Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kantai Collection The Anime

Go down 
+15
Magna.Zero
Thranduil
uiso
Maelstrom
Sakura1
Toilet-Flusher
Tuskin
Winty
WiFi
Koiro
AlkaidStar
reVelske
God is a Cat Girl
Soarer
BARILLIAN
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Kantai Collection The Anime Empty
PostSubject: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 5:39 pm

Did you hear? The awesome Boat Warfare game with cutesy personified girl war boats now has an anime series for it!

Isn't this wonderful? This is going to be so awesome and adorable!
Back to top Go down
BARILLIAN
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 6:02 pm

Armored Entity wrote:
Boat Warfare
Warships aren't boats any more than you're a horse, you doofus.

But yes this will be good as long as it doesn't go full slice of life or try to be a hamfisted war horror drama.
Back to top Go down
Soarer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Soarer

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 6:06 pm

BARILLIAN wrote:
Armored Entity wrote:
Boat Warfare
Warships aren't boats any more than you're a horse, you doofus.
The word boat can describe a vessel of any size.

Please be mindful not to make a non-useable-body out of yourself.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hayashisora.com
BARILLIAN
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 6:14 pm

Soarer wrote:
The word boat can describe a vessel of any size.
Like hell it can, a boat in naval warfare is a vessel that is carried by another.

So torpedo boats are boats, because see, they come outta a bigger ship, but torpedo boat destroyers aren't, because they don't.

That's like calling Shimakaze a battleship because it's a ship that engages in battle, i.e. inconceivably dumb holy shit how do you even breathe
Back to top Go down
Soarer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Soarer

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 6:19 pm

I was being polite but turns out you're an ingrate.

Have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
BARILLIAN
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 6:24 pm

I'm an ingrate and also absolutely, unarguably right. This "let's call warships boats" thing needs to die, and it needs to die soon.

A nice day to you, too.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 7:52 pm

boat
bəʊt/
noun
noun: boat; plural noun: boats

a small vessel for travelling over water, propelled by oars, sails, or an engine.
   "a fishing boat"
   synonyms: vessel, craft, watercraft, ship; More
   literarykeel, barque
   "a small rowing boat"
       a vessel of any size, especially a large one.
       "those newly arriving here by boat or plane"
   a gravy boat or sauce boat.

Nonspecifically, still a boat.
Back to top Go down
Soarer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Soarer

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 5:07 am

Anyways back on topic, I think it's going to be another one of those anime series that emphasize fan service over everything else.

btw, this is related. - http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_gifs/1385130/Surprise/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 12:59 pm

Nah, I think it's going to be my favorite kind of anime.

An Anime that is Cuteness + Action!
Fluffy and Snuggly and Moe' sweeties, and big epic Boss fights, together and done right.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 1:18 pm

I don't quite understand how anyone can really take interest in this franchise without being an actual fanatic of Japanese WW2 vessels.
Back to top Go down
AlkaidStar
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
AlkaidStar

Male Posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 9:51 pm

reVelske wrote:
I don't quite understand how anyone can really take interest in this franchise without being an actual fanatic of Japanese WW2 vessels.
Because moeblobs, enough said.
aren't U-Boats/Submarines also considered boats that do the opposite of any other boat/ship? (which is submerging rather than floating)
Back to top Go down
http://www.alkanidraw.blogspot.com
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 12:27 am

Armored Entity wrote:
Nah, I think it's going to be my favorite kind of anime.

An Anime that is Cuteness + Action!
Fluffy and Snuggly and Moe' sweeties, and big epic Boss fights, together and done right.

Could not be more wrong oh my god the denial is too strong
Back to top Go down
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
WiFi

Female Posts : 3107

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 3:07 am

reVelske wrote:
Same reason with CB collectors.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 3:15 am

Fantasy themed stuff are easy to follow, look at touhou, it's a bunch of colourfully dress characters based on mythological nonsense, that I can understand. But WWII ships? wtf? Real life military themed Mecha Musume stuff have been around for decades and they've always had a niche fanbase, I just don't see what makes Kancolle so popular.

Maybe it's just because it has a slut wearing a poor excuse of a skirt that might as well be a belt and some ridiculous looking thong.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:23 am

>why are cute things popular
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:24 am

You aren't reading. Cute animu shits are a dime a dozen, what makes Kancolle so popular when previous WWII military mecha mesume only served niche markets?
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:28 am

is this a serious question or are you just trolling?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 6:41 am

Inb4 Koihime Musou all over again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 1:01 pm

Winty wrote:
>why are cute things popular

I'd rather ask, "Why Wouldn't Cute and Snuggly and Adorable things be popular?"
Back to top Go down
BARILLIAN
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 1:26 pm

No, he's asking "why did this particular cutesy bullshit game get popular, instead of the 100+ other cutesy timesink franchises out there?"

That's a pretty legit question. The game had little to no paid content compared to the idol card games and whatnot, so that was a plus and a solid userbase was to be expected, but then its popularity spiraled out of control in a way that nobody really expected.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 2:09 pm

it's a browser game that appeals to weebs. Let's be real here: even if people don't know fuck all about WW2 military shit, they will eat up WW2 military shit.
it's a browser game meaning the actual game part appeals to the casual audience, unlike say touhou where at the peak of popularity you had all these guys who were like "the games are too hard i just like the cute girls" you get everyone in on the full experience.
the popularity spiral of something that is easy to get into is pretty simple. once it gets to a certain point, people check it out just to see what other people see in it.
i have 0 interest in this shit. I checked some doujins simply because holy fuck there are a lot of them and I'm just like "meh" and moved on. i fuck jet planes not ww2 ships.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 2:27 pm

I think everyone can get behind liking tanks and even planes (especially tanks), but not so much with ships IMHO.

And I'm sure there's been plenty of Jap browser games filled with "cute" nonsense, Kancolle's popularity is easily a level above the rest.

I guess there's this weird shit with Japs actually "celebrate" their WWII involvement and Axis as a whole to a degree (especially in various fictional work), which is in stark contrast to Germans' and Italians' general attitude towards WWII.

No wonder them old chinks can't stop hating the 小日本's guts.

Either way, no matter how I look at it, they just got lucky, there's literally nothing about Kancolle that stands out.
Back to top Go down
Soarer
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Soarer

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:09 pm

The first episode has been released.

There is lots of generic moeblob with yuri undertones which isn't all that surprising. The action scenes were well done and the animation is very good. I'm curious to see where the plot goes from here, so I'll keep watching for 4 more episodes to see if I want to continue.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:28 pm

I have a nendo but I haven't played the game at all!
Back to top Go down
Toilet-Flusher
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Toilet-Flusher

Male Posts : 1045

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime EmptyWed Jan 07, 2015 7:34 pm

I keep scrapping Mogami everytime I get her for being useless

Agano class doko?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kantai Collection The Anime   Kantai Collection The Anime Empty

Back to top Go down

Kantai Collection The Anime
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next