Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best way to use lilly rain?

Go down 
+10
Myzr
zammie
NumeroDoS
Suguri
Wolf Hikari
Ichijo
shinigami
FreedomFighter
Evilsmilez
CybermanX
14 posters
AuthorMessage
CybermanX

Male Posts : 29

Best way to use lilly rain? Empty
PostSubject: Best way to use lilly rain?   Best way to use lilly rain? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 11:48 am

I'm trying to make the most of my Lilly Rain unit but I need some direction. I hate carrying in heavy ART units because I end up being left alone guarding the power spot in some matches of inn a match without a spot I cant quite defend myself.

I find that Lilly Rain can be used for sniping due to high tech. But I'm wondering what would make a good anti air secondary.

Any other tips would be great.
Back to top Go down
Evilsmilez
Evilsmilez

Male Posts : 90

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use lilly rain?   Best way to use lilly rain? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:20 pm

Misside Arms are pretty nice (found in arcantus questing or lucky mish/battle drops)
Handy, Mini, or Micro Bazookas do well
In terms of sniping, I, personally, don't think Lily is the best for it. The best snipers are usually Supports, and long range arts, such as Sturbanger. Lily has good mobility, which is why she is valued so much. As a sniper, Lily lacks the proper tool set.
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use lilly rain?   Best way to use lilly rain? EmptyWed Jan 12, 2011 3:30 pm

Lily may not good at snipe but you can still run n gun around.
also Lily that hold Blast Bazookas or any Bazookas + Float Dash can mostly engage and kill Air Unit.

Lily size are small so you don't need to worry much about getting salvo by Shotgun and sometime
some people might don't think you're an Art.
Back to top Go down
shinigami
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
shinigami

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use lilly rain?   Best way to use lilly rain? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 6:20 am

Basicly I just equip her with two bazookas and spam those psy-guns (the main core weapon)

Use psy-slicers when Im afar from enemies and have locked on to 3 or 4 bots.

I tend to "manually short boost" lily (space > direction keys > land >space >direction keys etc.) since I don want to waste a cartridge on it.This somehow makes it easier to dogde attacks and hit enemies (esp air)

Fires all weapons once the moment the enemy lands/becomes idle. (Duh! lol! )

Im not pro.Just blabbering wt I think about my favourite bot Razz
Back to top Go down
Ichijo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Ichijo

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use lilly rain?   Best way to use lilly rain? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:45 am

Lily with high fly and float dash is fast. I used two handy bazookas, misside arms and her psyguns, or two armor breakers with range and speed for sniping.
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

Male Posts : 2985

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use lilly rain?   Best way to use lilly rain? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:12 am

My way...

1: AIM
2: RUNNING AROUND
3: USE ONLY HER "TRANCE SKIRT PHSYGUNS" TO SHOOT WHILE RUNNING
4: DODGES AND KEEP THE ENEMY CONFUSED ON WHERE I SUPPOSE TO BE GOING.

That is my way on using lily rain tough. (Actually Lily Flare...)
Back to top Go down
CybermanX

Male Posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use lilly rain?   Best way to use lilly rain? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:51 pm

Ichijo wrote:
Lily with high fly and float dash is fast. I used two handy bazookas, misside arms and her psyguns, or two armor breakers with range and speed for sniping.

Interesting...
Back to top Go down
Ichijo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Ichijo

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use lilly rain?   Best way to use lilly rain? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:12 pm

The first build needs mobile burst to work, as lily needs to never stop moving. The second build can do without it because tuned armor breakers have about 400 range, so you can shoot from a safe spot.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use lilly rain?   Best way to use lilly rain? EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 5:46 pm

Ichijo wrote:
This is the exact same thing I do with my Lily, except I also have a Build Arm BS and have only tried running one armor breaker on her. I'll have to try her with two, seems like it would prove effective.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use lilly rain?   Best way to use lilly rain? EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 6:29 am

I use Misside AMs + two Little Grenades on my Lily, since the -4 WLK and FLY that two Mini Bazookas bring kinda turns me off.

Will probably change once I get a hold of Micro/Handy Bazookas.
Back to top Go down
zammie
Newcomer
Newcomer
zammie

Male Posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use lilly rain?   Best way to use lilly rain? EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:48 am

My friend and I had a debate about how to best use her.

He said that i needed range and to generally stay far away from anything, 'cause they kill you if they get close.

i don't disagree with that, but having too long a range is the same as being alone in some situations, and that's where i get killed more embarrassingly.

My side is that damage is a better idea since i use lily's core if i ever want ranged attacks. besides, if i want to stay alive a bit longer, i can just sidle up near a bigger art(think destructors)and fire all. i can run if i take big-ish damage and the bigger bot has to take whatever he can't run away from.

So we had a duel to decide(i know, duels aren't the best way to play. he just really insisted.)and i'm happy to say that my lily rain can beat off both his maril march and shino exroad in one life(that last one was 'cause he thought it was a good idea to rush a hypershot art type lol! and of course whatever air unit he could throw at me in later duels

so to sum up, stay at range, get a beam rifle or armor breaker if you feel safer alone

or take to bazookas and sit beside a destructor. he'll be the easier target and your meat shield.

or a compromise between both, which is buy a grenade launcher. it's technically an explosive(ish), with good range, and setting overconfident land and air types on fire is satisfying. good luck!
Back to top Go down
Myzr
Myzr

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use lilly rain?   Best way to use lilly rain? EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 4:06 am

Just seen a lily today with 2 blast zookas, high fly tune maybe around 30+ pwning the shit outta all the airs with mobile burst so maybe you wanna try that if you got some rt, or just any zookas
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use lilly rain?   Best way to use lilly rain? EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 4:25 am

Myzr wrote:
Just seen a lily today with 2 blast zookas, high fly tune maybe around 30+ pwning the shit outta all the airs with mobile burst so maybe you wanna try that if you got some rt, or just any zookas
Peanut/Taetae?
Back to top Go down
Myzr
Myzr

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use lilly rain?   Best way to use lilly rain? EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 4:26 am

Nisa wrote:
Myzr wrote:
Peanut/Taetae?

Nah pudding >_>
Back to top Go down
Puddin'
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Puddin'

Female Posts : 345

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use lilly rain?   Best way to use lilly rain? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 5:28 am

Myzr wrote:
Nisa wrote:
Myzr wrote:
Peanut/Taetae?

Nah pudding >_>

I have 1 blast and 1 handy bazooka.
Back to top Go down
saihamaru
saihamaru

Male Posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use lilly rain?   Best way to use lilly rain? EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:08 am

right now handy/blast bazoo are out of my reach T__T
so i focused my lily on FLY

without tuning at all, i can reach 22 FLY
i am using 2 wing AMJ, and 2 little grenade
oh and a mini crim for cap increase

as for my play style
fly around all the time, i never thought my lily as an ART unit, but as AIR unit with ART weapons
always attack from high altitude
when low on HP, fall back a little, get a good range and fire grenades in a curve (that's what i like from little grenade, the grenade is curving nicely at long range)

the point is, never stop flying, and don't use burst fire too often
especially when you're against lots of melee attackers... idle lily is a dead lily
Back to top Go down
http://saihamaru.deviantart.com/
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use lilly rain?   Best way to use lilly rain? EmptyTue Jan 18, 2011 1:14 am

Best way to use lilly rain? Gamersleep
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best way to use lilly rain?   Best way to use lilly rain? Empty

Back to top Go down

Best way to use lilly rain?
Page 1 of 1