Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pepo Pucci Candy

Go down 
+3
zerocl
Zwiebel Force
KidGlitch
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Male Posts : 1703

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 1:32 pm

So, I've got nothing but questions about her. Here are a few

1. Should I be going WLK or FLY based?
2. Should I be going for melee or ranged attacks?
3. What is her role in competitive play?
4. Does anyone have builds for her?
5. Does anyone have gameplay videos I can study?

Her PM bit seems very powerful, and she seems very versatile, but she's so hard to get used to I'm not sure if I wanna put the effort into her, despite the fact that she's loads of fun to play.

Help please?
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 1:45 pm

1. All Air Run users should go WLK.
2. Ranged, melee will make you drop out of the air run
3. Depends on her handhelds and what you optimize her for.
4. I only have Torte, sorry :X
5. I only found videos of original Pepo D:
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 1:48 pm

I'm kinda confused about what you mean on number 2...

And is it true that the non-LND WLK breakpoint is 35?
Back to top Go down

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 1:52 pm

That's the final breakpoint for non-LNDs, not the only one.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 1:56 pm

Diabolical wrote:
That's the final breakpoint for non-LNDs, not the only one.

How does its speed compare with that of a LND type?

I've been tooling around on CC for almost 45 minutes now, and I have absolutely NO IDEA how to tune her...
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:05 pm

Iirc a LND type's 40 WLK is like a non LND with 50 WLK (which isn't possible).

Air Run means that you'll simply go on running, even if there's no ground beneath you (assuming you have boost gauge left). Meleeing (actually pretty much any subweapon), even if it moves you, does not count as running (it's like you let go of the key) and will therefore stop you to run. In case of Air Run this means you'll fall down. All Air Run users have a subweapon though.
Back to top Go down

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:08 pm

KidGlitch wrote:
How does its speed compare with that of a LND type?

I've been tooling around on CC for almost 45 minutes now, and I have absolutely NO IDEA how to tune her...
Potatosan would be the best person to ask about Pepo.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:11 pm

Where can I find him?
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:19 pm

MagicPotatoplz is Potato-san. He uses Pepo avatars most of the time to o 3o
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:18 pm

Ah... I found one of his low-maintenance PPCandy builds, but I intend to fully tune mine, so it really doesn't work for me.

Does anyone know what the knife featured in the CBNAWiki video is? Also, does anyone know where I can get a 3s handy mag?
Back to top Go down
zerocl
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase

Male Posts : 1404

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:47 pm

Vyo's Candy is fly based though:V
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 5:26 pm

KidGlitch wrote:
1. Should I be going WLK or FLY based?
2. Should I be going for melee or ranged attacks?
3. What is her role in competitive play?
4. Does anyone have builds for her?
5. Does anyone have gameplay videos I can study?
1. Either Boost Run or fly-based, as a general rule for any ART/SUP. Normal running speed for non-LNDs is pitiful (it's a lot slower than what Himmel said)
2. Well, here's the thing. Candy's supposed to be the melee variant of regular Pepo, but as a fragile high-cost support it's a ridiculously risky thing to do. Generally speaking I'd just make it my goal to charge meteor ASAP between melee and missiles and get as many of those off as possible.
3. There is none. Pepo is a bot for fun, not performance.
4. There's too many potential variables with what you could want to do with her for me to sit here and post walls of builds.
5. I'm not even sure if there's a single video for Candy.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 6:02 pm

Okay, not a lot of major, costly melee, but some melee focus along with pumpkin missiles so that you can charge the pumpkin meteor and use that as your major damage dealer. Is that correct?
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 6:23 pm

Maybe I should phrase it this way:

As Pepo, you have two primary objectives.

1. Steal your opponent's items before they can use them.
2. Charge your wonder bit for busting up crowds from a distance.

Both the Pumpkin Missiles and her melee accomplish these things. Which one you use depends entirely on the situation at hand.

Her melee compared to regular Pepo is a lot stronger (something like 9~11 force higher), and with h.glad tunes it becomes rather potent, but she can't get good STR without sacrificing mobility, has poor HP, and high cost. Furthermore the Meteor runs off TEC so focusing fully on melee relegates meteor strictly to an item-theft role.

It's really up to you. She's not meant to deal damage really, but if you want to do that your options are either "Tune the melee" or "Pray heal groups don't move out of the way of meteors". Otherwise I'd just focus on general item theft, then going for meteors when it's convenient.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 6:34 pm

Okay... So maybe something like this?
Pepo Pucci Candy:
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 6:36 pm

Yeah, that looks good. Except you only get one Proto Life cosmos.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 6:37 pm

Wait, what? I'm never gonna get proto cosmos again?
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 6:41 pm

askdjdo didn't see page 2

but I'd still consider trading 10~ tec to bump up HP, Pepo won't be a major damage dealer even with 40 and 400~ HP is sort of squishy now days, that or get 4 more fly to hit orangeteir boostrun though I'm not sure the chart applies to Sup.
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 6:43 pm

why do i go overboard:

tl;dr
She is a funbot, not competitive, you can build her however you want, do not die, most fun moe in the game, etc.

Edit: I forgot to mention, she seems very lazily done in that her meteor is extremely buggy (and her melee tends to do nothing, but I'll just use the excuse of lag). As much as I use her, I really don't think I ever looked at her meteor very well, so I still haven't found a very good use for it. I will say that it used to be great for melees that came and rushed up to your face, because it would hit them for ~110 damage and keep them bounced long enough to start running away. However, the bounced was nerfed this week because it now procs GV, so it probably won't allow you time to start running away before they slash your head off anymore. I also tested her meteor with a friend one time, and like I said, it seems really buggy. The meteor just went through him, but I have hit things from a very far distance away before. I should probably test it some more. If you try to treat it like Vox, it's pretty obvious at this point that its homing/targetting system is complete trash, so don't rely on it to hit a single target with.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 12:50 pm

Wow... That helps a LOT. Thanks for everything. I'll be posting another build a bit later. Once again, thanks for the help... er, Potatosan.

I got really bored, so I looked up Torte, and, man, I want her. I decided I'd do a build in case I ever got her. Comments please?

Pepo Pucci Torte:
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:14 pm

For Pepo Pucci Torte

Build:

This works fine for me:

Justification:
Do not give her negative STR. Her WB is a pot that sits there (and used to infinitely juggle opponents but thankfully that got nerfed) and attacks enemies that get somewhat close to it and steals their items.
Carts should include at least 6x Capacity, Short Boost, and Broad Radar. She's the only Pepo with Quick Land, and it helps a lot, so that's good. Tough Wonder Bit is not needed at all for reasons you'll probably figure out if you ever get her. I'd always take Sword Guard over Blast Guard personally, and in this case I'd very highly recommend Sword Guard instead of Blast Guard.
The most obvious problem with the build is the 3x Breaker tuned Umbrella. You shouldn't use Breaker for, well, anything except joke weapons/builds. The more speed, the better. Range and Ammo help too, but only once you get a lot of speed tuned on it.
Capacity tunes, for what you're doing with her, are completely unneeded.
Shock Bazooka/Shock Bazooka Mod are useful on her if you ever get one, but you'll need capa tunes. Otherwise, I don't find it to be worth it. In the case you do use Shock Bazooka, it might be worth it to take Blast Guard, Beam Guard, or Fast Recovery instead of Sword Guard.
It's extremely easy to tune because you get a bunch of 100% tunes, so the only thing you might have trouble tuning is the Umbrella. The 2 TGH tunes and Ranger tune can be dropped/changed to just a TEC tune and you can change the Rapid to Air Force or Shooter. Neon Neos BS is probably the best BS you can put on her stat-wise, but it looks bad.
Mine's a bit worse than that because she was built before we got +1 tunes changed to 100%, but I might redo it if the free tune regrets stay long enough.
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:21 pm

I thought her Pot bit was just a drop-and-support thing, but you're saying it only stays as long as her gauge is up? That makes for a lot of problems. I'll get working on a new build. Once again, thanks Potato-san.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:57 pm

The Pumpkin Pot unit is dependent on her WB gauge lik most unit typ WBs are, it has a pretty long connection time calculation thing (?), however. The basic idea behind this faggotery is that you connect it for like 10 seconds or such and then you ust disconnect it and hit random airs with the umbrella/troll some distracted enemies with the missile to recharge it right away. Just keep a eye on it's HP :O

My current torte build:

my planned finishing:
Life! I just can't have enough of you! Ö///Ö

Last edited by Zwiebel Force on Wed Mar 06, 2013 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Copy paste is hard!)
Back to top Go down
KidGlitch
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
KidGlitch

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:13 pm

Holy cow, that's a lot of HP.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy EmptyThu Mar 07, 2013 1:27 pm

>Pumpkin Umbrella [Life] [Life] [Tough]

get out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pepo Pucci Candy Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pepo Pucci Candy   Pepo Pucci Candy Empty

Back to top Go down

Pepo Pucci Candy
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next