Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype

Go down 
+6
That_Wiesel_Guy
Mithril
JadeCicada
Suguri
Scott-kip
Shai
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype   Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:52 pm

http://www.theverge.com/2012/11/5/3603014/windows-live-messenger-retirement-skype

NNNOOOOOOOOOOO!!! ; ___ ;
Back to top Go down
Scott-kip
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Scott-kip

Male Posts : 941

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype   Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 4:57 pm

I stopped using wlm along time ago, so im not too affected

sucks for people who use it alot, though.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype   Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:10 pm

no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no

wow fuck that
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype   Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:33 pm

Welp, time to fully switch to skype.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype   Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 5:50 pm

no fuck that I'm not reinstalling that bloated piece of shit

no more IMs for me
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype   Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:05 pm

Go grab Pidgin then.
Back to top Go down
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype   Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:18 pm

I used to use that, I use Trillian now.

Which does allow Skype, but still required that I actually had Skype running to use that, lacked editing/deleting messages, and frequently dropped lines.
Back to top Go down
Shai
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
Shai

Female Posts : 4410

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype   Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:23 pm

Nothing can replace Messenger for me.

I prefer the way Messenger keeps the chatlogs more then how Skype does.

Customization wise I love Messenger. You can change the whole skin/layout of Messenger, use different colored text, put in your own emotes, different fonts, see other people's fonts, have animated avatars, your own background in your chat window, able to do handwriting to draw random doodles. ; -;

All Skype has is change the font for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Mithril
Mithril

Male Posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype   Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 6:57 pm

Awww, man. This is terrible. The main reason I use MSN is for the easy photo sharing. (I also enjoyed the doodling immensely before they removed it from windows live messenger) Since I collect all my pictures, I can find them more easily from my hard drive. No need to get an image hosting site or have the other person download the file to look at it with MSN's photo sharing...

I really hope they implement a feature like this (at least for 1 on 1 chats) into Skype, instead of the current file sharing system. At least I've already migrated over to Skype for general chatting. But I've still been using MSN with Mili for the one feature I can't live without. ;_;
Back to top Go down
That_Wiesel_Guy
Legendary Poster
Legendary Poster
That_Wiesel_Guy

Male Posts : 4551

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype   Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:04 pm

Come back to skype suguri.
Back to top Go down
Firaragun
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Firaragun

Male Posts : 105

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype   Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 7:22 pm

nowat pls microsoft don't do this. ;_;
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype   Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 8:05 pm

It's not like MS hasn't already driven MSN Messenger into the fucking ground over the last god knows how many fucking years anyways, good riddance I say.
Back to top Go down
wonjoon
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
wonjoon

Female Posts : 782

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype   Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Even though I don't really do much chatting, I'll miss MSN, cause it was first messenger I ever used /=
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype   Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 12:59 pm

I use the facebook chat anyway, but you could always use this.

http://blog.emesene.org/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype   Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype Empty

Back to top Go down

Microsoft to retire Windows Live Messenger in favor of Skype
Page 1 of 1