Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Short Story] Café au Lait

Go down 
+5
Stickboy
WiFi
colfenor1337
KoumakanScarlet
Valkyrie
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

[Short Story] Café au Lait Empty
PostSubject: [Short Story] Café au Lait   [Short Story] Café au Lait EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 5:48 pm

A/N: Yeah this isn't really like, a drawing or illustration of sorts, but I guess this flies as well. I was dying to do this for a while, but kept setting it back at a later date. I guess I'm tired of procrastinating it any further I guess.

-------
New York has always been a big city, big enough to get lost for hours. What most people don't know, is that New York has a lot of secret spots. Hidden passages, shops that sell illegal stuff: New York has it all. This story takes place at one of those places: the hidden café called Café au lait. It's a café where the rich, the powerfull, the famous and the influentual get toghether. A place hidden to common people, where the socialites don't have to worry about being seen.
----

Part 1

'Ah, I'm almost late!,' I yelled at no one particular when I run off to my hoverbike. She's a beauty, but she cost me  a lot. Not that I couldn't afford it. My job is nice and pays well. I get into the cockpit, and start the engine when I think that. The dark blue hoverbike made light zooming sound when it starts lifting up. I never get used to this feeling. I turn off the autopilot system and drive towards the main road. Luckily enough the traffic isn't bad. Just to be sure I turn on the camouflage mode I had the research & development team of some pmc I know. It's techniqually illegal, but I can't really risk being followed.

The sunset fades away as I park my hoverbike in the café's underground parking lot. Unseen I walk to a small door in the underground, that leads to the café. After sliding my employers card in the small box located near the door, a myriad of scents invade my nose as I enter the café; making me feel at home. It's not packed, but there's already a good number of people sitting at their tables, sipping their drinks.

On my way to my office, a young familiar blonde waves at me. As I get closer to her, the blonde girl suddenly jumps at me, attempting to hug me. 'Laz, Laz, I'm so happy to see you!,' she squeals as she locked me into her arms. 'R-Resha, you're crushing me'. 'Ah, sorry~' 'It's really been a while since the last time I've spoken to you. How's your band going? I heard you guys were planning to go on tour.' 'The band is going fine, it's a lot of work but at the end I'm very happy to be able to do this. It's not really a tour, we're just having some gigs in different countries. But this is already a lot. Really laz, I'm so grateful towards you. I feel like working here and meeting a manager through your guidance was all part of His bigger plan. Really, thank you.' I was a bit perplexed at Resha's sudden burst of gratitude. Some customers were starting to look here. 'I-It's ok, I didn't do that much. By the way, where's Eris?,' I quickly add to change the topic. 'Eris is at home playing games. Orin is doing some promotional work with her violin. Some game company needed her to perform at a small conference or something. Aimi-chan is at home as well. She's too tired to go shopping with me,' Resha said in a sulky manner. 'Aimi huh,' I muttered. If I recall, after I got both Resha and Eris in touch with an acquaintance, there was a plan to present them as a duo to the record label's higher ups through an audition that they'd form a duo. However, when they were waiting the results of their audition, they met Orin in the waiting lobby. After that, they heard that their audition was good, but that the higher ups of the record label thought there was something missing. Orin, who by then was done with her job, offered to give them a guided tour around the building. During the tour they met with the CEO's niece, Aimi. 'Eh, Laz? Laz, are you there?,' Resha asked while lightly tapping my shoulder.

'Oh? Ah, sorry. I was trying to remember how you guys became a band. What happened when you guys met Ami in the building?' 'So that's why you looked so distracted. After Orin decided to show us around, Eris really wanted to see the record studio. We got a bit lost, and then we ended up in a soundproof room, where we saw Aimi-chan. At that time we didn't know she was the Ceo's niece. That cute, small girl was drumming as if she were in a trance. It was really impressive. I tripped over a cable and ended up startling her,' Resha explained. 'But that doesn't really explain how you guys became a band'. 'Yeah, I was getting to that part. We explained Aimi-chan why we were here, and asked if it was ok for us to use some instruments. Eris proposed to jam toghether. We had a good chemistry from the start. With Aimi-chan on the drums, Orin as bassist, Eris as lead guitarist and me as vocalist we played some songs for a while. In the meantime, the manager found out we were jamming together and registered our jamming session. He then called us over, saying he liked our jam session. Then he asked if we were interested in forming a band.'

'So that's when you officially became a band?,' I asked. I totally forgot that there was something I had to do, but I'm only taking orders from the CEO anyways. 'Actually, no,' Resha responded. ' Eris and me immediately said yes, but Aimi-chan and Orin weren't that into it. Aimi-chan explained how she was here because her parents sent her to her uncle and ask her if he had some work for her, She was told to wait, so she said that she had to ask her uncle if she could form a band with us. Orin on the other hand, was already a bit known as a violinist and was working for a client of the record label. Since her contract wouldn't expire until 6 months, she was in a bind. The manager tried convincing us, that we could work around the problems, as long as the higher ups are ok with it. One of the higher ups happened to overhear the conversation, and quickly made a call to her  colleagues and the CEO. After they heard of the situation, and after hearing the jamsession, they decided to give us a try. They said we'd get trained for 6 months, so that after Orin's job was over, we'd work towards forming a band.'

'Ah, it's good to hear you guys were given a chance. Your efforts really paid out,' A young woman behind us said. That low, yet feminine voice could only belong to one person. 'Hi, Katalina,' I said as I turned to greet her. She was dressed in a black, tailored suit; she probably just finished working, I thought as I briefly inspected her. Resha slightly bowed to greet her. 'Hi Resha-san and Laz-dono,' Katalina replied. That formal way of speech is due to her being Lala's manager. 'I noticed you changed your hairstyle Katalina. I like your pony tail, you should really let your hair grow out more,' I teased. 'A-Ah, this? Ahum. I-It's a suggestion of Lala,' Katalina replied while blushing. 'Katalina-san, are you going to join us for a drink? Should I order something for you?,' Resha asked. 'Actually, I came here to pick you up. I ran into Orin while I was done working. She wanted you to pick her up, since she didn't take her car. She said you'd probably go say hi to Laz-dono, so I took a quick taxi. You've drunk right? I'll drive you back and pick up Orin as well. Laz-dono, sorry I can't stay for long. I'll make it up to you next time ok? Resha-san, do you have all your belongings with you?' 'Yes~,' Resha answered politely. 'Thank you for taking care of Resha-san, Laz-dono. Well then, we'll make our leave.' 'It's ok Katalina, I had a good time as well. I'll take you up on your offer then. Give me a call when you think you have some space in your schedule,' I told her when she was about to leave. She gave Resha a small nudge, who turned around to bow politely. After that, they left.

Well then, I better head to my office and get to work. The night is young, but my work is far from done.
----

Critics, commnents are welcome (you may tear me down, but please take it easy D: )

Last edited by Valkyrie on Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
KoumakanScarlet
Dirty Nurse♥
KoumakanScarlet

PostSubject: Re: [Short Story] Café au Lait   [Short Story] Café au Lait EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 7:54 pm

Wow, this is really good. I like the light-hearted atmosphere in this story.

I also noticed several typos and errors in this but, whatever. Keep it goin' Valk, I'll be waiting for the next chapter! (if you write it or something)
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

Male Posts : 1868

PostSubject: Re: [Short Story] Café au Lait   [Short Story] Café au Lait EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 11:53 pm

Nice fanfiction! Hope to read more from you soon! Smile
Back to top Go down
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
WiFi

Female Posts : 3107

PostSubject: Re: [Short Story] Café au Lait   [Short Story] Café au Lait EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 2:31 am

pls continue this.... it's good....

Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: [Short Story] Café au Lait   [Short Story] Café au Lait EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 4:22 am

i liek how you include aimi in dis fanfiction, lol
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: [Short Story] Café au Lait   [Short Story] Café au Lait EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 6:58 am

Moved.

Artwork -> Player Content

It fits better here imo.
Also, the ------------ stretches the forum like mad. ( ・_・)
Back to top Go down
LazFlamme
(?) About Bastagant
LazFlamme

Female Posts : 3099

PostSubject: Re: [Short Story] Café au Lait   [Short Story] Café au Lait EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:11 am

I just realized that the main character in the story is me. Or is it?
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: [Short Story] Café au Lait   [Short Story] Café au Lait EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 10:58 am

Stickboy wrote:
i liek how you include aimi in dis fanfiction, lol
I originally wanted to make a oneshot. Then I wanted to put Resha in the story, as a waitress. I quickly came with the idea of making her part of a band, like her revamp in cb. Then I needed a bassist and a drummer, cause a duo would be lame imo. I thought of putting Orin there, but I still needed a drummer. I wanted the drummer to be the baby doll of the group, so I needed a cute name. I don't know Aimi-chan, but I thought her name was cute. So that's why I chose Aimi.

blead wrote:
Moved.

Artwork -> Player Content

It fits better here imo.
Also, the ------------ stretches the forum like mad. ( ・_・)
Ah, sorry for making you work. I'll change the ----.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: [Short Story] Café au Lait   [Short Story] Café au Lait EmptySat May 10, 2014 8:57 am

Part 2

*bump*

A/N: I've been wanting to do this for a while, but I procrastinated a lot. My bad. I hope this one will be as fun as the previous one.
-----

It's been a month since Valentine's day, and it seems like things are returning to normal. Celebrating White Day is pretty rare around here. I guess some people of Chinatown might celebrate, but I don't know.I do know that a certain person has started a restaurant that sells the famed moon dango. They only just started, but they're already very popular. The shop owner is, how should I say it: troublesome. There are rumors about her being a royalty of some country far away. Even her personnel is thought to actually be her retainers. One is very serious, and seems to be in charge with everything related to finance. The other one seems to be in charge of eating without permission and does menial tasks. Their cook is nice, but I think she's a robot or something like that.

I interrupt my thoughts as I arrive home. Everything seems normal, but it still feels weird. Were the flowers always arranged this way? I can't remember. The air has a tinge of milk when I enter. After the routine of taking off my shoes and hanging my jacket on the coat rack, I hear a familiar voice singing. It's the voice of my childhood friend Miruru. She was supposed to be on a modeling job in Italy though. Why is she here? Before I even call out to her, the sound of something falling was coming from the kitchen. When I rush over I witness Miruru wearing an apron, covered in some white sauce. 'I-I was trying to make dinner. I think I spaced of, ehehehe~' 'Ah, just when I cleaned the kitchen yesterday. First go upstairs to the shower to clean yourself, I'll handle the mess here.'

After I cleaned up the mess Miruru made, I offered her to go eat at a restaurant downtown. 'W-Why are we in this restaurant?,'I wonder when we're waiting for a table in the Cresent Moon, because it's really packed. Yes, the new restaurant that opened in Chinatown, the one with that troublesome owner. I hope she's too busy to notice me. 'Aww come on Laz! It's been a while since we saw each other, let's catch up!' 'It's just that I'm trying to avoid the shop owner. She can be a bit...intense. Ah nevermind, let's just enjoy ourselves tonight. By the way, how did you know this restaurant, Miru?' 'Ah, I kind of stayed at your place for a day or three now. I was done with my modeling job in Italy, so I wanted to pay you a visit. But you were never came home so I stayed for a while to surprise you. Walking around town, I heard these rumours about this popular new restaurant in Chinatown.' And all this time, you didn't even think of calling me once? I see your air headedness hasn't changed at all, I muttered.'Sorry Miru, I've been so busy at work lately that I practically slept there. 'I didn't notice while we were talking, but someone appeared behind the reception desk. A cold gaze from two inhumanlike eyes fixated us while trying to get our attention.'Ah, eh, sorry,' I quickly say while poking Miruru, who also apologized after that. 'It's ok, I just arrived. There's a table ready for you. Please follow me.'There was something weird about this receptionist. The way she talked, the way she walked...robotlike. I expel my thoughts as we arrive at our table. There, a waitress that really looks like the receptionist gave us the menu. 'Sorry that we're so busy, please accept some of our delicious moon dango as an apology,' she said as she bowed before leaving. A few minutes later, a waiter brought us some moon dango. His way of walking was a bit too stiff, must be the nerves. 'These moon dango are great! Don't space out Laz, have some too!' 'I won't let you tell me that a second time,' I joked as I take one moon dango.

We were fully enjoying dinner, as a particular scene developped in front of us. A black haired girl, no older than we were, came running out of the kitchen with what looked like a pile of moon dango buried in her hands. Looks like she was running from something. Running and eating. 'KOORRAAA! MOMIJI, GET BACK HERE THIS INSTANT!' That loud, commanding voice belonged to the girl who now runs out the kitchen. Icy blue hair that played a contrast to her fierce, burning eyes was now jumping upside down as she chased the girl with the moon dango. Momiji hovewer, didn't seem to care as she deftly danced around the tables. At one point, the blue haired girl lost Momiji. The customers were laughing and commenting on how Momiji did one of her ninja tricks. 'I guess she lost her', I whisper to Miru. She slowly nodded, but seemed to have fixated her stare to one particular area. As I follow her gaze, I immediately understand why Miru was so fixated on that direction. There, between the groups sitting at their table, was Momiji blending in with the group of young guys and girls who seemed like they were having a good time. If it weren't for that hairpin she had in her hair, I wouldn't have recognized her. Like a predator, the blue haired girl slowly moved closer to Momiji's table. I couldn't tell if she had found out yet, but I knew that she grasped the direction of which Momiji would be hiding from her. Suddenly she turned and showed her back to the group where Momiji was, and started looking around as if she was still looking for Momiji. 'Where did that Momiji go? Always goofing off, eating our stock... She got fatter again because she keeps eating but she doesn't know it!' The girl with the blue hairs kept on ranting and mumbling, as some of the customers looked a bit frightened. The ones who looked like they were regulars, seemed to feign their fear of the blue haired girl. Behind the girl with the blue hair, a tiny voice could be heard whilst sobbing. 'Kagura you meanie..I only gained 3 kilograms... I'll work it off later,' she barely managed to say while tears fell of her face. 'Hey hey, is that the only part that mattered to you?,' I mumbled whilst looking at the scene that was being played out in front of the customers. I wanted to comment on what was happening to Miru, but she was so focussed on what was happening between Kagura and Momiji that she didn't seem like she would react right away. 'Hey hey, what's the hold up? It's pretty busy here, we don't have the time to play cat and mouse. Momiji, I need your help to go fetch something at Fung's place. He's waiting for you to pick it up. Kagura, mr. Bates has called. Something about the new shipment. We don´t have the time to relax just yet, so please go go go!' The voice who sent Momiji and Kagura back to work belonged to a young, green haired woman. Her black and dark green evening dress seemed pretty casual, but the way she wore it made it seem elegant. 'Ah, it's her. Great. Just great.' 'Laz, are you on bad terms with her? You did say she was a bit intense, but did something happen between the two of you?,' a puzzled Miru asked. 'Just wait. You'll see for yourself as soon as she gets here,' I replied.

And indeed, waving green hair belonging to a young woman was making it's way here. Moving with grace, the young woman passed as awe inspired customers were making way for her; until she stopped at our table. 'My my, what do we have here? If it isn't the Lazflamme Ashcroft I've been hearing so much about. Stil working for that mysterious café, I presume?' The green haired woman seemed to laugh with squinted eyes. To me however, those eyes were just concealing a fierce fighting spirit. 'Would you not name the place where I work so casually?,'I hissed in a hushed voice. I didn't want to comment on her pretending we haven't met before, the less I mind her antics the better. 'Ahahaha, my bad. I see you're not alone?,' she said as she turned towards Miru, who until now was a spectator who didn't know what to say in this situation. 'Eh? Ah, eh, yes I do. N-No I mean, yes I'm a friend of Laz. I'm Miruru del Briccolate, but you can call me Miru.' As expected, Miru was dozing off. 'Del Briccolate.. Isn't that the Italian household that's on the forefront of Italian gastronomy? Heh, I didn't know you had such high profile friends Laz! Ah sorry, that was rude. I am a member of the Tsukuyomi household. I am the princess of the moon capital, Tsukuyomi Mikoto. Since where I come from we start with the family name first, you can call me Mikoto.' We haven't noticed before, but the people around us were listening too. It began small, but eventually the whole place was musing about "The moon goddess and her high class friends". Looks full of awe were staring at us, and rumours were going left and right. I think I even caught an old woman do a cross sign and shed a tear, after looking at the sky as if she had witnessed a miracle. And Mikoto was enjoying this moment. Admist of it all, she was waving left and right, as if she was surrounded by her loyal subjects. 'Ok we have a nice atmosphere going on and everyone is happy, so why not make it even better! Tonight, it's all on the house! Consider this a gift!' And Mikoto had a blast in doing this. She knew that the people would go wild. Screams of joy and excitement filled the restaurant, and I think people outside heard us loud and clearly.'For a restaurant, there's nothing as good as publicity, isn't there?,' I tried to tell Miru but it was futile. Miru was going along with the crowd, screaming of joy and laughing with people she just met. Or rather, she was at the vanguard of the crowd, feeding off their enthusiasm just like Mikoto. 'I'm glad you noticed, as expected of my rival,' a cheery Mikoto said. 'Anko, you there? ANKO!' A little later, a young woman appeared in front of us. The light of the restaurant collored her hair orange, as two big green eyes stared at us. She gave off the same robotic feel as the other employees we've seen here. Yet at the same time her slightly short stature and her short twintails made one think that she's a child. 'Oh? I see you're interested? I wanted to introduce you to my chef de cuisine Anko. She's cute right? Like, you'd want to steal her away right? Too bad you can't have her,' Mikoto jested. Anko however, turned red and started making stuttering sounds as if she was malfunctioning. 'Chef de cuisine? I thought Kagura was your chef de cuisine. If anything, Anko reminds me of our commis.' 'No no, Kagura is our chef manager. She handles things like ordering and purchasing of inventory, and other stuff that need managing. In the kitchen, Anko is the one who makes the rules. Allow Anko to prove you wrong,' Mikoto said as she turned to Anko. She seems to have calmed down a bit, even if she still has some spasms. 'Anko, me and my friends would like to eat. Would you prepare us a feast? Tonight we're going all out!'

'Puhah, I'm so full,' I sighed as I step outside Miru's car. 'Yeah me too. I wonder if I'll keep my figure after I've eaten so much,' Miru said worryingly. 'Oh please Miru, you never gain any fat at all! Normal people like me still have to excercise.' 'Ara? I've seen your abs, you are hardly normal,' Miru replied. 'I still want to know though: Laz, did you have fun? I know I had a blast but did you?' 'Yeah I had a blast. It's not like I'm Mikoto's enemy, it's just that she sees me as a rival and she can be quite a handfull. Oh, I need to tell you how we met.' We were on the verge of entering my house when the door suddenly opened. 'How long are you two going to stand outside chitchatting?,' a grey haired woman standing in the doorway interjected. The stern look in her eyes didn't soften after we entered my house, and the black robe she wore made me think of witches. Wait, I know this person. How could I forget her?

'EMMA?'

---

wow I really took a long time writing the second part. I eventually got to the point that I already know what I want to do with the third part. Thank you for reading and I hope to hear your thoughts on it ^^
Back to top Go down
WiFi
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
WiFi

Female Posts : 3107

PostSubject: Re: [Short Story] Café au Lait   [Short Story] Café au Lait EmptySat May 10, 2014 9:47 am

Thanks for the continuation~ I love it

Please keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: [Short Story] Café au Lait   [Short Story] Café au Lait EmptySat May 10, 2014 10:59 am

a brief note on formatting:
every time a new person speaks, it should have it's own paragraph. This is to clear up that a new person is talking. You have a lot of REALLY long paragraphs where multiple characters talk back and forth, it's easy to lose track of who is saying what. Also when it's dialog ending and then new dialog starting with nothing in between, it just looks strange to read.

for example,

"gee I sure love videogames" said eris. "Resha don't you like videogames?" "I do not like videogames, I am a priest." "wow resha you are very boring." eris pouted.

would become

"gee I sure love videogames" said eris. "Resha don't you like videogames?"

"I do not like videogames, I am a priest."

"wow resha you are very boring." eris pouted.

One character saying two different things with a gap doesn't need to be separated by paragraph, just when someone else says something.

From this format, it becomes easier to add in descriptive text, like what a character is doing, facial expression, etc. as they say whatever it is they are saying.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

PostSubject: Re: [Short Story] Café au Lait   [Short Story] Café au Lait EmptySat May 10, 2014 12:06 pm

Thanks Winty, I'll try to better that. I was a bit scared of stretching the forums. But yeah it does feel awkward when reading it.
Back to top Go down
Raniko
Megane breaking a cane
Megane breaking a cane

Male Posts : 119
Location : In some private land in Arcantus(sometimes in Wapiti's dimension)

PostSubject: Re: [Short Story] Café au Lait   [Short Story] Café au Lait EmptySun Mar 19, 2017 2:49 am

after reading that "the place that we belong" arc, this story kinda fits for an aftermath of CS-chan's defeat [SUGOI experiment], where C.A.(cosmic ark) is in peace and everyone is living in some industrial world or somthn. But hey, can I use a bit of this to make some continuing story?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Rakorakoe1/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Short Story] Café au Lait   [Short Story] Café au Lait Empty

Back to top Go down

[Short Story] Café au Lait
Page 1 of 1