Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Butterflea: Worth it?

Go down 
+6
Hyoka
Feign
xzpwnz
Intet
TaeTae
Suguri
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Butterflea: Worth it? Empty
PostSubject: Butterflea: Worth it?   Butterflea: Worth it? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:26 pm

I was going to get a ZSG (or Misty, still not sure...) today, but I saw Butterflea in the shop and it caught my interest. Its stats look pretty good - especially for an S-size air - and they'd only get better after swapping his legs, head, and maybe arms. The attack in the BS has me intrigued too, though I have no idea what it is or what it does.

Anyone know anything about this bot?

EDIT: Cart selection looks pretty decent too. Stealth System, Sniper Scope, and Broad Radar, as well as the typical useful stuff for airs.
Back to top Go down
TaeTae
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
TaeTae

PostSubject: Re: Butterflea: Worth it?   Butterflea: Worth it? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:37 pm

It's ok stats wise and cartridge wise but it's bs is crap. I got it in cbjp. It makes like a tornado and makes u fly backwards a bit. The tornado stays in the same position and does some damage. Just the damage is pitiful.

The BD isn't bad tho.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Butterflea: Worth it?   Butterflea: Worth it? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:45 pm

As an air enthusiast I picked it up, and don't regret the purchase.

First things first, Butterflea is tiny. It's the shortest small air in the game, even shorter than Crimrose. The small hit-box goes along way. The cartridge selection is pretty good, including; stun regain at 6 and higher, sniper sight, stealth system, broad radar at 9+. The cost carts are good, and base capacity is nice as well, you can slap a limited plasmagun on this little fella right out the box.

The BS attack, from what I can tell, is almost worthless. It makes a tornado AOE that does low damage each second, if you manage to sneak up on a group of people and hit them with it, I suppose that would be nice extra damage in conjunction with the guns you put on him. The damage is really low, while it has a force of 30, I've never hit more than 10dmg on any unit. Granted if someone stays in the tornado the whole time they might take 30ish damage altogether, but either its bugged, or just misrepresented. The tornado is not a twister, unlike the twister fan, or haku's wind, and garulabird's core attack, it will not knock a flying unit out of the sky. There is an odd use for the BS, and that is as a strange stovl. When used on the ground you'll hit near max flying height while backing away, so I can sorta seeing being used to take off in some circumstances.

It is a small air with good stats and a lot of customization options. If your looking for a small air to tinker with, it is a good choice. And even if your not, the stock stats are good to begin with.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Butterflea: Worth it?   Butterflea: Worth it? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 8:52 pm

Good to know. Sucks about the BS though, that 30 force had me excited. :c

Would you recommend it over Zero Saber Girl or Misty Hollow?
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Butterflea: Worth it?   Butterflea: Worth it? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:07 pm

I would take it over misty, zero saber girl comes down to a few things though. Mostly cause misty is a weird gimmicky bot.

First off, if your not going to bother tuning your bot, zero saber girl is just a cosmetic choice (not that there is anything wrong with that).
If you are, then its a play style choice, both are small targets, so it comes down to whether you like to fly around, or run to get your fight on.
If you run land all the time, ZSG would probably be the choice for you since your going to use it more.

Personally I say take Butterflea, he is cute, tiny, and a good bot, plus you can do a survey or two, and then get zero saber for 15 rt (then poly edit the head into a weird ZSG, lol).

Yah I saw the BS and was like "mmmmm" then used it and was like "damn!". If it hit for 30 damage though it would be crazy, since it hits about 7-10 times if something stays in it (and at 30dmg it would stun-lock most bots into it). I wish it gave disorder effect though, for how awkward it is to use offensively, it needs a buff. Stats on the BS aren't bad though.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Butterflea: Worth it?   Butterflea: Worth it? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:22 pm

Intet wrote:
I would take it over misty, zero saber girl comes down to a few things though. Mostly cause misty is a weird gimmicky bot.

First off, if your not going to bother tuning your bot, zero saber girl is just a cosmetic choice (not that there is anything wrong with that).
If you are, then its a play style choice, both are small targets, so it comes down to whether you like to fly around, or run to get your fight on.
If you run land all the time, ZSG would probably be the choice for you since your going to use it more.

Personally I say take Butterflea, he is cute, tiny, and a good bot, plus you can do a survey or two, and then get zero saber for 15 rt (then poly edit the head into a weird ZSG, lol).

Yah I saw the BS and was like "mmmmm" then used it and was like "damn!". If it hit for 30 damage though it would be crazy, since it hits about 7-10 times if something stays in it (and at 30dmg it would stun-lock most bots into it). I wish it gave disorder effect though, for how awkward it is to use offensively, it needs a buff. Stats on the BS aren't bad though.
Ouka is actually my only land bot, and I've been looking at ZSG since unlike Ouka, she can actually pose a threat to airborne targets as well. I typically play airs - my main bots are Tesladonna, Thoarla, and Seraph - so having a third S-size air with decent stats would be nice. But at the same time, so would having a second, potent land. I dunno, it's a tossup in terms of necessity. And yes, I do intend to tune.
Back to top Go down
Intet
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

PostSubject: Re: Butterflea: Worth it?   Butterflea: Worth it? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:43 pm

Then pick up which you feel you can't make with UC components.
Back to top Go down
xzpwnz
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
xzpwnz

Male Posts : 4686

PostSubject: Re: Butterflea: Worth it?   Butterflea: Worth it? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:45 pm

Lolno not worth it
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Jack Gadget: Worth it?   Butterflea: Worth it? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:46 pm

Intet wrote:
and then get zero saber for 15 rt (then poly edit the head into a weird ZSG, lol).
Neutral

...Aaaanyway, I'm more intrigued by Jack Gadget. Psyblade in the head, "Double hammer" in the booster and an "8 Shot Beam Smasher" in the body...

I have a Jack Gadget 2 and love the hell outta the thing, the sound of this "Beam Smasher" has me intrigued...
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Butterflea: Worth it?   Butterflea: Worth it? EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 10:57 pm

About Jack Gadget's "beam smasher", play Gigan Busters fourth stage, the one with the lava and all that.

Halfway through the stage a "Blasteroid" appears, which charges and fires a large beam from his chest.

It's something similar, although not quite.

Also his booster's hammer is freaking amazing.
Back to top Go down
knyx
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
knyx

PostSubject: Re: Butterflea: Worth it?   Butterflea: Worth it? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 12:23 am

Hyoka wrote:
About Jack Gadget's "beam smasher", play Gigan Busters fourth stage, the one with the lava and all that.

Halfway through the stage a "Blasteroid" appears, which charges and fires a large beam from his chest.

Wait, you lob around giant blue hadoukens? This has me interested.
Back to top Go down
Xynno
Xynno

Female Posts : 67

PostSubject: Re: Butterflea: Worth it?   Butterflea: Worth it? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 12:53 am

honestly he isn't that great, zero saber girl in my opinion is alot better >.>, shes a smaller target than zero saber and has more slots to boot. The Zero step core is alot more useful then his BD imo anyway ._.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Butterflea: Worth it?   Butterflea: Worth it? EmptyFri Jan 28, 2011 12:56 am

knyx wrote:
Hyoka wrote:

Wait, you lob around giant blue hadoukens? This has me interested.

Well you throw beams from your chest, fire boomerangs from your head (not THAT interesting but it works to some point), your booster is two hammers which hit for 30 or so force each (and that's better than the S-size club, yah?)... I'd like this guy, but after I get my Psycho Formula.
Back to top Go down
IcyAmiki
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IcyAmiki

Female Posts : 341

PostSubject: Re: Butterflea: Worth it?   Butterflea: Worth it? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 1:00 pm

Well, I do have those 2 version of Jack Gadget, and what I would say is. Jack Gadget 1 playstyle is pretty much different as compared to the version 2.

What I can comment on the Sub is, the Psyblade and the Hammer, is one of the more useless thing that you can get on a S class Sup bot, since the Psyblade execution and speed to reach the target is rather slow, adding to that, the Hammer execution is about as fast as you use a Club type weapon, and having only 2 combo at that, with no special effect or whatsoever. Those Sub ended up being a farming tree item at the end and pretty much you would switch it with something else.

However, the Beam Smasher is a doozie. It fires a burst of 8 shots of 12 Damage Wide Beam bullet in a row after a charge up (much like the Jack Gadget 2 HD laser which needs charging up). Regardless, it is very decent in delivering damage and is a Main Weapon, meaning you can use it in conjunction with Winberrl AM and few other stuff. It has a core upgrade, but pretty much it didn't add any extra bullet, just more of the range and speed *but only about 10 or so per upgrade... so, to me there's not much worth in upgrading it*

Well, with a setup of Pterano HD, Jack Gadget BD, Winberrl AM, with 2 Rifle or Elec Gun, you can pretty much drop dead an ART or LND at least with few Alpha Strikes. *Decent damage of about 60-100 per sec*

Oh and the Beam Smasher so far, is pretty reliable to hit air as well, and given that it has a range of more than 250, you can pretty much charge up earlier than expected.

It ended up being a good LND killer from one Perspective and in regards as well a healer. =p
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: Butterflea: Worth it?   Butterflea: Worth it? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 5:35 pm

Butterflea's BS as far as i heard sucks,
Never tried it out myself yet,
But the BD itself seems decent.
It should of been better off as a silver ball in garapon since more people would use a bot they'd get indirectly
Rather than buying something that has no value to them at a first look.

Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Butterflea: Worth it?   Butterflea: Worth it? Empty

Back to top Go down

Butterflea: Worth it?
Page 1 of 1