Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Just began my life as a melee bot...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mikoto Misaka
Mikoto Misaka

Female Posts : 99

Just began my life as a melee bot... Empty
PostSubject: Just began my life as a melee bot...   Just began my life as a melee bot... EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 4:46 am

and so far I'm sucking at it (dramatic pause) I'm currently using ZSG+Kamui Staff but I can't melee properly I either pass through enemies or sometimes out of nowhere (another dramatic pause) so will you guys help me how to melee properly so I can finally enjoy what my RT's worth?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just began my life as a melee bot...   Just began my life as a melee bot... EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:00 am

I never used ZSG, so I wouldn't know.
But when I'm using Jikun or Byne, I usually targets large arts or mobs.
Passing through the enemy when meleeing is normal, you have to get used to turning the camera quickly to face the enemy when that happens. So that the next combo will go back to your enemy instead of you getting more far away. Kamui staff already has quite big range, so you shouldn't have that much difficulty in targeting.

Once you took care of your targeting, you'll have easier time hitting opponents. Just don't be too spam happy with combos and know when to stop.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Just began my life as a melee bot...   Just began my life as a melee bot... EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 5:09 am

The thing is you're focusing too much on maximizing your melee range. It's effective with some weapons but it don't go TOO far without proper practice.

If you want a starter recommendation, use a Beam Sword or Sonic Blade. They both have a high rate of stunning other LND bots in case you get locked into a melee fight.

Utilize Zero Step to make up for Beam Sword's poor movement range, it also boosts your damage which in turn gives a higher chance to stun the enemy. It helps.

(I'd write more but ima head home, just released from school lol)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just began my life as a melee bot...   Just began my life as a melee bot... Empty

Back to top Go down

Just began my life as a melee bot...
Page 1 of 1