Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)

Go down 
+15
Orangish
Inami
kenji102
jingbai
ryangames90
zynix
SOLOMON
GreyFalcon
Wo1f
Calvat
Dreamer
Arioka
sal
FailishExam
Kerorocins
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Kerorocins
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kerorocins

hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) Empty
PostSubject: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 4:15 pm

hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) Errorc11
Now i tried starting the game but i got this error
i think opengl is something related to my videocard somehow, i'm not perfect at computers thought

MY computer specs meets all demands and is even above recommanded system specs as i believe so

My video card is a Radeon HD 4850 which should mostly work with everything even high demanding games.

I even updated my drivers recently and there's still no difference
Could anyone help me? Thanks again in advance
Back to top Go down
FailishExam
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 9:19 pm

Yeah man im getting the same problem. Ur not alone. I have the required specs to play it. I can play Aion and GLobal Agenda perfectly. The graphics look like it is coming out and killing me and yet i can't play this game with its PS1 graphics?
Back to top Go down
sal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
sal

Male Posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 10:17 pm

The problem seems to be with windows 7 not supporting open gl sad face my good comp has windows 7
Back to top Go down
Kerorocins
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kerorocins

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 10:52 pm

My comp is a windows XP :C
with DirectX 9.0c
so i have no idea why my game is not working.
I checked ingame and someone have the exact same card as i do and he's able to play no problem.
So where could be the issue for me?
Do i need to show the options selected in my graphics cards wizard?
Back to top Go down
sal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
sal

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyThu Jun 10, 2010 11:28 pm

http://www.cosmicbreak.com/commu/?m=pc&a=page_c_topic_detail&target_c_commu_topic_id=169
Back to top Go down
Kerorocins
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kerorocins

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 3:36 am

Well i did posted stuff there indeed, and i'm still waiting for answers so far.
Back to top Go down
Arioka
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 11:42 am

I have this problem too. Here's my bit.

I'm on a Windows XP and I have a Radeon 9600, which is ATI. According to Wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opengl

(see the "OpenGL 1.2.1" section)

...9600 can run 1.2 or higher. I've been trying to update my drivers, but the update that ATI's site automatically comes up with does have some "Windows logo", which means that it "strongly reccomends" that I do not continue. From my searching accross the internet about the problem, it seems pretty clear to me that the problem is that those who get this error do not have OpenGL 1.2 or higher. And if you can't update your driver to that, then the only other option would be to buy new computer hardware.
Back to top Go down
Kerorocins
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kerorocins

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:09 pm

I doubt it would be that error since my card should well run over way higher than open gl 1.21
but thanks for taking the time to find the solution
I only want the videocard changing as a last resort, because im sure there's something that can be fixed before getting another videocard
I just can'T see the solution based on my comprehension alone
Back to top Go down
Arioka
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 5:18 pm

I say that from seeing these results for "cosmic break opengl", translated from Japanese and Chinese:

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://www42.atwiki.jp/cosmicbreak/pages/13.html&ei=rqYSTMGtFIL6lwfcsbGLCA&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CBYQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dcosmic%2Bbreak%2Bopengl%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4ADSA_enUS340US340

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=zh-TW&u=http://forum.gamer.com.tw/C.php%3Fpage%3D1%26bsn%3D13282%26snA%3D467&ei=96YSTIbpNMaqlAeZnNHMBw&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=6&ved=0CCgQ7gEwBQ&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dcosmic%2Bbreak%2Bopengl%26hl%3Den%26rlz%3D1T4ADSA_enUS340US340

Maybe you could get something from those.
Back to top Go down
Kerorocins
Newcomer
Newcomer
Kerorocins

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyFri Jun 11, 2010 9:11 pm

Thanks alot i checked the opengl checker thingie and it seems my gl version is 1.1.0???

Also i think it said my driver is older than a year when infact i recently installed my new drivers o.o
did it somehow failed to install?
Back to top Go down
Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptySat Jun 12, 2010 11:18 pm

Kerorocins wrote:
Thanks alot i checked the opengl checker thingie and it seems my gl version is 1.1.0???

Also i think it said my driver is older than a year when infact i recently installed my new drivers o.o
did it somehow failed to install?
Yup me and you have the same version.If you ever get this working,please don't be shy to PM me.I'm trying my best to find a solution too. Surprised
Back to top Go down
sal
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
sal

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 10:00 pm

Dang want this to work anyone computer smart know a way around this? Any way even if its illegal T.T sad that we should have to resort to this but the company hosting is no help.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptySun Jun 13, 2010 10:35 pm

sal wrote:
Dang want this to work anyone computer smart know a way around this? Any way even if its illegal T.T sad that we should have to resort to this but the company hosting is no help.
Oh when I saw a new post I thought you had the answer.I was going to tell you to have my babies.
Back to top Go down
Calvat
Newcomer
Newcomer
Calvat

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 5:35 am

I think there's more to the OpenGL error than what we're guessing. Previous poster and the site states you need Open GL 1.2(+) higher to run CosmicBreak.

I downloaded the OpenGL checker before and it says I already have OpenGL 1.4 installed, and I get this error.

This is what the little area says,
Quote :
Graphics Adapter: SiS 661FX
Manufacturer: SiS
GL Version: 1.4.0
Resolution: 1024 X 768 X 32 bpp
Video Memory Size: 128 MB

My driver is also up to date.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:01 pm

..........How do you update your driver?''Google is giving me too many links!''
Back to top Go down
Arioka
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:04 pm

Well, first find out which kind you have (for example, I have a Radeon), and then google something like "radeon driver update". It should be more specific.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyMon Jun 14, 2010 9:24 pm

Oh you mean like "Intel driver upgrade"?Alright,thank you bro ham(or sis bacon).
Back to top Go down
Wo1f
Newcomer
Newcomer
Wo1f

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 7:37 am

I have dual Radeon HD4850's and they were last updated February 2 2010. Catalyst Control Center says I have OpenGL version 6.14.10.8787 and I can run the game just fine.

Soooo, here are the drivers updated as of May 26 2010 (newest currently)

NOTE: These drivers are for and ONLY for the Radeon HD 4xxx graphics cards (e.g 4350, 4850, 4870, 4890), etc). If you do not have one of these graphics cards and you attempt to install these drivers they will not work.
For these just download the top one, it includes the drivers and the catalyst control center.
Drivers for Windows XP 32 bit
Drivers for Windows XP 64 bit
Drivers for Windows Vista and Windows 7 32 bit
Drivers for Windows Vista And Windows 7 64 bit

If you have an ATI, Radeon or AMD(all the same company) product and need to update the drivers, go to this website: Link

Hopefully this fixes your problems.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:03 pm

So...there's no alternive site for intel?Dammit. :/
Back to top Go down
Wo1f
Newcomer
Newcomer
Wo1f

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:09 pm

Can you tell me which graphics card you have? I can find your drivers and show you which site to go for updates.
Back to top Go down
Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:14 pm

Wo1f wrote:
Can you tell me which graphics card you have? I can find your drivers and show you which site to go for updates.
Yah nu prob.Just gotta wait till my bro gets off the comp.This is my touch :>
Back to top Go down
Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:30 pm

Alright,I think I've already posted this before but...

Intel(R) 82865G Graphics Controller

Does that help?
Back to top Go down
Wo1f
Newcomer
Newcomer
Wo1f

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 2:45 pm

Some manufacturer sites make it way too hard to find the drivers. Intel is one of them (so is soundblaster).

Anyways, try the intel auto detect to find your drivers:
Auto Detect Intel

Since you have an integrated graphics card it might still not work well with updated drivers. Thankfully, even high end graphics cards are now much cheaper than they were a few years ago.
Back to top Go down
Arioka
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 6:08 pm

I downloaded the Windows XP 32 bit driver (which is mine) from the ATI/Radeon/AMD link. After some loading bars, it says this:

Hardware Installation

The software you are installing for this hardware:

ATI Radeon 9600/9550/X1050 Series

has not passed Windows Logo testing to verify its compatibility
with Windows XP. (Tell me why this is important.)

Continuing your installation of this software may impair
or destabilize the correct operation of your system
either immediately are in the future. Microsoft strongly
reccomends that you stop this installation now and
contact the hardware vendor for software that has
passed Windows Logo testing.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

________________Continue Anyway___STOP Installation____

Maybe I should take the one for 9500 instead? Or is that too early a version?
Back to top Go down
Arioka
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) EmptyTue Jun 15, 2010 8:06 pm

I still have this up. I don't know if I should say yes or no.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)   hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there) Empty

Back to top Go down

hardware open gl is invalid? (need some help there)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next