Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Melee bot questions

Go down 
+8
kyarashotgun
XiaoFu
Suguri
resireth
exoakutsu
zerocl
Zwiebel Force
Freestyler
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Freestyler
Newcomer
Newcomer
Freestyler

Male Posts : 12

Melee bot questions Empty
PostSubject: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:25 pm

1. What are the top 5 melee bots?
2. Is Ouka Scarlet worse than Ouka?
3. Is Sylvia V worse than Sylvia?
4. Which current gara is best to roll if I want a strong melee bot?
5. Are there any upcoming melee bots that are good?

The reason I ask about the Ouka and Sylvia is because I might want to try for them but would prefer to not get a lesser version of them than what was in the past. It's been long time since I've played the game so thanks ahead of time.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:34 pm

1. Ivis FC , Ivis Reine, Eris, Sylvia, Mighty Byne Girl A. Unfortunately melee mechas aren't top tier anymore, because CyberShit.
2. No. Ouka Scarlet is an upgraded form of Ouka.
3. No. Sylvia V is a remodeling of Sylvia.
4. Valentines for Sylvia V or Weekly for Mai-chan A.
5. There aren't many previews.
Back to top Go down
zerocl
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:42 pm

1. Isn't sad, Lux?
2. Both are good, Scarlet Combo is shorter, but she gains instant Ouka Raisen
3. Same as above

All in all, if you want to be a right click master, and become on of the most hated players, Roll Valentine's Gara
If not, Ouka is a good choice
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
exoakutsu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
exoakutsu

Male Posts : 707

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 6:45 pm

1. Lux Legion in aura, all you need to know.
2. Scarlet is an enhancement on ouka so she is better.
3. Sylvia V is just a re skinned Sylvia, so they are basically the same.
4. Gara, why roll gara?
5. Who cares, melee is dead and arts are coming back.

However in all seriousness, melee lnd is not great as it used to be after the nerf. You can no longer cv stun regain through mobs. Stealth cart lands are rarely seen also since most people care BR. GV is okay, but most of the time its kind of superfluous when you could wb cancel out. Honestly right clicking teaches nothing in this current meta seeing as how beginner channel players use wind slasher on every bot including hd crim, hd jikun, hd zsg, hd dsg, hd mjg.

The best current melee unit in gara is elisa gantz which she takes many good aspects from skillvia. Your just gonna get a lot of hate from people if you just want to use op lands. However, coming from someone such as me, I might not be the best to judge that statement.
Back to top Go down
resireth
Master Poster
Master Poster
resireth

Male Posts : 2129

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:40 pm

3. In a way, Sylvia V can be considered 'inferior' to the normal Sylvia as Sylvia V lacks a BS (she still has a BS slot though).
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:47 pm

Needing to mode change opens her up to being spawn camped if your team's in a losing situation too.

It's extremely rare that something like that matters, but it's worth noting.
Back to top Go down
XiaoFu
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
XiaoFu

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptySun Mar 03, 2013 11:54 pm

5. Who cares, melee is dead and arts are coming back.

Ahhhh, best thing I've heard so far. Besides Troy being complete shit now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:37 am

Melee bot questions 2b3XZ
Melee bot questions 2b4cl
This should answer question 1.
Back to top Go down
Freestyler
Newcomer
Newcomer
Freestyler

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 9:54 am

Thank you for all your answers, now to address the points brought up.

"All in all, if you want to be a right click master..."
Don't ART and AIR do the same thing or click both? What's the difference?

"Gara, why roll gara?"
I have RT I got for free that I saved up and don't know what else to do with it.

"Who cares, melee is dead and arts are coming back."
The entire reason I play this game is because I enjoy using melee bots, so I care.

Lastly, I cannot see the images of the poster above and if you're going to post in this thread please contribute to the topic at hand.

Back to top Go down
kyarashotgun
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
kyarashotgun

Male Posts : 645

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 11:09 am

Freestyler wrote:
Thank you for all your answers, now to address the points brought up.

"Gara, why roll gara?"
I have RT I got for free that I saved up and don't know what else to do with it.

"Who cares, melee is dead and arts are coming back."
The entire reason I play this game is because I enjoy using melee bots, so I care.

Lastly, I cannot see the images of the poster above and if you're going to post in this thread please contribute to the topic at hand.

1/ Do you even sway/short boost/float dash/accel roll?

2/ Do you even Rt shop?

3/ Do you even brain?

exoakutsu wrote:
Honestly right clicking teaches nothing in this current meta seeing as how beginner channel players use wind slasher on every bot including hd crim, hd jikun, hd zsg, hd dsg, hd mjg.

This is pretty much why game a shit.
Back to top Go down
Freestyler
Newcomer
Newcomer
Freestyler

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:04 pm

1. Yes I do, but it's not as if using those require some higher skill level.
2. No.
3. Yes.
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:16 pm

Rt shop's tune-up catalyzers are nice. Almost all my offer'd Rt go into that (I charge ridiculous amounts of money for cute bawdz).
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 12:17 pm

Freestyler wrote:

>implying lands can only use melee

die, scum
Back to top Go down
Freestyler
Newcomer
Newcomer
Freestyler

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 1:13 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
Rt shop's tune-up catalyzers are nice. Almost all my offer'd Rt go into that (I charge ridiculous amounts of money for cute bawdz).
I was considering that but also just wondering if my bots are dated and whether or not now is a good time for a new one.
Winty wrote:
Freestyler wrote:

die, scum
I fail to see how stating that all 3 types of robots in this game have basically the same controls implies that lands can only use melee. Seeing how people have already mentioned Lux Legion as a melee that's also an AIR and I have said nothing like "there are no melees besides LND" I think that actually implies I am aware of that already. But hey, thanks for the useless post.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 2:57 pm

You have my meaning backwards, scum.
Back to top Go down
Freestyler
Newcomer
Newcomer
Freestyler

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:17 pm

I would say explain it if I at all cared but since I don't and it's irrelevant to this topic let's just stick to answering the questions, which have for the most part already been answered. You know, it's a good thing I've been to a lot of forums otherwise I would probably be under the impression that you're a douchebag right about now.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 3:26 pm

Winty wrote:
Freestyler wrote:

die, scum

Winty wrote:

lol personal attacks

lol

Either way, I fail to see how he implied that only lands can melee, only that no matter what you're using a main or a sub weapon no matter what and that there's not a difference, you're either left or right clicking harder.

Not entirely the most accurate statement but it's far from implying that.

@OP's questions: I'll try and answer them later when I'm not on a phone with 5%~ remaining

Back to top Go down
DarkChuky
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
DarkChuky

Male Posts : 981

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:03 pm

Freestyler wrote:
1. What are the top 5 melee bots?
2. Is Ouka Scarlet worse than Ouka?
3. Is Sylvia V worse than Sylvia?
4. Which current gara is best to roll if I want a strong melee bot?
5. Are there any upcoming melee bots that are good?

The reason I ask about the Ouka and Sylvia is because I might want to try for them but would prefer to not get a lesser version of them than what was in the past. It's been long time since I've played the game so thanks ahead of time.

You already got the answer for almost all your questions...

As you I'm a Melee lover, mostly for Sword that other weapons (really hate the tackles). They ask you about RT because the best Melees are Garapon only.
Already the game has done a good nerf to the LNDs main combo: CVeil + Stun regain and the Stun Lock... We use to torture our enemies with stun lock, if they fall into our sword they for sure would die, now they can scape if they can survive.

But don't be so worried, that affects almost all the ppls that got dependency on the CVeil and Stun lock. If you already know how to do the combos you will still be OP.

Today the best Melees are Moes, but there is still some good Mechas: Scaregran, Vanguard (all serie) Blaze Baron and others.. but not as OP as the Moes, those other moes relay in the amount of damage vs the moes that relay in the combo+stun lock.

The big difference between melees and Airs or Arts is that you must be smart enough to get close to the victims, if you can't do that you are a failure as a meleer. Oh yes, don't forget about dodging, you must know when to dodge the attacks.
Back to top Go down
kyarashotgun
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
kyarashotgun

Male Posts : 645

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 4:51 pm

lolchuky xddddddddd

Quote :
3. Yes.

Doesn't seem relevant.
Back to top Go down
Freestyler
Newcomer
Newcomer
Freestyler

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:15 pm

kyarashotgun wrote:
lolchuky xddddddddd

Quote :
3. Yes.

Doesn't seem relevant.
LOL GOOD ONE!!! Now go troll elsewhere, I doubt you are even capable of having knowledge that I care about. Who knew asking questions pertaining to melee bots would incite such idiocy on these forums.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:19 pm

Are you here to ask people for help, or are you here to ridicule how some people are posting?
Back to top Go down
Freestyler
Newcomer
Newcomer
Freestyler

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:25 pm

I'd say it's obvious that I was asking for help in this game and that the other people(kyarashotgun, Winty) are the ones that are attempting to derail my topic, but I can do without this thread since I have the answers I need. So you might as well lock it if that's what you're getting at.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 5:30 pm

I only lock things if a fight starts on them, they get way off topic and don't re-rail after a warning, or the OP requests a lock.

And as for your questions...

1. Ivis Reine, Sylvia, Eris, Melee Resha, and ... I haven't played in a while, I can only think of 4 that actually scared me.
2. Ouka Scarlet is better -> faster combos, Ouka Raisen that doesn't need her sword to be sheathed, and a really big katana that has a lot of range.
3. I haven't seen Sylvia V, but I'm assuming she's really no different from what I've seen and heard (Aside from lacking a BS slot)
4. I haven't played in a long time, so I don't know.
5. I don't know this either. XD

In the end, I guess I couldn't help you much. Sorry ; ~;
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions EmptyMon Mar 04, 2013 6:47 pm

1. Elisalotte Glanz, Sylvia, Eris, Mighty Byne Girl A, and Axer are all very competant melees. I'm hestitant to suggest Eris though as her nerf may bump a different melee above her. Those aren't in any specific order either.

2. As someone who's used regular Ouka quite a bit, I can tell you right off the bat that Scarlet is indefinately better, a literal flat 100% upgrade. A slight decrease in capacity (-25 capa) for a force barrier main weapon, instant Ouka Raisen, a better combo (it's "shorter" in actuality yet it's function is exactly the same, the combo cooldown is minute and it chains into itself indefinately, making it a pseudo version of regular Ouka's combo. I actually think it's better, considering the combo has a lot of movement and requires little investment to actually throw out, whereas original Ouka's combo is slow and clunky, and slows her down considerably the second she starts it), and a different shot, I can't entirely comment on whether it's better or worse.

3. Sylvia V has to mode change to summon her weapon, which may be considered a downside as she's essentially helpless during it, and her holiday motif may be sort of awkward during non-Valentine seasons, especially that obnoxious butterknife. But she is HD and if it's important, you can see her without her sword obstructing. She loses her BS despite retaining her BS slot (same with Fia and Regina actually, poor Regina lost an entire BS slot AND both BS's). To put it short, no she's no worse, but you'll have to find another BS for her.

4. Valentines has Brigand and Sylvia, Lux Eques aswell. Mecha Gara has CAPTAIN X LG's but I don't suggest rolling specifically for them. Maybe if you're interested in anti-melee Raclaboros's melee LG's? Weekly garapon has Mighty Byne Girl A, a great heavy hitting melee moe, Legion, Brigand again, Jet Hammer (outdated but it's still decent I assume), Void sythe (seen people melee with this, I can only assume it does ok), and Garapon Unit 02 for Scarlet, Glanz, and Brigand (they like to stick this guy in a lot of things).

5. Nobody can answer this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Melee bot questions   Melee bot questions Empty

Back to top Go down

Melee bot questions
Page 1 of 1