Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Warning about a Elaborated Scam

Go down 
+10
Nisa
boytitan2
Fate
cheongzewei
Etherlight
xzpwnz
knyx
Jello
Z741
Moon Light
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Moon Light

Male Posts : 30

A Warning about a Elaborated Scam Empty
PostSubject: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:17 pm

im pretty sure some of you already saw the scheme on the CB official forum, but id like to be certain that everyone knows of it.

1337nEvil was a DOS player that peformed CC gen scam on several DOS players, he has at least 12 users on his score list, and it may be growing.

how he did it was literally the trick to it, he had referrals that you could check to see if he was legit. it was usually someone he had "donated" money to, in reality, someone that the system hadnt yet picked as a CC scam. he would then offer you some RT, requesting user name and password. when he finaly gets banned he simply remakes the account, sometimes even saying his main account got banned for something futile or impossible. until then, he had quite a number of people on his hitlist.

he may have a "safe" account. he used to have a guild as a leader, and people remember that the guild always had his members disapearing. he "asked" for a skin of CS-chan, jack gadget 2 and Cosmo kaiser, so if you see those commando team, watch out.
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:22 pm

Moon Light wrote:
he would then offer you some RT, requesting user name and password.
Obvious reply is obvious.... but I'm pretty damned sure you're not to give that kinda info out freely.
Back to top Go down
Moon Light

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 10:25 pm

i didnt, indeed. i never really understood why he didnt tried some means to repass the scammed money.

we asked for paypal or game cards, he refused. when he just offered money to people, poiting out another sucessful player now filled with RT as a referral, it was quite alluring. he got a lot of people because of that.
Back to top Go down
Jello
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Jello

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:28 pm

Z741 wrote:
Moon Light wrote:
Obvious reply is obvious.... but I'm pretty damned sure you're not to give that kinda info out freely.

I know right? When some person you don't know personally asks you for your user name and password you usually never give it.

Only total idiots fall for these kinds of scams.

It's like having some stranger going up to you and says "yo dawg gimme yo social security numbah and credit card numbah and i'll have u ballin in cash yo"

Even if the person is not a stranger, let's say he a friend, you still won't give any type of personal info to someone. Anyone!

Can't believe people still fall for these kinds of scams...

p.s. This isn't "elaborate" in any way, shape, or form.

Last edited by Jello on Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:34 pm

People are still getting tricked with this "give your username and password" scam?
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:52 pm

A Nigerian prince wants me to wire him $1000 along with my bank number and PIN, in return for his oil fortunes? Sweet Jesus I'm getting in on this!
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyMon Feb 07, 2011 11:59 pm

Lololol xz is disappoint
Back to top Go down
Etherlight
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Etherlight

Male Posts : 156

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 12:00 am

I guess greed can overcome the obvious nature of the scam and one's intelligence. Why else would you give out your username and password?
Back to top Go down
cheongzewei
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
cheongzewei

Male Posts : 220

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 12:28 am

here's a question i have though.

why get other people accounts? what happens then? it's not like you can bazaar anything.
Back to top Go down
Fate
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Fate

Male Posts : 588

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:44 am

omg wants money!

ID: scammeplz
pass: qqsomemore

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 1:47 am

cheongzewei wrote:

why get other people accounts? what happens then? it's not like you can bazaar anything.

Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

Male Posts : 8639

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:34 am

thanks moon I was bout to post this and ya guys look watch out
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 4:38 am

cheongzewei wrote:

he wasnt taking there accounts he got the rt illegaly

how can I explain it he was putting 50-100 dollers worth of rt on ppl accounts with no money to back it up he basicly hacked the game and commited fraud

cyber step is being really nice to the ppl this happend to that accounts are banned giving them options actually

EDIT

also I can see why some ppl took the offer a few other ppl got free a shit loads worth of rt for free didnt get banned so they go fuck it why pay

EDIT # 2

http://www.cosmicbreak.com/community/forum/topic/2636/1
Back to top Go down
Moon Light

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:04 am

he always had referrals.

it was quite difficult to talk people out of it when he had 2 or 3 dudes literally waiting for a ban flashing their illegaly obtained bots saying for you to go for it.
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:15 am

Trolololol

I won't even give my username to betamoon's cousin for 200 rt.
Back to top Go down
HashiriyaR32
Molcars Feasting
Molcars Feasting

Male Posts : 620

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 9:24 am

RIGHT THERE. No matter how good the offer is, you NEVER, EVER accept something with the above as a stipulation.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idforums.net
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 5:40 pm

HashiriyaR32 wrote:

RIGHT THERE. No matter how good the offer is, you NEVER, EVER accept something with the above as a stipulation.

I mean, yeah...how the devil did anyone fall for that? *shrug* Question
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyTue Feb 08, 2011 7:42 pm

CapeMike wrote:
HashiriyaR32 wrote:

I mean, yeah...how the devil did anyone fall for that? *shrug* Question

yall really dont read ppl fail for it cause some ppl who had it happen to them didnt get caught or banned and have a bunch of frre rt now
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 12:27 am

Either way, it's just sickening to me that anyone would even consider attempting something like this, and I have no sympathy for anyone who was hacked/banned.... No

It's gonna happen, though, I suppose...gotta be a better way to catch them....
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 1:40 am

CapeMike wrote:
Either way, it's just sickening to me that anyone would even consider attempting something like this, and I have no sympathy for anyone who was hacked/banned.... No

It's gonna happen, though, I suppose...gotta be a better way to catch them....

all games get hacked there that can be done but bann

2 bad the pc aint like the xbox were a ban from one game means fuck u your not coming online anymore cause if u hack one game u hacked another

the ppl who got hack didnt know it was being done threw hacking greed is a powerful thing luckily I put fuck no dis shit dont sound right over greed

or woulda stoped after da first time I got some free shit been satisfied
Back to top Go down
Moon Light

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 9:33 am

i heard rumors that hes on BRD now with a EVE on "loan".

watch out for really good "donations" offers.
Back to top Go down
boytitan2
Fishell
Fishell

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 2:57 pm

Moon Light wrote:
i heard rumors that hes on BRD now with a EVE on "loan".

watch out for really good "donations" offers.

Im sorry this is a cosmic fail this is the 3rd time he has gotten a free eve and rt threw fucking with da rt system were da hell cs security at

3 times 3

wait 3 documented times
Back to top Go down
IronDicks
♥ラブマスター♥
♥ラブマスター♥
IronDicks

Male Posts : 1504

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 6:14 pm

i'll repeat again in a less boytitan written way

the people who got scammed didn't know it was a scam, the dude built up trust with everyone and offered to donate the rt to good players who needed, the guys a real doo doo head
Back to top Go down
falconbane

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 11:59 pm

Thanks IronDicks, it's impossible to understand retarded-alien english Laughing

I would laugh hard if I didn't know a few of these players (whom are pretty good), hope they get a speedy "recovery"
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam EmptyFri Feb 11, 2011 12:01 am

falconbane wrote:
Thanks IronDicks, it's impossible to understand retarded-alien english Laughing

I would laugh hard if I didn't know a few of these players (whom are pretty good), hope they get a speedy "recovery"
alien alien alien alien alien Boytitan timeu alien alien
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Warning about a Elaborated Scam   A Warning about a Elaborated Scam Empty

Back to top Go down

A Warning about a Elaborated Scam
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next