Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs)

Go down 
+4
RaverX
Isdelft
Relict?
Paruru
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Paruru

Male Posts : 105

Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs) Empty
PostSubject: Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs)   Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 12:58 am

I'm sorry for the constant threads, though I found myself being gifted 320 Rt by a friend without me realizing it and him spending it all rolling angel gara on my account. The result was a Buff Devastator, Acht Sieben WT, Istina Bullet, and two Aquila Girls, among other things that apparently aren't very useful (Orphenous and like 3 psycho cluster neo) or I have no immediate use for (Growlian A). I have an idea about a few of them, but I have a few questions regarding just how usable they can be as they're all pretty much older bots.

-Aquila girl was extremely OP when I last played back in the Sugoi Gara era, but nowadays she seems very underwhelming. Is this school variant worth using? I had thought of giving her two rapid pulse missile guns or something and making her an alpha bot, but is she even properly usable these days? Also, are there any differences other than looks between her and her old sugoi gara variant? And are there any differences at all between her schoolgirl mode and her succubus form?

-Istina has me stumped. On paper, all of her attacks seem pretty good, but I haven't seen anyone using istina at all recently. I know she's a sniper like Rinka, which has me a bit nervous. Is she even usable these days with everything zooming around? Out of everything I got she's the one I'm least sure on what exactly to do with...

-Is the Acht Sieben WT any good? It seems like a traditional railgun platform Art to me, which I'm not sure if it's even viable anymore or not, thanks to the alpha art meta. Any thoughts on him would be appreciated.

-Buff dev I know the basic gist of. Basically, shit bubbles everywhere and shoot long-range missiles with 40 tec, but I'm not sure about his other parts. Should I farm arcantus for a volt gen BS? I didn't get mediger sign, which means I can't put his arms on buff dev.. should I just tune a large bazooka on it or something? I mean, I know how to play him, I just don't know which parts I should try to get to put on him, and I lack many good sup parts at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs)   Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 1:37 am

If it's not EO Aquila Girl, it's not worth.

>haven't seen Istinia
There's so many people out there running her, so that's false. She's still good. I'd rather make her a single weapon air with her tail as a side weapon, but stock is easier to build, probably.

Depends if you want to be reliant on team or not.

Last edited by Relict? on Thu Sep 24, 2015 11:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Isdelft
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Isdelft

PostSubject: Re: Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs)   Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 4:19 am

well yes , AchtSieben is just a typical railgunner

if you not good with charge weapons , i suggest you to dont do anything with it

since it cant damage race with those alphag

but the parts have a good stats , you can make use of them later

istina have a lot of base stats , so you can slap a random tuned thing and she become playable :v

and for buff devs , IMHO you need to pump tgh and hp for longer life

and sometimes you gotta become meatshield for your teammates , like that animacks >:V
Back to top Go down
RaverX
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RaverX

Male Posts : 1047

PostSubject: Re: Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs)   Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 5:18 am

Istina is really good as long as you constantly keep moving around instead of being an idiot and camp 1 spot the for 1/2 the time......

I use to score really well with a poorly tuned 1,
Back to top Go down
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Paruru

PostSubject: Re: Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs)   Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 10:51 am

Why must all the bots I like be considered "not worth it" in today's meta? ; A;

AG will be fun to skin, at least.

And okay, I have actually seen people using Istina, it's just that no one has been using her well. I've run into people who literally just sit there in mid-air shooting things and letting me literally stand on a cliff right next to them and shoot them to death without them doing anything. There was just one Istina I saw some time ago that would fly around enemy spawn using her tail and another weapon and would always score really well, but I haven't seen that player anymore since the last arena campaign. I also lack many good weapons for air types, sadly, all I could toss on her would be a Plasma Beam Cannon, Rapid Pulse Missile, Crystal Beam Gun, Beam Pump Bazooka, Mega Lightning Gun or Swallow Beam Gun Mod...

As for buff dev, I'd rather not have to rely on my team as teamwork in CB is extremely rare. I'll be healing people with my bubbles of course, and maybe healing bits, though I'd like to figure out a way to play it without being entirely reliant on my team keeping me safe, if that's even possible with a buff dev with limited access to parts.
Back to top Go down
PinTek
PinTek

Male Posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs)   Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 11:28 am

Don't own a achtseiben wt but imagine its similar to EL variant just with a normal railgun so you'll just want to watch your feild positioning don't go to close to the front an provide firesupport and max that things tec an wlk. Would guess get also get all the internal weapon upgrades to an you'll be fine. Doubt its op but if its anything like playing the EL its rewarding in its own regaurds.

Instinia from being on the recieving end of her attacks looks rather solid just don't stay put to long in one place, which is a proper rule for true snipers you fire reposition an fire again. She seams to hit hard but thats just me.

buff try to use as many high tgh parts as you can on him and a decent main wep (some go with Lbaz i got with bt baz mod) tgh is the biggest thing as you can waste bubble ammo if you get stunned >_< found sheild helps some or if you have a giganberg collecting dust make a buff berg mutan hybrid of bullet spunging
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs)   Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 11:44 am

Mega Lightning Gun or her own rifle are fine choices.
Back to top Go down
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Paruru

PostSubject: Re: Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs)   Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 12:15 pm

After messing around with her a bit, Istina's oddly fun. She's too easy when your team's already winning the fight but there's something oddly thrilling about taking a few shots, repositioning with accele roll/tail flare and using the boost steal weapon to cover your retreat. So far she's not given me any significant score but I enjoy her gameplay, even if I'm just an annoyance most of the time.

Also, can anyone confirm if the parts are still dropping in arcantus/arena? I want to try my hand at farming for a volt gen BS for buff deva.

Diabolical wrote:
Mega Lightning Gun or her own rifle are fine choices.

I may try replacing her rifle with a mega lightning gun in the future and see how that goes, but since I see you're here, teach me the secrets of Acht Sieben WT plz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs)   Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 12:23 pm

WT can be tricky. His railgun is a Linear Cannon type, so you need to be damn good at aiming because of that tiny projectile. But if you can aim his railgun, you would be better off using an actual Linear Cannon.
WLK based is slow, but it's much easier to aim a railgun when running because there's no lean, unless you take Boost Run. FLY has much superior mobility, but because of the lean you'll find it tougher to fire while flying because of the lean. Standing still while firing and flying to reposition yourself would be the best choice if going for FLY.
Back to top Go down
udon-GE
[Donator]
[Donator]
udon-GE

PostSubject: Re: Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs)   Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 12:30 pm

those parts drop expected to be extended till first week of November because cbjp extend it till 22 oct.
Back to top Go down
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Paruru

PostSubject: Re: Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs)   Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2015 1:02 pm

From the looks of it, it seems the only usable things I've gotten out of this were Istina and Buff Dev. At least it's new stuff and it's not like I lost anything so yay. I'll probably spend today smacking stuff in arcantus with my Eris and hoping I get that BS. Good thing I have like 80 x2/x3 drop tickets.

Thanks for the replies, I'll be focusing on these two in the future, just one question: Would buff deva with a large baz and volt gen bs be better off with 35 wlk + boost run or a fly-based build instead with short boost and accele roll? And would just G.rapid/Force be good tunes for Istina's boost steal?
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs)   Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs) EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 11:38 am

Aren't there legs that remove the lean?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs)   Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs) EmptyFri Sep 25, 2015 8:25 pm

Halexander wrote:
Aren't there legs that remove the lean?
Pacifar LG is AIR only.
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs)   Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs) EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 10:51 am

was that the only one? I though there were a few more, never really kept track tho.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs)   Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs) EmptyMon Sep 28, 2015 12:49 pm

that's the only LG i remember that does it. There are certain cores that automatically don't lean but there weren't any parts that did aside from the pacifar LG. I think people stopped looking at that so there may be more that have been added.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs)   Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs) Empty

Back to top Go down

Even more questions... (Angel gara stuffs)
Page 1 of 1