Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

giganberg bulk hybrid build?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PinTek
PinTek

Male Posts : 74

giganberg bulk hybrid build? Empty
PostSubject: giganberg bulk hybrid build?   giganberg bulk hybrid build? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 12:30 pm

I know some folks will scream till their blue in the face bulk is dead so lets get that out of the way.

Right now running a box stock bulk with the saw and a beryl launcher (complete with addon) and ant lion HD use him more for mid to back feild duty helping gaurd healers and art.
The beryl launcher seams just about overkill on cost but the handyness of having a gun with dual range functions and the long range hitting rather hard I haven't found a good alternative.

If I wanted to tune this to be a hybrid in tec an str what other things should I look into on this?

If your wondering where I got the beryl launher it came with my berylskid U which just has a bad case of TO MANY DAM SUBS!

also lack a standard giganberg just a heads up
Back to top Go down
aosepsa
용개형 보고있지? EE!!
aosepsa

Male Posts : 1595

PostSubject: Re: giganberg bulk hybrid build?   giganberg bulk hybrid build? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 4:50 pm

Quote :
I know some folks will scream till their blue in the face bulk is dead so lets get that out of the way.

wrong

I will laugh my ass off for someone who tries to bother tune for what is nothing but a giant "target" from current status.

Quote :
use him more for mid to back feild duty helping gaurd healers and art

>implying you can "gaurd" projectiles
>implying AIRs are obsolete

Quote :
beryl launcher seams just about overkill on cost

120 Cost for god-tier Pierce Gun is not an overkill. There are yet much bulkier and overcosting weapon that does good with its functionality, but Beryl Launcher happens to be one of best cost-efficient weapon you can ever find for L Sized robots

Quote :
If I wanted to tune this to be a hybrid in tec an str what other things should I look into on this?

You can't make him hybrid due to his low TEC in default statwise, let alone his stat is generally focused on STR.

Either you have to go through damage deal-loss on ranged wise, or dunk STR to kill "finishing move"'s damage

What Giganberg need is "mobility". But with his equipment(AMJ, LG, 1 AM is necessary for holding chainsaw), his mobility stat is extremely limited due to high cost of these shield armors, which happens to be an "identity" for what Giganberg is meant to be.

By swapping all parts of bulk into typical 38/1 Bpost Run or 36/1 Short Boost build, you will unavoidably lose capability of "tanking" and "shielding" for what BULK requires to do before slamming chainsaw at their face. Not to mention his chainsaw damage dealing capability is nerfed(4 sec + 8 sec CD lmao), your best bet is trying to give him G Capa tune to make at least work for bit of tankiness and utility tools.

But if you really got some materials to waste on something like BULK, why not make other things that does better than him on both general damage dealing and cost efficient wise?

Quote :
bulk is dead

Last edited by aosepsa on Fri Aug 21, 2015 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RaverX
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
RaverX

Male Posts : 1047

PostSubject: Re: giganberg bulk hybrid build?   giganberg bulk hybrid build? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 4:55 pm

^ All that coming from a mecha tuning MONSTER, Pintek its best to take his advice on this topic, he Mains mechas Alot and knows what hes talking about
Back to top Go down
aosepsa
용개형 보고있지? EE!!
aosepsa

PostSubject: Re: giganberg bulk hybrid build?   giganberg bulk hybrid build? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 4:57 pm

not to mention BULK's role is to bombard groups of people in battlefield at front by tanking massive amount of hits, not a guardian sentry.

If you are looking for something that can do that role better, please tune Baltheon or Titancoil
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: giganberg bulk hybrid build?   giganberg bulk hybrid build? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 5:07 pm

Beryl Launcher only gets really bulky for its functionality if you add the attachment. It's still a good attachment, it's just fat.
Back to top Go down
PinTek
PinTek

Male Posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: giganberg bulk hybrid build?   giganberg bulk hybrid build? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 6:52 pm

Well understandable he's better for bum rushing but as you mentioned he's a big target its easier to play him mid field to help take care of types trying to kill more wounded units.

Sadly don't own a baltheon in en and don't have a titancoil...

I'm sure the standard giganberg would be more of the machine I'm looking to use and screwing around with tuning I can get bulk to some fairly flat 21 str 19 tec which I'm sure is more or less a joke with 33wlk..

Is it even worth it to keep the beryl gun lancer with the launcher?
Back to top Go down
aosepsa
용개형 보고있지? EE!!
aosepsa

PostSubject: Re: giganberg bulk hybrid build?   giganberg bulk hybrid build? EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 7:07 pm

Quote :
he's a big target its easier to play him mid field to help take care of types trying to kill more wounded units.

Wrong, your team does not care whether you die from focus fire, because he is literally the biggest meat shield to target or poke on.

Also, big = your allies catch on side fire from unnecessary shits

Quote :
Sadly don't own a baltheon in en

Shop, even UC available

Quote :
I'm sure the standard giganberg would be more of the machine I'm looking to use and screwing around with tuning I can

Oh, trust me. original Giganberg is "WAY" much better than BULK by any means nowadays.

Quote :
Is it even worth it to keep the beryl gun lancer with the launcher

nowadays, no
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: giganberg bulk hybrid build?   giganberg bulk hybrid build? Empty

Back to top Go down

giganberg bulk hybrid build?
Page 1 of 1