Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based?

Go down 
+4
Miko Miko Spark
JinNJuice
That_Wiesel_Guy
Frederica-Bernkastel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Frederica-Bernkastel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Frederica-Bernkastel

Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based? Empty
PostSubject: Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based?   Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:17 pm

Sup! Got a couple of questions regarding the new Crim.

Anyone know whether her melee is tec or str based?

Also, any cart recommendations? Weapons worth tuning?

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based?   Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based? EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 11:25 pm

Melee is str based.
Back to top Go down
JinNJuice
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JinNJuice

Male Posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based?   Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 1:01 am

Being a small humanoid, she is naturally weak. If you wanna be the silly air melee, tgh tunes, Stun Regain if she has it, MAYBE CV (I wouldn't recommend it, being super weak still), High Grappler and High Gladiator, and then right click harder. Only difference is that you might be crushing your spacebar.
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based?   Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 2:23 am

For air melee, you'll DEFINITELY want CV. It really helps seeing how easily you get stunned as an air and also makes a nice escape tactic. Accele Roll as well, if you plan on not using wings alot and coupled with float dash is a nice combination. If that's the case, take quick boost. Melee standalone is fine by itself, (You could do slow tunes, but she's so capa tight, it's pretty suffering) but Seraph Shot and Homing Blaster do need tunes, I'd recommend rapids, on both.

But then again, I'm bad, it's just me. It's just my cheap 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Miko Miko Spark
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Miko Miko Spark

Other / Decline to state Posts : 267

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based?   Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 3:08 am

That_Wiesel_Guy wrote:
For air melee, you'll DEFINITELY want CV. It really helps seeing how easily you get stunned as an air and also makes a nice escape tactic. Accele Roll as well, if you plan on not using wings alot and coupled with float dash is a nice combination. If that's the case, take quick boost. Melee standalone is fine by itself, (You could do slow tunes, but she's so capa tight, it's pretty suffering) but Seraph Shot and Homing Blaster do need tunes, I'd recommend rapids, on both.

But then again, I'm bad, it's just me. It's just my cheap 2 cents.

I wish her build allowed all that... Her TGH is horrid and bumping it up is already a hassle, so sacrificing it for higher capacity doesn't sound like a great idea.

Besides her cost is f*cking huge as is.

Sadly the build I'm planning to get for her only includes Quick Boost + Broad Radar + Stun Regain + CV x2 + Prop Bit + Capa Tune + Accele Roll and 12 TGH, 31 TEC, and 38 FLY, not being able to even tune the weapons that much and I'm already maxed out. Even though I'm not going melee (Frankly the tracking is terrible), CV on this bot is really reliable and on any semi low TGH AIR. But then again this is the first time I CV tuned an AIR before, so I dunno if she needs 2 or just 1.

Dunno if Broad should be dropped or not, but considering she's still a squishy AIR and my personal preference I wouldn't ever let go of Broad in fear of Mialy/Monica/Kagura/Illumis/etc.

EDIT: Calc update has her now
EDIT 2: Hurr I forgot I can just use Tough Tunes
Spoiler:

Her horrid capacity doesn't allow me to do much else with the build. Not to derail or anything but any tips?
Back to top Go down
Frederica-Bernkastel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Frederica-Bernkastel

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based?   Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 7:48 am

What else does her Enhance Internal Weapon do besides adding ammo for the wings?

I was gonna take two but now I feel like dropping one for Broad Radar.

Back to top Go down
Kuzuha
What Abbey Get
What Abbey Get

Male Posts : 2441

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based?   Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:20 am

not all melee are str based (ex. Lux Legion's melee is tec based)
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based?   Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 10:26 am

I don't know why you guys care so much about having too much cost nowadays if you don't ever die... but whatever.

Spoiler:
My set up has a rather lower damage output compared to other builds that people might have been thinking of making, but incorporates slow tunes to shut down enemies, 38 fly, accel roll and Crimson Veil.

With Air Melee, your prime targets are usually going to be (In order of priorities):
Other Air Units
Hoppers
Support Units (Special cases can occur if they are too good of a support unit, in which, you really want to take them out as quickly as possible.)
Art Units

Considering Seraph's melee has multiple hits incorporated within her melee combo, proc'ing Slow is going to be a common occurrence. The tec is there to simply to have the damage of her Spear Nova and Seraph Spear Wave Attack deal decent enough damage where it's actually going to be threatening. I would not see why you would ever need the homing blaster as the range and speed of the weapon is considerably lower compared to Aquila Girl or Lios. (Not to mention, the force of her weapon is also lower, which is significant considering an extra 1 force on multihitting weapons are a significant decrease in output)

EDIT: Also Kuzuha: It is tested that Seraph's melee is str based, and not tec based. If CS made a mistake, well... nuts.

EDIT v2.0: right after I said that the homing blaster is useless, I guess if you slowed down the enemy, the homing blaster can do a number on enemies who cant run, so disregard that I said, "I would not see why you would ever... ...lower compared to Aquila Girl or Lios."
Even more so, I think it would still be better if You had the Seraph Spear Wave attack as your main.
Back to top Go down
Spectrion
Spectrion

Male Posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based?   Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:34 pm

I heard slow can only proc on the first spear hit though.
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based?   Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based? EmptySat Nov 24, 2012 11:44 pm

Spectrion wrote:
I heard slow can only proc on the first spear hit though.
Tis a lie I stated. Pay no attention to it.
Back to top Go down
ppxeno
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
ppxeno

Male Posts : 553

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based?   Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Spoiler:

idk if i wanna make her tech based or str based...cant decide
Back to top Go down
Spectrion
Spectrion

Male Posts : 65

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based?   Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based? EmptyTue Nov 27, 2012 9:55 pm

Well 3 out of her 4 weapons are tech based, so unless you want to melee (not sure why considering she's a low tgh air and lnd melee would rape her) its not worth it to tune stg. I think Ill play her as an upgraded fusion between seraph and AG. Hopefully they make her melee tech based so we can get the best of both worlds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based?   Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based? Empty

Back to top Go down

Crimrose Sigma's melee - str or tec based?
Page 1 of 1