Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Black screen game not loading

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
chancesz
Newcomer
Newcomer

Black screen game not loading Empty
PostSubject: Black screen game not loading   Black screen game not loading EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 11:09 am

I just downloaded cosmic break and all i get after pressing Start Game at the launcher is a black screen. Can anyone help me please?

If anyone needs my specs are:

Windows 7 Starter 32bit
Intel Pentium CPU G630 @2.70Ghz (2Cpus),~2.70Ghz
2048Mb Ram
DirectX 11
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6670
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: Black screen game not loading   Black screen game not loading EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 12:44 pm

The usual, update every drivers possible.
- Update java
- Update your graphic card (we never know)

And since you are on Windows 7, you could try running it as administrator or/and XP SP3 with the compatibility tools.
Back to top Go down
chancesz
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Black screen game not loading   Black screen game not loading EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 3:54 pm

I have updated java and the latest drivers for my graphics card. Running in compatibility mode does not seem to work.

When i try to run it screen res turns to 800x600 and all i get is black screen, no sounds.

Can anyone help me please? Ive looked over the forums and most topics that concern this problem date back over a year ago. Ive tried updating everything reinstalling the game and it still doesnt work. Compatibility modes dont work either.
Back to top Go down
/dev/random
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: Black screen game not loading   Black screen game not loading EmptySat Dec 29, 2012 8:51 pm

mikuri wrote:
- Update java
CB has its own java vm, this does nothing to help.
Back to top Go down
chancesz
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Black screen game not loading   Black screen game not loading EmptySun Dec 30, 2012 3:04 am

Surely someone else must know a fix to this?

Earlier i tried it on VMware. With a windows xp OS i got it to run but it was stuck at the Cyberstep screen. I cant really play it there though, its too slow.

if it helps here is the complete system info from dxdiag.

VERY long wall of text:
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Black screen game not loading   Black screen game not loading EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 2:24 pm

Chances, it's against the rules to post twice or more in a row. I know you're trying to find a fix for your problem, and I wish I could help you myself. But the best thing you can do is simply wait for someone to help. Go on the chatbox and ask if anyone knows what to do in there and direct them to this topic so you can get further help.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Black screen game not loading   Black screen game not loading EmptyFri Jan 04, 2013 12:58 am

Try formatting your hard drive and re-install Windows 7.

That's how I got it to work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black screen game not loading   Black screen game not loading Empty

Back to top Go down

Black screen game not loading
Page 1 of 1