Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

outside CB paint editor HELP!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
robinatehisdick2

outside CB paint editor HELP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: outside CB paint editor HELP!!!!   outside CB paint editor HELP!!!! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:17 pm

hi guyz, got a newbie question, i've been trying to make skins for my bots using CB poly editor/skin editor, anyone knows a software where i can edit it much easier, i tried it with photoshop but whenever i upload it to CB it says 2 errors, either not in palette format or something about the number of palette, i tried saving it to png, gif, etc. thnx
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: outside CB paint editor HELP!!!!   outside CB paint editor HELP!!!! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 10:04 pm

when you mess around in photoshop, you need to make sure you are in "index color" mode with max of 15 colors before you save.

problem with photoshop is when you change it into RGB mode then change it back to index, the color index is all screwed up. So, when you import them into game, the color will be in disarray. I do not suggest using photoshop other than using selection tools and the ability to cut and paste. Majority of the editing is easily done within game editor.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: outside CB paint editor HELP!!!!   outside CB paint editor HELP!!!! EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 11:13 pm

Alternatively, use MSPaint, it will open the image with the correct number of palettes, and really, you don't need any more than what MSPaint offers when it comes to skin editing.
Back to top Go down
Primrose
Primrose

Female Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: outside CB paint editor HELP!!!!   outside CB paint editor HELP!!!! EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 3:39 am

I had just used Paint to try and externally edit the skin only to have it come up with the same error "Image is not in palette format." I also attempted this with Paint.NET, only to have the same end result, "Image is not in palette format." Now when I saved that very same image in an 8-bit format it does indeed load it within Cosmic Break, but with several transparent or miscolored layers. So I am either missing something within MSPaint where it saves the image as a 16-bit one, or something else I'm simply not getting.

If anyone knows what I might be doing wrong here, please let me know. Because I would sure love to edit skins outside CB if only to save what few UC it would take in game >.> That, and I find editing externally much easier all around.
Back to top Go down
fhoeng
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
fhoeng

PostSubject: Re: outside CB paint editor HELP!!!!   outside CB paint editor HELP!!!! EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 8:57 am

if you want to control the usage of color without ever going into cosmic break, you will need more than ms paint.

Index color is basically a set of color table that give each color a number. These numbers are then used by the game to identify which color goes where. When working out of index color mode, the saving function in the program randomly assign which color is which number; that's why when you import into the game, the color are not in the right places.

You can edit inside ms paint, but if you ever add and/or remove more than 1 color, chances are the color index are screwed.

I suggest you find a sprite/palette editor that allow you to manage your index color table. All program used to make sprite should have this function.

(Cosmic break actually use 16 colors, but to edit the 16th color, you must do it outside of game.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: outside CB paint editor HELP!!!!   outside CB paint editor HELP!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

outside CB paint editor HELP!!!!
Page 1 of 1