Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish

Go down 
+3
Airiri
Samui
Pork Chop
7 posters
AuthorMessage

A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish Empty
PostSubject: A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish   A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 9:50 pm

Okay, after acquiring a bunch of rather useful and rare parts, mostly out of luck, I figured I'd attempt making this one build for my Garulabird Sadie that I happen to own. I never really thought that I'd find much use in Garulabird Sadie, until now. This will be a tough one to finish, but quite thankfully I own a good number of the parts for it already, so it's a good start here.

Overall, this build is going to be a "Buriden" style build designed specifically for LVL5 Limit Rooms. I know Buridens aren't much nowadays, but it will also have 3X Clearance, which also blocks booster drain, and therefore makes it more effective and such. Plus, with the special parts I own for this, it will be a bit better than your average Buriden. Besides, I only plan to use it in LVL5 Rooms, so that won't be a problem. I also really enjoy AIR robots, and this one should be interesting for me.

This is what I plan to do for this Garulabird Sadie build.
Spoiler:

Also, for sake of convenience, this is what I have so far for it. This is so you can see the start I have now, and to show the RT parts I currently own towards this (pretty much all of them now).
Spoiler:

What do you think? Any thoughts on this?
I know this will be very hard to finish, but I will certainly try my best at it.

EDIT: I now have the Blitz Blaster and the Izuna LG, as well as a pair of Initone AMs (which work better towards this). I have all the parts, now I just need to finish the tune-ups

Last edited by Armored Entity on Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:04 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pork Chop

Male Posts : 359

A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish   A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:31 pm

So you're telling me your mobility completely relies on Shaden BS2? Are you building a Kamikaze Bot? #em3

Anyways does the Garula Bird Sadie have a built-in weapon? Because non-homing blasters seems to be outdated for me to be in use in Arena. #em3.5 

40 TEC in a lvl 5 only room is an overkill. #em1 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish   A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 10:41 pm

Pork Chop wrote:
So you're telling me your mobility completely relies on Shaden BS2? Are you building a Kamikaze Bot? #em3

Anyways does the Garula Bird Sadie have a built-in weapon? Because non-homing blasters seems to be outdated for me to be in use in Arena. #em3.5 

40 TEC in a lvl 5 only room is an overkill. #em1 
Garulabird Sadie has a built-in aerial tackle attack. Not much, but at least a built-in melee, and the tackle works as a sort of midair dash move when used in midair.

And yes, that's exactly the plan. 40 TEC overkill, but also sort of Kamikaze too. Also the first time I've really attempted a Kamikaze style robot.

Here's a few examples of the type of AIR builds that a Buriden is like (which is what I'm trying for with my Garulabird Sadie).
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t9646-buridens-and-related-variants
Back to top Go down
Pork Chop
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Pork Chop

Male Posts : 359

PostSubject: Re: A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish   A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish EmptySat Oct 19, 2013 11:11 pm

I studied Blitz blaster... and it fire 9 projectiles per shot! Surprised Chaos 

You already have the Shaden BS, but the problem is where do you get this Blitz Blaster? Or any weapon that can perform like this? #em3

But yep, the weapon is good for breaking anything fat or slow moving but not recommended vs. long range and fast moving. Generally PS-Breaking as the link you posted suggested.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish   A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 6:28 pm

Okay, now thanks to the new Friendship Rewards, I now have the Blitz Blaster. I finally have all the parts for this build. Now all that's left is to do all the tuning up.

EDIT: Also I got Initone AM's, which work better for this build than Air Raider AM's do. I am all ready!

Also, I recently got Steel Burn, and his LG might make this build better, by giving 20 more HP, at the cost of some TGH (but not much)

Here's my other version with Steel Burn LG instead of Izuna LG.
Spoiler:

Last edited by Armored Entity on Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:08 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Samui
Armed Teddy
Armed Teddy

Male Posts : 833

PostSubject: Re: A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish   A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 11:09 pm

Personally, I'd make Garulabird BD2 an AIR melee build. It's BD is great for charging at enemy AIR types.

Garulabrid BD2 + Satyx BS (If you have boosters that can aid you in using its BD better, replace the BS):

If you have Brave Drive BS, that may work better.:
Just my opinion on Garulabird Sadie though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish   A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 6:26 pm

I hate to bump the topic a ton, but I'd like to mention that I'm finally 100% Finished with the build.

Also, thanks to Drives, it's even more badass. Now Boost Drain is less effective, and the Shaden BSs last longer.

Look here!
A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish YyW2Szd

It does rock! Usually I fly straight to the enemy Power Spot with this and then blast away. With a Hyper Shot, it usually busts the Power Spot in less than a minute, and can defeat a lot of enemies quickly too, racking up huge score! What do you think of that?
Back to top Go down
Samui
Armed Teddy
Armed Teddy

Male Posts : 833

PostSubject: Re: A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish   A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 10:54 pm

Looks pretty cool. I'm looking forward to seeing it in arena.
Back to top Go down
Airiri
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Airiri

Female Posts : 166

PostSubject: Re: A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish   A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish EmptyTue Sep 06, 2016 11:30 pm

You spent 1400 cost on a unit that can break powerspots in under a minute, while quad csg airs can do it in under five seconds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish   A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 12:04 am

Samui wrote:
Looks pretty cool. I'm looking forward to seeing it in arena.

I've already used it a couple times in Arena. It's pretty good, and usually gets me a lot of score quickly. Especially the triple Clearance helps with stuff like Waste Booster and Booster Drain Problems! Though there are some downsides about it, mostly because it's usefulness is limited (i.e when both Shaden BSs run out, it's a sitting duck), but it's still useful at least to me. Best used in shorter matches.

Airiri wrote:
You spent 1400 cost on a unit that can break powerspots in under a minute, while quad csg airs can do it in under five seconds.

Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish   A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 12:35 am

Burst delay debuff rip
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish   A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 10:49 am

Kuzuha wrote:
Burst delay debuff rip

That's what the 3x Clearance on the LG is for.
Back to top Go down
Airiri
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Airiri

Female Posts : 166

PostSubject: Re: A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish   A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 11:46 am

Armored Entity wrote:
Airiri wrote:

Okay, I'm gonna take this down part by part.

First off, I know what a buriden is. They've been replaced by quad csg airs and quad csg beryls, especially beryls with their ridiculous speed despite having no stats whatsoever.

Let's go.

A: -Extremely fast, to the point where even tuned homing weapons can be dodged easily
1. The best homing weapon we had back then was Ballistic Launcher. We've since then gotten missiles that have even stronger tracking than that, furthermore, they cannot be messed with by movement and home far more properly. Secondly, that is "fast" by 2012 standards. He's talking about a meta four years old.

B: -Massive scorewhores - 10k score off contrib alone is not only possible but frequent
2. In an era where people thought killing AG was difficult. Your cost inherently is 1400. Getting that much score off of contrib and dying accomplishing nothing but killing a PS for maybe 500-1000~ bp but dying for far more than that is not something you want to be doing. Especially if you ever actually get score that high, you're going to die for upwards of 2000.

C: -Highly durable as well as having massive damage output
3. Your health here is 525. Your TGH won't save you from burst. You will move in one of two ways, either holding down a strafe key or trying to strafe in place, both of which slow Shaden BS down immensely and make you extremely predictable, meaning you're going to get shredded fast. Furthermore Blitz Blaster doesn't have "massive" damage, even for 2012 standards, and certainly not by 2016 standards.

D: -Few people play Buriden counters; even fewer are good enough to be threatening anyway
4. In 2016, a standard art could decimate a buriden. Between deathballs, status debuffs, and just outright hardstun and boost drain from other airs, a large air like that is going to get screwed over fast. Let's not mention antlion cannons and art nukes.

There are units that probably cost just as much but accomplish the same job far faster, and in most situation, safer as well. Killing the PS head on is stupid in this meta, which is why everyone who breaks the PS on a daily basis tries to be stealthy about how they approach it these days. You spend upwards of a minute breaking the PS. They can do it in seconds.

You're not going to listen, though.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish   A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 12:55 pm

buridens died during katalina alpha meta. They never recovered.
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

Male Posts : 4840

PostSubject: Re: A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish   A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 1:07 pm

what is a buriden?
Back to top Go down
Frizz
Busted
Busted

Male Posts : 2029

PostSubject: Re: A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish   A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Quote :
Buriden - Derived from ブリツ (buritsu; blitz, as in Blitz Blaster) and シャデン (shaden; x2 Shaden BS)
Back to top Go down
Maelstrom
Chased By Police
Chased By Police

Male Posts : 4840

PostSubject: Re: A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish   A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish EmptyWed Sep 07, 2016 1:16 pm

hum... I am not from that age...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish   A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish Empty

Back to top Go down

A Garulabird build I may not finish soon, but I will certainly try to finish
Page 1 of 1