Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Has anyone done any official Float Dash testing?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NEXT
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NEXT

Has anyone done any official Float Dash testing? Empty
PostSubject: Has anyone done any official Float Dash testing?   Has anyone done any official Float Dash testing? EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 12:41 am

I was testing Float Dash between my bots, but I can't really tell what governs the properties of Float Dash. Hell - According to the footage, it's the same accross the board except more fly is more distance andt that's like it.

Has any official testing been done so I can get a better idea of what is going on?
Back to top Go down
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pork Chop

Male Posts : 359

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone done any official Float Dash testing?   Has anyone done any official Float Dash testing? EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 7:12 pm

Across the forums I've encountered that there is no Breakpoint chart for Float dash available yet, but for the Short Boost and Boost Run chart breakpoints for LND and Non-LND are available. I haven't seen a specific answer to your question either. Also not to mention Float Dash Backwards has a shorter distance. There's just a slight difference between Forward and Sideward Float Dash.
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone done any official Float Dash testing?   Has anyone done any official Float Dash testing? EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 7:30 pm

the initial speed of Float Dash is around 40FLY.

Just Dash and hold your movement. its gonna be -probably- the same distance.

but yeah, having a large fly base means you can zoom a farther distance.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
NEXT
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
NEXT

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone done any official Float Dash testing?   Has anyone done any official Float Dash testing? EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 11:50 pm

Alright, so post footage and after like 2 years of discussion on the forums, can we safely say walk has no bearing on Float Dash? That's pretty much the final nail, here.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone done any official Float Dash testing?   Has anyone done any official Float Dash testing? EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 12:09 am

No, I just found out that FD does scale off of WLK, hence Ivis' ability to get it.

Trippy, I know.
Back to top Go down
darkflared
Molcars Partying
Molcars Partying

Male Posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone done any official Float Dash testing?   Has anyone done any official Float Dash testing? EmptyThu Nov 14, 2013 12:57 am

I believe float dash is based on your highest movement stat which would explain why the 29 wlk vs 28 fly looked similar but the 40 fly vs 29 wlk shows 40 fly gaining more distance. You can do more tests to see if the sum of wlk+fly affects the total distance.
I would suggest to use the roofs of angel academy to do tests since it is made of tiles which you can use as rulers and straight paths.

*edit: after my own tests, 19 wlk + 14 fly is slightly less distance than 19 fly + 14 wlk. So float dash is affected by fly more than wlk.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anyone done any official Float Dash testing?   Has anyone done any official Float Dash testing? Empty

Back to top Go down

Has anyone done any official Float Dash testing?
Page 1 of 1