Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Should we get new mods/change current ones?

Go down 
+13
FullThrottle
Dokuro
Andaros
Sash/a/
Ichijo
FenixStryk
NovaZero
azz33
Courius
Desu
Izzy
FrozenEdge
Dune
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should we change current moderators?
Yes, change them...
Should we get new mods/change current ones? Vote_lcap71%Should we get new mods/change current ones? Vote_rcap
 71% [ 15 ]
No, they are fine as is...
Should we get new mods/change current ones? Vote_lcap29%Should we get new mods/change current ones? Vote_rcap
 29% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Dune
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Dune

Male Posts : 1071

Should we get new mods/change current ones? Empty
PostSubject: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:44 am

Lately I've been thinking about the whole thing with the current mods we have on forums and was wondering on people's opinions on if we should add/change moderators or not...

I know a bunch put up posts for wanting to be moderator before.. some as a joke.. others more serious... all of which were wiped clean by the admin.. as the whole thing was kinda a joke that spun out of control to begin with...

I suggest we should change our current moderator roster a bit and perhaps add a new moderator or two to the list... for starters I'll list who we have now...

Mayhem - Though he has his dark side hes not a truly bad mod to my experience and is rather active... perhaps the most active of the current mods

KBTKaiser - The least active of the mods but likely the best of them.. I would say keep him as mod if he becomes more active here... otherwise I suggest a replacement...

Desu - He has been more active lately but all I see him do around here is troll >_>... personally don't hate him but would rather not have a troll be moderator... I suggest him to be replaced.

I left the poll here for those to have their opinion on things... if you do choose "Yes" to change mods please post with your suggestions on what should be done as well and please keep it serious... this is not a bullshi- thread as I think this is an issue these forums face...
Back to top Go down
FrozenEdge
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
FrozenEdge

Male Posts : 1003

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:48 am

i agree... we need new ones who are responsible
*spams yes button*
Back to top Go down
http://dreamself.me/d/ily1
Izzy
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Izzy

Male Posts : 190

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:15 am

i don't think i should vote, as i'm rather new to this forum.
only seen KBTKaiser once a few days ago, Desu seems to be lohated by many, but so far seens a nice person to me, mayhen is indeed the more active...
but i still can't vote for either them to stay or to be replacedd/added more.
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:57 am

Dune wrote:

Desu - He has been more active lately but all I see him do around here is troll >_>... personally don't hate him but would rather not have a troll be moderator... I suggest him to be replaced.

Indeed most of the time you would see me trolling,
But as you should know,
Along with others,
That moderating a forum isn't an active job that you see happen with an immediate after-effect
(I.e. "User was banned for this post")

The fact of the matter is that we're regular people just as you guys are,
KBT has his little life to deal with,
Mayhem has his guns,
Slifer has his little own world somewhere I don't even know.

And as for myself?
Well, you can see that i obviously have too much free time on my hands,
Hence the high post-count, "bad reputation," negative 467 fame, etc.

Although you see those thing about me,
I barely do regret having such things as they help me make up for what i am,
It can be changed as easy as it is,
Or improved upon depending on the person's choice.

If you want to know what I have personally been looking out for in the forums is pretty much one main thing,
Unnecessary repetition.

Repetition may be found inside threads asking for help in the general section, to someone keeping their debate one-sided and unable to support their side properly,
I may not know all of the users in the forums but as for me, I find that people who say the same things over and over without any real cause tend to become real boring by the second time they say it.
I usually call them off on it in the forums by deleting their topics, and referring them to use the search feature easily found on the main toolbar,
Or on other cases,
Take for instance when Slifer and Tae got a little bit to carried away,
I usually try to make it so I'm neutral during the debate as to not seem biased,
While pointing out obvious weaknesses each debater has,
To prevent the conversation turning into a flame train from a debate.

Of course, there are other methods that aren't always the best, but as humans, we're bound to make mistakes, and not chose the wises of the methods available, but that's mainly because of one reason.
We chose to do it.
Easily enough, some people might enjoy my company, while others may hate it.
What you choose to do anywhere can become either really helpful, or turn into a tragic experience.

I doubt that my reckless actions have a major impact on anything close to my moderation skills.
I've been creating and destroying things for a while now.
We all have.
I just know what self control means.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
Dune
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Dune

Male Posts : 1071

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:29 am

Desu wrote:
Dune wrote:

Indeed most of the time you would see me trolling,
But as you should know,
Along with others,
That moderating a forum isn't an active job that you see happen with an immediate after-effect

The fact of the matter is that we're regular people just as you guys are,
KBT has his little life to deal with,
Mayhem has his guns,
Slifer has his little own world somewhere I don't even know.

And as for myself?
Well, you can see that i obviously have too much free time on my hands,
Hence the high post-count, "bad reputation," negative 467 fame, etc.

Although you see those thing about me,
I barely do regret having such things as they help me make up for what i am,
It can be changed as easy as it is,
Or improved upon depending on the person's choice.

If you want to know what I have personally been looking out for in the forums is pretty much one main thing,
Unnecessary repetition.

Repetition may be found inside threads asking for help in the general section, to someone keeping their debate one-sided and unable to support their side properly,
I may not know all of the users in the forums but as for me, I find that people who say the same things over and over without any real cause tend to become real boring by the second time they say it.
I usually call them off on it in the forums by deleting their topics, and referring them to use the search feature easily found on the main toolbar,
Or on other cases,
Take for instance when Slifer and Tae got a little bit to carried away,
I usually try to make it so I'm neutral during the debate as to not seem biased,
While pointing out obvious weaknesses each debater has,
To prevent the conversation turning into a flame train from a debate.

Of course, there are other methods that aren't always the best, but as humans, we're bound to make mistakes, and not chose the wises of the methods available, but that's mainly because of one reason.
We chose to do it.
Easily enough, some people might enjoy my company, while others may hate it.
What you choose to do anywhere can become either really helpful, or turn into a tragic experience.

I doubt that my reckless actions have a major impact on anything close to my moderation skills.
I've been creating and destroying things for a while now.
We all have.
I just know what self control means.

Of course it isn't a 24/7 job where you work all the time get things done in an instant and things instantly happen.. things do take time... my main problem is not that with your activeness.. I understood the fact that you were lacking a comp for awhile and took such into consideration... its the constant trolling I see of everywhere you go that has me troubled... granted it may stop such... boring-ness... but what you have done has gone too far in most cases.

As for Mayhem I know he has a life of his own and even then so hes still quite active which makes him a better mod then most... he's known for his share of things but he actually has solid reason for doing so (like Dwlr who bashed Sean and the other Mods and wouldn't stop complaining), although I wouldn't have gone so far as the whole magnets...

Kaiser is actually quite active as well from what I see.. he is on CB JP ALOT.. and from what I was told he was on the IRC chat as well.. but never really comes to this forum.. and even so only for a very short time... He is actually a great person in my opinion, it is just that i never see him here hardly if at all which leads to the point that he's not as active with this forum...

Desu... I do not doubt your experience with moderating forums whatsoever.. as I do not know you personally or your life.. but true self-control would stop you from trolling like mad everywhere here as being a moderator comes with responsibilities not just limited to post merging, editing, etc.. but towards how you interact with others as well... its alright to have fun but to just take things too far sets a bad example for mods and the forum itself in general...
Back to top Go down
Courius
Betrayed Abbey
Betrayed Abbey

Female Posts : 935

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 10:43 am

well... in mah opinion... desu clearly have these

Should we get new mods/change current ones? MasterForumSkill
Back to top Go down
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Courina/
azz33
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:38 am

I read many topics here and don't see a problem with mods, they look like nice people.

Eh...maybe im not seeing a subforum full of drama?.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:39 am

The only issue really is Desu.
Back to top Go down
FenixStryk
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
FenixStryk

Male Posts : 382

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 2:44 pm

Desu wrote:

Moderating a forum is an active job that you see happen with an immediate after-effect
Where I come from, this is exactly what happens. New-gen forums with no moderation are a bit startling to me, to be frank.

In any case, I don't see anyone in particular that both wants the job and wouldn't abuse it. Having both instead of one or the other is important.
Back to top Go down
Ichijo
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Ichijo

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 3:22 pm

Eh. I like Desu.
Back to top Go down
Sash/a/
Sash/a/

Male Posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 4:42 pm

I dont like Desu and Sean. Mayhem is ok
Back to top Go down
Andaros
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Male Posts : 425

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:29 pm

I like all of the mods, but too much trolling can be quite destructive to both your reputation and the Forum's reputation, and both should be important enough to tune it down a bit . . .

On a side note: KBTKaiser is the forum creator, thus he wouldn't be replaced. . .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:49 pm

Oh hai what is thi-
Should we get new mods/change current ones? Simpsons
Back to top Go down
Sash/a/
Sash/a/

Male Posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 6:51 pm

Mayhem wrote:
Oh hai what is thi-
Should we get new mods/change current ones? Simpsons

LOL. Mayhem is the best mod :3
Back to top Go down
Dokuro
Newcomer
Newcomer
Dokuro

Female Posts : 12

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:50 pm

Yes because Desu's apparently a moron, Sean has a locking topic fetish and Mayhem edits threads that don't even violate rules
Back to top Go down
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:00 pm

Dokuro wrote:
Yes because Desu's apparently a moron, Sean has a locking topic fetish and Mayhem edits threads that don't even violate rules

more proof that I've never see a mod do more than lock a topic or delete posts in which they think is bad or whatever.
Back to top Go down
KBTKaiser
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
KBTKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:25 pm

I leave most judgement to Slifer, who, FOR THE RECORD, is the forum creator. I just happen to be more knowledgeable on the outset when CBEN Beta was even announced.

As for what I juggle?

Real Life:
Part-time college
Part-time job
Dealing with a stubborn grandmother

Internet:
lurking 2 IRC servers: Aniverse(3 channels) and Rizon(4 channels)
Steam Gaming(some 3-6 semi-active games any time out of 35 games)
MMOs(2-4 games, other than Cosmic Break)
Various forum checking(2-4 as well)

And besides, who tends to keep the peace when you guys get in a goddamn jam on CBJP, huh?

EDIT: Additionally, I know Mayhem tends to police the forums more, so I leave that to him and focus on keeping things in order in CBJP.
Back to top Go down
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

Male Posts : 966

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 8:45 pm

Dokuro wrote:

I can lock my own thread if I want to. >.>
Back to top Go down
http://xlythe.com
FullThrottle
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
FullThrottle

Male Posts : 799

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:19 pm

Sean24 wrote:
Dokuro wrote:

I can lock my own thread if I want to. >.>

what on earth could possibly possess you to lock your own thread. :/
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

Female Posts : 212
Location : Enjoying the air on Yenka Summit. (The air there is wildly addicting...)

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 9:50 pm

Dokuro wrote:

12 posts???? and u say that? get more active first. i hate when ppl shoot their mouth off outta nowhere and dont know where their aiming for~

just to summarize my opinion of ur half ass'd (now 12th post.)

U MAD?

next~

i hate how ever 2-3 weeks therez some stupid topic that jumps into the general section where ppl start bashing otherz~ itz dumb, stop it~ (and mostly, get the fck along already.) idc if u dont like someone, idc u got problems, but settle it professionally ffs~

dont get me wrong, i understand completely why dune start'd the topic and he handled it completely in a professional matter~ (i support the topic)

but i dont support the bullsht responses i'm seeing from time to time~

so if u cant post reasonably, dont post.

SO~

OK

somethings can be done about some of the mods. (be it change of mods, stricter rules or whatnot~)

but therez no reason to bash~ dont like the forums and cant express ur opinion normally? gtfo or make ur own forum.

NOW~

i didnt vote, bcuz my opinion isnt a yes or no~

Desu~ i understand he may troll (w/e) i do believe most of u have noticed that the game was mostly comprised of 4channers~ (deal with it)

if itz unbareable, notify slifer when he gets on or something~ (send a PM ffs)

but the only real issue i see with desu is his inactivity~ (which has been thoroughly explain'd by him and is being fix'd atm by his recent activity)

Result:
Reason for change - wasnt active enough

Reason for keeping - (Opinion) now becoming active again~

KBT~ he made his point~ he isnt as active either but hez the one keeping sht together in CBJP for u guys~

get off his ass~ hez doing enough~ (consider him a CBJP mod for u guys or consider getting ban'd/IP ban'd from CBJP~ i still havent been kick'd from any matches in CBJP yet despite all i've been hearing~ i personally think itz just cuz of u dumb ass trolls being stupid~ quit the shit~ itz ur fault for them kicking u (as a whole cuz u couldnt keep the trolling to only CBEN) not cuz of them or someone else)

Result:
Reason for change - NONE

Reason for keeping - hez doing his best to allow u guys to play CBJP still~

Sean ~ hez doing FINE~ Hez not mod~ but guess what? i see him busting his ass to keep things in order here (more than any mod here)

so what hez locking posts? i've only seen about 2 lock'd posts around here~ and guess what? HE ALWAYS STATES HIS REASON FOR ACTION~

Abuse of mod powers? no u guys are just lacking common sense

Result:

Reason for change: None~ (hez not mod)

Reason for keeping: None~ (he needs to become a mod if anything, sht gets done with him)

Mayhem~ Kick ass mod completely. Cool, calm, collect'd~ and hez the only mod that acts as a mediator between bullsht topics going on in here AND chatbox~

did he change something? find out why~ quit the bitching~ cuz thatz all thatz going on here~ (u guys even got me bitching) idc what rules are what~ rules may be subject to change should Admin/Mod see fit~ dont like it? gtfo. no one is keeping u here~

Result:

Reason for change: None~

Reason for keeping: Cools sht down~ (at least hez willing to do it)

idk if i left something out, but i KNOW i'll be back to add it if someone has something stupid to say~

and also, i pretty much cover'd everything i had to say about the stupid responses i'm seeing~ (once again, i see where dune is coming from with the topic though~)

Back to top Go down
http://herofactory.forumtl.com/
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 11:56 pm

I thought Sean was already a mod, just has his powers while having his shiny BRD name.
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

Location : Enjoying the air on Yenka Summit. (The air there is wildly addicting...)

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:26 am

nope~ hez not a mod~

he just has access to the admin panel for designing purposes~

everyone just assumed he was and didnt really take the time to find out~ =p

but considering how much hez done, i wish he did become mod~
Back to top Go down
KBTKaiser
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
KBTKaiser

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:31 am

I was recruited for mod due to my knowledge of CB during the time(and slifer's constraint of time), not my administrative abilities.
Back to top Go down
Daylyt
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Daylyt

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:34 am

KBTKaiser wrote:
I was recruited for mod due to my knowledge of CB during the time(and slifer's constraint of time), not my administrative abilities.

idk if anyone said it to u yet~

but thanks for doing everything u can to ensure we can still play CBJP and keeping sht in CBJP from hitting the fan, KBT~ (b^^)d
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 11:06 pm

Daylyt wrote:
nope~ hez not a mod~

he just has access to the admin panel for designing purposes~

everyone just assumed he was and didnt really take the time to find out~ =p

but considering how much hez done, i wish he did become mod~

He is a chat box mod tho.

My turn.

I'm fine with the way we are currently. All the mods seem like cool people, despite the fact I am seen dissing desu I personally do not hate him.

I laugh at desu's trolling, although mayhem does often goes on about inappropriate stuff, that's all good. Kbt, apart from the inactivity, I do appreciate the stuff he does. Slif -ditto.

The only problem we have is this.

We're starting to have a few people being single minded and wanting to be in control.

Face it, there are times where you just gotta deal with it.

When you trip over, do you spend the next 7 hours sitting there, weeping your ass off?

Face the facts, there are times where it doesn't go as you want. That's life. If you don't like the way this forum works, just get the fuck out and leave us alone.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we get new mods/change current ones?   Should we get new mods/change current ones? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should we get new mods/change current ones?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next