Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.

Go down 
+8
Ryuuichiro
Zwiebel Force
Koiro
Gerrion
blocksin
Suguri
Relict?
calypsx
12 posters
AuthorMessage
calypsx
Newcomer
Newcomer

New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  Empty
PostSubject: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 2:51 am

I mean, on paper the idea behind this game is really cool. I really love how they did the lobbies and the world feels alive in a sense. I have no gripe with the graphics, I think they are fine.

It's just.. Who thought it was a good idea to make every bot.. well a gamble to get. I'm actually okay with using real money to get some things, but i'm not okay with gambling for them when it comes to an entire character.

Also why are some of the bots only there for a limited amount of time? As a new player I saw this game and went "Oh This Ouka Dayu character looks like the one I would really want to play, I like how she looks!" Yet I don't really see anyway of obtaining her, which is kind of a downer. In fact she was my motivation to even install the game in the first place.

Hell I was even willing to shell out some cash to buy the character, if it was actually based on BUYING her and not gambling. I don't even want to bother now even if I do find a way I can get her.

I'm imagining if a game like Lost Saga did this with their heroes. Thank god they don't, this is the dumbest marketing decision ever. It's a complete turn off, boobs and pretty art wont get any money out of my wallet, money I would of actually been willing to spend if Cyberstep actually let you buy the damn characters.

It sucks because I really want to enjoy this game, but it's like they don't want you to have fun on purpose. What's up with that?
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 2:59 am

You're onto things.

Don't play.

Turn around.

Uninstall.

Be happy.

Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 3:02 am

Going to agree with Relict here, but...if you really want to play with Dayu and don't mind playing foreign versions of CosmicBreak she's available in the shop in the Taiwan version for both cash and in-game currency.

But...yeah, in the long run, Cyberstep does nearly everything wrong with what could be a great game. I can't recommend staying.
Back to top Go down
blocksin
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 4:04 am

uninstall
uninstall
uninstall
uninstall
uninstall
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 4:34 am

Following Suguri's advice, CBEU is also nice since it has more avainable bots than CBEN (including the AURA ones just recently), but with lower playerbase (almost dead, probably).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 4:40 am

Game is shit.
Back to top Go down
Koiro
God Poster
God Poster
Koiro

Male Posts : 5490

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 4:41 am

If you feel like killing yourself later on in life (Mostly due to debt.), then by all means, go ahead and play the game. If you don't, however, run as far away as you can and don't look back.
Back to top Go down
blocksin
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 5:10 am

did i fucking mention uninstalling
Back to top Go down
blocksin
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 5:27 am

okay listen i'm about to go to sleep so i'm going to be indepth here

this game is fun at first. it's got the novelty. you want to explore and get new shit.

that's true.

however

this game

over time

becomes soulcrushingly depressing

it's enragening

it's unrewarding

and it will make you hate your fucking life

in the end it's whoever has the biggest dollar that wins

just

stop

while you're ahead of the rest of us

listen to this old ghoul while you can
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 8:11 am

Ignore that blocksin guy, he's ust mad at the FF.

But yeah, pretty much any CS game wants you to draw stuff from a gachapon-like lottery instead of buying them. I'm not sure how well this worked in japan or generally long ago, but it pretty much kills all their games rather fast and the company doesn't seem to learn from it at all.

As much as I hate recomending it: if you don't like the RNG based shop system stay away from CyberStep games. I've never been to happy with it myself, but I spent too much money and time on this game to consider my own advice now. Enslaved souls forever QAQ
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:33 am

Zwiebel Force wrote:

But yeah, pretty much any CS game wants you to draw stuff from a gachapon-like lottery instead of buying them. I'm not sure how well this worked in japan or generally long ago, but it pretty much kills all their games rather fast and the company doesn't seem to learn from it at all.

As much as I hate recomending it: if you don't like the RNG based shop system stay away from CyberStep games. I've never been to happy with it myself, but I spent too much money and time on this game to consider my own advice now. Enslaved souls forever QAQ

Buyer's Remorse doesn't make sense.

C'mon, man, I thought you were saving up for a better rig to play better games. Whatever happened to that?
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:58 am

I am saving but I wanna buy something sexy this time + I don't have a car on m own, etc etc (in fact not even a driving license) so I had to settle things with my mum or someone else, etc, etc, to actually buy it. If I didn't save anything I'd still play the other games I used to pla from time to time, but all of em were no fun w/o spare € ._.

(In MMORPS I'm the type of player who doesn't give a shit about his gear and acquires the rarest fashion itamz available instead OvO")
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:11 pm

Follow your heart.
Despite what everyone else tells you, only you know what you really want in life.
If you love the game, stay. If not, then why bother. There are currently 300+ players more or less and though they may rage from time to time about the current meta / the lag / the laggers / the community / whatever tickles their fancies / gheyfagcancerAIDs / nigga pancakes, fact of the matter is, they are still here and they still play. That in itself, says a lot.

tl;dr do whatever the fuck you want without thinking about what other people feel or say; make your own way, etc.etc. nigga pancakes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:24 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
how about you shut the fuck up

i never said a single fucking thing about the community in that post

but fine, i'll go there

just for you

faggot

ok so let's say you find some bot you really fucking love and you want to play it all the time

for example, crabberoid

well, if your favorite bot happens to be shit, have fun getting fucking stomped for wanting to play what you fucking want to

and if your favorite bot happens to be some shit like eris, have fun with the entire community fucking hating you

and just for the sake of counterargument before it happens, something decent like say lios

in that case have fun still getting stomped by the eris guys

but hey, guess what though

pretty much everyone is "the eris guy"
Spoiler:

meaning that you will almost never have a chance

to chill the fuck out

and play what you actually fucking want to play

the only winning move is not to play

Spoiler:

the only class you can get away with playing sub optimally is support, and that's because things like shock zooks exist. Thanks to those, we can at least protect ourselves from anything with sub weapons.
Back to top Go down
calypsx
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 1:31 pm

Well, I'll think about it for a bit... I'm considering uninstalling mostly.

It's just so frustrating. How could they be so stupid... I mean while playing I was going "Oh this could be really fun." and then I remember all the other crap this game had to tack on for no reason.

I don't know, maybe if they had like, a subscription option that gave you all the bots and weapons for in game currency that could be a start >>... Then the crap ton of balancing they have to do..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 1:36 pm

alternatives include:
mechwarrior online (stompy mech shooter)
sd gundam capsule fighter (more similar to this game, a lot less customization though, just about anything can be gotten for free)
gotcha force (for gamecube. either buy it or emulate it.)
s4 league (has the same gladiator deathmatch feel to it, isn't about robots)
quake series/tf2 (hardcore pvp experience / more easygoing but still for the most part "hardcore" pvp experience)
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 1:50 pm

calypsx wrote:

It's just so frustrating. How could they be so stupid... I mean while playing I was going "Oh this could be really fun." and then I remember all the other crap this game had to tack on for no reason.

I don't know, maybe if they had like, a subscription option that gave you all the bots and weapons for in game currency that could be a start >>... Then the crap ton of balancing they have to do..

Even though many people loath this guy: Red-Brief-J said that Arena isn't the only game mode.
There are several other ways on how you can spend your time in-game and still profit out of it.
IMO, haku/berz farming can rack up some nice UC and materials/random equipment while also levelling up your bots if you're experienced/knowledgeable enough about it.
Red also put it that 'Arcantus' runs are generally fun since you can virtually use any bot you like and do things at your own pace.
Mission grinding for faster Rank-ups... Or just chatting with clanmates/friends for extended periods of time. A milieu of things to do; only time when you'll get bored is when you think you are bored.

Also, on this note, you can spend your Rt (or in-game premium currency) to buy robots from the shop and build them for these sole purposes. A breaker, for example, for farming Bee. Some melee-mashing whatever bot (I suck at melee) for farming Haku. Or just whatever for Arcantus and Missions. You don't need to roll Gara to get bots to play for specific game modes. But yea, whatever.
Back to top Go down
zerocl
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase
Molcar Coming Out Of A Vase

Male Posts : 1404

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 4:01 pm

You still don't get OP point

He wanted a specific bot (like me in the past lel) to play, in fact, that was his reason to try the game in first place; also, I'm pretty sure he was hoping for a "normal" free2play shop, when, you see, you pay and you get the shit you want.

But in this case, he realized that the garapon system is a shit. Isn't fucking magic that the other versions of CB have a pretty decent shop (Squidol Gurl, Oukas, Illumis, Aura Bots, the motherfucking Flapjack and Allba even Nemlim, both for UC/RT/CAMPAIGNS ) and nice rewards, because they realized the mistakes of CBen

All in all, CBEN is the worst shit
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.es/user/z3r0yqzaen
Kobrakai
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Kobrakai

Female Posts : 570

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 12:15 am

calypsx wrote:
That'd be your best option. Game is dead, anyways. There's plenty of other F2P games out there, for example I've gone back to TERA since it went F2P recently. Hell, I even sold my CB account for nearly nothing because this game has no future value to it left and I'd prefer not to ever return to it since it appears CS refuses to do anything about any of the issues at hand, namely the things you've mentioned. Don't make the same mistake many here have, just pretend this game never existed and move onto another.

Last edited by Kobrakai on Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:27 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 12:20 am

You don't have to play arena you know..
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 2:20 am

Red-Brief J wrote:

arena is the only thing worth playing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 3:47 am

Winty wrote:
Red-Brief J wrote:

arena is the only thing worth playing.

Lol okay then
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 4:52 am

ALRIGHT.

OP.

Ouka Dayuu (as well as Ouka) are both UC options in Cosmic Break Europe. (They're UC as well in TW, twice more expensive.) and they're 3 Slots.

If you're targetting for her, then Europe's the best place for you. Otherwise, English server is crap for you if you're aiming for JUST 1 Bot.

Sides, Dayuu Gameplay is nice.

Anyways, it'd be nice to have a new player playing around in the Europe server, because it needs the population.
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.    New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.  Empty

Back to top Go down

New player here. This game gives me a lot of mixed feelings.. I really wish they didn't screw it up.
Page 1 of 1