Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.

Go down 
+13
Shai
God is a Cat Girl
Nilla
Kobrakai
Relict?
XiaoFu
Hyoka
beccadmgirl
That_Wiesel_Guy
Koiro
Zwiebel Force
exoakutsu
kokoroanime
17 posters
AuthorMessage
kokoroanime
Newcomer
Newcomer

Male Posts : 18

What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. Empty
PostSubject: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 5:18 pm

Look, I understand it's supposed to be played for comedy and laughes. But that've been pissing me off. All a female does is to beat a male character for smaller stuffs. it's all "abuse is okay with it female on male" and anyone who watched it didn't do anything to them.

Hey, I'll tell you what, If I was a male anime character and I saw her naked or bumped into hey by accident and attacked me. I will damn well attack her back, because I was NOT tolerate with that anymore. Attack her back can certainly solve that.

And I'm sorry for bad things what I said and if I scared you, but this is what I feel.

Last edited by kokoroanime on Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/koroshi/
exoakutsu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
exoakutsu

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 5:42 pm

Wow, hateful.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 6:20 pm

This is one of te reasons I don't like slice of life anime and the like.
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 6:29 pm

Most harem anime a shit, but for other reasons along with the typical ones
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 7:06 pm

Tasteless fanservice.
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyMon Mar 03, 2014 7:10 pm

That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:
Tasteless fanservice.

This being one of them

Another one being that only one girl won't get her heart broken, while all the other girls are left behind in pain, and it's always the worst girl that wins (i.e the tsundere)
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 11:31 am

Koiro wrote:
That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:
Tasteless fanservice.

This being one of them

Another one being that only one girl won't get her heart broken, while all the other girls are left behind in pain, and it's always the worst girl that wins (i.e the tsundere)

Most generic harems recently end in stupid open endings for another season(DXD, IS, to name afew, and oh, Noucome went out of its way to create an open ending made me laugh and facepalm)

But from the anime that I know have legit harem endings:
Shuffle:
Hoshizora e Kakaru Hashi:
Clannad:
Mashiroiro Symphony:
So in my experience MC ending up with a tsun is not really that high
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 12:48 pm

The only reason the Noucome ending didn't make me mad was because at least nobody got their heart stomped on in the end, but I can give you that. Ending was a bit silly.
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 7:17 pm

well they need to have senseless violence so they can cut the scene before it becomes too ecchi or dives straight into pron.
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 8:34 pm

beccadmgirl wrote:
Koiro wrote:
That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:
Tasteless fanservice.

This being one of them

Most generic harems recently end in stupid open endings for another season(DXD, IS, to name afew, and oh, Noucome went out of its way to create an open ending made me laugh and facepalm)

Shuffle:
Clannad:
Mashiroiro Symphony:

You do realize everyone single one that you said is a anime based off of a visual novel right?

Also VN > Anime version.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 8:39 pm

My sides.

Also, I think OP is a bit tightly wound up.
Back to top Go down
beccadmgirl
Ace Poster
Ace Poster

Female Posts : 1092

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyWed Mar 05, 2014 9:23 pm

XiaoFu wrote:

You do realize everyone single one that you said is a anime based off of a visual novel right?

Also VN > Anime version.

Yes I do realize that, and I've read few of them, and IMO rarely does anime adaptation surpass the original. Though where the show originate from doesn't really play a part in the point I made, that the studio chose the route that's not the tsundere alot of times.
Back to top Go down
Kobrakai
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Kobrakai

Female Posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 8:51 pm

You obviously haven't heard of index then..
Back to top Go down
Nilla
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Nilla

Male Posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 9:12 pm

Let's not forget Higurashi!
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptySun Mar 09, 2014 10:00 pm

Well, in Higurashi they weren't really in control. Unlike Accelerator.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 2:37 am

There's anime with females beating the shit out of guys for no reason, and the other way around. I don't really see the problem.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 2:42 am

The other way round rarely happens for comical reasons, that's what the OP is referring to. Guys casually overpowering girls for comical reasons wouldn't go down well with the public for obvious reasons. Violence against woman is a sensitive subject in modern-day society, hence it is shunned.

Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 3:19 am

Fair enough.

Though while I don't really support violence, I do think the girl has the right to become angry when seen nude. This depends on the situation though. Most of the time when stuff like this happens the guy literally walks into the bathroom or a dressing room without thinking. Though when the girl runs out nude herself while the guy passes by it's her own fault. (Index has been seen doing this plenty of times in Toaru Majutsu no Index)

I also never understood why most bathrooms in anime don't seem to have a lock.
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 3:33 am

It's just an age old cliche that's used for nothing more than a cheap laugh, often to humour the simple perverted minds of the shows' target audiences.

And it's just the women "not remembering" to lock them.
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 12:01 pm

reVelske wrote:
It's just an age old cliche that's used for nothing more than a cheap laugh, often to humour the simple perverted minds of the shows' target audiences.

And it's just the women "not remembering" to lock them.
^
The woman doesn't have much of a right to hurt the guy if a guy walks into the bathroom and she's naked, and the guy sees her, but the bathroom door was unlocked or slightly open. If the guy knows a naked girl is in there and intentionally tries to see her naked in some way, that's when the woman has a right to kick his ass.

NOW IF THE FIRST SITUATION I/REVELSKE MENTIONED HAPPENS AND THE GUY KEEPS STARING INSTEAD OF COVERING HIS FACE THEN THE WOMAN HAS THE RIGHT TO KICK HIS ASS.
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 10:09 pm

What really grinds my gear is koiro's virginity isn't mines yet. Ontopic: I couldn't ever laugh at those scenes where guy walks in seeing the girl naked. I just don't see the laugh/ appeal of it I guess. Meh
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyMon Mar 10, 2014 10:22 pm

what really grinds my gears is that people tag SAO doujins with the elf tag when they are actually fairies, like wtf
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 12:45 pm

beccadmgirl wrote:
Koiro wrote:
That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:
Tasteless fanservice.

This being one of them

Shuffle:
Clannad:
Mashiroiro Symphony:
Except LN > Anime adaptation, which they intentionally leave open so they can decide if they should continue with another season.

I'm not sure, but DxD's protag is pretty atypicall: Lecherous and open about it, not the typical prude. And his dream is to make a harem. At the current translated LN chapters, it's already been decided who is first wife and who is second, the rest is still fighting for the places left.

Yeah, the IxD protag is pretty typical, though seems that he's growing as well.

Noucome... I just couldn't. Muri.

@topic: OP is cute. But yeah, it's annoying when a tsundere character isn't well done.

What really annoys me with harem series, it's how unresolved it usually ends. And the fact that they try to make everyone happy.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. EmptyTue Apr 08, 2014 3:29 pm

I urge thee to inspect thy privilege.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence.   What grinds my gears in anime. Female on Male violence. Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1