Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Shooter path School Jace?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

Male Posts : 406

Shooter path School Jace? Empty
PostSubject: Shooter path School Jace?   Shooter path School Jace? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 3:52 am

Well Jace is one of the very few decent(?) bot I have
but I never got into making a build for him.
Random quick build:

Well currently unsure if I should use sway or short boost, and if I should
drop broad radar in favor of stun regain and more capa for weapon tuning.

I also don't think I'm using his trinity shot right :
Barrier shot = use it whenever an alphag goes shooting at me (or cover heal group with it?)
Shock shot = when a melee wants to hugs me
Ice shot = err...idk atm (does the ice aoe still give the debuff if they walked into it?)

Perhaps I should do some arenaing and test how to effectively use his trinity shot first.
Also, can his burst bullet ammo actually last till the end of a normal match? (without buff + ammo item)
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Shooter path School Jace?   Shooter path School Jace? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 4:23 am

yes they can walk into the ice after the bullet hits and it will still freeze them.
ice shot is to prevent people from attacking or escaping. It's to let your team shoot targets that are giving them a hard time. It fucks over anything with CV hard.
Back to top Go down
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

PostSubject: Re: Shooter path School Jace?   Shooter path School Jace? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 4:34 am

Thanks for the information Winty.

So Ice shot should be reserved for CV user and escaping enemy.

But if something like an Ivis charging at you, should I choose Ice shot over Shock?
(since ice will help me escape, while shock is easier to hit with its multiple aoe)
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Shooter path School Jace?   Shooter path School Jace? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 4:40 am

shock her when she runs at you - this prevents her from doing anything. Ice would be better used on things that shock does nothing against - like a hopper running circles around your healer or airs playing hit and run.
Ice is pretty much "stop what you are doing" and is the most general-purpose shot type. Shock has little use outside of hitting melee and the barrier is kind of strange to use on school jace - on the original you could just shoot it EVERYWHERE and annoy the hell out of people but the school version requires more thought.
Back to top Go down
Leriel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Leriel

PostSubject: Re: Shooter path School Jace?   Shooter path School Jace? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 4:47 am

You could also use barrier shot to block off any Seraph's Spasm attacks. Barrier Shot could serve as a pseudo road shield for teammates to walk through in a short amount of time.

Shock shot is pretty situational. You can use it on anyone who relies on stovl and super speedy BS like Jet accel bs and so on. Not really useful against melee bot since they can still move around and gank with main weapons. You could afford to use it against kagura, icy and other stupid bots with debuff/barrier sub abilities.

Ice shot is your most reliable damage dealing boolet among the 3 type that can freeze your enemies in their track. Anyone who got shot by it can't move and use neither main nor sub weapons if i recall correctly. Pretty awesome boolet to assist your teammates against melee foes.

When it comes to shooting demn pubs, you should consider which mobility carts that lets you shoot comfortably and easier with better accuracy in fight or flight situations. Avoid shooting long range targets with shock/ice boolets unless they are low in hp to avoid wasting ammo with a chance to miss by a huge margin. Unless you are confident about landing your shots correctly, you should use your pierce gun to damage your enemies and go close enough to them while maintaining a safe & accurate distance to use your special boolets.

Also, you could quickly swap your sub special boolets after freezing/shocking demn harmful enemies like 2013 moe boobs.
Eg: Freezing demn flying flaplinas and proceed to using shock boolets(most likely to stun them as well) to prevent them from using stovl and forcing them to float dash/short boost accel rolling, then repeat the process but it will cost you the loss of special boolets. But its a pretty good trade if they are the ones who are eating up your teammates the most.

Back to top Go down
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

PostSubject: Re: Shooter path School Jace?   Shooter path School Jace? EmptySat Aug 31, 2013 5:24 am

So basically shock melee and sub spammer and ice everything else that's attacking/retreating.
Guessing I should have broad radar then, since I need to be wary of what's coming.

I could use the shock on heal group so things like regina, lala or rone can't use their sub
and prevent buff. (if teamwork exist I could timed it with an attack just in case there's a
melee or two in the healgroup) I will use a barrier shot for seraph and their novas
or whenever I derp and get chased by multiple things that doesn't melee.

Well I pretty much use map object like rocks for cover, so I guess short boost
would be more viable for me.

So I need to have an awareness to my surrounding, and quick witted when using Jace.
(well I should have those when using any bot) I'm guessing Jace main role is to give debuff
and support teammates rather than go and try to be game warrior every round.
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

Male Posts : 1868

PostSubject: Re: Shooter path School Jace?   Shooter path School Jace? EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 6:06 am

Hope i'm not necro-ing this thread. Is the shot arts redundant/effective?
Back to top Go down
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

PostSubject: Re: Shooter path School Jace?   Shooter path School Jace? EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:21 am

The added melee thing?

Well it basically just depend on the player playstyle/preference.
I have it since I basically only do 1 vs 1 tf with my friend nowadays
and that usually means I have to fight close range so having it is a good thing.

So if you're not planning to fight people face to face better just take another cart.
Though i haven't really done a thorough play in arena so I might be wrong entirely.
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

PostSubject: Re: Shooter path School Jace?   Shooter path School Jace? EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:38 am

Okay thanks! Very Happy

I was hoping if it has any kind of blowback effect against ur target. Much like Heavy Chrotacs where the stabbed target get stun for awhile while being shot.
Back to top Go down
Nfi
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nfi

PostSubject: Re: Shooter path School Jace?   Shooter path School Jace? EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:47 am

it does the juggling thing that proc gold veil during the second hit

and does an okay job giving knockback (or perhaps it's jace's jump that make it seem so)
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

PostSubject: Re: Shooter path School Jace?   Shooter path School Jace? EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 7:52 am

haha k thanks Nfi! Glad to know I can use it defensively. Smile
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Shooter path School Jace?   Shooter path School Jace? EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 12:59 pm

Ice shot technically can function as a shield as well, as it creates an AoE that stops bullets.
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

PostSubject: Re: Shooter path School Jace?   Shooter path School Jace? EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 1:51 pm

That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:
Ice shot technically can function as a shield as well, as it creates an AoE that stops bullets.
Holy crap really? damn I gotta try this. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Shooter path School Jace?   Shooter path School Jace? EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 1:56 pm

colfenor1337 wrote:
That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:
Holy crap really? damn I gotta try this. Very Happy
Yes, but I'm not 100% sure this applies to thurisaz jace as much as eihwaz jace.
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

PostSubject: Re: Shooter path School Jace?   Shooter path School Jace? EmptySat Nov 30, 2013 2:51 pm

hurrrmmmm...it's ok I'll try it with friends later. Thanks CAV Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shooter path School Jace?   Shooter path School Jace? Empty

Back to top Go down

Shooter path School Jace?
Page 1 of 1