Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need input for a School Misty build

Go down 
+4
Zwiebel Force
Rhyadel
Relict?
NovaZero
8 posters
AuthorMessage
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

Need input for a School Misty build Empty
PostSubject: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 7:43 am

Spoiler:

The Combat Mag is there because I don't have any other better weapons, aside from Handy Bazooka and maybe Ballista Shooter. The 2x EIW are there because Skeleton Shot has bad range without them. I was also considering on putting in CVeils, but I'm not sure.

I'd appreciate any assistance.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 7:55 am

Whoa whoa why 40 WLK?

Winty explained it better than I could:

Quote :
Final hop breakpoint is 30walk, as long as you have 1 fly. If you have 0 fly there is a negative affect on your hopping!
Because hopping is NOT running, tuning to 36 walk(final running/walking breakpoint) means that once you start hopping, your extra 30cost in mobility stats vanishes. These stats, and the cost invested to get them, are only good when you are not hopping. I'm not trying to imply that you'll be only ever using the directional keys to hop, but there are times when you will do that, and times when you won't.
In my personal experience, 32 walk serves perfectly fine.

I, too, find builds with 32 WLK fine.

You can drop FLY even lower with High TEC Beta (and save capacity for more tunes!)

Mine build is more autoplay and stupid, but here's some revision to yours. Feel free to change up tunes on the combat mag.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:11 am

Oh, my bad. I was considering Boost Run on her until I realized that her Mist worked totally differently.

Would range tunes work well on the Combat Mag? I feel like this current meta requires range and that going in close is a bad idea unless you're a LND ZERO/Sylvia/Ivis Reine.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:19 am

Oh, no problem :c. Also, apparently she cannot preserve momentum with her sub while boost running ;_;.

I suppose. I would tune grb myself and just try to juke and shit. 230 range isn't too bad considering Nemlim Mellow has the same range. Beam Shooter (Mod) has 250 and is still considered one of the best UC options. A clanmate tried clan fight yesterday for the first time (granted, we kind of stomped the opposition ;_; ) and he did fine on his Cosmo Kaiser AC, which also has only 250 range.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:45 am

Which gara has the Beam Shooter Mod?
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:47 am

NovaZero wrote:
Which gara has the Beam Shooter Mod?

ATM? None, I believe. It's a rare drop from Chibi War rooms, though, hence UC. As such, tradable during bazaar.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:53 am

Welp, time to wait for the next bazaar/chibi war room then.
Back to top Go down
Rhyadel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rhyadel

Female Posts : 273

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 9:57 am

They may also drop from school invasion arena room since the magnet gun drops from it, but not 100% sure. Just probably easier to buy one at bazaar.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 10:45 am

Beam Shooter Mod drops from School Invasion. I got two 3s so far :3c

If I was looking for performance I'd ignore the EIWs entirely. If yo want a cute build dun use handhelds :<
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 12:46 pm

>Beam Shooter Mods dropping from Chaos Invasion
...welp.

Zwiebel Force wrote:
If I was looking for performance I'd ignore the EIWs entirely.
I once planned on skipping the EIWs, too, but that was before I hit a Resha with Skeleton Shot.

Zwiebel Force wrote:
If yo want a cute build dun use handhelds :<
...but the Arena is so bloodthirsty.
Back to top Go down
Lemon Strudel
Lemon Strudel

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptySun Apr 14, 2013 1:54 pm

I don't think CVeils are really worth it since you probably won't be crowd-diving with School Misty. I don't think range tunes would really be worth it either, since you'll probably be using the Skeleton Shot to attack from a range. I think you'd be better off using Force/G.Rapid Beta or 2x G.Rapid Beta (although I personally prefer the former since I find I'm usually able to land most of my shots with just one G. Rapid Beta, and you'll probably only be relying on your Combat Mag if people get closer to you).

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptyMon Apr 15, 2013 3:17 am

I suppose you're right. Range tunes might make it feel redundant, especially since Skeleton Shot fills that role.

That 40 TEC. Well, I still have plenty of time to decide.

Also, just realized I had a Beam Shooter Mod all this time, and at the same time, found out that it is AIR only. How silly of me.
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 5:28 am

I got another build, which is theoretical and might be used instead of the previous build...because I only have one Combat Mag and my Renny Lop Acro needs it to not suck.

Spoiler:
Basically, pure supportive ranged gunner build. I'm having second thoughts because Raid Rifle sucks for run-and-gun.
Back to top Go down
kyosuke
kyosuke

Male Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 11:37 am

here is my build for my misty, althrough I haven't got her yet, but I have 280 coin now, I still don't know how her sub weap like, but my plan is to build her as a long range bot, I think with 300 range in her sub, it will be ok, so here's my build
【Robot Name】
School Misty

【Parts】
BD: School Misty BD
 : Raven Skelter(default)
 : School Misty LG [High Tough Alpha] [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha]
 : School Misty HD [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha] [High Run Alpha]
  : Sunflower
  : School Mini Lily [High Run Alpha]
 : Ace Braver BS [Ranger] [High Tech Beta] [High Tech Beta]
 : School Misty AM [Ranger] [High Tech Beta] [High Tech Beta]
  : Cheer Pom-pon [Ranger] [High Tech Alpha] [High Tech Alpha]
 : School Misty AM [Ranger] [Ranger] [Life]
  : Cheer Pom-pon [Ranger] [Life]
 : Angel Badge

【Config Check】
COST: OK
BS: OK
LG: OK

【Stats】
TYPE: 陸
SIZE: S
COST: 1315
CAPA: 1315
HP: 535
STR: 3
TEC: 40
WLK: 36
FLY: 1
TGH: 12

LEVEL: 10

【Cartridges】
Capacity +80×6
Enhance Internal Weapon×2
Blast Guard
Broad Radar

【必要素材】
Fudara Cosmos×15
Midoro Cosmos×6
Red Chip×40
Green Chip×90
Stabilizer×164
Engine Shaft×54
Brake Damper×9
Physical Stone×10
Guide Circuit×26
Snail Liquid×42
Hard Plate×7
Screw Bolts×130
Steel Wheel×72
still wonder will it be ok?
or should I put a handy zook on her in case of something get close ?
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:10 pm

From my experience, Skeleton Shot not only spreads out a bit before homing in the enemy, it also causes Misty to hop a bit, so I'm guessing it's a bad weapon for short range combat. On the other hand, it's strangely effective against AIR, seeing as my Misty can do around 40 damage on an AIR with Skeleton Shot + 1 EIW, assuming all the shots hit.

OK, after some more playtime, I realized that I found myself being more effective just spamming Skeleton Shot than anything. Might have to consider changing weapons again. Why can't the Raid Rifle be more useful?

Last edited by NovaZero on Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 12:32 pm

No mobility carts + no main weapon :V Would suggest getting both if possible

I like Lemon's build, but I'd probably drop TEC/the buckler in favor of pure HP. 430~ HP seems really flimsy, any decent air/alpha arts especially would smash you to bits :V
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 1:22 pm

Last build checks before bed.

Spoiler:

Focusing mainly on the Skeleton Shot. Handy Mag for cacti, cheap cost and maybe bumrushing meleefags. Throwing Pepen to house all those Life tunes because the Buckler's too small to protect Misty.

Spoiler:

Still using the Raid Rifle, but with 460 HP this time because again, Buckler too small for Misty.
Back to top Go down
ngelicdark
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ngelicdark

Female Posts : 936

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 7:00 pm

Should keep buckler anyway :/ 60 hp for 40 cost and 3 slots is not a bad deal.

I can't see cb carts for her yet; they're not up in the cosmicalc database I guess.

IM me the carts for her, the idea is good so far though. Not a fan of raid rifle, but I get the point of using it :S
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 9:36 pm

NovaZero wrote:
Last build checks before bed.

Spoiler:

Focusing mainly on the Skeleton Shot. Handy Mag for cacti, cheap cost and maybe bumrushing meleefags. Throwing Pepen to house all those Life tunes because the Buckler's too small to protect Misty.

I like this one, but possibly change to one of the lower ones in favor of a better weapon. Maybe a minimally tuned Handy Baz or Combat Mag?
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build EmptyTue Apr 16, 2013 10:20 pm

Quote :
I like this one, but possibly change to one of the lower ones in favor of a better weapon. Maybe a minimally tuned Handy Baz or Combat Mag?

How's this one then?

Spoiler:
My main issue is the tune for the Handy Zook. I was suggested to use High Shooter, but I thought that ammo might be an issue, too.

ngelicdark wrote:
Should keep buckler anyway :/ 60 hp for 40 cost and 3 slots is not a bad deal.

I can't see cb carts for her yet; they're not up in the cosmicalc database I guess.

IM me the carts for her, the idea is good so far though. Not a fan of raid rifle, but I get the point of using it :S
I don't have a 3s Buckler. All I have is a 1s Buckler and the rest are 0s. Plus, the Buckler doesn't seem to help School Misty at all, maybe because she's so high-def that the Buckler is too small to block incoming shots.

Aside from the standard movement carts, she has Tough Wonder Bit, Broad Radar, Stealth System, Tough Runner and Quick Jump.

Also, I more or less gave up on the Raid Rifle. Way too awful at run-and-gun, and Skeleton Shot with 2 EIWs beat the Raid Rifle in terms of range(both have 300 range), better damage(40-70 damage as opposed to 28 with all bullets hitting), and homing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need input for a School Misty build   Need input for a School Misty build Empty

Back to top Go down

Need input for a School Misty build
Page 1 of 1