Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CBUS 1st fan art contest

Go down 
+21
halcyon
Desu
Phobos12
zerkeros
Nisa
FrozenEdge
shinigami
MightyPeanut
Shance
Hyoka
Garmr
Wolf Hikari
Jello
BB
Feign
Havok
FreedomFighter
Ibuki
neoscream
CybermanX
NovaZero
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 4:09 pm

Let the GMs ask him for PSDs, or SAIs and stuff instead of the usual image files like .BMP, .JPEG, or whatever image he has on copy. If he doesn't have one, he's cake.

And you do know what cakes are.
Back to top Go down
http://rainbowsphere.oniichannoecchi.com
halcyon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
halcyon

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 5:17 pm

Well I already got my first piece in there. Now working on one of a Lily piece.

(damn its hard to find consistant official art of how Lily's chest piece and skirt looks, they're almost all different...)
Back to top Go down
Rei0079
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rei0079

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 5:46 pm

Wolf Hikari wrote:
MightyPeanut wrote:
Even funnier are people who say stuff like

"Personal Statement: I hate people who think I am faking in this contest I am trying my best dont be mean to me your jealous that I been uploading my drawings"

and then CONTINUE to post up pictures even though every single one has been pointed out to be stolen

I guess this person never accept the truth. And always wanna do things on his own. Plus with, lone-proud by himself.

Yah his/her name's Kgolley. I posted up in the head's up thread his latest fail was using Touhou Cirno fanart and Mari's Rune Caster subclass from Grand Chase...*facepalms*

more Kgolley fail:

He just posted Ciel from Rockman/Megaman Zero...
Back to top Go down
http://shinkakakumei.newgrounds.com/art/
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:30 pm

By the way, does anyone know how you'd credit resources in this contest? Like, if you used a texture of someone from DA, where would you put the credit reference? In the picture? xD; somehow I don't know if that'd be a good idea...

So yea, I ask my nub question >:
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Rei0079
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rei0079

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 6:41 pm

Yokura wrote:
By the way, does anyone know how you'd credit resources in this contest? Like, if you used a texture of someone from DA, where would you put the credit reference? In the picture? xD; somehow I don't know if that'd be a good idea...

So yea, I ask my nub question >:

As long you inform and credit the artist who made the texture it should be fine, just make sure you get their consent first. And if it's from Deviant Art, you definitely should. You don't wanna troll-rolled by the community there like what they did to Gene Simmons kid now would you?

EDIT:
In regards to crediting the texture source I suggest be upfront about it in your artwork description once you enter it. Put it on the side of your entry so it won't detract from the finished piece or write it up in your e-mail to CB Management acknowledging it.
Back to top Go down
MightyPeanut
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MightyPeanut

Male Posts : 289

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 7:52 pm

Things are heating up now as the general quality of submitted works is increasing (ie. leaving paint job stage). We still have people submitting official art though scratch
Back to top Go down
Rei0079
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rei0079

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:10 pm

MightyPeanut wrote:
Things are heating up now as the general quality of submitted works is increasing (ie. leaving paint job stage). We still have people submitting official art though scratch

Pity we still can't get Kgolley to stop spamming/trolling the boards with random mecha images from danbooru/4Ch which he claims are his works -_-
Back to top Go down
MightyPeanut
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
MightyPeanut

Male Posts : 289

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 8:19 pm

He's not even trying anymore. He's just in it for the attention which he so desperately wants
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 9:37 pm

MightyPeanut wrote:
He's not even trying anymore. He's just in it for the attention which he so desperately wants
I got the impression that this was the case from the beginning. It's not that he stopped trying, but he never was trying in the first place. Oh sure, he made a token effort to defend himself, but it was only for appearances.

Rule 1 of the internet, if it might be attention whoring... it probably is.
Back to top Go down
Rei0079
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rei0079

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 9:48 pm

Feign wrote:
MightyPeanut wrote:
I got the impression that this was the case from the beginning. It's not that he stopped trying, but he never was trying in the first place. Oh sure, he made a token effort to defend himself, but it was only for appearances.

Regardless, it's annoying and detracts from actually looking through and enjoy seeing new entries. If the GM's had warned him at the moment he was seen as a fraud/troll it would've saved a lot of grief.
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 1:35 am

halcyon wrote:
Well I already got my first piece in there. Now working on one of a Lily piece.

(damn its hard to find consistant official art of how Lily's chest piece and skirt looks, they're almost all different...)

Indeed.Use your imagination to work on that...

Makes your art more 'original'.
Back to top Go down
neoscream
neoscream

Male Posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 2:26 pm

Does any one know if artwork of characters inspired by Cosmic Break counts. Like a Needle Mog Girl.
Back to top Go down
http://neoscreams-log.blogspot.com/
superhbman
Newcomer
Newcomer
superhbman

Male Posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 3:17 pm

Would a non-coloured entry stand a chance for the prize?

One solid month to go. Good luck to everyone.
Back to top Go down
Rei0079
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rei0079

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 5:49 pm

neoscream wrote:
Does any one know if artwork of characters inspired by Cosmic Break counts. Like a Needle Mog Girl.

Yup, as long as it's CB related.

superhbman wrote:

If you mean just line work, it may not stand a chance with a lot of entries being colored pieces. But if you creatively use black and white that enhances the piece it might work.
Back to top Go down
Shance
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Shance

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 6:05 pm

Rei0079 wrote:
Feign wrote:
MightyPeanut wrote:

Regardless, it's annoying and detracts from actually looking through and enjoy seeing new entries. If the GM's had warned him at the moment he was seen as a fraud/troll it would've saved a lot of grief.

If ever, I think the GMs plan to actually do something AFTER the contest ends, which is the time they filter the works and see which ones are legit. Then again, that means us waiting and them doing more derping.
Back to top Go down
http://rainbowsphere.oniichannoecchi.com
Rei0079
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rei0079

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 6:32 pm

Shance wrote:
Rei0079 wrote:
Feign wrote:

If ever, I think the GMs plan to actually do something AFTER the contest ends, which is the time they filter the works and see which ones are legit. Then again, that means us waiting and them doing more derping.

Yeah, they're beginning to sound a lot like Nexon staff -_-
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 10:01 pm

superhbman wrote:

You may get the GM prize (since they said they're gonna give out alot) of 200Rt but not likely to get the 1st and 2nd prizes.
Back to top Go down
BB
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
BB

Male Posts : 110

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 12:23 am

Rei0079 wrote:
Shance wrote:
Rei0079 wrote:

Nexon staff isn't that bad and they are steadily improving.
Back to top Go down
Rei0079
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rei0079

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 1:18 am

BB wrote:
Rei0079 wrote:
Shance wrote:

Nexon staff isn't that bad and they are steadily improving.

Tell that to half my guild who still can't log on and have quit due to log in problems to this day (unfortunately half of them are from different parts of the world) or the missing 25k worth of NX creds that they still have to award me for doing those damn surveys.
Back to top Go down
superhbman
Newcomer
Newcomer
superhbman

Male Posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 1:10 pm

Thank you for the replies, Rei and shinigami. My collective questions have been answered. Surprised

Nexon *cough*.
Back to top Go down
neoscream
neoscream

Male Posts : 48

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks for the reply Rei I will continual working on working on my Needle Mog Girl then.
Back to top Go down
http://neoscreams-log.blogspot.com/
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 17, 2011 10:00 pm

I will not change my already negative opinion of Nexon unless they make DFO available outside of US.
Back to top Go down
saihamaru
saihamaru

Male Posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 2:25 am

um, guys... this is not a thread to talk about nexon's faults XD

correct me if i'm wrong, but when the winners have gotten their RT prize, the discount on RT garapons and RT bots would be over right?
well, that's.... unfortunate....
Back to top Go down
http://saihamaru.deviantart.com/
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 2:37 am

Yea, I noticed that ;________; It definitely makes sense but...... uwah. D:
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CBUS 1st fan art contest   CBUS 1st fan art contest - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

CBUS 1st fan art contest
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3