Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anti-Ouka guides?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Takezo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Takezo

Male Posts : 15

Anti-Ouka guides? Empty
PostSubject: Anti-Ouka guides?   Anti-Ouka guides? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:56 pm

...With the exception of having all allies in the area spam that bruja with ranged weapons, does anybody have tips for facing the Ouka 1 on 1, at close range?

I'm using a Bazooka, Viper Shield, and Destructor HD - everything else is Red Squealer.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Anti-Ouka guides? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Ouka guides?   Anti-Ouka guides? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 9:59 pm

http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_fh_diary&target_c_diary_id=700&comment_count=0

^here, for anyone who ain't using AIR.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Anti-Ouka guides? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Ouka guides?   Anti-Ouka guides? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:02 pm

Not being on the ground is the simplest way to deal with Ouka. Unlike most melee bots, she can't chase you in the air due to her aerial melee dropping her to the ground. Typical land counters otherwise. Burners and beams.

If she still gives you trouble after that (or if the above is an impossibility for you), consider keeping a hurricane blast or fire blast on hand to force her to back off. In a 1v1 melee fight, the only time my Ouka's ever lost is to a Frau (though I've managed to beat a few bad ones with my lance-wielding C.S., and blown up in the faces of less terrible ones).

You could also try bumping up your TGH and punching her back, Ouka's base TGH isn't terribly high.
Back to top Go down
Takezo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Takezo

Anti-Ouka guides? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Ouka guides?   Anti-Ouka guides? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 10:23 pm

I meant suggestions for a melee fighter.

Maybe it's just my pride talking, but anything short of destroying an Ouka with melee weapons just doesn't satisfy.
Back to top Go down
Havok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Havok

Male Posts : 150

Anti-Ouka guides? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Ouka guides?   Anti-Ouka guides? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:24 pm

An melee based AIR unit may work well for you. (Hel, Frau, C.Saint etc.)

Also Bugsycait with a melee weapon of some sort, just disable her with shock shield and hack away.

Jinkun (Either one) Could work well if you outplay the Ouka, however I would not suggest a large bot since they make a bigger target. Large bots CAN work though you just need to get the first strike and keep her stunlocked but that's easier said then done.

Melee aside Boiledeck is actually not bad for taking her and other land types out, providing your a good shot with him. This goes double if there are hazards like water, lava etc. to push them into with his deck shot. Overall he makes a good artillery defender. (They generally ALL blast the land type when it gets shoved back)

His main flaw imo is he is not very good at playing offense.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

Anti-Ouka guides? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Ouka guides?   Anti-Ouka guides? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:52 pm

Takezo wrote:
I meant suggestions for a melee fighter.

Maybe it's just my pride talking, but anything short of destroying an Ouka with melee weapons just doesn't satisfy.

If you clicked the link you'd at least have two things to try out.

One being LazFlamme BS

Second being Spike/Dual Spike bits.

Boost run cartridge and Short Boost recommended.

You'll need something with a wide range, so try out Halberds and the super-rare Kamui Staff.

...Or a large Axe. I don't think it'll take you very far, but you can try an Axe.

Beam Swords are not really recommended but if the hit does connect you've got some good stun going.
Back to top Go down
Takezo
Newcomer
Newcomer
Takezo

Anti-Ouka guides? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Ouka guides?   Anti-Ouka guides? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:09 am

@Hyoka

Thanks.

I'll try some of those suggestions out and see which works best, though I'd really like to do what I can with my Squealer. At least until I get my own Ouka

I've been lucky so far - most of the Oukas in Union Wars have horrible timing with her katana. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anti-Ouka guides? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anti-Ouka guides?   Anti-Ouka guides? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anti-Ouka guides?
Page 1 of 1