Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes Empty
PostSubject: CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes   CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 3:00 am

Hello again.

As many might have known, I do not intend to update CosmiCalc any further as a proper rewrite from scratch would probably be better for long term maintenance.
I actually thought about going over the stats from CBUNI once but I immediately gave up. They really did change almost all the stats.

Though for the currently ongoing CBUNI beta, I have implemented some small changes so people can still use it as a makeshift simulator. I felt the slight need for it as well so I will probably use it myself.

If updating the entire thing by myself was too hard, I will just let you, the users, update what you want to use instead.
I added an edit button to the part description area. Hovering the part to get what you want in the lower right might be a bit annoying. Well at least it is usable. Razz
I am open to suggestions for improvements on that issue.

CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes C6f84dec72

When you click edit, a window will show up with the data of that part in strict JSON.

CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes Eea199076f

Here you can edit the data of that selected part.
Be warned, changing the ID might break things, though this should be able to fulfill any basic needs to update part stats on your own.
Those who have already tried to work with the data on CosmiCalc should be very familiar with these lines of text,
but for most people who might need help on how to understand this data structure, the long-dead wiki on my repository (https://github.com/blead/cosmiccalc/wiki/) might help.
Feel free to ask me directly also.
I will try to update the wiki so that it at least contains all the basics.

Clicking "Apply" will save the changes you have made and reload the current assembly. Your changes will be reflected immediately.
These changes are also saved to your browser's local storage so they will still be there the next time you open the website. (Might need permissions if you turned it off).

Clicking "Reset" will replace the text with the original part data in strict JSON. Clicking "Apply" afterwards will then apply it to the assembly.

Now I have the adjusted Zero Saber NEXT BD from CBUNI.

CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes Afadadda8d

Adding new parts is not really supported yet but you can probably pick a sacrificial part to override for now, or simply ask me to just add that part to the data.

I might make some more changes later to make this a slightly better experience overall.
Some ideas I have right now: editing/resetting all the changes ever made instead of per-part, sharing edits via some lines of text.

So as usual, the website is here: https://blead.github.io/cosmiccalc/
I am moving off appspot now that hosting static on GitHub is much easier. I hope you understand that.

I hope this helps you in your CBUNI experience. Please report any bugs/annoyances you find. I am open to suggestions if they aren't too hard to do.

Looking forward, I would also like to take this opportunity to ask some questions:
- For those with RE knowledge, is there any feasible way to automate getting stats in structured forms directly from the client/server so we don't have to type them in by ourselves?
- I have seen some efforts being made to create a new simulator for CBUNI. That is awesome. Please let me know if you need any help (though I don't know how much help I could even offer). I am interested in collaborating if I have the time and knowledge.

tl;dr
I added stats editing in CosmiCalc.
Check it out here: https://blead.github.io/cosmiccalc/
Have fun.

Edit: Oh yeah I forgot to mention. I also updated all the tunes to reflect CBUNI. All your EX/Capa/Revenge tunes are dead. Razz

rei_hunter, Courius, necrodrakath, VeryMelon and Lyoh like this post

Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

PostSubject: Re: CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes   CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 1:52 pm

Very nice, thanks for your work.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes   CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 9:03 pm

Thanks so much, Keiko
Back to top Go down
Lyoh
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes   CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes EmptySat Jan 23, 2021 11:44 pm

Is there any application that "closes" the curly brackets (with colors maybe?) to make it easier to edit?
Sorry if it's a dumb question, I know absolutely nothing about coding, but somehow i managed to make Natascha and Aquila Girl identical to what we have in game.

And I have a suggestion... Would it be possible to code a "free" version of CosmicCalc, without all the locks we have now? That way it would be possible to input part names and stats manually through a HUD, instead of by coding.
I think that would mean ditching the current database, but would be a quick solution (again, i know nothing about coding) to the situation we have right now, without needing to recheck all the current numbers.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes   CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 8:32 am

Lyoh wrote:
Is there any application that "closes" the curly brackets (with colors maybe?) to make it easier to edit?

It might be better to copy the text out to your own preferred text editor and edit that way. I might try and see if I can slap some syntax highlight or text editor lib on it.
Some personal recommendations would be Visual Studio Code or maybe Notepad++.

Lyoh wrote:
And I have a suggestion... Would it be possible to code a "free" version of CosmicCalc, without all the locks we have now? That way it would be possible to input part names and stats manually through a HUD, instead of by coding.

That's the ideal scenario. if I ever get to code a new simulator I will definitely include it as a planned feature.
Though it would take too much time and effort for me to do right now.
Instead I went with the alternative solution of implementing editing feature on the existing CosmiCalc so people can still use it to at least plan builds during this beta.

It won't help you much with picking parts of course unless you go over and update everything yourself, but it will definitely help with carts/tunes planning which in my opinion requires more of your time and resources to work with.

Lyoh likes this post

Back to top Go down
RedSawn
10 10 100
10 10 100

PostSubject: Re: CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes   CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes EmptySun Jan 24, 2021 8:47 am

Nice. Should make planning a bit easier.
Thought you should know though, Great Run Alpha currently gives -10 FLY. Figured that can't be edited.
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes   CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes EmptyMon Jan 25, 2021 10:33 am

RedSawn wrote:
Thought you should know though, Great Run Alpha currently gives -10 FLY. Figured that can't be edited.

Fixed. Thanks for reporting. Razz
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

PostSubject: Re: CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes   CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes EmptySat Apr 17, 2021 6:52 am

Hello again.

After playing a bit of beta, CBU turned out to be the same old disappointment for me personally. As expected I guess.

That aside, someone recently brought up an interesting issue with capacity cartridges in some new bots having capacity values not existing before.

Fortunately, I found the fix quite easy to implement so I went ahead and added a new cartridge, "Capacity (Custom)". Its id is 54 for those who want to edit it into their builds.

If any of this doesn't work for you, try force refreshing/clearing cache in your browser.

This new cartridge works slightly differently from before. To be able to handle any weird capacity values they might add in the future I just made it a wildcard so that you can change the capacity value via another parameter, capaup. Pretty much like hpup, you can change the value and this specific cartridge will be changed accordingly.

Here is an example. Let's say I want to make this Pawnger BD have only Capacity +69 cartridges. I can edit the cartridge object like this.

Code:
{
    "id": "LS2",
    "name": "Pawnger BD",
    "cost": 90,
    "capa": 265,
    "hp": 95,
    "str": 7,
    "tec": 3,
    "wlk": 7,
    "fly": 3,
    "tgh": 8,
    "wbid": 6,
    "cartridge": {
        "hpup": 25,
        "capaup": 69,
        "lv1": "54*7@25"
    }
}

Then we get this as a result.

CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes 87524e0dd1

Note that only this new cartridge (id: 54) works with the new capaup value so this doesn't break any existing builds.

Enjoy.

VeryMelon likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes   CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes Empty

Back to top Go down

CosmiCalc: Some Small Changes
Page 1 of 1