Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!

Go down 
+10
Gigaknight
Desu
Feign
NovaZero
Vallyel
utok
Hyoka
FreedomFighter
Neko
ChaosOmni
14 posters
AuthorMessage
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

Male Posts : 254

Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 12:56 am

Alright, so we have been hearing a lot of negativity and I think it's time to show another potential view that we can chose to accept to attempt to enjoy this game as best we can:

1) Stop thinking that we are purchase Rt, despite the wording clearing making it out as if we are buying Rt. We DONATE money to keep the servers up, and in return we get Rt in thanks, which gives us access to special bots.

2) Do not dismay about the UC -> Rt converter or free handouts. While it does give everyone access to Rt bots, the key factor is how quickly they get that Rt and how long it takes them to obtain what they want. After all, we had access to everything for 4 months worth of Open Betas, and apparently everyone feels that there are skills to be proved in this game, and thus that anyone with said skills can rock the socks off even the biggest spenders.

(Nobody seems to care about their purchased bots meaning anything, and think it is entirely alright if someone uses the same OP builds they payed money for, against them, without paying any money to obtain them, and allow the chance for them to be smack talked to by freeloaders thinking they have skills (really, I think that talk is full of ___, you're all wasting your life on games which get you nowhere further in life, just like me Wink ), so because everyone is alright with it, I guess it is entirely alright to allow it? Those who can't buy Rt, typically do not care that those who can buy Rt can have their $ actually mean something in this "imbalanced" game, and are jealous of people with those exclusive items, which is why I at first didn't care for the converter. Yet, it seems the advantage is it means more people will at least be around to play against, thus the freeloaders actually serve a role in that the game would be otherwise vacant and hard to find people to play against if they were not there. Ain't that f'ed up for a game that needs $ to keep the servers open and content coming? lol)

3) See buying Rt as a way to obtain what we want quicker, whilst still supporting the continued hosting of the game and paying of staff salaries, especially when it comes to limited run Garapon bots, which require gratuitous amounts of Rt or sheer luck to obtain, or if we want those exclusve purchase items for those who drop big bucks into the game at one time. (really they need to fix it so if you accumulate $200 worth of Rt purchase you obtain the current incentive item for that month, but only if you have that much actual purchase transactions)

4) Understand that no matter if we pay for Rt or not, all we will ever be doing in this game is talking to one another about our other interests and painting/building new "interesting" designs until we run out of creativity and realize the entire game is a constant grind and arena play is really boring, trolling people, cracking jokes, etc.

So yeah, let's face it... that's how we're gonna have to see things to even attempt to enjoy the game with all the negative points thrown around. It's a temporary enjoyment until we grow bored of it and move on, unless the people we meet keep us here.

We'll be lucky:

If they ever fix the union wars imbalance with shuffle rooms (removing cosmic points from shuffle rooms)...

If they ever revamp Rt part purchase/sales so they actually make sense...

If they ever make the Bazar actually have a point, or revamp the idea into a parts trade...

If they ever realize tune materials and the tune system is set up very harshly in ways that can put-off interest in the game...

If they ever balance out the bots that are broken to those that flat out suck (both their availability, stats, etc)...

If they ever allow us to set up 1-on-1 and team vs team part wars (idea from AirGear)...

If they ever get rid of the blue balls of tune materials from Rt Garapons and Rt tune material sets from ITEM section in the shop (because you can farm for that stuff easily)...

If they ever release a 3 slotted version of Heligal and a few other bots (I highly doubt they are in the Lucky Cubes, in the list of parts that can drop, or will ever be considered, but they should)...

But,

We gotta give them some time to get their ---- straight before we lose all hope in them and decide to move on to other games distractions from reality.

Just sharing a viewpoint.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Neko

Female Posts : 91

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:00 am

This is a horrendously optimistic viewpoint, but okay.
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:04 am

some people want something that use Rt to purchase but they don't want to paid for it so they start to troll
but in my opinion some of Rt price maybe ridiculous high? and they should lower Lv5 8 Remover price of UC down Neutral

also...i think they should remain limited bot for UC since they didn't got any slot for tune-up.

but anyway even without UC you can still rock in this game if you know what you're doing.

some people get paranoid when saw Rt bot, plus if controlled by high rank / pro player, they start to
run away, getting coward without try to fight.

i didn't own any Rt and fancy bot and still got top 10 in most of game.
stop blame me that i use some kind of cheat.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:06 am

You know what Cyberstep reminds me of?

Alaplaya.
Back to top Go down
utok
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
utok

Male Posts : 300

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:07 am

ChaosOmni wrote:

We'll be lucky:

If they ever fix the union wars imbalance with shuffle rooms (removing cosmic points from shuffle rooms)...

If they ever make the Bazar actually have a point, or revamp the idea into a parts trade...

If they ever realize tune materials and the tune system is set up very harshly in ways that can put-off interest in the game...

If they ever balance out the bots that are broken to those that flat out suck (both their availability, stats, etc)...

If they ever allow us to set up 1-on-1 and team vs team part wars (idea from AirGear)...

If they ever get rid of the blue balls of tune materials from Rt Garapons and Rt tune material sets from ITEM section in the shop (because you can farm for that stuff easily)...

If they ever release a 3 slotted version of Heligal and a few other bots (I highly doubt they are in the Lucky Cubes, in the list of parts that can drop, or will ever be considered, but they should)...

Good luck on that. I'll bet my free 10Rt that it won't happen.
Back to top Go down
Neko
Neko

Female Posts : 91

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:21 am

FreedomFighter wrote:

but in my opinion some of Rt price maybe ridiculous high? and they should lower Lv5 8 Remover price of UC down Neutral
I agree with this. Compared to other online games, the price for cash items and what you receive in return is pretty unreasonable, even if it's just considered donating.
Back to top Go down
Vallyel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Vallyel

Male Posts : 324

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:26 am

Hyoka wrote:

Alaplaya.

seconded
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:27 am

Quote :
Tell me. What's your idea of a reasonable Rt price?
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:30 am

ChaosOmni wrote:
If they ever fix the union wars imbalance with shuffle rooms (removing cosmic points from shuffle rooms)...-Maybe

If they ever revamp Rt part purchase/sales so they actually make sense...-No

If they ever make the Bazar actually have a point, or revamp the idea into a parts trade...-No

If they ever realize tune materials and the tune system is set up very harshly in ways that can put-off interest in the game...-No

If they ever balance out the bots that are broken to those that flat out suck (both their availability, stats, etc)...-No

If they ever allow us to set up 1-on-1 and team vs team part wars (idea from AirGear)...-Yes

If they ever get rid of the blue balls of tune materials from Rt Garapons and Rt tune material sets from ITEM section in the shop (because you can farm for that stuff easily)...-No

If they ever release a 3 slotted version of Heligal and a few other bots (I highly doubt they are in the Lucky Cubes, in the list of parts that can drop, or will ever be considered, but they should)... -No
Point 1: Tempura has talked several times about them looking into ways to balance out the unions, though no solid ideas for just how they'd do it have been put out.

Point 6: As of Jan 06, after the update, the Union Wars will have a minimum startup of two players, one per side... So you can have a full Union War room up that is a 1v1 battle, though others would likely join in quickly.

The others are just a flat no, though the inclusion of Brickgale Red and Blue in the shop (even if they are for Rt) gives me hope that other iconic Garapon robots will move to the shop (no, not Ivis, Ouka or LR Eve... Just... No.). Another intriguing point is that Ouka Daioh is going to be a separate bot in the Ouka Garapon rather than (or in addition to) a promotion item (offhand, I'd assume she has the stats of a level 8 Ouka that got promoted)... This gives hope for a more easily obtainable Lily Rain Eve promotion item rather than having to get the separate bot in the Garapon (though this would require them to come up with different stats for the level 8, 9, and 10 Lily Rains that get promoted).

Optimism is good, hold onto it, it makes your tears all the sweeter when they finally come. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
FreedomFighter
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FreedomFighter

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 1:35 am

Neko wrote:
FreedomFighter wrote:

I agree with this. Compared to other online games, the price for cash items and what you receive in return is pretty unreasonable, even if it's just considered donating.

yes but sadly i never saw price in any game got reduce after they set it since it will made unfair to early buyer.
or they need to return some of Rt to those who buy early.

if price keep high like this, i demand for UC > Rt converter and Rt winning price in Gara.
Back to top Go down
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

Male Posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:47 am

Feign wrote:
Optimism is good, hold onto it, it makes your tears all the sweeter when they finally come. Twisted Evil

I used to play the Armored Core titles. I've shed all my tears of disappointments already with a title that continuously screwed over the PvP aspect of a game with horrendously crappy game balance and broken dynamics, and never got official online support from SONY to have online servers (when it was a PS2 series), when everyone in JP could link up through the internet for PvP. Each game brought new changes that simply tossed around what was more broken.

I've learned that about 90% of the games out there prove that there are -very few- companies out there that have any comprehension of game theory or balanced game dynamics, and that they do not deserve the extravagant prices they wish to charge for their titles.

My biggest example: The Elder Scrolls Series. Great concepts, but the lazy f----s have one of the most glitchy game engines ever, and the survival of the game is ENTIRELY thanks to the community who actually MOD the game in attempts to actually make it into a half decent title. Oddly enough people rave about it being awesome. If not for the mod community, everyone would have realized how much they suck as a company and ditched them long ago.

(RANT: I give them props for having made a HUGE story game with an interesting and innovative system for its time, but when your game is entirely ruined and can't be completed because the game is glitched to high hell, that really hurts your reputation, and exactly what happened when players got the XBOX versions of their games. They had to mod their consoles, risking the chance of ruining a $300~$500 console all because of anti-piracy and hack systems that exist in the console... just to enjoy these games as they were intended to.)

Hyoka wrote:

Alaplaya.

They remind me of FROM SOFTWARE personally, because of the fact that the game is a TPS/FPS customizable mecha shooter that suffers similar flaws every time it adds new content without ensuring said content won't make or break the PvP game balance, or effect something else about the gameplay negatively.

But when I think of reality, I realize one shouldn't expect a person built like a twig to beat the crap out of a person built like a brick wall, so in a way it sucks to admit OP enemies are a realistic part of life. It's a who strikes first and harder mentality, or he who is weakest falls first.

In a way it's the only reason I'm happy to know Ouka, Ivis, EVE, and Renny will all likely be Rt Garapon when they appear, same with the Card Arm Domiclown being Rt Garapon. It makes sense as far as balance. The less accessible they are, the more balanced the gameplay. It is easier to convince one person that the use of these bots are boring and unfair than it is to convince 1/3rd of the population to not use them if they were so easily obtainable.

My 5th point of what we'd be lucky to see was more in terms of why some Rt bots are Rt and some UC bots are UC, when they could have reversed the positions a little more.

There are only a few I have concern about in general. I'm not sure why Ghost Raider has to be Rt, or why Destructor, who is the most easy to spam and rack up points bot in the UC lineup... is not for the price of Ghost Raider in Rt.

Destructor is a VERY viable bot, and the availability of him is astounding. Though, I'm not sure if that swap would seem reasonable to anyone else or not. Still debating it myself. Yet, I still don't see why Ghost Raider is Rt.

Last edited by ChaosOmni on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptyThu Jan 06, 2011 2:59 am

ChaosOmni wrote:
My 5th point of what we'd be lucky to see was more in terms of why some Rt bots are Rt and some UC bots are UC, when they could have reversed the positions a little more.

There are only a few I have concern about in general. I'm not sure why Ghost Raider has to be Rt, or why Destructor, who is the most easy to spam and rack up points bot in the UC lineup... is not for the price of Ghost Raider in Rt.
That is what I'm annoyed about the most: why some bots are Rt.

Crim and Laz is Rt, yet their stats stink to high hell. Heck, Crim's even UC in CBJP. I didn't understand why they had to make Crim Rt and why Laz is Rt despite being crap. I think I've even heard of some people wanting a stronger promoted Laz back when we heard confirmed news of Lily getting a powerup.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 11:32 am

Cosmic break imo needs a titling system.
Like if you earn destroyer 50 times you get that next to your name,
And maybe a small buff with it too.
Like +2 str and tech.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Gigaknight
Newcomer
Newcomer
Gigaknight

Male Posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 4:18 pm

NovaZero wrote:
ChaosOmni wrote:

Crim and Laz is Rt, yet their stats stink to high hell. Heck, Crim's even UC in CBJP. I didn't understand why they had to make Crim Rt and why Laz is Rt despite being crap. I think I've even heard of some people wanting a stronger promoted Laz back when we heard confirmed news of Lily getting a powerup.
I always figured that the reason for Laz being Rt is that she is human--and a moe female human, at that.

The same goes for any other moe character. A substantial amount of their appeal probably comes from that appearance trait, like the fangirls--if not their stats and abilities, like LazFlamme (to my dismay and displeasure, BTW).
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Desu wrote:
Like +2 str and tech.
My god, that would rock so hard... They'd have to bring back Chicken and duck for that though. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Bloodbane

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 4:50 pm

NovaZero wrote:
ChaosOmni wrote:

Crim's not really Rt; her slotted version is. Whenever this limited time sale ends (if it ever does), then you'll be able to get Crim for UC just like you can get her now, but you'll have to be a slightly higher rank to do so.

BTW, no point in getting a slotted crim, Seraph has multiple (I think it's 3 but don't quote me on that) slots on all her parts.
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptySat Jan 08, 2011 5:13 pm

Desu wrote:
Like +2 str and tech.

=]

Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! 133143d1252671957-evora-racecar-house-do-want_thumbnail
Back to top Go down
Zwei
Newcomer
Newcomer
Zwei

Female Posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 11:47 am

Hyoka wrote:

Alaplaya.

But S4 League is a great game and in my opinion pretty balanced. Sure there is an AP tank that comes once in a while, but nothing a Railgun shot to the head that it can't take care of. I think the only way to make this game balanced is to make all the robots and parts available and make parts that are stronger than their normal counter parts Rt.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptySun Jan 09, 2011 9:02 pm

But S4 League is full of hackers ._. and laggers... seriously 190 Hits from a +5 Counter Sword... Did not die at all. D; (Non-Chaser)
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:04 pm

FullThrottle wrote:
Desu wrote:
Like +2 str and tech.
Spoiler:

Note also that if you suck tremendously or are too damn good,
You'll also have a debuff on you~
Maybe like a 10% decrease on agility and harder turning capabilities.
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!   Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO! Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to Cosmic Break - The first Messaging Client with built in MMO!
Page 1 of 1