Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

CC " suggestions for my setup"

Go down 
+3
Semo
Feign
Nexblade
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Nexblade
Newcomer
Newcomer
Nexblade

CC " suggestions for my setup" Empty
PostSubject: CC " suggestions for my setup"   CC " suggestions for my setup" EmptySun Dec 05, 2010 11:53 pm

ok so basically i just want opinions as to how i can make my setup better so that it can go up against other squads almost fool-proof Twisted Evil

so far it fairs rly well in pvp but it has its weaknesses

also if someone can tell me the weakness for mobile, heavy and air units id really appreciate it Smile

anyway my setup is an X formation with hound dog with power slash in the front line, followed by a 3bot line consisting of 2 hoverions with charge shot sp and a sword wing with happy trigger II in between, and finally I have a beezle with the line healing ability in the back.

comment and discuss pl0x Like a Star @ heaven

P.S. the squads name is nexus squad and ign is crossnexus Neutral

Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: CC " suggestions for my setup"   CC " suggestions for my setup" EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 12:55 am

Nexblade wrote:
I could have sworn I just fought your squad... One of the major weaknesses in there is your Beezle, in the back row he's unlikely to be dealing much damage and building SP, meaning by the time he can heal a line, you've already lost a unit or two.

For the Sword Wing/Hoverion line, I'd suggest switching from the special shot attacks to their formation skills. The formation skills add a buff to the entire row, they also have a bit lower SP cost, making it much more likely that they'll come out in a battle. The accuracy buffs from Back Sniping and Center Shot stack on each other, meaning that the line could move to the back and back to the middle, gaining 200% accuracy for 10 seconds, which is about two shots with each member of the row. Over averages, that accuracy boost is better than a single shot at higher damage or a line of shots at regular damage and accuracy, and costs fewer SP.
Back to top Go down
Semo
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: CC " suggestions for my setup"   CC " suggestions for my setup" EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 3:17 pm

Feign wrote:
Nexblade wrote:
I could have sworn I just fought your squad... One of the major weaknesses in there is your Beezle, in the back row he's unlikely to be dealing much damage and building SP, meaning by the time he can heal a line, you've already lost a unit or two.

For the Sword Wing/Hoverion line, I'd suggest switching from the special shot attacks to their formation skills. The formation skills add a buff to the entire row, they also have a bit lower SP cost, making it much more likely that they'll come out in a battle. The accuracy buffs from Back Sniping and Center Shot stack on each other, meaning that the line could move to the back and back to the middle, gaining 200% accuracy for 10 seconds, which is about two shots with each member of the row. Over averages, that accuracy boost is better than a single shot at higher damage or a line of shots at regular damage and accuracy, and costs fewer SP.

In theory this sounds vary nice but how often do you get the combo effect? Skill's don't always trigger at the right moment or in the right order.
Back to top Go down
Nexblade
Newcomer
Newcomer
Nexblade

PostSubject: Re: CC " suggestions for my setup"   CC " suggestions for my setup" EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 6:44 pm

ive followed his advice and the skills have been activating together once every 3 matches or so. and as for the skills activating separatly, they activate in every match and in each match the skills activate at least twice or so, tho ive noticed that after they use the skill they dont attack that much in 10 seconds.

and sorry if i overexplained it a bit .-.

P.S. ive reached 5k-8k points using this in every match; mostly 7.2k tho Neutral
Back to top Go down
Bloodbane

PostSubject: Re: CC " suggestions for my setup"   CC " suggestions for my setup" EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 7:11 pm

I'd be concerned about two things with that build, both having to do with the Hoverion line.

1) Nothing's in front of the Hoverions, meaning anything attacking down those lanes is going to hit the hoverions.
2) A line like that is asking to get Happy Trigger'd/Grand Swiped, and if someone has one of those with several low-cost attacks in their squad, it's likely the Hound can be killed just in time for that entire line to be open for an AOE.
Back to top Go down
x3Neko
x3Neko

Male Posts : 42

PostSubject: Re: CC " suggestions for my setup"   CC " suggestions for my setup" EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 8:12 pm

Feign wrote:
I could have sworn I just fought your squad...

Haha!!! xD I think I fought his squad too! My ign is x3Neko. Smile Squad's name is =^..^=
Back to top Go down
Nexblade
Newcomer
Newcomer
Nexblade

PostSubject: Re: CC " suggestions for my setup"   CC " suggestions for my setup" EmptyMon Dec 06, 2010 11:16 pm

x3Neko wrote:
Haha!!! xD I think I fought his squad too! My ign is x3Neko. Smile Squad's name is =^..^=

haha i think i fought ur squad too Razz

tho i think it was your old one or something
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: CC " suggestions for my setup"   CC " suggestions for my setup" EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 2:28 am

x3Neko wrote:
Feign wrote:

Guess I might as well put it out there now, my IGN is Nephanim, squad name is Red Right Hand, leader's name is Commissar Krieg. Color scheme is blue with two of the Hoverions being dark red.

Nexblade wrote:
ive noticed that after they use the skill they dont attack that much in 10 seconds.
The one that activates the skill does indeed take the full charge time before firing his weapons, but the others in the row continue firing as normal, possibly getting two shots of each weapon in during the buff.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: CC " suggestions for my setup"   CC " suggestions for my setup" EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 9:10 am

Bloodbane wrote:
I'd be concerned about two things with that build, both having to do with the Hoverion line.

1) Nothing's in front of the Hoverions, meaning anything attacking down those lanes is going to hit the hoverions.
2) A line like that is asking to get Happy Trigger'd/Grand Swiped, and if someone has one of those with several low-cost attacks in their squad, it's likely the Hound can be killed just in time for that entire line to be open for an AOE.

The best possible solutoin for this is to smach a King Megaton right inside the front lines with Defense up,
Dumping him with the leader position,
And Making sure all bots are in the same line as he is,
Or even in the following lines behind him,
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
x3Neko
x3Neko

PostSubject: Re: CC " suggestions for my setup"   CC " suggestions for my setup" EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 3:33 pm

Feign wrote:
x3Neko wrote:
Feign wrote:

Guess I might as well put it out there now, my IGN is Nephanim, squad name is Red Right Hand, leader's name is Commissar Krieg. Color scheme is blue with two of the Hoverions being dark red.

Lol Feign I think I fought yours to like 2 days ago. xD
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: CC " suggestions for my setup"   CC " suggestions for my setup" EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 5:19 pm

x3Neko wrote:
And tell me, how did that make you feel?

Granted, they seem to be staying at about a 65% win rate, not quite as much as I'd hoped... Just high enough to tell me I've got a fairly decent configuration. Possibly good enough to get me into the top 50 bracket if I'm fairly lucky. Any statistics on how many people are actually playing this alpha? I'm having a feeling the tourney will be about 150 to 180 players at most...
Back to top Go down
x3Neko
x3Neko

PostSubject: Re: CC " suggestions for my setup"   CC " suggestions for my setup" EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 8:03 pm

Feign wrote:
x3Neko wrote:
And tell me, how did that make you feel?

Granted, they seem to be staying at about a 65% win rate, not quite as much as I'd hoped... Just high enough to tell me I've got a fairly decent configuration. Possibly good enough to get me into the top 50 bracket if I'm fairly lucky. Any statistics on how many people are actually playing this alpha? I'm having a feeling the tourney will be about 150 to 180 players at most...

Razz I wiped you out actually.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: CC " suggestions for my setup"   CC " suggestions for my setup" EmptyTue Dec 07, 2010 11:32 pm

Feign wrote:
I'm having a feeling the tourney will be about 150 to 180 players at most...

Be thinking atleast 250 fifty have played/registered squads by the 16th.
Add in the multiple alternates one may have,
And you have yourself atleast 300 accounts participating.

Now,
Unless they bring about a few more bots inside this game,
I don't think any more changes will be made in the future.
Back to top Go down
Feign
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Feign

PostSubject: Re: CC " suggestions for my setup"   CC " suggestions for my setup" EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 4:04 am

Desu wrote:
Feign wrote:
I'm having a feeling the tourney will be about 150 to 180 players at most...

Be thinking atleast 250 fifty have played/registered squads by the 16th.
Add in the multiple alternates one may have,
And you have yourself atleast 300 accounts participating.

Now,
Unless they bring about a few more bots inside this game,
I don't think any more changes will be made in the future.
iI'll agree there might be around 250 players that signed in at one time or another, but I'm taking into account that a number of them got turned off at the complete lack of interactivity in combat. Also, the number of people who won't have registered a squad for the tourney and just assume that the one squad they have will be chosen for it. (considering the complete lack of instruction in that field.)
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: CC " suggestions for my setup"   CC " suggestions for my setup" EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 6:32 am

I believe the numbers are a lot more than that,

I think it's upwards 600.
Back to top Go down
Nexblade
Newcomer
Newcomer
Nexblade

PostSubject: Re: CC " suggestions for my setup"   CC " suggestions for my setup" EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:02 am

personally i agree that there might be from 300-500 players based on the numbers i remember from cosmicbreak the channel select screen, but the numbers might be double due to different timezone Neutral

but staying on topic my new squad has a 85.71% ever since i made the change Like a Star @ heaven

battles 14
win 12
loss 2

Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

PostSubject: Re: CC " suggestions for my setup"   CC " suggestions for my setup" EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 2:25 am

Hyoka wrote:
I believe the numbers are a lot more than that,

I think it's upwards 600.

The amount of registered squads might be actually close to that number,
But the people who actually spent more time that just logging in to collect their Zero Fighter would easily fill in the spaces,
And thus become easy targets for the more planned out squadrons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CC " suggestions for my setup"   CC " suggestions for my setup" Empty

Back to top Go down

CC " suggestions for my setup"
Page 1 of 1