Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race

Go down 
+3
Trill
Ryuuichiro
JinNJuice
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race Empty
PostSubject: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 7:56 pm

There was this question I had in my head for a long time - What if we turned CosmicBreak into a combat racing game?

So I thought up a concept, where you race from PS to PS and break each of them in order until the opposing team's BP is depleted.

To do this we can use the Map Editor. I've illustrated the concept here.

Spoiler:

There are a few rules to this.

Spoiler:
Please post some comments and suggestions.

Last edited by LXE on Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JinNJuice
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JinNJuice

Male Posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:02 pm

Interesting concept, but there's no room for tactics or build variety. The team with the most four arms rapid fire spread type weapons wins.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

Male Posts : 1275

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:33 pm

What we can put up here would be: Guardians.
NPC's with shit-tons of attack strength and hit points to give "breakers" a challenge.
Kinda what like the Guardian NPC's do in Ragnarok's War of Emperium...though this is just a suggestion
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:41 pm

Actually, I was thinking up the concept as something that we can make using the map editor.

So stuff like NPCs or anything that can't be added using the map editor can't be in it. Good ideas though.
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:44 pm

I've never actually tried the map editor...but I guess you're trying to say that you can't put any form of spawns in it... (plus I also read somewhere that you really can't put things like lava or other stuff that damages you except meta cacti in the map you're making)
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:46 pm

Sounds like a more linear version of the new alpha test rooms, although both teams are free to attack the enemy powerspots or defend their own.

That and I think Powerspots don't cost enough to actually make the match not take 20 years. Breaking each PS repeatedly would be a pain.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:53 pm

JinNJuice wrote:
Interesting concept, but there's no room for tactics or build variety. The team with the most four arms rapid fire spread type weapons wins.
Not necessarily.

You can use Hypershot supports to speed up the damage output and/or have Vehics for transport.

Trill wrote:
Sounds like a more linear version of the new alpha test rooms, although both teams are free to attack the enemy powerspots or defend their own.

That and I think Powerspots don't cost enough to actually make the match not take 20 years. Breaking each PS repeatedly would be a pain.
Fair point, however it should be viable if there are a small amount of players. I'd say around 1-3 people per team.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 8:58 pm

Correct me if I'm wrong here but there's a way to set a floor above the map to make the paths in the map impossible to see from minimap? If possible you could go with a maze-style map where you have to actually find your way to each Powerspot? Ofcourse the map would have to be either split in two and it'd be a race, or have it be one large maze with enemy and ally powerspots across the entire map as a competition.

A little deviation from the original idea though.

A note though that you can just create a large wall to separate the two teams instead of a River
Back to top Go down
JinNJuice
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JinNJuice

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 11:34 pm

I like the maze idea, though eventually, people would remember the layout.

Another idea to maybe help this out is that the PS are at a high area that can only be reached by using a Hurricane Blow placed in the map, which blows players diagonally upwards. Therefore, it wouldn't be TOO dependent on players with the "best PS breaker alphag" build, but more on actual piloting and some attention. Also, the Hurricane Blow should move us back to the beginning of the maze. Ooh, and Meta Cacti as obstacles for shorter routes.

Oh, right. The maze should be multi-levelled to utilize the full three dimensions.

This is sort of my idea, building from yours:

Last edited by JinNJuice on Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 12:47 am

So basically, the players navigate through a maze to get to the PS, then go on to the next maze to get to the next PS, and so on and so forth.

There could be competition by placing some PS near the divider so we can have Melfi's shooting Arrow Rain through the divider and stunning the opponents to slow down their PS Breaking.

If you remember the old Pokemon ice path, we could do something like this with those hurricanes.

https://youtu.be/A_iIvxNCdHM?t=3m59s
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:26 am

Interesting concept. Sounds like it could be fun.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:33 am

iKray wrote:
Interesting concept. Sounds like it could be fun.
Interesting concept but I'm a horrible mapmaker. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Ryuuichiro
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Ryuuichiro

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 1:42 am

Those ice paths in pokemon are a pain in the ass... one wrong move and you go back to square one... nintendo and gamefreak sure knew how to troll back in the day...
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:39 am

Ryuuichiro wrote:
Those ice paths in pokemon are a pain in the ass... one wrong move and you go back to square one... nintendo and gamefreak sure knew how to troll back in the day...

Er... wrong thread?

Here's the right one if you're wondering: http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t11036-pokemon-x-y
Back to top Go down
LazyStevz
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
LazyStevz

Male Posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:32 am

I've only ever touched the map editor briefly but I LOVE the idea of some sort of race mode.

With some of the niggles hampering this idea I may do some more research. I'd really like to see something like this in game. (That and I miss night highway from the regular map roster.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 7:36 am

Gerrion wrote:
Ryuuichiro wrote:

Er... wrong thread?
Nope, right thread.
Back to top Go down
Incendium
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Incendium

Male Posts : 206

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 3:31 pm

For preventing people from going backward, you can use a one way stair that is too tall to fly over once you cross it and a low tunnel in a wall after that to force them to drop to ground
Back to top Go down
JinNJuice
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JinNJuice

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 4:16 pm

' ^ ' I thought my idea was smart enough to prevent going backwards: gigantic death pit with the PS in the middle of it, which can only be reached for a moment by Hurricane Blow placed in the map.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:12 pm

Resireth gave me his map.

http://www.mediafire.com/?i0301110qaysrks

It's a bit short as breaking 2 PS would end the game pretty quickly. So we need to add more complex mazes.
Back to top Go down
LazyStevz
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
LazyStevz

Male Posts : 135

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 9:17 pm

Been meaning to ask this... When making a custom map do you have the power to place different spawn point after a PS has been destroyed?
Back to top Go down
resireth
Master Poster
Master Poster
resireth

Male Posts : 2129

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyWed Jan 09, 2013 10:25 pm

As far as I know, no.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 4:31 am

Spent an entire afternoon making this.

Please let me know if there are bugs. Please take some screenshots.

I'm planning to add a second level to this map.

EDIT - Bug fixed the map

http://www.mediafire.com/?l2xicc80es8xjlv

1v1 ends too quickly, so I'll try making 2v2 maps, then 3v3 maps.
Back to top Go down
JinNJuice
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JinNJuice

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyThu Jan 10, 2013 10:52 am

You're a WIZ player, so I'd rather not play with you.

Just kidding. When are you usually on? I might test it out with you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race EmptyFri Jan 11, 2013 12:29 am

I just noticed that there is a limitation on how many powerspots you can have per team.

So in other words, we're going to have to make maps that are circuit based.

JinNJuice wrote:
You're a WIZ player, so I'd rather not play with you.

Just kidding. When are you usually on? I might test it out with you.
I'm WIZ but I want to be BRD.

I hang around ch1 Resort Area, and I'm usually online around 7pm (GMT+10).

EDIT - I've added a second level to the map.

Download it here - http://www.mediafire.com/?6l9udzx19q990y4

Please help me check for bugs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race   Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race Empty

Back to top Go down

Custom Gamemode - PS Breaker Race
Page 1 of 1