Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Feel like making another thread for Elisa ;/\;

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ppxeno
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ppxeno

Male Posts : 553

Feel like making another thread for Elisa ;/\; Empty
PostSubject: Feel like making another thread for Elisa ;/;   Feel like making another thread for Elisa ;/\; EmptyTue Dec 18, 2012 7:33 pm

Current Stat:

no CV tunes on LG, wasn't planning for it either. 36wlk/16tgh when auras activated

;/\;kso im totally falling in love with Elisa-hime now..like tooootally. I feel like it's one of the best bots CS has ever made..not stat/efficiency wise of course, but it just has so much potential and so many ways to build it(after CS buffed her a few times), and when you play it you really need to think, think about what you are gonna do next, how are you gonna do it, use melee or gun etc..unlike those autoaimfagsandrightclickcunts.

..and now i have some questions..after i watched a few @Kuzuha's elisa videos, i feel like even as a hybrid, sway is not that bad compare to short boost+quick land(though i've never played a sway lnd before/my elisa still doesn't have quick land now), plus obviously sway is only one cart compare to SB+QL which is two carts

now, if i changed the cart to sway, is the aiming harder or easier compare to hopping carts? how about dodging wise? lets say theres a patty as an enemy, will i dodge more bullets with sway or SB+QL? and if i choose sway i'd have one extra cart..which cart should i choose? i was deciding on either boost run(if i do that i might lower my wlk to get more slots&capa), sword guard, the first EIW or just leave it for more capa. watdo?

And about the melee...just personally, it's like every match i played with her i got more range dmg with handy zook than melee dmg, AND all those melee dmg were came from the sword rain. I really don't think her melee without 1 or 2 high glad can actually do anything..the tracking is too shitty, and the distance she moves when meleeing is too short as well. I'm not that rich to test-tune if high glads make me feel better so i need opinions on that..and slow is one option too.
i feel like, every time theres an opponent, im afraid to melee with normal princess chivalry..
1. if the opponent is melee/looks like fat manly melee bots, i would think that if i didnt land my attacks they will punch back and bully me to death cuz elisas too fragile. 2. if its an art..ya know, if i didnt get it it will quickly run away..and hopefully use a hypershot and stun me to death, or even if i got it on my first try, the same thing would happen again...yeah yeah i know most melee players know this fear well, but their bots' tracking is way better than elisa. And maybe that requires skill and experience too idk ;-;
but if i tuned slow, hopefully i'll slow em on the first hit, and then free sword rain+shooting with handy zook...idk what to do. and if i do tune the sword i needa consider capa too...idk wat to do. Sad

Now the sword rain thing.. a lot of ppl dont like to use it, but i think it's even better than the normal melee combos. you get less chance for being stunned when your casting it and it's a really powerful aoe..rush to the healing group and you will hit something eventually..or just lock on a patty or nicole or something and calculate the time they are landing, and get scores as well as wb gauge....anyways its just easier to hit ppl and overall better than the normal melee imo.
so should i tune the AM with 3x Ggrap? ...sounds like a troll build...but i'm serious. will it work nicely? or how about slow/high glad?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tl;dr: hybrid 20/20 elisa w/ 2x GRapidBeta tuned handy zook, sway or hop? Feel like the sword rain is better than normal melee, tune them or not(for capa's sake)? if tune, which? if tuning princess chivalry, slow or high glad? what about sword rain?
;/\; need a lot of feedback maybe..i've never been into something related to CB this much. im serious.
Back to top Go down
ppxeno
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ppxeno

PostSubject: Re: Feel like making another thread for Elisa ;/\;   Feel like making another thread for Elisa ;/\; EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 5:45 pm

;_;seriously gaiz?
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: Feel like making another thread for Elisa ;/\;   Feel like making another thread for Elisa ;/\; EmptyWed Dec 19, 2012 6:28 pm

I play her the same way! Ranged wep and Swords rain for nearby targets. But hum...
Her final build will have about the same stats as yours. Carts are 6x Capa, 1x EIW, Sword guard, Tough runner, Boost Run.

I think the point is to build her the way you like to play her. My weapon choice is different too.

So Sway or Hop... I heard Sway has some invincibility frames, but on my side hopping proves to help me more for the long run. But is slow possible on Swords rain? That would be very nice to include some for my own build *o*

(not telling you at all to build yours like mine, since my builds are somehow "weird"...)
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: Feel like making another thread for Elisa ;/\;   Feel like making another thread for Elisa ;/\; EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 12:13 pm

@ppxeno

Pretty much why I use Elisa. It always makes you think A LOT.

-Aiming while swaying is almost the same as Short boost. You just only have to get used to it. The advantage of Short Boost is that it gives more range depending on the direction you're going.

>As for dodging, it will depend on your opponents accuracy and weapon used on you. Sway and Short Boost have their pros and cons. Short boost would have been a better choice if only Elisa didn't have a locked melee weapon (Compare to other hoppers that can equip a shield protecting their front and a ranged weapon)

>Elisa is also limited to carrying a high cost weapon, despite the increase in capa size from a recent update.

>Sway is only 1 cart. 2 carts will be used for hopping.

-As for her melee, yeah, it kinda sucks. Well, just in this meta though since most melee bots have higher range (Luto has 70 or 80 by default) and have lag melee animation. I tuned Slow because I have better chances of slowing a target compared to melee a lot of targets in a match. Example, you'd be out-damaged by a Machinlet unless you slow it down.

-Experience will actually play a role when it comes to melee vs melee. For example, are you ready to trade attacks with Ivis? Will you out-damage her? Will you slow her first? Will your CV deactivate during the fight? Should I sway to avoid an Axer's attack and then backstab it? Should I avoid this bot?

-Chivalry Slash and Sword Rain are moves that have to be planned properly. Normally, I would rush and use a pillar and then Sword Rain. That is, if none of the targets fly away. So it has its own risks. Also, this move can be interrupted when attacked. You also can be bumped away despite that you already have caught your target in the AoE. Those are some points that you have to look into. So better prepare when you're about attack a healing group.

>Tuning 3xGrap/Slow/High Glad would seem very interesting. But, no. I recommend you use normal stat tunes on the AM. The question here is, how often are you able to use Sword Rain in a match? How often do you successfully hit a target? Remember, just because you were able to root a target doesn't always mean that you'd be able to damage them successfully (yes there are cases that you get bumped away or they get blown away by your teammate, or their shield protected them from an attack)

>Sword Rain's highest damage occurs when it's used as a back attack. The dash animation that Elisa does at the beginning of the attack? She can phase through her target and get to their backs. That is, if they're in the right distance. Shields will block Elisa's ability to phase through.

>Tuning Slow will not work because of the Sword Rain's shock overlapping it in the process.

Right now, I think it's best for Elisa to have a range weapon instead of a buckler. Play her as a range/melee fighter. Pure melee is for Elisa Glanz now.

Just my 2 cents.

Back to top Go down
ppxeno
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ppxeno

PostSubject: Re: Feel like making another thread for Elisa ;/\;   Feel like making another thread for Elisa ;/\; EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 7:06 pm

@Kuzuha, o.o ty for the info.
i guess you missed the image of its current stat on the very top of the thread...yes i'm using a 2x GRB tuned handy zook with 20str/20tec right now. As for now i really think sway is better than hopping in many ways >.< sway gunner is not as popular as hoppers since the very beginning i think, so ppl should somewhat get a sense of hoppers position (where it will land etc.)but not for sway since sway is not as popular as hoppers imo. at least for me, i had more trouble shooting a sway gunner than a hopping gunner. plus sway gives actual invincibility but short boost is just a chance of dodging (idk..im not really good at hopping though :<), if you are surrounded by enemies you can dash out using sway, but you cant actually do anything with hopping unless you have absorb pump..especially when your bullied by stunlock melees.
As for melee attack, i..almost dont use princess chivalry unless im farming -__- the one thing im confusing about is that idk if its totally dependent on your skill to hit something with princess chivalry or you just cant hit a thing unless you tune a high glad on it. so even if i tuned a high glad and still cant hit anything like you did/afraid to melee, then the 2 slow tunes would just be useless for me...
as for the sword rain, well..although i use it more times than princess chivalry in a match, but like you said it's still just a very small part compare to shooting with zook. i mean...if i dont use melee unless its needed to fill aura then the whole concept is messed up, and elisa will just turn into a normal lnd hopper with not-so-good stat and 2x shields/needs to fill WB gauge in a dangerous way constantly/not be able to WB dodge, compare to accel saber/estes/other hopping lnd cores. so im always trying to give myself a reason to use melee other than the starting 20str...like a burden D: idk what should i do.
Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: Feel like making another thread for Elisa ;/\;   Feel like making another thread for Elisa ;/\; EmptyMon Dec 24, 2012 9:26 pm

Ok, I see your point now. Your current build is alright but (I'll have to be honest here ok?) it lacks defensive capabilities. Elisa isn't an offensive fighter imo. That's why my build focuses on her defensive side.

It would be best also that you boost her normal walk to 36 (no aura mode). The purpose of aura mode is to give extra boost on Elisa's stats. Not boost her stats reach breakpoints an average land bot can do. The aura concept becomes pointless.

-Now for Chivalry Slash and Sword Rain, so we don't get confused, let's combine those 2 moves (since Sword Rain comes in first then Elisa swings her sword which is Chivalry Slash. Actually, Sword Rain got its name because of the animation when using Chivalry Slash).

Using Chivalry Slash isn't easy. It's a very predictable move. That's why you have to use this when your team is engaging an opponent. In the long run, you'll be able to use this offensively but let's stick with the first option I mentioned for the meantime.

Don't be afraid to loose your aura. Just use it wisely. Both melee modes of Elisa have their own purposes.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Feel like making another thread for Elisa ;/\;   Feel like making another thread for Elisa ;/\; Empty

Back to top Go down

Feel like making another thread for Elisa ;/\;
Page 1 of 1