Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

About Assault Step

Go down 
+2
UncleBobbie
texasred
6 posters
AuthorMessage
texasred

About Assault Step Empty
PostSubject: About Assault Step   About Assault Step EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 4:03 am

So yeah, I don't really understand about assault step. All I know is the forward dashing is used to get closer to enemy faster. However, I don't really understand the sidestep. Someone said that it's useful for evasive actions, is it correct? or are there any other advantages of taking assault step besides getting closer to enemy faster?
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

About Assault Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Assault Step   About Assault Step EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 5:10 am

The only good thing about Assault step is the forward dash. The sideway and backwards dashes are bad. IIRC Quick Land lets you spam the forward dash a bit faster.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

About Assault Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Assault Step   About Assault Step EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 5:29 am

The cart wheel is fine if you can afford Quick Jump ad Quick Land.

Short Boost will still be better (and more practicable level wise). Don't pick Ass-Step for the cart wheel :>

Last edited by Zwiebel Force on Wed Jan 29, 2014 5:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Miko Miko Spark
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Miko Miko Spark

Other / Decline to state Posts : 267

About Assault Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Assault Step   About Assault Step EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 10:51 am

HIDDEN INDO SECRETS CANNOT SIMPLY REVEAL TO THE UNIVERSE
OPEN IF YOU DARE:
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

About Assault Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Assault Step   About Assault Step EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:02 am

Miko Miko Spark wrote:
HIDDEN INDO SECRETS CANNOT SIMPLY REVEAL TO THE UNIVERSE
OPEN IF YOU DARE:

This is in absolutely no way a secret. What the fuck.

HIDDEN SECRETS THAT AREN'T SECRETS WARNING!
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

About Assault Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Assault Step   About Assault Step EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 5:18 am

Quote :
Forward is like Sway+, sideways/backwards assault steps are like completely useless though.

Basically forward step eats loads of boost to propel you quickly forward, it has loads of invuln frames too. It's not necessarily hard to hit normally but past like 130ms it causes retarded amounts of rubberbanding that makes it practically impossible for anyone to tell where you are.

Quoted from an older topic.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

About Assault Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Assault Step   About Assault Step EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 2:34 pm

of if can hop, you will hop

Anyways, I like using Assault step because the invul frame is the easiest get accustomed to for me.  In addition to being a great way of getting close to the enemy (especially useful for close range melee), you can also use it to go through your enemy and end up behind them.  I like using this to kite melees when they manage to get close to me. Dash through them and end up behind them.

I don't use the sidestep at all. It's quicker to turn 45 degrees and do a forward-side dash. I use backstep to hop over short ledges but that's about it.
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

About Assault Step Empty
PostSubject: Re: About Assault Step   About Assault Step Empty

Back to top Go down

About Assault Step
Page 1 of 1