Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*

Go down 
+14
Raven
Tryrant
Eijyaw
Hagane
Suguri
Z741
Myzr
Hyoka
RoboFranky
Nisa
reVelske
necrio
Shaftronics
reiya
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Eijyaw
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Eijyaw

Male Posts : 359

How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 1:55 am

If you're going in as a AIR, I got no advice there considering that your gameplay was decent and that I suck at AIR types.

BUT for melee, I'd go with what Suguri said. Melee weapons Auto-lock so aiming isn't the problem. Problem is landing the hit. Slayer's speed is.....Sluggish, if I need say it in a nice way.

I'd suggest some Ace Braver AMs for starters. I'm sure you have loads of them. Great chase down for LND and AIR.

Also, if you ARE going melee, almost NEVER charge in head on. Ninja your way and hit your opponent while they don't know you're near. Stay with the team if the map is.....Plain and straight-forward unless you KNOW(Do not THINK, KNOW) you can get out if you are in a bad situation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:14 am

If you're on your last speck of health, make sure you don't get accidently hit by your team mates.
FRIENDLY FIRE CAN KILL!!! I'm serious, I've tried it before.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:20 am

Cori wrote:
necrio wrote:
Cori wrote:

1. Tile Float
2. Helingal
3. ???
4. Profit!
1. Tile Float
2. Helingal
3. Enemy sturbanger spam
4. ???
5. not profit

seriously that one map is too infested with missile spamming ARTs and EVEs for AIRs to work decently, unless your team is zerging AIRs.

I forgot to add "ninja under the tiles" in there.

Use a maxis.
Back to top Go down
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 3:48 am

@LXE: LOL. happened to me before.

@nisa: LOL.

will upload when i'm done dling and maint is over.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 4:27 am

Cori wrote:

I'm a Ninja under the tiles. I do that a lot. IT WORKS!!!
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 5:54 am

LXE wrote:
Cori wrote:

izuna spam under the tiles works very nicely XD
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 7:09 am

LXE wrote:
Cori wrote:

Great for perverts too!
Back to top Go down
Tryrant
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Tryrant

Male Posts : 177

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:10 am

@Op

For melee, nearly all, you want boost run to attack enemies quickly and if you can run out before any major trouble happens. Weapon choice is definitely key as well and if you want to use a metal slayer, generally you want it to be close to the last attack you do; aka if you do an attack with a different weapon (my experience is with a mighty byne and metal slayer) is attack with other melee's first and then have it chain to metal slayer slash for a heavy hit. Shields are also major help in melees as well, since hey pesky airs gonna bug ya might as well have a shield to block some of their guns. Another thing that would be smart to do sometimes is if you are going against a team that just masses the heck out of large bulky slow arts that camp the ps, sneak around them and attack they will be hitting their team members before they hit you and it can result in easy points and kills instantly.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:19 am

Tryrant wrote:
@Op
Another thing that would be smart to do sometimes is if you are going against a team that just masses the heck out of large bulky slow arts that camp the ps, sneak around them and attack they will be hitting their team members before they hit you and it can result in easy points and kills instantly.

Don't forget to bring your Hippos, Fire Pillars, and Hurricane Blows.

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT.
Back to top Go down
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:24 am

@tryant: thanks. still in progress of recording the new video. been busy with personal life stuff

@raven: TOTALLY
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:57 am

1. Get four hipporoids
  2. Go to unguarded and vulnerable PS
  3. Summon All ur Hipporoids
  4. ???
  5. WIN!
  6. All ur base r belong 2 us!
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 4:22 am

LXE wrote:
  1. Get four hipporoids
  4. ???
  5. WIN!

Nonono
you do that in epoch's not normal matches.
Back to top Go down
necrio
Master Poster
Master Poster
necrio

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:32 am

Nisa wrote:
LXE wrote:
  1. Get four hipporoids
  4. ???
  5. WIN!

Nonono
there is a match where that strategy is viable with an AIR bot

winter base in shuffles

bring a dual-blaster AIR, sneak to enemy base, spam hippo, fire dual blaster
often it results in free points

I got top 5 by doing that, with no one noticing
a very good map for free points.
Back to top Go down
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IcyAmiki

Female Posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 10:47 am

Etto.... where should I really start this... >_>...

CHAPTER 1.

First off, since you say that you tend to get lost in that map... I'm not sure if it is really intentional that you move around with your melee like that. *aka chasing random enemies and slash them*

So, the first tip I can give is... learn to use the map and plan where to hit the enemy and avoid if necessary *since you're used to use Ouka for so long, I think it might get you used to just rush and combo an enemy to death* - aka where to escape, when to escape, and when should you avoid the enemy.

Where to escape should be obvious, since you would go for a cave and try to outrun your opposition. When to escape, starts off by looking at the minimap when you're raping someone, if there are many enemies around you, ESPECIALLY AIR, avoid, and turn tail. You're better off leaving than costing your life in that kind of battle. - Adding to that, if you're in a wide place, try not to stray too far from your teammates.

When you should avoid an enemy is a lil tricky, you need to check the map often, and see the number of enemy over there. - Try not to fight in an open space, since AIR tends to lurks there and will follow you til you die (For melee), For AIR, if there are a lot of enemy AIR in the center, don't go kamikaze and try to be hero, stay at the edge of the area and try picking them off from sides.

Oh, and during your retreat. Face the enemy, not where you're walking, try to memorize how the walkway will look like. When you face the enemy, at least you can predict how to dodge their bullets.

Adding to that, you need to be able to predict how they will move. *FOR SOME REASON, alot of people tend to go in linear type of reaction - Ohhhhh, lets chase and kill them till we die* So, you can pretty much guess that they won't expect you to come about from behind and strike you again *the chaser becomes the chased*

-------------------------------------------------WALL OF TEXT FTW---------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IcyAmiki

Female Posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 11:01 am

CHAPTER 2 - MELEE

This is the hard part for me, since I'm not really faring too well with LND bots and adding to that I tend to opt for something from Rt.

The main Argument is usually, Combo Vs. Damage.

Combo - The more combo you can do, basically means that the more chances you get to stagger someone and prevents them from moving from the spot.

Adv - You can annoy the hell out of your enemy and adding to that you can pretty much cycle between different style of attacks and adjust to your current situation.

Disadv - You tend to give out much more lower damage, and adding to that, if the damage is too low, units with high TGH have higher chances to escape. And, finding the right combo that can fit your style is something that is being debated for quite some time as well. >_> like what to use and how to use it. Core weapon like Zero Step, or Jikun Tackle can make a different kind of gameplay.

Damage - The more Damage you deal, well basically, the more fun you have at seeing yourself murdering your enemy.

Adv - Easy to stagger someone and easy to kill.

Disadv - You tend to end up a combo in a very short time (in 1 hit, since high force melee tends to have very low amount of combo - and slow).

By, adjusting to these 2 things, you can pretty much imagine how you will play in matches. Style of combo also affects on how well you do (like Squeler AM that chases people). As such for weapon, I can't really give a proper suggestion though the easier method is to just use a Haku Sword.

Playstyle of Melee -

You have 2 type as well basically, The Rusher, or the Rat (just giving it the name for the sake of fun).

The Rusher, tends to go to the front with fully buffed body of the such like Byne with shields, they can basically take a load of damage and usually would be able to reach the frontline and mobbed others. This usually would be in the L category, with the exception of Jikun *Lag ftw*.

The Rat, basically, are those which have a good DPS setup, but are more physically prone to get killed due to lower amount of defenses. This kind would have a much more trickier play style. Since, they're not opted for frontline, but more towards sneak attacks. For this, you need to usually get something like Short Boost if you have any.

PS: WIll continue later. :p
Back to top Go down
technomo12
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
technomo12

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 1:05 pm

easiest non combatant way to help team??

be a windberl or mediaide or high priestol q

and spam your repair bits on PS 90% sure way to get you a title of best support
Back to top Go down
Midona
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midona

Male Posts : 608

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 2:24 pm

Some possibilities :
- Play hoppers
- Play SUP healers commando
- If you're a LND and not an ouka, don't play ANY close combat weapon which is not a Kamui Staff
- If you're a AIR, don't play ANY weapons excepted Plasma Gun
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 3:20 pm

Don't get hit
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:08 pm

Midona wrote:

- If you're a LND and not an ouka, don't play ANY close combat weapon which is not a Kamui Staff
- If you're a AIR, don't play ANY weapons excepted Plasma Gun
There's plenty of great melee weapons, what are you talking about. Almost all parts with integrated melee are great, especially ace braver AM and red squealer AM. Laser Blade, Sonic Blade, Lance, Halberd, larger swords, Damascus Knife, Slash Blade, and Divine Blade are all great melee weapons, to name a few.

And plasma guns aren't even remotely close to being the only good weapon for airs. Wide Beam Gun, Beam Accelgun, Double Beam Gun, Beam Gun Mod, Beam Machinegun, Limited Plasma Gun, Laser, Blaster, Twin Blaster, Particle Gun, Musket, Flint Musket, Beam Rifle, Auto Beam Rifle, Garulabird AM, Tesladonna AM/AM2/AM3/AM4, Baltheon AM/AM2, Mini Bazooka, Auto Magnum, and Military Gun, to name a few more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 5:12 pm

Nisa wrote:
LXE wrote:
  1. Get four hipporoids
  4. ???
  5. WIN!

Nonono
Shocked
Problem with that is, in Epoch matches...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
reiya
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
reiya

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 3:11 am

thanks guys. i'm back btw after a day of haitus. was busy with personal life stuff. will begin to upload a new video soon... once... i've settled down.. D=
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:27 am

IcyAmiki wrote:
CHAPTER 2 - MELEE

Damage - The more Damage you deal, well basically, the more fun you have at seeing yourself murdering your enemy.

Them big numbers are deliciousu~!
Back to top Go down
Eijyaw
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Eijyaw

Male Posts : 359

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 11:02 am

Agreed.

If you ARE serious on playing melee, start off like a ninja and hit your opponent from behind.

Also, Squealer AM. FOREVER. That thing's chase down is down right scary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*   How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up* - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

How to up your level of gameplay? *video is up*
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2