Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Frosty015

Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build Empty
PostSubject: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 8:13 am

Here's what I've got,
Spoiler:

Overall, this thing needs a lot of work.
I chose to go with float dash and quick boost, but I'm not sure if I should get EIW, or focus on another cartridge.
Advice I got with tuning is to raise FLY to 39, then focus everything else to TEC.

The areas with question marks are pretty much the ones I'm not sure of.
Anyways, any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 3:17 pm

I calced it the way you described it and the result is this OwO

Spoiler:

This is what I came up with while not stoned.
Spoiler:
You could drop the EIW cartridge for Accele Roll if you want. The EIW would be nice as a midrange option + farming weapon, but Accele Roll is like saying "gtfo melee scrub <3"

Last edited by Zwiebel Force on Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 4:11 pm

accel roll doesnt work well on non airs if you plan on using it out of a floatdash
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:11 pm

Hao2Accel Roll on non airs: use custom dah (Short Boost/Float Dash), hold down the space bar immediately, tap the directional buttons while in the flight that was started by said custom dash - voilà. This needs some training, but once you got the hang of it you don't wanna miss it.

Aurum would be right if you didn't use a Quick Boost ART (in that case it's pretty risky), but you do, so don't worry owo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 5:52 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
I calced it the way you described it and the result is this OwO

*insert builds here*
The build has 5 cost left over, and 39FLY.
You could tune a High Tech Beta, remove a Tech tune, giving you a total of 10 spare cost and a spare slot. In that spare slot, you can fit a Life tune in there.

Plus, there's no Wonberbit, in the wonderbit slot. So might as well chuck in a Sword Bit.

Zwiebel Force wrote:
This needs some training, but once you got the hang of it you don't wanna miss it.
I got the hang of it after a few tries, what training?
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:08 pm

I never had much trouble with accel roll either, but some people might be new to keyboard controls, etc, etc.

I know my builds aren't perfect, but apparntly I'm the only one who cares for starters, so yeah ._.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:11 pm

Zwiebel Force wrote:
I know my builds aren't perfect, but apparntly I'm the only one who cares for starters, so yeah ._.
No.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyWed Jan 16, 2013 6:28 pm

accel out of floatdash is slower than just floatdashing in the long run, with or without practice.
its a different story on airs because of 10 second boostgauge

and no, you shouldnt need long to figure that out, considering that you run out of boost directly after the accelroll unless you canceled the floatdash very early and due to your low altitude you will hit the ground long before you actually made use of your momentum.
if you want accelroll with a nonair, shortboost will easily be the better movement card for it
Back to top Go down
Frosty015

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:08 am

Would it be advisable to tune FLY to 39? or should I focus more on TEC?

I'm not rather fond of Accele roll, so I'm thinking of dropping it.

From the other thread I posted, having carts like Stealth system, Sniper sight, Soul eater or Stealth sytstem is useless, unless I am really good at fragging, and there are also other carts to counter them.

So right now:
Code:
Capacity +70×6
Enhance Internal Weapon x2
Float Dash
Quick Boost

Should I get a guard cart? or keep EIW?
From what I know, EIW won't be very effective unless I boost it to 2 though.

Also, for my wonderbit, right now I'm using a dual machine gun bit.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:04 am

40TEC, 38FLY.

Why focus on one when you can have both?

Last 3 breakpoints for fly is 31, 34, and 38.
Back to top Go down
Frosty015

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:13 am

Breakpoints?
And which tunes should I get in order to have 40TEC and 38FLY?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:21 am

Here, read these.

http://butr.me/bP
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t7429-boost-run-short-boost-etc-etc-charts
Back to top Go down
Frosty015

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:46 am

*reads*

Wait, will I be unable to tune my TEC once STR goes to zero or..?
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:47 am

I don't really see why you should focus a lot on building HD Lily Rain.
She's not as viable in the current arena meta as she was prior to the release of better moes/mecha. Anyway, this is what I have for you since you look like you desperately need a complete walkthrough of how to do things:

Spoiler:

Should be easy enough to do...

33 tec/31 fly
Hits fly breakpoint, gets you enough damage from all weapons

You can repeatedly junk her if you fail at tuning and bust a slot. Junking her lets you get her back at Level 0 with all her slots in tact. Useful stuff if you're unlucky at tuning. At least aim to get at least one of the Beta/Alpha tunes on each of the individual parts before you move on. Failing the second tune isn't that game breaking at all. But if you get lucky, then good for you. Tune first to 31 fly since Mobility > Damage in most cases.
+1 tunes are your friend. Use them a lot (but only on the third attempt on a 3s part). They are 100% all of the time unlike other tune ups which decrease by 10% for every tune already on a part.

I slapped on 2 zooks for obvious purposes. The G.Rapid Betas are not that hard to tune... you can force them even with just Alpha Harmonics. Last slot is for stats since you're gonna get too low on ammo if I put another one (and yea, that would pretty much be overkill) and if you actually last that long in a match to deplete all your weapons.

Her internal weapons won't get you pretty far in a match by the way (EIW effectively increases force and range, but not it's speed...though I've read that for ESP weapons, the faster the target, the faster the projectile speed -- that's if your weapons have enough range to actually hit...). Damage is decent enough, I guess. But I wouldn't rely on it too much.

As for playstyle: find good elevation; use your psy-weapons for poking at longer ranges; zooks for most airs that threaten to get close; RUN AWAY if you see anything that you know does melee.

If you want to learn for yourself, though, read from the links on LXE's post.

EDIT:

Frosty015 wrote:
*reads*

You can Alpha/Beta/Gamma tune stats and decrease any others even if they reached -20 (god help you if that ever happened)

Last edited by Ryuuichiro on Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:02 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:56 am

Frosty015 wrote:
*reads*

The game limit is 0str, but you can still tune Alpha/Beta Tec Tunes. Str will remain at 0.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:05 am

Ryuuichiro wrote:
I don't really see why you should focus a lot on building HD Lily Rain.
I don't really see why you would not once you've decided to tune her.

@Frosty015 - Don't listen to Ryuuichiro or Fireflywater.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 8:10 am

I just meant that there are a lot of better UC cores available to build around on to begin with. :>
But yea, I guess you got me there pig
Back to top Go down
IncuSlave
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
IncuSlave

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 6:32 pm

Wait, isn't the first break for TGH 11?

EDIT: Shit, my bad... that's for stun regain :/ Welp, back to the calc, now that I screwed up all my builds.
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build EmptyThu Jan 17, 2013 7:02 pm

IncuSlave wrote:
Wait, isn't the first break for TGH 11?

EDIT: Shit, my bad... that's for stun regain :/ Welp, back to the calc, now that I screwed up all my builds.

first stun regain tough breakpoint should also be 1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build   Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build Empty

Back to top Go down

Need help Finalizing Lily Rain build
Page 1 of 1