Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...

Go down 
+21
Alathon
ppxeno
beccadmgirl
sparhawk254
Richitt
necrodrakath
Astral_Dono
Axanael
kyarashotgun
rei_hunter
TrieDaEsprit
NovaZero
Kuzuha
Winty
Aurum_Sol
Yokura
ngelicdark
Relict?
Trill
Gawain
Zarkard
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Zarkard
Newcomer
Newcomer
Zarkard

Male Posts : 3

The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... Empty
PostSubject: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:17 pm

I quitted Cosmic Break around the time when Eris and Resha were just recently released. At that time, my score is always positive and
in the top 5 position...usually. But after I resumed Cosmic Break 2 months ago, my score became terrible, with about 60% of my scores
being negative. So, I feel that Cosmic Break should do something to help the ex-veterans play better. Since the ex-veterans usually
have high ranks and BR, they can't enter the Beginner Channel although they have lost their skills. Well, there's practically no solution to
this problem besides making the players themselves create another account and starting over again. The end.
Back to top Go down
Gawain
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:24 pm

implying that everything they've done to "help" has resulted in utter and complete failure,
you want more help?

what even
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:30 pm

Try beginner ruleset rooms.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 2:30 pm

Zarkard wrote:
I quitted Cosmic Break around the time when Eris and Resha were just recently released. At that time, my score is always positive and
in the top 5 position...usually. But after I resumed Cosmic Break 2 months ago, my score became terrible, with about 60% of my scores
being negative. So, I feel that Cosmic Break should do something to help the ex-veterans play better. Since the ex-veterans usually
have high ranks and BR, they can't enter the Beginner Channel although they have lost their skills. Well, there's practically no solution to
this problem besides making the players themselves create another account and starting over again. The end.

Favorite Bots: Ivis

Assuming you have her, I think this is probably because Ivis got nerfed pretty heavily, so your old build/playstyle probably won't suit the current version of her. Try looking at that first, and possibly adjust to suit her changes.

Though if you don't then, I don't really know :V

Maybe you're just rusty, but powercreep is pretty much why you're doing badly to be honest v: Just get used to what's fagging up arena and learn to play around it/counter it.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 3:06 pm

I came back recently as well (maybe three or so months ago now) and I quit even before Aila and Fia came out. Lol. Was in top 10 regularly before I left, still am right now.

If it's rustiness is the problem, let your BR drop while you get your bearings back. This game is really like riding a bicycle, and a lot of old players used homing weapons (READ. LESS SKILL INVOLVED.). I didn't really feel the rust and I hadn't touched the game in two years or so.

Unless you count my Ion. Ion's zook is a grenade arc and that's much more different so I can understand why is that with my brain. (in speaking of which, did they really nerf aqua walk? I can't hop nearly as well as I used to be able to and my god it's such a difference. It's like they nerfed quick land working in water or some shit).

Power creep was huge. Luckily I had EVE so that worked out for me to some degree (I had to change the way I built her though to make her function properly now) and playing hoppers made it a bit easier for me as well. Those things didn't change. I don't know if you ever played bots like those but they're still functioning okay, just not as well/easily as they were before.

The thing is though, if you're playing with untuned bots, you can forget doing that now (unless you want to wrack up like 8k cost and do less than 2.5k dmg ahue). Has to be at least tuned in mobility stats if you want to try to top 10 because most things out there now are fully tuned and/or part of the power creep bots. And if you were playing the trash bots before, they're most likely going to be even more trash now (I have some bots I'm building that were okay for the meta I used to play in, and now, they're just free BP).

Try to wean out the bots whose performance lets you move and deal damage without exploding before you either run out of ammo or halfway throughout the match (of course lots of exceptions, but unless you were playing something along the lines of machinlet all day everyday you shouldn't be bombing that hard) and work with those. If you have old die hard favorites, then try to revamp them to have higher mobility/broad radar/something else to make them live longer.

For example, you might want to convert your Ivis (probably original Ivis?) into a pierce gun hopper. She's fun (although getting her TEC to 40 is like...no.) and you can still use your favorite moe.

And run around and find some old "what happened here/what is new meta?" kind of topics. I've made one and I've read through like 2 other large ones. See what bots you own in those threads and see if you want to build them up to use them now.

If this seems like common sense, it is, but I point it out because it's the logical thing to do if you want to be able to compete in arena. Crying about it for CS to balance it, is too much to ask for. We create the meta with what tools they gave us, and they already started nerfing things (amazingly). Which is a nice thing.

Or charge moar RT/video spam and get lucky. It's all I can say.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 3:17 pm

Quick Land doesn't work in water with aqua walk, just fyi.
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 5:12 pm

> generally top 5
> a year away
> ~ 60% negative scores

start a new account until you feel good enough to use your old one again or only play rooms that limit the game to beginner ruleset.
i heavily doubt that either of the two options would fix your issues, though.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Trill wrote:
Zarkard wrote:
I quitted Cosmic Break around the time when Eris and Resha were just recently released

Assuming you have her, I think this is probably because Ivis got nerfed pretty heavily, so your old build/playstyle probably won't suit the current version of her. Try looking at that first, and possibly adjust to suit her changes.

I don't recall an ivis that was available at that time being nerfed heavily in the time he's been away.
that's just my memory though
l0l
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 6:51 pm

Winty wrote:
Trill wrote:
Zarkard wrote:
I quitted Cosmic Break around the time when Eris and Resha were just recently released

I don't recall an ivis that was available at that time being nerfed heavily in the time he's been away.
l0l

Zarkard wrote:
I quitted Cosmic Break around the time when Eris and Resha were just recently released.

I'm just guessing that he got her, as anyone who'd be able to score that well then otherwise would've been able to score -at least- in the positives
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 7:07 pm

i left after initium, just before wingsluts, and there was no hd ivis at the time.
like I'm just saying
dawg
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 7:10 pm

Trill wrote:
Winty wrote:
Trill wrote:

l0l

Zarkard wrote:
I quitted Cosmic Break around the time when Eris and Resha were just recently released.

I'm just guessing that he got her, as anyone who'd be able to score that well then otherwise would've been able to score -at least- in the positives

Ivis X got released after Initium. So I believe OP is talking about the original Ivis. Then again, he did mention quitting after Initium was released.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySat Jun 08, 2013 7:12 pm

Depends on his definition of "recently".
Back to top Go down
Zarkard
Newcomer
Newcomer
Zarkard

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 5:45 am

I never checked my grammar before I posted anything, so there are some contradicting words
here and there. I remembered that before I quitted that time, Boost Run and fast movement
were not so necessary. I usually kill Air bots with Melee weapons, but now I can't even catch up with them. My skills might really be rusted out since I can't even tell where Air units are when
they don't appear on radar. So, I guess I should just polish up my skills somehow.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 6:02 am

Don't go solo. Stay with the team and play defensively unless you see your entire team pushing. Since you're the type to use melee LNDs, prey only on ARTs. And even then, wait until they're isolated or busy attacking someone else.
Back to top Go down
TrieDaEsprit
3Legion
TrieDaEsprit

Male Posts : 2661

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 6:41 am

All the complaints of the poor gameplay experience seems to be rooted in ourselves rather than the game itself, the lack of practice is the root cause, well, it's like playing one of those NES game you haven't played since the last time you touched the NES, no matter how pro you are at something, if you stop the practice, you may probably lose your skill, it is said that you need to practice for two days for each day of practice you lose, so if you quit for two years, you are probably going to need to train for four years to be as good as you were, or double your training to make it two year, rather quadruple it to make it one year, or actually, octuple it to make it half a year, or you can also hexdecuple (or sexdecuple, I don't know what the tuple for 16 is) to make it three months, but then again....... who the heck play a game that serious?
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 7:51 am

also, if you're in high ranking rooms, the things that will kill you as an air bot are called Eves. They have almost unlimited flight if there's enough targets, that and they also reduce the range of your melees.

Anything else, well... just play an observe @_@

And if you're losing by negative score, aint that better for you? so you can play lower Br Rooms?
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
kyarashotgun
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
kyarashotgun

Male Posts : 645

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 8:15 am

rei_hunter wrote:
so you can play lower Br Rooms

Fucking pleb.
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 12:46 pm

Flapjack is king in this meta.
Back to top Go down
Zarkard
Newcomer
Newcomer
Zarkard

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 3:06 pm

I accidentally charged RT for my main account and got 2 Sylvia AX and 1 Eve, that's why I am
playing that seriously. And to get back in skill, I need some valuable victims to prey on, not
some AI or weak players. And, I completely suck at tune ups, it's hard for me to even move
as fast as the Art units, so I guess I'll just solo Berzelius for about 200 times or so. With enough
luck, I can finally tune my units to be fast enough to chase people, though I rarely have luck.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 3:12 pm

You kind of type like Milk.
He starts a new paragraph each sentence.
Except you break your sentences into new
paragraphs to keep them short.
Which isn't so bad.

Anyways, if you're going to be soloing any Bastagnant boss, go with Haku.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptySun Jun 09, 2013 3:21 pm

A. He does not type like milk.

B. 1* Berz is good for chips.
Back to top Go down
necrodrakath
Game Hater
necrodrakath

Other / Decline to state Posts : 606

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:12 pm

Quit again.
Back to top Go down
Richitt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Richitt

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:16 pm

Zarkard wrote:
I accidentally charged RT for my main account and got 2 Sylvia AX and 1 Eve, that's why I am
playing that seriously.

Goddddaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
sparhawk254
sparhawk254

Male Posts : 85

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 11:13 am

Anyone can tell me if Summer Gara is worth trolling rolling?
Back to top Go down
Richitt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Richitt

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... EmptyThu Jun 13, 2013 12:54 pm

sparhawk254 wrote:
Anyone can tell me if Summer Gara is worth trolling rolling?
id just save up and wait for the new gara that's going to come out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...   The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience... Empty

Back to top Go down

The 'Comeback' players of Cosmic Break's poor gameplay experience...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next