Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up.

Go down 
+2
+RedCobra+
Paruru
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Paruru

Male Posts : 105

I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up. Empty
PostSubject: I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up.   I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 9:41 am

Hello everyone, I'm just a random nobody who was sane enough to quit playing CB shortly after the Sugoi gara came out and instead of spending hundreds trying to get the sugoi girls, I went and did something more productive with my life. Thing is, my life as of late has been boring as all hell and my sanity's also gone to hell, so I decided I'd come back and try out the new things that have been added to CB, as a result though I am absolutely lost about pretty much everything!

I've spent the last few days reading up on guides and posts and I more or less have a glimpse of what has been going on, a friend also has been playing on my account since I quit and apparently he's gotten me a couple fairly recent bots, none of which I have any actual idea what to even do with. I'd appreciate some help with the following!

• I have a general overview of todays meta, but is there any possibility for a player to adapt to it and score well in arena without having to resort to broken/OP/Homura bots?

• Is putting a boost drive on an air type a good idea or should I armor drive everything?

• Is there any way to farm core tune materials other than spamming arena 24/7?

• Legion orders aside, is the arena card campaign the only way to get gara tickets?

Also a couple questions regarding some of the bots that this guy got on my account in my absence.

• Are Theiamillis, Alcy Rivette (gara ver.), Icy GL, EX Laz, Kagura (original), Sylvia Paladin, Eris, Lumiera and Justicia still any good? I've read people claiming Theia's no-brain autoplay OP and people still seem to really hate Eris even though from what I've seen there's billions of things that do her job way better than she does. I'd just like some honest thoughts on these bots as they're pretty much what I have, outside of mechas (Though I'm still figuring out the list on that one. I'll go through the list of parts when I get home later.). I want to know what to put resources towards before I go mad farming for random junk.

• If gara Alcy's still any good in today's meta, which zero route would be better? S.COSMOS or G.COSMOS?

• Should I invest 100 Rt in getting an Illumis for her AMJs? I have 260 Rt floating around for some reason and I doubt I'll get anything out of gara with that.

Finally, I'm a bit torn with the new bots. I know that you can get one of the two for free by doing the arena campaign but I'm not sure which one to go for. I've been looking around and it seems that neither of them are really any good in today's meta. Nebel doesn't seem to have that much going for her that Theia/Alcy can't cover (Feel free to correct me) and Colleti seems to just be a subpar alpha art with sucky damage against anything that is not an air (Again, feel free to correct me). Is either of them usable at all to good effect in today's meta without me having to hunt down/farm gara weapons, or should I just pick whichever looks better and have her just for collection's sake?

Sorry this post's so long, but that's about everything I can think of right now. Any help and advice is greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
+RedCobra+
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
+RedCobra+

Male Posts : 1440

PostSubject: Re: I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up.   I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:14 am

lol, you miss alot freebies, C$ generously give free rolls with tiket today if you look the past card event update.

1. getting good without homura / op bot = yes you can, shop also updated with illumis, dark jikun hu, chloe, luto, miruru miu and haruka for basic unit, albatereos also can be best artilery unit if you put moving burs parts to it, also a freebies code COSMICBAR01, COSMICBAR04 and CB2015SUMMER for garapon tiket and chance for good unit.

2. yes it does good, because eco boost + fall change + augmented truster combo + stun propelan + 30 hp, other good drive for air is armor drive which good for everything because extra 100 hp and last stand.

3. core tune materials = arcantus ( rarely drop ). also core tune cube from today card grind event.

4. broh we are now 250 card collecting event for freebies http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t15547-3-9-2015-update also code above for garapon tikets.

other question :
1. theiamilis + boost drive + and tune it 38 fly + 40 tech + forces + hi shooter paralize tune ? if want.

2. alcy is good, ICY GL : buy her weapon in shop cost 150RT+ dual illumis amj + long moving burs core tune tune. EXlaz = mount or gunner both good, Lumeria = spam her sub weapon missile to refill aura for summoning more bigger barier and best defensive / offensive unit ever, eris = dark hide ofcourse she is good.  and EVERYthing good so why the heck you ask ? or maybe confuse about gameplay ??

everything depend you PC is lagging or not + your gameplay + tuned unit or not + brain work remember learn to aim then frag + survive and do not to die alot / do not waste your death ( death over 6 / 10 times + over 10k cost + and not doing frag at all, seriously why ???) wasted team BP.

3. both good.
4. buy for amj + put dual illumis amj on ICY GL, i do recomended you learn offer walls for Free RT.

Last edited by +RedCobra+ on Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:38 am; edited 10 times in total
Back to top Go down
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant
LazFlamme

Female Posts : 3099

PostSubject: Re: I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up.   I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 10:20 am

Paruru wrote:
Finally, I'm a bit torn with the new bots. I know that you can get one of the two for free by doing the arena campaign but I'm not sure which one to go for. I've been looking around and it seems that neither of them are really any good in today's meta. Nebel doesn't seem to have that much going for her that Theia/Alcy can't cover (Feel free to correct me) and Colleti seems to just be a subpar alpha art with sucky damage against anything that is not an air (Again, feel free to correct me). Is either of them usable at all to good effect in today's meta without me having to hunt down/farm gara weapons, or should I just pick whichever looks better and have her just for collection's sake?

Yes, they're purely for collection. Nebel is more of a middle-line fighter and Colleti cannot alpha all the time.
In short:
Alcy>Nebel
Icy GL>Coletti
Theiamillis>both
Back to top Go down
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Paruru

PostSubject: Re: I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up.   I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 12:46 pm

Thanks for the replies!

I ask about those bots because they're the new ones I found on my account when I finally caved and logged on, and some of which I just haven't seen anyone using lately. I'm on a limited budget on both time and materials in-game so I just want to se which bot to prioritize.

Right now, I'm working on tuning my Theia, Alcy and Icy, but I'm a bit lost about the latter. I know to buy another one of Icy's guns and build her as an alpha, and I went ahead and got the burst missile AMJs already, but should I keep both the icicle and the bazooka attachments on both of her guns? I'm having a hard time fitting burst missile amjs, two guns, two bazookas and two icicles while still having capa for normal tunes, and that's without any weapon tunes at all too.

Also still not sure about Alcy's path. I guess I'll level her to 5 to check out each path.

Eris I knew she was good, just didn't think she would be worth using as she's pretty outdated. Still, I guess everyone hates her for a reason. I MAY consider her later on, but I dislike melee in general.
Back to top Go down
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant
LazFlamme

Female Posts : 3099

PostSubject: Re: I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up.   I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 12:53 pm

Paruru wrote:
Thanks for the replies!

I ask about those bots because they're the new ones I found on my account when I finally caved and logged on, and some of which I just haven't seen anyone using lately. I'm on a limited budget on both time and materials in-game so I just want to se which bot to prioritize.

Right now, I'm working on tuning my Theia, Alcy and Icy, but I'm a bit lost about the latter. I know to buy another one of Icy's guns and build her as an alpha, and I went ahead and got the burst missile AMJs already, but should I keep both the icicle and the bazooka attachments on both of her guns? I'm having a hard time fitting burst missile amjs, two guns, two bazookas and two icicles while still having capa for normal tunes, and that's without any weapon tunes at all too.

Also still not sure about Alcy's path. I guess I'll level her to 5 to check out each path.

Eris I knew she was good, just didn't think she would be worth using as she's pretty outdated. Still, I guess everyone hates her for a reason. I MAY consider her later on, but I dislike melee in general.

Icicle attachment is what makes Icy shine. It hits behind barriers. Bazooka is optional as it's just... well, your everyday bazooka.

Eris is NEVER outdated. She's STILL one of the major threats in any Arena battle with the right tunes. Her blades stunlock like a boss, and she can guard, you get the idea. Note that one of the best counters for Eris is your Theiamillis. Lucky you.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up.   I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 12:56 pm

icy is fine regardless of her setup. Tested 2 icicles+1 zook and 1 icicle + 2 zooks and the end damage is around the same due to the way tgh reduction works. 1+1 is a pretty decent setup if you don't want to buy more. 2 icicles + 1 zook is less weight so generally a better option. 4 weapons is overkill.

Using only icicles is shit because of how easy they are to dodge. Having a bazooka allows you to stun a target with the bazooka so that the icicles can hit for additional damage.
Back to top Go down
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Paruru

PostSubject: Re: I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up.   I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 1:09 pm

I was messing around with the icicles and yeah, they do seem to be really finnicky. The problem I'm running in right now is adding two burst missile AMJs, two icicle attachments, a bazooka attachment, and still have enough capa for 40 tec/38 fly. Does she really need capa tunes or am I just being stupid adding two burst missile AMJs to her? (Even though pretty much everyone I've talked to in-game has told me to do just that...)

Should I just focus on two icicles and a zook and scrap the burst missile AMJs altogether?

LazFlamme wrote:
Icicle attachment is what makes Icy shine. It hits behind barriers. Bazooka is optional as it's just... well, your everyday bazooka.

Eris is NEVER outdated. She's STILL one of the major threats in any Arena battle with the right tunes. Her blades stunlock like a boss, and she can guard, you get the idea. Note that one of the best counters for Eris is your Theiamillis. Lucky you.

Really? I haven't run into many, and the ones I have run into I've had no problem with, but now I know why since I've been using Theia mostly. Good to know, though I still don't think I'll be using mine all that much. I guess that'll make some people happy.

Last edited by Paruru on Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up.   I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 1:10 pm

I'm a dogshit player, but I who give af in 2015?

@Are these bots still good:

Juticia: yes, her support rejection is pretty cool and that CV l0l

Alcy: yes. Both paths are pretty good, ranged Alcy is imo a bit better since she can't hack ARTs anyway.

EX Laz: yes. Iirc mounted gunner is the best DPS, mounted melee is mainly popular because indo connection, meld gunner is one of the safest hoppers ever (but LND gunner is said to be dead), idk if anyone actually plays meld melee. Hybrids are mainly used for fun.

Kagura: not really. I used to call mine "please be AIR", because that's pretty much the only thing she can fight. Depends on the map, team and personal playstyle I guess.

Eris: ded game. ded melee, no fast recovery. shit gold. Ok jokes aside, she's still pretty solid. The Glint Strike path is said to be better, Darness Hide is more popular because of Last Stand though. I think she (as well as Resha) still gets a lot of hate for her perormance ater intial release. A lot of people quit the game because of these two.

Sylvia Paladin: yes.

Lumiera: yes.

Theiamilis: yes. Her hit-rate is pretty silly, but that's true for pretty much any air these days. fuck de haters.

Icy GL: depends on what you consider as "good". Her capa is a bit tight if you wanna go dual wielding, but you can change that with enough tunes. Personally I just tuned 40 TEC and enjoy being a immobile midget that melts people. I wouldn't recommend burst missile amjs on this one btw. Iirc there's that JP build with some sort of howtizer main weapon BS or such, but I really can't remember and idk if we're even supposed to tattle it.

@Drives: Boost drive can help on a lot of things (not just AIRs, I put one on my vanilla Lumiera, I could tell you stories l0l), just as sword drive can. Armor drive just takes the least thinking to use. I like boost drive, because I can skip the last two levels on a lot of things (never take Stun Prop!). Armor Drives Ablat Plat is really nice on AIRs and the HP buff is always useful, Last Stand is very overrated. Sword Drive has some nice perks, but nobody uses it, because these 100 extra HP are way better (or so they say, I like my berserk clearance ivis).

@Core tune mats: Arcantus.
Back to top Go down
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Paruru

PostSubject: Re: I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up.   I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 2:01 pm

Thanks everyone for your replies! I think I got an idea as to what the heck I'm doing (Not really, but I'm getting there). I just have one last question!

A friend recommended I bought Chloe from the shop for 100Rt because he claims her BS is really good for an art, and stat-wise it sure seems that way, but I'd like to know if Chloe herself is a decent bot, at least. She only has two slots to work with per part, so is she still usable? As in, can she still be built and used properly in today's meta?
Back to top Go down
Isdelft
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Isdelft

PostSubject: Re: I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up.   I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 2:23 pm

she is good
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up.   I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 2:50 pm

Some people say she' fine with only two lots, others deem her utter trash because 2s. Imo it does cripple her performance. Idk, if it's free Rt from offers then get her, if not, then just wait til you either roll one from ticket garas or they put her in the DX shop or such (GL was there before, I could imagine they put that one or another version in the shop again).
Back to top Go down
Paruru
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Paruru

PostSubject: Re: I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up.   I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up. EmptyMon Sep 07, 2015 7:12 pm

I see, I guess I'll hold off on buying her then. I guess that about does it for question, asides of things I'd probably be better off finding out for myself rather than asking. I'm still not too sure how is it that people get ridiculously high scores with Theia but I guess I just need more practice with her and to figure out weapon tunes. Thanks everyone for your help!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up.   I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up. Empty

Back to top Go down

I've been gone for years! Need some help catching up.
Page 1 of 1