Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.

Go down 
+7
Wolf Hikari
Mintattak
wizardman
GreyFalcon
Roll
Jermatoo
113Kyote
11 posters
AuthorMessage
113Kyote
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
113Kyote

Male Posts : 176

Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor. Empty
PostSubject: Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.   Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor. EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:50 am

A 2d Fighting game for the PS3 and Xbox 360. It's got a great battle system and the story is fantastic and in depth! Dont let me forget to mention the soundtrack! It's a mix of Metal/orchestra and it sounds extraordinary! For those of you who've played and or heard of Guilty Gear, This is essentialy it's spiritual succesor.

The game has so far 2 different titles in it's series: Blazblue Calamity Trigger and Blazblue Continuum Shift

Here's some gameplay videos of Continuum Shift.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Also they're coming out with a Continuum Shift 2 for the arcade....not sure how it's different from the first but I assume it just includes the new DLC characters which there are three of and here are their pictures!

Makoto Nanaya
Spoiler:
Squirrel Girls are always welcome =]

Valkenhayn
Spoiler:
Beleive it or not, he's a werewolf.

Platinum The Trinity
Spoiler:
I'm sure pedo bear would love that one.

Platinum hasn't come out yet on the console version and I'm not sure when the release date is although I imagine she'd be coming out within the next couple of months.

Oh and here's the opening to Continuum Shift 2
Spoiler:

I'd recommend this game a thousand times if I could! If you couldn't tell, I'm a huge fan of it =D
Back to top Go down
Jermatoo
Jermatoo

Male Posts : 69

PostSubject: Re: Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.   Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor. EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:57 pm

Played the first CS like crazy, the comboes always butt raped me but I'm really liking how this game is looking, I'll most likely be getting this game too. <3
Back to top Go down
Roll
Newcomer
Newcomer
Roll

PostSubject: Re: Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.   Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor. EmptyTue Dec 21, 2010 4:52 pm

I'd raise your recommendation by a thousand and one! It's a great game, as was Guilty Gear!
Back to top Go down
GreyFalcon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
GreyFalcon

Male Posts : 540

PostSubject: Re: Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.   Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor. EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 am

Played about 8400 rounds online for the first BlazBlue

Haven't gotten into it again since though.

Broke 2 controllers in the process.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.   Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor. EmptyWed Dec 22, 2010 4:15 pm

GreyFalcon wrote:

2 Sticks here and won 3 tournaments in the Philippines, First as Hakumen (CT), Then Hazama, finally Noel (CS).

Quit due that I moved to Argentina.

But In Argentina I won a GG:XX AC+ As Order-sol. (As long as 5 others using the same character)
Back to top Go down
GreyFalcon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
GreyFalcon

PostSubject: Re: Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.   Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor. EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 12:17 pm

REIA wrote:
GreyFalcon wrote:

2 Sticks here and won 3 tournaments in the Philippines, First as Hakumen (CT), Then Hazama, finally Noel (CS).

Quit due that I moved to Argentina.

But In Argentina I won a GG:XX AC+ As Order-sol. (As long as 5 others using the same character)

Well congrats on competitive level Hakumen.

He was my first alternate, but he's so low tier in CT.

Hardly any forward mobility options compared to the rest.

Hrmm here's one of me screwing around, and then getting my ass handed to me when the other guy got serious Razz
Back to top Go down
wizardman
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.   Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor. EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 2:13 pm

Hi!

Sorry to revive an old thread, but I stumbled upon this thread by accident and got curious about what REIA said.

Where were the tourneys of BBCT and BBCS that you joined in the Philippines, REIA? Just very curious as there wasn't much of a scene in the Philippines till late 2010, and I've been to every tourney of that community, but don't remember any Hazama or Noel placing 1st. LOL BANG SHISHIGAMI. It's an NCR based scene, perhaps you came from a different part of the Philippines? If so, I'd very much like to know about where you played!

Thanks a bunch in advanced!
Back to top Go down
Mintattak
Mintattak

Female Posts : 39

PostSubject: Re: Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.   Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor. EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 4:13 pm

any PC version?
i cant have ps3 or xbox Sad
Back to top Go down
GreyFalcon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
GreyFalcon

PostSubject: Re: Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.   Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor. EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 4:49 pm

Mintattak wrote:
any PC version?
i cant have ps3 or xbox Sad

Officially? No
Unofficially? Yes

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/entry.php?b=54
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

Male Posts : 2985

PostSubject: Re: Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.   Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor. EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 4:14 am

I approve there is a PC version! ^w^
Back to top Go down
SaberAlter
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SaberAlter

PostSubject: Re: Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.   Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor. EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 4:09 pm

Continuum Shift 2 is coming to PSP and 3DS as well
Back to top Go down
zamo
Forum Lurker
zamo

Other / Decline to state Posts : 216

PostSubject: Re: Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.   Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor. EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 6:52 pm

i want another guilry gear , though blazblue is still fun
Back to top Go down
McArthurBBPH
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.   Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor. EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:41 pm

Woot , like wizardman, im here representing BBPH ( Blazblue Philippines ) we started around august, we are a BIG, ACTIVE, and GROWING Blazblue Community in the Philippines. Having over 6 tournaments since August. we average around 40 players per event (total player count: 80)

for those interested, anyone can join we're all friendly and open xD
we hold casuals weekly on the ff "headquarters"
Makati, near Glorietta
Manila, Near De La Salle Taft
LasPinas, Near SM south
QC, Cubao area
SM NorthMall (arcade BBCS)
SM NorthEdsa (arcade BBCS)

our main forums are located at
FaceBook Group <-Link
Dustloop Philippine Thread <-Link
BBPH MatchVids+Tourney Vids <-Link

feel free to join in =)
Back to top Go down
Calamity2007
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 13

PostSubject: Re: Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.   Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor. EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 11:23 pm

I own Blazblue Continuum Shift and I have to say that it is one of my favorite fighting games. I will most likely not get CS2 because I could just download the three new characters, I would probably never enter a tournament though (probably not that good). Overall great game. Anime like graphics. Great story. It has the god of trolling in it. So, great.
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

Male Posts : 2985

PostSubject: Re: Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.   Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor. EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:13 am

Goes Ragna, Jin and Noel.
Back to top Go down
McArthurBBPH
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.   Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor. EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 11:14 am

nice good to see BBCS players here, btw are you guys interested in joining events, tournies or casuals? =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.   Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor. Empty

Back to top Go down

Blazblue! Guilty Gear's Spiritual Successor.
Page 1 of 1