Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..

Go down 
+9
Turkeysaur
Suguri
Alathon
Trill
That_Wiesel_Guy
Zwiebel Force
Relict?
KidGlitch
ngelicdark
13 posters
AuthorMessage
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. Empty
PostSubject: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:26 pm

So instead of trying to get new things to satisfy my "I want a new gimmick bot" I was looking at my garage and this is what I found (they were decent/really good for its time...just idk did they just fall out of the flavor of the month or something?):

-MLG (Actually just got this from my free RT..I've seen posts saying it's awesome and then more recent posts going, onoes it sawks dont use plz) But it's like a 30+ force bullet!!! That's huge! And actually has better range+spd than my...

-Tesla AM 5. Actually wanted to make a slice gun hopper with her when I saw her core when she first came out. I still don't have a slice gun =3= But that charge up time/spd/range of that AM -_-'' It's relatively slow vanilla considering the gay new shit that's out now.

-Powered Laser (maybe Mod? I think I just own the vanilla). I had this triple tuned one (I think with two rapids and a reach) I detuned after I tried it once in arena. It had me too close to the ground, I got shot at by every homing missile known to man and all I got out of it was like 60-70 dmg over a period of a few seconds... granted my paci wasn't tuned with 40 TEC and I wasn't going ninja with it, but pretty sure I could do better with something else -_- Should I give it another shot?

-SDC/Mod (maybe x2 but man cost is too heavy and those -stats @_@) Kind of want to make a tiny Geo F and start spamming all over the place... 350ish speed at tuned is rather slow though nowadays. I don't mind slow bullets but I'd like to keep up with the fagbots/lag bots.

-Gwyain's AM2 (beam gatling AM): Need more anti-LND moe faggotry bsns. Tired of them thwacking my EVE/hoppers on maps that aren't even good to play them in -_- Plus they mess up my team's formation so we just get singled out and lose a bajillion BP for no reason.

-Patty Lopp (as a gatling swayer... I feel like I can keep distance better as a swayer vs hopper for gatling... Plus I own like 5-8 hoppers already ~.~) I still see her in the arena but honestly with no K shield the only thing I'm picking on is anything not melee/air/alphafag/gay moe bot. The only reason why I do well with my hoppers now is because they're mid ranged @_@ But tuning her shouldn't be a problem apart from the weapon tunes and levels. She's a good candidate for just simple +1 WLK tunes and a few HP..

-Aggressive Hopper Arts: I had this victory with the breakers I wanted to do once but man, my EVE has a tough time now with the melees now outdistancing every hop I make... (I need accel roll badly >>) I remember being able to be really really aggressive as a hopping EVE but now every time I advance past the safe zone I just get picked off by every advancing melee because the distance they cover with a single right click >>> a hop (and it's not even the SMART ones anymore that catch me).. Sometimes I do well but I have to retreat lots to lose aggro of passing Erises/Momijis/Lutos/Ivises/misc melee moes (though Momiji rarely a problem but still, that ninja run is a lot harder to spot than the dark clouds). I didn't need THAT many WB dodges back then ._. Can't even hop over a good amount of them anymore... (still can on some but the timing has to be within a certain part of their combo and sometimes I've missed the window for it already... Plus those swords and their really misleading hitboxes..... )
^Also my EVE isn't lvl 10 yet; isn't fully tuned yet; don't say get BR. Might not even get BR as the last cart because I really want to try to play her as I used to.. Quick boost+Land and be in people's faces going railgun all night.
I love BR but I loved being aggressive more...

Also going to try to get both Blitzelt and Seiron in the shop while they're half off and plop their stuff on my Suzeku or whatevernot. Maybe 2s Seiron HD won't be so bad (but I wish it was 3s ._.) Turns out only had Suzeku and Genbura as my AURA bots...

-Mine shooters (I have some handheld ones but Alba Laz is in one of the garas so this goes out to him too should I ever land him): They were a thing two years ago..and I think everyone's forgotten about them so maybe it's okay to bring them out again? XD No one really spams wings anymore so antihoming isn't a factor (I think that's also part of the reason why lots of arts went homing because back then the only ARTs there were, were several alpha albas/amateus and lots of railgun users...and some ballistic lawnchairs).

-Vanilla Elisalotte: because I'm semi sick of trying to roll for a Glanz/Scarlet and I have two vanillas and a school sitting there saying: PEOPLE WANTED ME. USE ME. (though I'm sure it was more for eye candy than for use. She was too ehhh for me to use back when she came out despite me wanting her as an alternative to Ouka.. Her tuning capacity now is better though).

-Sigma Clocks/Greinauts: I saw that old sigma tri hopper spamming slow clocks all over CBJP like it was something to do. Wonder if it's worth doing here lol (prob won't get jack squat for score considering I won't support points 100% of the time by not spamming music/dances/heals).

I prolly have tons more (I really did roll quite a bit back then........ Man I feel dumb...) but that's off the top of my head. I want to see some more variety in the arena now .-. Couldn't hurt if I was part of the variety too right?

**Also sorry for long post .-. Just had free time today and I was brain storming fun builds...

Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:35 pm

Tesla AM5 is really hard for me. But I love her.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:50 pm

-MLG
Very strong weapon. Still good.

-Tesla AM5
Bad MLG. I wouldn't bother.

-Powered Laser
You require a lot of mobility to utilize its strengths. Not sure if it's worth the investment.

-SDC/Mod
Bullet size and AoE will make up for its less than amazing speed. I did fine with my 2s SDC. Still cleans up LND bots like a charm.

-Gwyain AM2
I didn't like Beam Gatling, myself, but I heard the AM is much better than that. I don't know, you'll be looking for a small core to minimize danger.

-Patty Lop
I wasn't too fond of Patty, but she's still alright.

-Agressive Hopper ARTs
Sure, what did you have in mind? Most AIRs don't know what they're doing these days.

-Blitzet and Seiron
Good idea. Give it a shot.

-Mineshooter
Never really got to try it out. Might be worth your time. Should wait for more replies, though.

-Vanilla Elisalotte
She's a menace in beginner ruleset rooms. An associate has one tuned with Slow and stuff.

-Sigma Clock/ Greinaut
Sigma Clocks saw an overpowering decline in use in CBJP due to cooldowns not being global. Greinaut needs a lot of effort to work, and even then, it's pretty limited, but it's kind of cool!

Last edited by Relict? on Tue Apr 30, 2013 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 3:56 pm

I don't see why MLG is considered bad. It needs gudd tunes and such, but even I can score well with that thing. It's broken :>

Gwyain AM2: very, very, very risky I believe. I used one in CBeu and it was ok back then simply b/c the majority of players were untuned and/or old Ivises. The cost is a little to high I think. You'd be forced to hunt for low TGH LNDs. The popularity of beam guard doesn't make it any better (blame the Faggot Color Seraph).
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 4:07 pm

Mineshooter is nice when you have multiple people using it. By yourself, you won't see too much results.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:22 pm

Relict? wrote:

-Tesla AM5
Bad MLG. I wouldn't bother.

wat.

You lose 6 force and 10 range for 50 ammo in exchange for becoming S-usable now and being an arm-based weapon. Then, the arm itself gives 25 HP, 1 str, 2 tec, 1 walk, 2 fly, -1 tgh. Assuming TGH is a negligible stat, the stats it gives means technically you have 55 cost worth of stats on a 100 cost arm, so you're paying 45 cost for that MLG built into it.

A completely fair trade for the weapon stats lost, in my opinion. Plus it's lower cost means it can fit on lower cost cores, making for some very interesting builds incorporating it. IMO it's the best weapon choice for ALE Crim, build wise it's the only build I've managed to make for her that didn't look flat out sub par for her.
Back to top Go down
Alathon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 509

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 5:40 pm

why don't people use flapjack bd as a traditional air core whattafuck:

mlg is a dumb weapon
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:01 pm

MLG remains as one of the most powerful options air has. I'm pretty sure the only reason it isn't being used that heavily these days is because Flapjack AM and Ilgryps AM2 also deliver high damage output without the need for a chargeup, but it's still an incredible weapon.

Trill wrote:
stuff
It has other problems, such as zero aim assist, horrible base speed, and being positioned on a bit that is subject to drastic elevation change whenever you move left or right.

The arm is statistically retarded for its cost but indobreak ruins it completely.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 7:24 pm

Suguri wrote:
indobreak ruins it completely.

;___;

rip
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:46 pm

Charged weapons are a no go where 99.9999% of the people here has zero positioning intelligence, just like all those idiots who go melee that PS diving Reine.

Flapjack BD sure has amazing carts but everything you can do on it, it can get done on something else with 200-300 less cost and a bit more HP.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 8:55 pm

Yeah that's the reason why I got all excited about Tesla AM5 when it first came out...then got her...then yeah......

Her core though..that free force barrier is something. Something I have to use someday.

I had some ideas for ART hoppers, mainly EVE, Victory FB, even Xmas DG (though now that last one is kinda bleh considering my only options I think is ballistic lawnchair and I don't even think it's worth hopping for one of those anymore). EVE I have to work on more (she really needs that QL+QB+Accel combo). Even thinking of trying to fit MB/float dash instead so i can incorporate psyguns with her railgun (it's nice to be able to utilize every part of your bot..good and not that good). Problem isn't really the AIRs (unless they circle around me, then I have problems because I tend to hop along trying to shoot them instead of trying to gtfo and then shooting them -_-) but the LNDs that come chase me when they see me sticking out like a sore thumb.

MLG is a definite to go then. Will be using those since I don't want to be part of the fagjack cancer. But then I'd be part of the MLG cancer.... Embarassed can't win em all. It's actually not bad vanilla; I can hit stuff and with about 20ish TEC I can do about 40 dmg a shot per LND I hit.. Not bad. Range is far enough so I'm not caught in some Mialy's sights (still accel roll-less lol).

I wish I got Rouche/MBG instead of Mialy/TBG/Ah Chan if I knew I'd never use em now "orz Rouche especially I think would be awesome on the battlefield (except that Mialy pierces through the barriers IIRC and they're cancerous).

I also have a Cetusion BD but lack anything other than SDC mod to slap on him...

Also have Pulsardio Dio and I think a regular Bugsycait that I can slap together to make it Mike-esque..but not really a big support fan tbh >.> Ironically I play support in my other games but I don't like to do that here lol.

But yeah guess I'm out of stuff to bring to the table. Except maybe to get Ghost Raider 117...

Back to top Go down
Senior Grey
[Donator]
[Donator]
Senior Grey

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyWed May 01, 2013 1:48 pm

Sigma clocks are still viable, but this is CBEN, so don't expect allies to capitalize on the advantages it provides.

Of course, you can just play it as a standard healer and shut down certain bots that charges in.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:32 pm

What does late clock even do? I think one of the reasons many ppl don't like the Clock series anymore is because they don't even know what that debuff is supposed to do (I asked that so many times but nobody seems to know).
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:34 pm

-Tesladiva BD5
Her free barrier is quite nifty, but her lack of capacity and slots leave something to be desired. Capacity tunes might be in order to make things work.

-ART hoppers
EVE probably could work. I don't really play her much, though. Yeah, those melee sure do travel far these days. Just flee on sight, if possible.
FB works. Or would work if latency wasn't such a bitch. I built some on some accounts. I typically targetted fat melees. AIRs need a bit more work to hit.
Xmas Destructor Girl is S. Ballistic Launcher is L. ;_; S ART weapon selection is pretty pitiful. It comes down to Slice Gun / Blast Bazooka / Structure Breaker (which suffer similar faults to FB core due to latency) / Alba HD (which is not allowed on a moe) / Double Magnet Gun / Pump Bazooka.
Ballistic Launcher still works fine. People just want new toys.

Yeah, I know that feel. SUP in CBEN is pretty painful.
One would be on a Regina, for example, and putting repair fields relatively close to the homefront so the defensive line doesn't collapse. However your comrades could be giant pussyshits and never leave spawn:

Satoshi is the bravest player in spawn:
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:40 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
What does late clock even do? I think one of the reasons many ppl don't like the Clock series anymore is because they don't even know what that debuff is supposed to do (I asked that so many times but nobody seems to know).

slight slow and applies the reverse of hypershot to a target, effectively doubling the INT stat of their weapons.
Back to top Go down
Turkeysaur
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Turkeysaur

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyWed May 01, 2013 2:58 pm

For ART hopping grab Galsteel and Achtsieben now that both has 50% discount, or buy UC Maril March.

You can also roll megagara April's for Proto Acheros if you feel lucky enough :v
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyWed May 01, 2013 3:31 pm

Winty wrote:
Zwiebel Force wrote:

slight slow and applies the reverse of hypershot to a target, effectively doubling the INT stat of their weapons.

This. Was pretty awesome against gunners. Looks like you're slowed though when you're afflicted by it (still same purple stuffs). But yeah doubt people would take advantage of it.

Tesla's cap was what made me not build her in the first place. I wanted her as a low cost hopper but yeah no slice gun. I've tried other guns but they work better in the air.

Might have achtsieben; and I've actually tried Maril as a hopper.. But I didn't like the baz options and I'm not a fan of rocket launchers (no fun if its all homing..). If I wanted baz options I can just slap a L zook on accel and call it a day... Or play my old Titan Baz Destructor lol. Loved the titan baz, hated the speed of my Dest.

I won't roll April Gara tbh. (I would rather try having Ouka/Elisa/Sol Volcas in Gara 2) but what is Acheros good for? Also mega gara removed finally.

Out of old ideas to use. Options too boring/old/mainstream; new options too autoplay. watdo.
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyWed May 01, 2013 4:27 pm

Honestly then, all thats left for you is Gimmick Builds of bots. Can't say much else.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyWed May 01, 2013 6:07 pm

Sad. I will keep finding new gimmick bots to play with then. Only thing I can do. (But why does every gimmick bot worth playing these days moe/OP/autoplay?? Not that I mind the moe-ness Embarassed )

Also to finish all my builds :S Too lazy to tune..and all my free RT goes into rolls instead of slot prots XD
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyWed May 01, 2013 6:49 pm

Eh, found my old thread, here you, you can see if you can get any ideas from this.

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t10779-out-of-ideas
Back to top Go down
blead
[Administrator]
[Administrator]
blead

Male Posts : 2370

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyThu May 02, 2013 5:23 am

Bugsycait can be very aggressive you know.. >_>
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyThu May 02, 2013 7:03 am

Yeah I remember Ero once demonstrating a baz hopper using bugsy as the core.. Was pretty awesome. (He was the guy who helped me get started on hoppers in the first place XD )

Actually maybe I will look into that. I thought of making my old Ivis into a pierce gun build as well.

Also xiao, already read that thread lol. IIRC you had 40 unfinished builds. I have maybe a 1/4 of that at most LOL.
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyThu May 02, 2013 5:27 pm

3/4 of those builds are actually done, since I got my x2 points campaign and tuning campaign.

just sayang

anyways its a old thread, just wanted you to see if you can get ideas from it.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. EmptyThu May 02, 2013 6:01 pm

Ah yeah I read the few builds you had and I wasn't really inspired by much of it sadly.

I think my tastes are a little too old for this game's newer bots.. I'm pubbing with some lower ranked kids and they think the things that are normal now aren't OP at all... the power creep has been insane and it's just..unfazed lol. Like shit like Sylvia wasn't a big deal. Man it was a huge deal to me when I came back.

I think I have a few more builds but they're not that homg I want to build this now kind of build. I haven't had that spark since Ion or EVE really... Nothing really has caught my eye in that sense for a long while...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..   Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should.. Empty

Back to top Go down

Old things I want to bring back to the table but not sure if I should..
Page 1 of 1