, or hey, sturbanger's core weapon is.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 5:15 pm

Kecepirit wrote:
Suguri wrote:

just basing off a point that nova missiles deals just as much damage as one of victory1's internal blast bazooka, even then doesn't get a damage increase on core upgrade, and solar busters hardly hits anything that moves...
much like how situational toybox's core, or hey, sturbanger's core weapon is.

You click on the core to see how much it gets improved, if you hover you only see the base stats.
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:05 pm

er... nova missiles really doesn't get any force increase.
solar buster does.
Back to top Go down
Kauhava
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kauhava

Male Posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:14 pm

Sturbanger is not only situational, it's not even really good at what it does.

Amateus isn't spectacular, but I actually respect it, while Sturbangers are just not worth their cost.

Sturbanger Standard can be good though.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 10:44 pm

The best thing I find about Armateus is the solar buster. If you get both core upgrades it has a decent 150 range letting you tag it on any air that's flying on the low side.

Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:03 am

Intet wrote:
The best thing I find about Armateus is the solar buster. If you get both core upgrades it has a decent 150 range letting you tag it on any air that's flying on the low side.

Do you know if core upgrades decrease the delay between the solar buster's tracking stopping and detonation?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger   [DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[DISCUSS] Armateus Vs Sturbanger
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next