Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What gara is worth it atm?

Go down 
+12
Mew
Suki_Eve
Suguri
Malphes
Asagi-san
Raven
SmileBrush
UncleBobbie
God is a Cat Girl
Stickboy
Zwiebel Force
Breaker-Z
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Breaker-Z
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Breaker-Z

Male Posts : 185

What gara is worth it atm? Empty
PostSubject: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:38 pm

Yeah...title says all

I think i'm gonna do the weekly for anything but the medi aide or the crocodagger
I tried the mega gara and got that lightning gun(have on already.also i only want silver prizes from this gara.gold would be nice,but i like the mechas)

So yeah, tell me what gara you guys think is worth it(or not) and why.

thanks in advance
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:44 pm

Weekly looks ok, the weapons look like troll though.

If you don't wanna do weekly, I'd wait till next monthly or try daily. Robo Gara 2 is nice as well, but you probably have anything you want/nee by now Surprised
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:04 pm

Take Medi Aide AM2 and play SUP. ._.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:06 pm

Well, if I don't count with what I own, Mega it is.
If you want specific stuff, either would be good anyway!
I would only roll weekly for Ouka, since Mega has more mechas?

(in a more personal way, weekly only has 1 thing that I really want, which is Ouka. Nicole would be fine, as Laz would be but I just got her. Mega still has 1 moe that I want. Which? I dunno, I just need 1 more moe that I don't have to get Melfi, and only Regina and Kata are the ones that I miss. I have all silvers that I want, though I don't have... 3 or maybe 4 of them, I forget. The only weapon that I don't have is the one that I wanted, which is the whip. :/ )

Well, robo garas have nice things on them, and only Mechas.
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:20 pm

Nothing will beat Resha / Eris.

So yeah, no gara is worth it.

Don't buy Rt.
Don't roll gara.
Don't play CB.

Go do something productive instead. Like fapping.

/continuefapping
Back to top Go down
SmileBrush
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SmileBrush

Female Posts : 223

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:44 pm

either roll mega gara to get Vector Eagle, Robo Gara/DX Gara for Alba and Muchi, Weekly for Air Raider.... They are some of the handful of mecha bots that can still survive in this meta

or just wait for the next weekly or next monthly like wat Zwibel said.

CS will prolly release something ridiculous by next month so yeah lets be prepared for what might happen too... =.= sigh
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 5:53 pm

For the RT you're spending, Mega garapon is the most worth it by a long shot.

But then personal preference comes into play, and if you don't want anything in it, obviously it's not as worth it. As far as the general term of "worth it" goes, the Mega is the most worth it. That's just plain facts.
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

Male Posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:12 pm

Rule of thumb usually is that whatever gara brings new addition to the bot rosters or has good bots, you roll it. Right now, it's Mega Gara 2, although Eris and Resha have been taken off the listing.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:13 pm

dx robo gara has the best selection of overall great bots that aren't autoplay moeshit
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:18 pm

Suguri wrote:
I'd just hang on to the rest of your Rt if you can resist spending urges for now. There isn't a whole lot that's going to do well in the current Erisha meta that's in current garas. From a non-meta perspective...

-Robo Gara is almost completely good.
-Robo Gara 2 has two amazing, extremely underutilized golds (Tonitrus, Wolfguy), and one decent gold for alpha air parts/pseudo-accele roll melee (Suzeku Basca). Aside from possibly Ominous Scythe there isn't even anything worth salvaging in the rest of the gara though.
-Gara 1 has some useful things (Frau, Shaden, Dae BC, Beetlander, Raystag, Pink-hair Laz, Sigma DI, Blast Baz Mod).
-Most of the remaining things you haven't gotten from megagara are pretty nice still.
-DX gara has some nice things, but you'd probably be better off waiting for individual things in it to show up in daily/weekly/future garapons due to it being quite the grab bag.
Back to top Go down
SmileBrush
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SmileBrush

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 9:19 am

Suguri wrote:
Suguri wrote:
I'd just hang on to the rest of your Rt if you can resist spending urges for now. There isn't a whole lot that's going to do well in the current Erisha meta that's in current garas. From a non-meta perspective...

-Robo Gara 2 has two amazing, extremely underutilized golds (Tonitrus, Wolfguy), and one decent gold for alpha air parts/pseudo-accele roll melee (Suzeku Basca). Aside from possibly Ominous Scythe there isn't even anything worth salvaging in the rest of the gara though.
-Gara 1 has some useful things (Frau, Shaden, Dae BC, Beetlander, Raystag, Pink-hair Laz, Sigma DI, Blast Baz Mod).
-Most of the remaining things you haven't gotten from megagara are pretty nice still.
-DX gara has some nice things, but you'd probably be better off waiting for individual things in it to show up in daily/weekly/future garapons due to it being quite the grab bag.

but it trolls so badly... ._. i did 2 5x rolls and got superfly on both. but somehow i ended up with 5 Powered Laser Mods, 2 Beam Gatling, 1 Psycho Formula, 1 Linear Cannon Mod and 1 blue ball in the end.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 10:03 am

SmileBrush wrote:
Suguri wrote:
Suguri wrote:

but it trolls so badly... ._. i did 2 5x rolls and got superfly on both. but somehow i ended up with 5 Powered Laser Mods, 2 Beam Gatling, 1 Psycho Formula, 1 Linear Cannon Mod and 1 blue ball in the end.
And I did three x1s and got Raid, Lancer, and Laza, in that order. I sure got trolled, huh.

|:
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 10:24 am

SmileBrush wrote:

Trolling? How is that trolling?

Rip the parts off that Psycho Formula and shove 'em on a Lily and an Amateus. :T

Though I suppose the Laser Mods suck since Lasers are nerfed. Humm...

Mega Gara has the most amount of mechabots that are naisu, so I think you'd be better off rolling that. I got three mechs with a x5, so if you do roll it you can hope for 2-3 silvers I'd think.

On the other hand, you might want to wait for whatever crap they're releasing mid-March.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 10:28 am

Suki_Eve wrote:
SmileBrush wrote:

Rip the parts off that Psycho Formula and shove 'em on a Lily and an Amateus. :T

Mega Gara has the most amount of mechabots that are naisu, so I think you'd be better off rolling that. I got three mechs with a x5, so if you do roll it you can hope for 2-3 silvers I'd think.

On the other hand, you might want to wait for whatever crap they're releasing mid-March.

Laser Mods are not bad.

I use them and get 3 Stars easily with them.
Back to top Go down
SmileBrush
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SmileBrush

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:36 pm

Suki_Eve wrote:
SmileBrush wrote:

out of 2 5x rolls (both superfly) i got one silver bot and all else were weps and blue balls. explain how that is NOT trolling. idc how good Psycho can be cuz i alrdy had one.

and @Mew:

ya sure Powered Lasers aren't so bad, ok so tell me how to build a bot that can utilize 58 of em (counted and it turns out i have 8. 5 from the most recent rolls, 3 from earlier rolls... maybe a month ago). jus sayin.

i dunno how this isnt trolling for you guys. :/ u guys wanna trade my lucks with yours?
Back to top Go down
SmileBrush
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SmileBrush

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 12:42 pm

Suguri wrote:
SmileBrush wrote:
Suguri wrote:

And I did three x1s and got Raid, Lancer, and Laza, in that order. I sure got trolled, huh.

|:

fk ur luck D: all i want is a laza in that gara but it just wont give it to me.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 1:19 pm

Looks like I'll have 40rt in a day or 2 on my main acct(thank goodness for bazaar timing)...not sure I wanna gamble on the Mega gara again(admittedly, -both- my accts now have a Mach Knight Ace and Destructor Max)...Suguri's judgements are usually dead-on, so, given my play-style(for those who don't know, I heavily specialize in Support types, while being passable with Arts, sub-par with air, and a tragic liability with lnd/melee)...what do I roll 1 on? Smile
Back to top Go down
Kobrakai
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Kobrakai

Female Posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 2:58 pm

I don't usually join in on these conversations but I'm pretty convinced there's something up with Robo Gara 1 aswell. Probably the seed theory+DROPS THEORY kicking in, I rolled over 130 dollars in RT into it until I actually got a gold, and before that I got around 9 to 11 balthelons 2, psycho formulas, 1 BBMM (fucking love this thing by the way), and a fuckton of volcano splashes which ended up in crim mostly.
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Albatreos Laza... is it really that good? It doesn't have all the anti-air capabilities that the original seems to have. And I'm not sure what the practical use for visible, timed mines are. Are they really that good? I'm kinda new, so I may be missing nuances, but I don't see how it can be better than the original.
Back to top Go down
Raven
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Raven

Male Posts : 946

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 3:44 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the core main is the exact same as the original's core. It might be off in some stats for the sake of a "different" bot, but they're both AA missiles, and both wreck AIRs regardless. Unless I'm just terrible, it's not like the original's core Cruise Missiles were abnormally game breaking anyway. Personally, I'd prefer the mines over the Cruise.

The explosions from the mines are rather large, and they do explode on proximity/contact (I believe), and they also deal a large amount of blast damage. Brilliant on Epoch defense, I'm sure, but also nothing to sneeze at in a regular Union War when you have a bunch of AIRs harassing your ARTs. The fact that they're visible could be used as an advantage, as it forces AIRs that are actually paying attention (trust me, some of them probably aren't anyway) to have to do something they'd rather not have done, much like Amateus' Solar Buster. In short, it's a pressure tactic.

I don't have one, so most of what I'm saying goes from what I've seen, what I can logically piece together, and use of a Mine Shooter (which is essentially Laza's core), in addition to use of the original Alba.
Back to top Go down
Kobrakai
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Kobrakai

Female Posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 3:45 pm

IncuSlave wrote:
Albatreos Laza... is it really that good? It doesn't have all the anti-air capabilities that the original seems to have. And I'm not sure what the practical use for visible, timed mines are. Are they really that good? I'm kinda new, so I may be missing nuances, but I don't see how it can be better than the original.
The HD and the core main are what make alba good. The sub on original alba isn't all that useful in reality, as you won't be using it much if ever due to everything on him being pretty close quarters. The big difference between alba laza and normal alba is laza has more force on his missiles, while normal has more speed. I prefer laza because when it hits, that little bit of force makes quite a difference and can be just enough to get an air into a stunlock and have them drop.

The mines? Yeah. Pretty useless for many reasons. Should've just gave them a lockon and made them shoot straight and/or ACTUALLY BE MINES.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 4:15 pm

I did 2 rolls on robo gara 1.
1 Beam Gatling and 1 VL. I stopped there.
None of the silvers are useful for me, nor are the other weapons. Only thing left is Laza.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 5:40 pm

IncuSlave wrote:
Regular alba's subwep is inaccurate and unreliable, making it more useful for farming trees than anything else really.

I haven't put my Laza to use yet so I don't really know how effective the mines are, but they do shut off a very large area.
Back to top Go down
Malphes
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Malphes

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 6:07 pm

laza's sub can be useful for farming trees if you run right into a tree and use it

hits you for 2 damage each time though if you do it that close.
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 7:42 pm

Suguri wrote:
IncuSlave wrote:
Regular alba's subwep is inaccurate and unreliable, making it more useful for farming trees than anything else really.

I haven't put my Laza to use yet so I don't really know how effective the mines are, but they do shut off a very large area.

Sounds like Laza would be right up my alley, then.... Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What gara is worth it atm?   What gara is worth it atm? Empty

Back to top Go down

What gara is worth it atm?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next