Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pulse gun/Electron gun

Go down 
+4
Aurum_Sol
Ryuuichiro
Suguri
Halexander
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Pulse gun/Electron gun Empty
PostSubject: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:19 am

Has anyone para tuned one of these things? If so, how was the stun rate? Does electron gun stun better?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:21 am

It's been a really long time since I've looked at either of these. If I remember right the stun rates between the two are the same and you want para tuning for it to really do anything if you're using it primarily for stun.
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:25 am

A wild suguri appears! I see no reason to use electron gun then. I guess more than one para is optimal? I'm sure you know what this is for Mad
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:28 am

I'm...not even sure if I was the one that did the testing on para tuned pulse guns. I can't even give you a ballpark estimate on what'd work.

I've got a bunch of 2s ones I can give to you next bazaar unless I accidentally ouka'd them if you want some to mess around with. I think for what you're looking for you'd want a Paralyzer though, as I know someone that runs that very build and it works quite well.

Then again I could be underestimating pulse gun stun rate too. As I said it's been forever (like, early 2011).
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:32 am

Don't have a paralyzer :/ Don't see one showing up anytime soon either unless you use your powers...
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:34 am

I was planning on requesting one in a few weeks, actually. :3
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:41 am

I need one. People don't save you if you aren't healing T-T (even if you are) Sup is suffering
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptySun May 12, 2013 4:58 am

there's a paralyzer on one of the starter bots...
iirc it comes with crimrose...not sure if that there's bazaarable or not but it's worth making an alt to consider getting it off of it
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptySun May 12, 2013 5:11 am

It is gara, so I really doubt it.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptySun May 12, 2013 5:12 am

ah...too bad then
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptySun May 12, 2013 8:36 am

iirc my double para pulsegun stuns just about everything in one hit, but i didnt do extensive tests because it failed its purpose.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptyThu May 16, 2013 10:51 am

I have an old paralyzer with 2s... And I know that there are some old threads with people tuning stun on their paralyzer...

Honestly with its high cost, I don't think it's really worth it. The stun IIRC doesn't last too long and the INT is like a beam gun. Damage sucks like one too. Maybe paralyze tuned SDC would be better? Idk, but unless this was a gimmick build you're probably better off with another gun.

If you want me to test something okay, I guess I could try if it sounds feasible. Not like I'm doing anything with it (unless I crimed it years ago Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
CapeMike
Master Poster
Master Poster
CapeMike

Male Posts : 2079

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptyThu May 16, 2013 11:12 am

The Pulse Gun/Electron Gun/Paralyzer gun series also suffers from accuracy issues...not much of an issue at short-range vs melee bots(which is what I tend to use them against)....

I remember having a Paralyzer during the last beta phase, and it's stun was quite noticeable, as I recall.... *ponders*
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptyThu May 16, 2013 3:22 pm

I para tuned one of my pulse guns. So far, it's 100% from my observation (or maybe I didn't encounter any 40 tgh bot yet). Drawbacks are: low damage, long int.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptyThu May 16, 2013 4:03 pm

reVelske uses a 2x's para tuned paralyzer on his Izuna and it stuns even my 40 TGH bots. You may want to ask him about it in-game.
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:22 pm

ngelicdark wrote:
I have an old paralyzer with 2s... And I know that there are some old threads with people tuning stun on their paralyzer...

Honestly with its high cost, I don't think it's really worth it. The stun IIRC doesn't last too long and the INT is like a beam gun. Damage sucks like one too. Maybe paralyze tuned SDC would be better? Idk, but unless this was a gimmick build you're probably better off with another gun.

If you want me to test something okay, I guess I could try if it sounds feasible. Not like I'm doing anything with it (unless I crimed it years ago Embarassed )

It is for a S size SUP bot, so it is probably about as high damage as it gets, it will also be paired with HS bit so the int is not a big deal. Ammo and stuns are what I want, and if it stuns fairly reliably, it will serve my purpose.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:27 pm

If you're going to use hs you probably won't want para tunes. Spinstuns have loads of invuln frames so the higher firing rate becomes pointless.
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptyThu May 16, 2013 7:41 pm

Eh, true enough. Not like I ever bring them now anyway, since I always wind up being the only healer.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:05 am

hypershot is pointless for another reason. the reason being the target becomming stun immune to even not be stunned for another 2 rounds without hypershot. so even with only paralyze you will not be able to capitalize on the tunes effect anyways.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:39 pm

Means you can possibly save ammo then if you know the stun period is off.

Semi offtopic out of curiosity:
Why does stun matter so much though for a support? I know it's a good thing to have, but what's the bot in question? Most of the issues I face as support is really the herp derp melees in which for sure, a paralyzer isn't going to save me against..especially with CVeil problems Embarassed

Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptyFri May 17, 2013 4:48 pm

it helps against everything that isnt CV tuned, and even versus CV tuned targets it helps until CV activates which still might never happen if you are somewhat lucky
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptyFri May 17, 2013 5:41 pm

Makes sense...

Maybe I'll try it but I think paralyzer is really high cost to fulfill that kind of spot.
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptySun May 19, 2013 7:28 pm

Sorry, I was out of town. It is Squidol Girl EV, so the targets will be slowed. stun/slow lock is what I am going for since most other S-Sup weapons worth using would override the slow.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptyMon May 20, 2013 1:09 pm

if your target is slowed anyways, you may as well use the paralyzer with some major force tuning instead, the only point of getting para tunes on one is to make sure the first hit stuns.
when the target is slowed it doesnt really matter if its the first or the second hit that stuns but you will get much more benefit out of force tunes in this specific case.
Back to top Go down
Halexander
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun EmptyTue May 21, 2013 12:47 am

Halexander wrote:
Don't have a paralyzer :/ Don't see one showing up anytime soon either unless you use your powers...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pulse gun/Electron gun   Pulse gun/Electron gun Empty

Back to top Go down

Pulse gun/Electron gun
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next