Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Some stuff I want to set straight

Go down 
+3
Tuskin
reVelske
Midreus
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Some stuff I want to set straight  Empty
PostSubject: Some stuff I want to set straight    Some stuff I want to set straight  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:28 am

Okay, I noticed that you guys do not understand some things about me. I've been arguing too much in the Shoutbox, and you guys just don't seem to understand things right about me. You think I play these things for reasons that I don't, and you don't know why I do/don't like stuff.

Well this topic will explain some of the main things about me. I hope most of you come down here and check this out, because this will hopefully make you guys know what I mean by stuff, and stop you all from saying untrue stuff about me.

Okay, now lets begin.

1: I AM NOT A GODDAMN PERVERT WITH A SICK MIND
Honestly, how do you guys see anything sexual in some of the stuff I show? I mean its like you immediately assume the Rule34 of something, and not its normal self. Like for instance, some of you guys thought of Summer Aila as phallic, since she has a popsicle, but how? I saw nothing wrong with her using a popsicle-like sword, hell I eat popsicles all the time, and they aren't phallic. Apparently, some of you perverts here must be able to find something like that with you're dirty minds. I wouldn't be surprised if you found something sexual of a picture of a rock sitting in the middle of nowhere.
I'm not like that. I think of things in a normal manner, and not like that. I hate how some of you are like that though. It grosses me out.

2: I LIKE MOST ANIME FOR CUTESY AND CUDDLY AND SNUGGLY AND FLUFFYNESS, NOT SEXUALITY.
Like I like many animes such as Sonic X, Strike Witches, Touhou, Madoka Magika, K-ON, Cosmic Break, SD Gundam Force, and many others, for those reasons. I like the cuteys in there, who look so fluffy and snuggly and cuddly. I'd love to grab them, and squeeze them, till little floating pink hearts come out of them and they make a :3 face, and then I'll squeeze them even more, till they start being even more cute. I even own Plush Dolls of many of them, which is pretty much the closest thing to really doing that.

I also like features that make them even more cutesy, such as Kitten/Puppy Ears, Maid Outfits, Drill Hair, Glasses, Pinku-stuff, fluffy ribbons, chibi-ness, and more. Those make me wanna cuddle and squeeze them even more. Like Kitten Ears make them so fluffy and cuddly like a real cat would, and I'd want to pet them behind the ears like I do with my cats at home. Maid Outfits make them almost look like a big, frilly, stuffed pillow, and I'd hug them a ton for that.

I don't think of those characters in a sexual way though, like you do. I think of them in a cute and cuddly way, and that's how they should be thought of. In fact, in the respective anime's they appear in, many of the characters even said stuff like "She's so cute" or "Aww, you look so cute like that," which proves that it's meant to be cute. I don't see them as Fan Service like some of you perverts do. I think of them as Cute Service.

This is what I enjoy the anime characters in my stuff doing.
Spoiler:

NOT SEXUAL STUFF, JUST CUTE AND CUDDLY AND NICE STUFF. DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND NOW?!?!

3: I LIKE MOST ANIME FOR SCI-FI STUFF AND REALLY AWESOME, SOPHISTICATED, COOL-LOOKING, ARMED ROBOTS, BUT ONLY THE ONES THAT ARE DONE CORRECTLY.
Like I enjoy seeing big, awesome-looking robots fight it out, and seeing them packed with lasers and rockets and mega-punches and stuff. I'm into that sort of Sci-Fi, and that's why I like Gundam, Sonic X, Strike Witches, Armored Core, Mechwarriors, Metal Gear Solid, Megaman, Astro-Boy, and plenty more.
However, some robots are done in a stupid-looking manner to me, and that is why I dislike them. I hate robots that look ugly or dumb to me. Robots such as Mechazawa from Cromartie High, the EVA Units in Evangelion, Getter Robo, Power Rangers, Gurren and Lagann, and a few others, I find to be dumb robots, and aren't appealing to me. I hate them a lot for that too.

These are awesome robots to me.
Spoiler:

and these are dumb robots to me.
Spoiler:

SEE THE FUCKING DIFFERENCE NOW?

4: I LIKE MOST ANIME FOR AWESOME, ACTION-PACKED, BATTLE SCENES, BUT ONLY WHEN THEY ARE DONE IN THE RIGHT MANNER.
Like I like to see anime where good portions of it involve them fighting some immensely powerful foe, and they do it with their special powers and weapons and stuff. However, it has to be done correctly for me to like it. For example, the battles in SD Gundam Force, Strike Witches, Sonic X, Madoka Magika, and Touhou would be considered done correctly to me. The battles in DBZ, Gurren Lagann, Naruto, and Elfen Leid, are not done correctly for me, and that's why I hate them. I like lots of action scenes, but only action scenes that are done correctly.

5: I AM NOT INTO FUCKING GURO!!!
Seriously, I do not like to see lots of blood and guts and mutilation that has extreme amounts of blood. I can handle the amount of blood in some stuff, like the amount of blood in Call Of Duty, or Strike Witches, or such. However, I can't handle extreme amounts of blood, like the blood in Elfen Leid, Saya No Uta, Mai-Chan's Daily Life, EVA, or Splatterhouse. That amount of blood makes me want to puke, and it scares me. Also I don't like seeing internal organs or guts being ripped out, or eyeballs being gouged. That also scares me and grosses me out.

However, characters with detachable heads/limbs are not Guro, as long as it has no blood/little blood or doesn't appear to be causing them massive amounts of pain. I'm into those sorts of characters, since they are sometimes interesting and funny, and they're good for making puns about such as "Wow, you really did lose your head that battle." They aren't Guro though, but they are still cool. I mean characters such as Buggy the Clown and Trafalgar Law in One-Piece, Celty Sturlson in Durarara, Ling-Ling Wong in Rosario+Vampire, Nadia Fortune in Skullgirls, and such, are not Guro, just characters with the ability to harmlessly detach and reattach their limbs.

There's a difference, so get it right. I'M NOT INTO FUCKING GURO!!!

6: I DO NOT SEE ANY OF THESE THINGS IN A SEXUAL MANNER LIKE YOU GUYS DO. I SEE THEM IN A NORMAL MANNER, WHICH THEY ARE MEANT TO BE PERCEIVED AS.
Honestly, what's so sexual about some of this stuff? Like you find something sexual about seeing an ordinary chibi character just standing around, and you guys say immediately that you want to do something very revolting and disturbing to her, that I don't even want to mention. Why not pick her up and snuggle her like she's a teddy bear or something? Honestly, does every goddamn thing have to look sexual to some of you perverts.

I don't think that way about them. I think of them as big, cuddly sweeties. Even the girls in Strike Witches, the first thing I look at is their sweet, adorable, moe' faces and their fluffy cuddly kitten ears and tails. I don't even look at or recognize features such as pantsu or such 75% of the time, and when I do, I lose my focus on that over the cutesyness.

That's why I dislike characters such as Yoko in Gurren Lagann, or Rei in EVA. They don't have any cute and cuddly features for me too look at. Just gross, disturbing, sexual stuff that I hate.

7: I DO NOT HAVE AUTISM, ADHD, DOWNS, OR ANYTHING ELSE LIKE THAT. I AM OFFENDED BY THE PEOPLE HERE WHO ASSUMED I DO FOR NO GOOD REASON.
Honestly, I do not have any mental illnesses at all, and I've even been diagnosed to check before. I find it to be rather offensive that some of you think of me that way, and I take it as an insult. How would you like it if I suddenly said that some of you have Dementia, out of the blue? I bet you'd find that offensive too. I certainly would.

8: I DO NOT PLAY COSMIC BREAK BECAUSE IT "TURNS ME ON." I PLAY IT BECAUSE I STILL THINK OF THE GAMEPLAY AS FUN, AND I LIKE THE AWESOME ROBOTS, AND THE CUTESY AND CUDDLY AND HUGGABLE SWEETIES.
As you read above, Cosmic Break has pretty much all those things I enjoy, and I like Cosmic Break for that. I do not find Cosmic Break to be sexual. I find it to be cute, have cool fights, and good gameplay, and nice amounts of customization. Also I happen to have obtained some neat stuff in it and have gotten rather far. So I like Cosmic Break for that too. I honestly don't see anything sexual at all in Cosmic Break. Even the default description on many of the robots that are cute, says that they are supposed to be cute, so there you have it. I wish more of you would enjoy it for that manner too. Its an action-packed and cutesy game.

There, I hope that this clears things up with people here such as Scott-Kipp, Diabolical, and a few others. I'm glad though, that there are plenty of people here who don't do stuff like this to me though, such as JadeCicada, NEXT, and others.
Now I hope you understand this now. Now STOP TREATING ME THIS WAY AND GET IT RIGHT NOW!!! FUCK!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: Some stuff I want to set straight    Some stuff I want to set straight  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:36 am

lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some stuff I want to set straight    Some stuff I want to set straight  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:44 am

I just felt that making a topic for it would finally get it in their heads, since explaining it to them in the Shoutbox didn't seem to be working very well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some stuff I want to set straight    Some stuff I want to set straight  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:44 am

lol
Back to top Go down
reVelske
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
reVelske

Male Posts : 3758

PostSubject: Re: Some stuff I want to set straight    Some stuff I want to set straight  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:47 am

galaxina wrote:
I just felt that making a topic for it would finally get it in their heads.

Do you really?

Do you honestly think people will read through an essay worth of you talking about yourself?

Do you honestly think making a thread of you talking about yourself is going to make others think any better of you?
Back to top Go down
JadeCicada
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
JadeCicada

PostSubject: Re: Some stuff I want to set straight    Some stuff I want to set straight  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:50 am

I really have to catch you on the guro point. I've tried to explain this one to you twice in chat.

Guro isn't strictly about blood. It doesn't even necessarily have to be about direct pain. It also has to do with general forms of disfigurement and dismemberment - everything which constitutes damage to a normal human body. The victim needn't express pain about it, they may not even express alarm.

When I was first introduced to the very concept of guro, it was all about amputees. And had much more of a sympathy angle than the sadist or bloodmongering angle that you seem to conclude is what the term solely refers to. But that's not all what guro is. There is also a side that enjoys (admittedly dark) humor with regards to it, and as I was first told about it, a side that is sympathetic to it.

Recall that a dullahan is where it is because of the head being severed. It doesn't matter how much the scenario is played for laughs (I know Monmusume has a lot of general humour with their dullahan), it doesn't matter how much the fact there was dismemberment is a background item, it still is a fact of the material. Dismemberment is still dismemberment.

I am making this post because I'd like you to stop being repulsed by the label of guro. We know you don't like blood, you've made this clear a ton of times. That doesn't discredit that your like of "comedic dismemberment" is still classified as guro, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with this. Someone who falls into pieces is unnatural, be it because they're immortal and can survive it or otherwise have no qualms with the situation. It is disfigurement of a person's body.

Please accept that this term isn't something to be ashamed of. Guro is a broad category. It applies to an extremely wide set of tastes with an extremely wide set of expressions to those tastes. It has happiness, sadness, mirth, fear, pain, enjoyment, acceptance, horror, comedy, neutrality, all elements of so many faces that it can be expressed in both the subject of the work and in those who observe it. The sooner you accept that "Okay, dismemberment is guro, whether or not there is blood or pain", the sooner people will stop making a big deal out of it. At the core, people who are repulsed by this imagery are repulsed because of the nature of dismemberment, not because of the guro label. So there's no reason to be so obstinate about avoiding the label.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Some stuff I want to set straight    Some stuff I want to set straight  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:50 am

lol

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: Some stuff I want to set straight    Some stuff I want to set straight  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 1:55 am

galaxina wrote:

5: I AM NOT INTO FUCKING GURO!!!
Seriously, I do not like to see lots of blood and guts and mutilation that has extreme amounts of blood. I can handle the amount of blood in some stuff, like the amount of blood in Call Of Duty, or Strike Witches, or such. However, I can't handle extreme amounts of blood, like the blood in Elfen Leid, Saya No Uta, Mai-Chan's Daily Life, EVA, or Splatterhouse. That amount of blood makes me want to puke, and it scares me. Also I don't like seeing internal organs or guts being ripped out, or eyeballs being gouged. That also scares me and grosses me out.

However, characters with detachable heads/limbs are not Guro, as long as it has no blood/little blood or doesn't appear to be causing them massive amounts of pain. I'm into those sorts of characters, since they are sometimes interesting and funny, and they're good for making puns about such as "Wow, you really did lose your head that battle." They aren't Guro though, but they are still cool. I mean characters such as Buggy the Clown and Trafalgar Law in One-Piece, Celty Sturlson in Durarara, Ling-Ling Wong in Rosario+Vampire, Nadia Fortune in Skullgirls, and such, are not Guro, just characters with the ability to harmlessly detach and reattach their limbs.

There's a difference, so get it right. I'M NOT INTO FUCKING GURO!!!

But the thing is, you're the one who's wrong here. Detachable limbs still count as guro, even if there isn't blood or guts or anything involved. As long as there is dismemberment, it is guro. We've explained this to you before, you can't just simply wish the world's view on something away because you don't think it's right or true.

This goes for the rest of your things, as well. We find things as sexual because they can be seen as sexual, and honestly, Aila's Popsicle sword is pretty damn sexual. Just because you don't find it sexual doesn't mean the rest of the world isn't going to. The world isn't going to bend to your views.

Quite frankly, a lot of the views/things you are disgusted by are unfortunately (for you) quite the normal thing to speak about and talk about in every day life. You don't seem to get this. You don't seem to notice that the world is pretty damn sexualized, and that it's not bad to talk about how things are able to be sexualized. It's not abnormal at all. People do freaking Obama/Romney yaoi fanfics. People like to talk about how bangable a guy is. I mean, for fuck's sake, I listen to my lab partner tell his friend about the chick at work he wants to bang. And yet you are supposedly 20 and going to college and yet you still find this "icky" and you wonder why people think you're strange, because you kind of are strange.

Also you don't seem to understand even the word you keep using and calling us, because your brain has been so addled with animu.

Also, you really, really need to understand more about plot and character design and story structure and symbolism and a bunch of other things so you can become a better person, srsly.

Last edited by Suki_Eve on Mon Nov 05, 2012 2:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Axanael
[SKELETOR]
Axanael

Male Posts : 1319

PostSubject: Re: Some stuff I want to set straight    Some stuff I want to set straight  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 2:01 am

I'm pretty sure Scott-kip has one p.
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: Some stuff I want to set straight    Some stuff I want to set straight  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 2:09 am

reVelske wrote:
galaxina wrote:
I just felt that making a topic for it would finally get it in their heads.

Do you really?

Do you honestly think people will read through an essay worth of you talking about yourself?

Do you honestly think making a thread of you talking about yourself is going to make others think any better of you?

Well, that's why we have an introduction section, isn't it?

Though, most people half-ass their introductions.

And really, Gala, if you can't take criticisms about yourself on the internet then you probably shouldn't be on the internet. If people are complaining to your face about you it's usually because they have a legit reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Some stuff I want to set straight    Some stuff I want to set straight  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 2:13 am

Okay, maybe my 5th point wasn't completely correct. I suppose I am sort of into Guro, but not completely. But I see what I am into now is still somewhat Guro. Its not like Saya No Uta or Elfen Leid Guro, but still Guro.

Sorry about that. Well thanks for clarifying that point, Jade.

Suki_Eve wrote:
galaxina wrote:
This goes for the rest of your things, as well. We find things as sexual because they can be seen as sexual, and honestly, Aila's Popsicle sword is pretty damn sexual. Just because you don't find it sexual doesn't mean the rest of the world isn't going to. The world isn't going to bend to your views.

So when you see the Ice Cream Truck guy drive down your street and sell popsicles to people, it looks almost like a scene out of playboy magazine to you? I don't understand you at all.

Suki_Eve wrote:
galaxina wrote:
Also, you really, really need to understand more about plot and character design and story structure and symbolism and a bunch of other things so you can become a better person, srsly.

Like what? What am I missing here? Are the characters I like not cool-enough for you?
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Some stuff I want to set straight    Some stuff I want to set straight  EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 2:21 am

Locking, there's not really any point into this topic. PM me if you want this thread unlocked for a legitimate reason Galax.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Some stuff I want to set straight    Some stuff I want to set straight  Empty

Back to top Go down

Some stuff I want to set straight
Page 1 of 1