Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cosmic Ark Election Discussion

Go down 
+28
;)OwneD)
Halexander
Winty
Hinanawi_Tenshi
MagicPotatoplz
Frizz
eVe Heart
Zwiebel Force
zeando
Fireflywater
homin
kissofthehell
rei_hunter
Koiro
Magna.Zero
colfenor1337
NovaZero
Seeker of Power
That_Wiesel_Guy
StickyKeys
Stickboy
Yokura
Valkyrie
XiaoFu
Gerrion
zerocl
kyarashotgun
KidGlitch
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

Cosmic Ark Election Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:24 pm

So, I was thinking, it would be nice to know in advance what the votes on this would be like, and while CBFF players aren't exactly a statistically representative population, I thought it would be a good start.

While thinking about how to plan this effectively, I thought, "What if there was a way to shift votes in order to ensure that most players got a character that they wanted?" So, I came up with this: List the top 3 bots you want to have a "special prize" for, and we'll try to vote accordingly in order to maximize the chances that more people will get the bot they want. I'm working on an equation that should help us decide where to place our votes, which will be useful once we get enough data. I'm also going to write a program that reads through the text on this page so try to keep to the format I'm about to provide.

EDIT: Let's just turn this into a place to talk about the details surrounding this. Forget the whole data collection deal. My program is shitting itself anyway, thanks to my 10-minute frankenstein code job.

Last edited by KidGlitch on Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
kyarashotgun
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
kyarashotgun

Male Posts : 645

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:39 pm

1. Bazaar.
Back to top Go down
zerocl
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:41 pm

Koko
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:44 pm

Okay, now you're just trolling me.
Back to top Go down
zerocl

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:46 pm

I'm 100% fucking serious, we need to see a full sized Koko already (and her bad-ass demon Gaap)
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:49 pm

Is Koko even in the lineup?
Back to top Go down
zerocl

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:51 pm

Cosmic Ark Election Discussion 3RekN

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 3:57 pm

You have got to be kidding me.

Ah, well, this whole idea is kind of redundant if they have a ranking system. Requesting lock.
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:03 pm

One more thing, before this thread is locked.

Even if you do ask each person favorite's, don't forget that their gametime also reflects on the votes: the more they play, the more ballots, the more votes. So 3 players could have their vote count higher than 4 players, if the former ones play more than the latter ones.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:29 pm

Good point. Thanks for the help, Gerrion.
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:36 pm

or you can look at everyone's description below their avatar here, and look at "Favorite bots". Some has put their fav bots there.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:42 pm

Not altogether accurate. Too many factors could change the persons decisions. Better if they're able to just tell you.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie
Molcars Wearing Sunglasses

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 4:52 pm

XiaoFu wrote:
or you can look at everyone's description below their avatar here, and look at "Favorite bots". Some has put their fav bots there.
I believe my info is very accurate on this matter ☆〜(ゝ。∂)
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 5:42 pm

XiaoFu wrote:

Guess i'll need to update that then.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 7:22 pm

Where, where, where does it say anywhere that this will help get the bot anyone wants?

Isn't it more likely CS will make a new version of the most sought after bot and put it in a garapon? :c HOW IS THAT HELPING ANYONE GETTING ANYTHING?

If you just want to see your favorite bot win sure, but I really think people should stop thinking this will have anything to do with them getting a copy of their favorite bot.
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 7:54 pm

Tim
Back to top Go down
StickyKeys
Master Poster
Master Poster
StickyKeys

Male Posts : 2670

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 8:00 pm

1. CS
2. Koko
3. Bloom Maria

Three under-powered ones(still killed an Elisalotte with a beam machinegun+Koko Gaap). But most of my votes will probably go to Bloom since I never did had one.
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 10:01 pm

It's not ranking, it's chronological release order.

Astralyzer.
Back to top Go down
Valkyrie

Male Posts : 2457

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyThu Aug 01, 2013 10:10 pm

Yokura wrote:
Where, where, where does it say anywhere that this will help get the bot anyone wants?  

Isn't it more likely CS will make a new version of the most sought after bot and put it in a garapon?  :c  HOW IS THAT HELPING ANYONE GETTING ANYTHING?

If you just want to see your favorite bot win sure, but I really think people should stop thinking this will have anything to do with them getting a copy of their favorite bot.
Yfw one person already didn't read your post on this page. I think most people will still believe it. Just let their fantasies run wild.
Back to top Go down
Seeker of Power
Seeker of Power

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 12:59 am

Voting for Winberyl, Medi-Aide, and Mighty Byne Girl. Don't know the names on their parts and I'm not going to check.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 1:05 am

Quote :
Isn't it more likely CS will make a new version of the most sought after bot and put it in a garapon? :c HOW IS THAT HELPING ANYONE GETTING ANYTHING?
Time to rig the system so that everyone votes for Icy.
Back to top Go down
colfenor1337
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
colfenor1337

Male Posts : 1868

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 1:11 am

LazFlamme
Koko Gaap

Yep that's all i guess
Back to top Go down
Magna.Zero
Master Poster
Master Poster
Magna.Zero

Male Posts : 2895

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 1:18 am

Lily, Eve, and Rinka

because I really like HD Lily and Rinka's voice
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 1:32 am

1.)Jace
2.)Luto
3.)Ouka/Koko Gaap (Can't decide between either.)
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion EmptyFri Aug 02, 2013 3:04 am

Yokura wrote:

Isn't it more likely CS will make a new version of the most sought after bot and put it in a garapon?  :c  HOW IS THAT HELPING ANYONE GETTING ANYTHING?

Well... i dont mind seeing Eris in a school uniform, icy in a dress, mighty byne girl in construction worker, Zero Saber Girl as Zero Saber NEXT Girl andddddd Ivis in Full Adventure/Knight Outfit. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cosmic Ark Election Discussion   Cosmic Ark Election Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Cosmic Ark Election Discussion
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next