Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Can someone explain the game to me?

Go down 
+7
milk
Astral_Dono
MagicPotatoplz
Scott-kip
Fireflywater
mikuri
septers
11 posters
AuthorMessage
septers
Newcomer
Newcomer
septers

Male Posts : 4

Can someone explain the game to me? Empty
PostSubject: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:02 pm

I honestly suck at this game, have no idea how to build robots, Have no idea what to even do, and often just spend all off my uc in Garapon. Can someone please explain how to become better or what to do? preferably like I'm 5, because when I lurk around the forums all I see is seraph, HD, and other things that I have no idea what are. Ex: Seraph Crimrose or ALE Crimrose. This would be appreciated as I like the game and would like to become better at it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:06 pm

Charge Rt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:12 pm

The curse of tunk
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:13 pm

Feed in arena games.
Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:15 pm

Lets just say you won't get anything done talking to the community. It's best to learn things and wiki things you don't understand all by yourself.
Back to top Go down
mikuri
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
mikuri

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:19 pm

Best way to learn is to explore in-game
Back to top Go down
Scott-kip
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Scott-kip

Male Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:20 pm

you must use the heart of the farao and unleash exeveia to obliterate the enemy
Back to top Go down
MagicPotatoplz
Adept Poster
Adept Poster

Male Posts : 898

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:34 pm

cony cherif
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:48 pm

Okay, very funny everyone. Now try answering him and giving him at least some form of help >_>

Also, can you please specify what you want help on septers?
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:56 pm

are you rolling the super uc gara?
have you gotten a weapon called stardust cannon or wide beam gun from it yet?
those are some pretty nice weapons aside from others ya can get from there.
uh, but most of the time you will have to just test out things for yourself.
and seraph crimrose is an upgrade from normal crim.
and ale is this special new crim variation that drops from arena for a while.
uh, let's see.
some bots i would recommend at the top of my head would be saggitary maxis 1, big mountaiz or aquila (for stardust cannon), swordwing, mecha jetter. any of the hd starters are decent too.
there's a decent amount of cool weapons you can grab right now.
like, straight from the shop.
wide beam gun, plasma gun. beam rifle. handy bazooka, bazooka.
Back to top Go down
septers
Newcomer
Newcomer
septers

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 8:59 pm

O-o well that was the fastest replies I have ever seen. I guess to shorten it down I would just like to know how to get and build better bots ? Also what to spend my uc on. Thanks for the info Miliken.
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:03 pm

What a helpful lot you all are |:

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t10610-beginner-s-tuning-guide

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t10400-short-and-sweet-epoch-guide

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t9266-5-30-useful-non-gara-resources

I'd like to emphasize a thourough reading of the first and third posts, actually.

I'd elaborate on exactly what everything means; but I'm not really sure what level you're at in understanding. If you're literally fresh out of the signup screen, there's not much I can explain that won't already go over your head.

I'll start with the examples listed then, I guess. Seraph Crimrose is an upgrade to regular Crimrose. Since you no longer are given a non-HD Crimrose right out of the box, you must buy her from the shop for a meager amount of UC. If you look in the Items section of the store, you can find Seraph promotions. These are a bit heftier in price, but it's very well worth the cost. You can also luck out and get one from Lotto Cubes. The UC Seraph promotions and the Rt Seraph promotions only differ in colors. You can evolve a Crimrose as early as level 8, but her stats will be significantly lower than a Crimrose evolved at level 10. It's suggested you wait until she is level 10.

Since you start with HD-version of Crimrose, it's important to also point out that she can be evolved into a HD Seraph, who's promotion is only obtainable via UC DX Garapon. This is obviously luckbased, so there is no set price on how much it could take. HD Seraph's performance is not better or worse, so I suggest waiting to attempt to get one.

All that aside I'll just say that starting out is very hard in this game. You'll most likely die to swarms of nignogs in the circle rooms for a while, who are still riding on their free Hu cube robot they got a while back. Unfortunately, you hopped on the Cosmic Kusoge bandwagon a month or so too late, and you missed out on this Hu cube ( although I'm sure you could hunt around for one of the plethoras of abandoned accounts with "topteir" moes on them).

There's really two ways to go about playing this game as a free-to-play player; lucking out via UC>RT gara rolls and never needing to think about building again (see: 1x'ing HD Ivis, Sylvia, Eris, Resha, Mialy, etc), or slaving through Haku and building up very respectable builds from the thread above. That being said, building in this game revolves just as much around tunes as it does parts. http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t6139-xz-s-guide-to-building-bots this is something nice to glance at for a very rough outline on how you can actually go about putting everything together well

http://cosmiccalc.zzl.org/
http://cosmiccalc.vacau.com/

These two sites are identical, and are a staple part of planning out -any- build you go about making. Tuning parts and leveling bots can be somewhat of an investment, and these two sites let you plug everything in to make sure everything adds up. That being said, there is a lot of posts already for most bots in existance, so a quick search may reveal builds themself, or atleast a direction most people go in. But by all means, don't be afraid to just try things. Aside from tunes, there's not many ways you can permanently damage a bot that junking the core and rebuilding won't fix.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:06 pm

septers wrote:
I honestly suck at this game, have no idea how to build robots, Have no idea what to even do, and often just spend all off my uc in Garapon. Can someone please explain how to become better or what to do? preferably like I'm 5, because when I lurk around the forums all I see is seraph, HD, and other things that I have no idea what are. Ex: Seraph Crimrose or ALE Crimrose. This would be appreciated as I like the game and would like to become better at it.

>I suck at this game
to be expected, it's very hard to get into at this point in time, you tend to just die before realizing what your mistake was, making it impossible to learn from it.

>I have no idea how to build robots
1. mobility first
2. never do hybrid builds(also go for either ranged or melee, never try to find a way to do both, it doesn't work outside of a few select things which aren't even that good.) (Also don't bother with melee, all melee is trash)
3. Some weapons are bad and will not work, ever. Don't use those weapons.

>I spend all my UC in garapon
you probably want to grab the following from the shop in order to make a basic build:
1. Accel Saber GP
2. Crabberoid
3. Bazooka
Put the crabberoid legs on the accel saber body, keep it's original arms and booster. Slap on a second head(look for WLK). Stick the bazooka on it, level it up and take the short boost cartridge. Now you can jump around people. Very basic bot that works pretty well. You can use 3 of these in lowlevel rooms to learn things like how to move to hit things, how to dodge with your mobility, how to aim, and what you should be shooting at and what you should be avoiding.
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:13 pm

i also want to say that uc>rt is going to reset on the 29th.
so if you haven't even touched the uc to rt, then now would be a good time, yo.
Back to top Go down
septers
Newcomer
Newcomer
septers

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:23 pm

Well then thank you Trill and Winty, I'll be sure to try out these options. This is going to sound mega retarded, but I was actually a beta tester of CB and had a gold robot ( have no idea what happened to it), But in short I had no idea what to do in the Closed bet and have somewhat of an idea now. I'm still a little confused though, should I still be spending my money on garapon?
I'm the 6th level beginner thing to.
My bots:
Crimrose lvl3:
2x cost capacity and beam guard
2x Bloom Mariah:
Ones lvl 0 the other is 1
Jaguar arm:
Nothing
Destructor CN:
Lvl 1 with cost cap.
Lvl 6 Winberrl:
3x cost cap
1x sword guard
1x blast guard
1x beam guard
I used those pot things on this one cause I mostly played as here, but now I like Crimrose.
lvl 0 King megaton
that is it.

how much RT should I get from it?

Miliken wrote:
try to not double post.

Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:30 pm

at least the first 10 rt that costs 700 ea, preferably as much as you can if you ask me

a case can be made if you're saving uc for other things like tuning or buying mats but you could always just make more uc
Back to top Go down
septers
Newcomer
Newcomer
septers

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:31 pm

KK, But what should I do with the rt then?
Back to top Go down
Trill
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
Trill

Male Posts : 3071

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:39 pm

I'd very strongly suggest saving it all up annd then next time UC>RT resets, picking up a Victorl in the shop for 100 RT. It's a somewhat hefty price, but it's definately more than worth it. He's practically the best L-art core in the game, besting that of even Garapon options.
Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 9:47 pm

save it up for... anything, really, it's your rt

that said i wouldnt chuck it in the first gara that catches your eye, shop has a lot of cool things too:

Victorl I-SR (100rt): L-sized artillery bot with a frontal shield, great capacity and a nice cart selection; among the best arts period

Asura AMJ (50rt ea): these aren't for arena, but rather for killing bosses (specifically Berzelius); they allow you to add an extra arm to your bot. toss two of these on an accel saber or whatever and give him four custom shotguns and he'll happily tear berz up for you

Thoarla Nimbus (50rt): the core itself is kind of hard to use due to various issues (ask rukoto he uses a thoarla main), but what we're looking for here is the LG, which allows you to tack an extra BS on for more slots/stats. if you already have a Thoarla from somewhere else, you can buy the LGs alone from the parts shop for 30rt ea

there are probably other things that aren't coming to mind but meh
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyWed Nov 21, 2012 10:04 pm

i'd probably try to get the most bang for my rt.
get an air, like mecha jetter. (17 rt)
saggitary maxis (45 rt)
and a weapon for your new mecha jetter.
like, power shooter (30 rt)
though there's already some decent non-rt weapons for mecha jetter.
i personally haven't tried out victorl i-sr.
but i've heard a lot of good things about him.
the rt is assuming you buy all 50 before it resets and the next 50 from the new batch.
Back to top Go down
Winty
God Poster
God Poster
Winty

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 2:15 am

Notable shop RT things(IMO):
Victorl(already mentioned)
Brickgale BLUE(decent core, very nice booster)
Amateus(still a decent core, some nice parts)
Maril March(Good core, I'm not sure if the free offer thing to get the alternate core still works)
Force barrier LGJ(really good defensive option that you can stick on a lot of things)

I really don't think shop weapons are worth it, despite there being several really good ones in there(double beam gun, ABR, power shooter, blast bazooka, mine shooter, railgun) because they are 1s, which limits their longterm usefulness. A few weapons in there would be good on MB airbots, but that is not something you'll be getting unless you get extremely lucky or invest actual money into the game, and even then it takes time so you can worry about it later.

Notable RT shop bots that have good parts but are otherwise mostly outclassed by other things:
Thoarla(her LG is great, rest not so good.)
Assault Ox(has a nice booster)
Psycho Formula(Has nice legs)
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? EmptyThu Nov 22, 2012 12:49 pm

I think everyone covered everything, wow.

Uh, buy Mach Knight One for its head and legs. It is a really good head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can someone explain the game to me?   Can someone explain the game to me? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can someone explain the game to me?
Page 1 of 1