Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet

Go down 
+3
mogimus
Yokura
Priapus
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Priapus
Priapus

Male Posts : 35

Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet Empty
PostSubject: Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet   Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 8:01 pm

Yo, real quick and simple, I have a Kougetsu Kagura Mai, and I'm already satisfied with how I've built her so far except I can't completely decide on how I want to/should tune her bread and butter homing amulets.

If anyone has any experience with her, I'd like to know the difference in how greatly 30% to 40%, or 45% speed affects how well she can hit airs and sidestrafers. I was originally just gonna go with 3x High Shooter for the added range so I could harass better without sticking my neck out too far, but if I'm not gonna hit anything like that I'd rather not put down the rainbow chips for it. Alternatively If I can save myself from having to deal with 20% less ammo from Grapid betas, and get some practical use out of the range then I'd prefer to go with that.

If anyone has any full builds they want to post feel free, but I went standard hopper build with mine so far.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet   Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 8:12 pm

I tuned mine for 2x Grapid beta because I couldn't hit anything with her default speed. As for sidestrafers, you'll just have to get at a good angle or you probably wont hit them regardless of how much speed you have.

Typically I just do yingyangball -> Homing amulet x2 -> yingyang ball lv2 rinserepeat until they get out of range.
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Priapus
Priapus

PostSubject: Re: Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet   Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 8:24 pm

So would you say 30% is good? If so I could just go with 3x high shooter like I originally wanted to, or would you recommend 40%?
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet   Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 8:42 pm

I'm not entirely sure. I actually just did a 2x grapid when I was first testing her out :v Got pretty mad that nothing was hitting and just decided to go for 2x and see if it helped, and never bothered to de-tune it Lol. I haven't had any problems with it so far. My tune configuration is just 2xgrapid + force (I haven't tuned the force yet :v Third slot tune is painful)

If you want more range, go for it. I would actually reccomend 1x highshooter 2x hrapid/grapid intead of 3x highshooter. I think getting more speed than range would be better than getting equal amounts of range and speed. This is because her amulets hit terribly at default stats imo.
Back to top Go down
Priapus
Priapus

PostSubject: Re: Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet   Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 9:00 pm

All right, I'll probably do that then, just to save myself from grinding rainbows heh.

Thanks for your quick input!
Back to top Go down
mogimus
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
mogimus

PostSubject: Re: Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet   Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 9:27 pm

I run a 1X force 2X hi shooter build....works well....only issue is that she can't perma ground Airs which is annoying
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet   Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 9:29 pm

You can probably also just tune a couple of rapids onto your kagura and see how they work. Like.. do one or two hrapids on the arm and take it to arena to try. If you broke a slot it doesn't really matter. You can junk it to reset the slots when you decide what speed is good for you.
Back to top Go down
Priapus
Priapus

PostSubject: Re: Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet   Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 9:43 pm

I'm not really familiar with junking to reset slots, but I should say I have my kagura tuned up halfway already.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet   Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 9:56 pm

ah okay. welp.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet   Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 2:56 am

I have x1 Force, x1 GRapid Beta, and x1 Para, and I admittedly cannot hit shit with it.

I'm thinking of removing Para in favor of a high shooter
Back to top Go down
UncleBobbie
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
UncleBobbie

Male Posts : 1342

PostSubject: Re: Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet   Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 9:15 am

Her amulets are inaccurate as fuck. A force tune is very efficient because of multiple projectiles, shitforce and you need a lot of speed for accuracy.
Back to top Go down
dsp
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
dsp

PostSubject: Re: Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet   Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 12:38 pm

>not 3x Hshooter
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet   Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 12:41 pm

anyone who tunes 3x high shooter is retarded
Back to top Go down
dsp
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
dsp

PostSubject: Re: Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet   Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet EmptyMon Dec 16, 2013 12:46 pm

no it totally needs 3x hshooter. true story
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet   Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet Empty

Back to top Go down

Kougetsu Kagura Mai homing amulet
Page 1 of 1