Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

which of these bots is worth the money?

Go down 
+14
DavidRain
haures
Riverlia
Nisa
knyx
zappa1
shinigami
boytitan2
xzpwnz
Z741
NovaZero
Fate
Vartio
farith
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
farith
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

which of these bots is worth the money? Empty
PostSubject: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:36 pm

I got some RT left but I am not sure which bot I should get, plus I only have enough to get 1. These are my choices:

1) hatigram:
After seeing the dragon fang yesterday, though not in actual combat, I want to make one with 2 dragon fang to look cool. However, I don't know how effective it will be in battle

2) sturbanger:
I want to make a spam bot with lots and lots of missiles

3) saggitary maxis:
I once saw this player who used a 3 railgun saggitary maxis, it was epic bad ass looking. However, I am not sure how good it is over all.

4) Toybox:
Same reason as sturbanger, I would like to make a spam bot.

so what are your inputs on this matter?
Back to top Go down
Vartio
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 134

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:00 pm

Only Maxis is REALLY worth the money there. Toybox would follow up, other 2 are crap. Sturb works for some people but for me it's the most inaccurate P.O.S. ever.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fate

Male Posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:02 pm

i would go for maxis, but no Moneys Mad

just saiyan lol!
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:08 pm

Get Maxis.

Hatigarm Machine is superior to Hatigarm, but Hatigarm Machine doesn't exist yet.

Sturbanger and Toybox are both giant coffins on legs with abhorrently inaccurate internal weapons. Avoid.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:18 pm

Two dragon fangs? Hold on a minute here.... while I give the fangs credit for being funny while spamming flames, they DO come at a hefty cost [210? somewhere around that number], and are pretty much good for just rushing a mass of unsuspecting enemies, burning some of them, and getting out before you're done in. While the melee punches also look cool, they're on the slow side, and you definitely don't want that on a LND, much less a larger LND like Hatigarm.

I'll go along with the consensus and say Maxis being the best out of the four, but...

A Toybox with a Grandum BS is a happy Toybox. Smile Then it's just a matter of keeping your wits about yourself and avoiding death by pulling out before things go south.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:35 pm

Forget all of those! (Except maybe saggy)
Go Byne!
Back to top Go down
farith
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:56 pm

Z741 wrote:
Two dragon fangs? Hold on a minute here.... while I give the fangs credit for being funny while spamming flames, they DO come at a hefty cost [210? somewhere around that number], and are pretty much good for just rushing a mass of unsuspecting enemies, burning some of them, and getting out before you're done in. While the melee punches also look cool, they're on the slow side, and you definitely don't want that on a LND, much less a larger LND like Hatigarm.

I'll go along with the consensus and say Maxis being the best out of the four, but...

A Toybox with a Grandum BS is a happy Toybox. Smile Then it's just a matter of keeping your wits about yourself and avoiding death by pulling out before things go south.

well, like I said, I have no idea what its battle effectiveness is. All I know is that dragon fangs looks so damn cool; and the wolf itself also looks so damn badass too. SO I thought, maybe it will be epic bad ass if I put them together.

and I thought sturbanger is good since the describtion said it is a walking armory
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:09 pm

farith wrote:
and I thought sturbanger is good since the describtion said it is a walking armory
It walks SLOWER than a toybox, and even though armed with loads of missiles, they have average accuracy and lack firepower. So much for walking armory.

The standard variant is good, though.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:21 pm

Order I would get them in:
Maxis
Sturbanger
Hatigram
Toybox
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:23 pm

And I agree with Nova
Machine hatigram makes hatigram look like a piece of shit
Back to top Go down
farith
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:41 pm

Cori wrote:
farith wrote:
It walks SLOWER than a toybox, and even though armed with loads of missiles, they have average accuracy and lack firepower. So much for walking armory.

The standard variant is good, though.

but can you spam fire the missles even without a target to lock-on to?

and I guess I will wait for that better wolf bot to come out then to make that bot or something.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:55 pm

sturbanger main problem is HES SO SLOW even with boost run I replaced him with my contradict since he run circles around him even with out boost run

toybox Im keeping him at lvl 5 cause he can do some great dmg in lvl 5 rooms and normal cause the high cost capacity he gets

but dont buy toynbox destrutor with some tuneing can be just as good give him a gradum booster and u will loose all reason to use toybox

Maxis he IS GOD BOW TO HIM

hatigram I want one but its for one of my unique strategys I use very creative builds ^__^

heres a chart of wat I use

maxis lvl 10 forever my starter right with destrutor

sturbanger got to lvl 8 was replaced with toybox seeing as how I could just put a asura amj a king meton am2 and a sturbanger am and 2 missles and get better results

toybox was replace by contradict
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:01 pm

What is the purpose of firing a missile if you aren't locked on to anything?It'll just go straight without homing to anything I reckon.

The sturbanger standard has high mobility,I don know about normal sturbanger but standard's homing is quite gd.

If you really want to spam without a lot of aiming,get contradicts,or maybe 2. 8 anti-air missiles at once if u lock on 4 targets Very Happy and duel missile hands.High tec and mobility for a L art.
Back to top Go down
zappa1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
zappa1

Male Posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:07 pm

I have toybox and I'm honestly quite disappointed with this big pile of junk. That's just my personal opinion of him. spending the money on maxis however was well worth it. Just make sure you dont get reckless and stay back and make sure you have allies around, and you'll find making it on the top 8 a regular thing.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:04 am

zappa1 wrote:
I have toybox and I'm honestly quite disappointed with this big pile of junk. That's just my personal opinion of him. spending the money on maxis however was well worth it. Just make sure you dont get reckless and stay back and make sure you have allies around, and you'll find making it on the top 8 a regular thing.

Don't take any sniping lessons from boytitan.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:24 am

Cori wrote:
Forget all of those! (Except maybe saggy)
Go Byne!

That.
and you need mobility over raw power on those already (Extremely powerful) robots.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:15 am

knyx wrote:
zappa1 wrote:

if u ask me boytitans a great sniper

ya you didnt watch my newest gameplay did u noobs cause I improved alot and my bots have diff builds now and are higher lvl thanw hent his was recorded I improved even more now go fly around in ur crimrose and do hit and runs puub

Last edited by boytitan2 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:19 am

boytitan2 wrote:
knyx wrote:
zappa1 wrote:

if u ask me oytitans a great sniper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2FiLAV85w8

ya you didnt watch my newest gameplay did u noobs cause I improved alot and my bots have diff builds now and are higher lvl thanw hent his was recorded I improved even more now go fly around in ur crimrose and do hit and runs puub
Any idea that you video wasn't 'praiseworthy' in anyway?

Seriously.
*ninja edit*
Lol what?
#9th place and your proud of it?
Not even a single medal?
Back to top Go down
Riverlia

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:20 am

Quote :
What is the purpose of firing a missile if you aren't locked on to anything?It'll just go straight without homing to anything I reckon.
curve-shooting the clustered spots I supposed, got some kill that way with the box missile.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:23 am

Riverlia wrote:
Quote :
curve-shooting the clustered spots I supposed, got some kill that way with the box missile.
Your better off using a rocket or a bullet for that matter. Idea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:25 am

Riverlia wrote:
Quote :
Not with Sturbanger, which was the subject when that question was asked.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:26 am

Cori wrote:
Riverlia wrote:
Quote :
Not with Sturbanger, which was the subject when that question was asked.
Sturbanger = walking cost buffet.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 1:26 am

Nisa wrote:
boytitan2 wrote:
knyx wrote:

if u ask me oytitans a great sniper https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2FiLAV85w8

Any idea that you video wasn't 'praiseworthy' in anyway?

Seriously.
*ninja edit*
Lol what?
#9th place and your proud of it?
Not even a single medal?

cough noob alert it was 5th place vcough u dint even make top ten da one time u was in a room i played in cough again learn how to count didnt know 5 look like 9
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 3:57 am

Lol is that a challenge?
Back to top Go down
haures
haures

Male Posts : 89

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:40 am

saggitary maxis FTW!

but regarding the video of boytitan, I prefer a constant running saggi max without that howitizer >.<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: which of these bots is worth the money?   which of these bots is worth the money? Empty

Back to top Go down

which of these bots is worth the money?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next