Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while...

Go down 
+6
God is a Cat Girl
/dev/random
milk
resireth
Fireflywater
leoros
10 posters
AuthorMessage
leoros

So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while... Empty
PostSubject: So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while...   So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while... EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:37 am

But lately it's just a game of who can have the patience to camp longer and who can hurl more missiles and beams...loads of homing.

Sooooo...getting any gara bots may be out of my reach atm, but there is this bot/weapon which I'm interested to find out. Bird like metallic wings, holding 2 sniper like rifles and can rain homing lazers. (I'll try to get a screenshot soon)

How can I stay relevant with uc alone? What are some bots that are easy to use(or customisations/builds)? I have bots like Amateus, Lios(pitiful. Cant get close, and homing dont do much damage), Nicole Malice, and I tried to alpha Amateus (and failed alphag) but still no avail. Thinking of getting a sturbanger to spam.
Back to top Go down
Fireflywater
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Fireflywater

Male Posts : 1220

PostSubject: Re: So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while...   So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while... EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 2:47 am

Metallic bird... Could it be Garulabird? He has a phoenix-like appearance. His AMs have 5-shot burstfire rifles. But he doesn't have homing lazors. Perhaps the player you're looking at had Raystag HD on. But that is an odd build. Nothing else fits the description.

Suguri has a thread that can help. "Non-garapon resources." It's far from complete though, he doesn't go in depth of bots. But he does with weapons.

Be aware when getting Sturbanger. His HD is a great AIR melee HD. His BS is okay, but not amazing. However, his BD is his selling point. The missiles have very high statistical DPS (9*2 Force, 600 INT, 30 f/s missiles) but his accuracy is subpar. This has to do with his missiles being cocked on the side, making a huge blindspot. Aiming at AIRs fixes the issue, but it still doesn't like to hit. It involves much practice to understand how his missiles work.
However, tune for alot of WLK/FLY (his BD has 2 base WLK and 2 base FLY), it'll help keep enemies in his "sweetspot." Also spam hypershot and powerspot, it will make him so, so much better.
Back to top Go down
resireth
Master Poster
Master Poster
resireth

Male Posts : 2129

PostSubject: Re: So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while...   So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while... EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:47 am

leoros wrote:
Bird like metallic wings, holding 2 sniper like rifles and can rain homing lazers.
I'm thinking...Akane?
This?:
Back to top Go down
milk
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
milk

Male Posts : 1918

PostSubject: Re: So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while...   So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while... EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 5:53 am

leoros wrote:
But lately it's just a game of who can have the patience to camp longer and who can hurl more missiles and beams...loads of homing.

i see that you haven't encountered a person using a decent melee yet.
lucky.

leoros wrote:

How can I stay relevant with uc alone? What are some bots that are easy to use(or customisations/builds)? I have bots like Amateus, Lios(pitiful. Cant get close, and homing dont do much damage), Nicole Malice, and I tried to alpha Amateus (and failed alphag) but still no avail. Thinking of getting a sturbanger to spam.

alpha amateus gets a lot better once you get moving burst and...well.
more mobility in general.
what are you even running on your amateus?
you can always try to use a ballistic launcher on him, too.
tune that thing with speed and find airs to blow up.
probably more stuff to tune on a ballistic launcher other than speed, though.
like, uhh...maybe paralyze.
but there are more bots you can use the ballistic launcher on.
another one that comes to mind is maril march.
one of my first bots that i used to handle the ballistic launcher.
short boost, quick land, broad radar and a few other things to enjoy.
she's a cool bot and i'm surprised i didn't tune her instead of my amateus.

hmm, here's a thread about lios.
it's a very recent thread so it might have some more up to date things for him.
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t9930-lios-build-please-help-me

i can't really say much about nicole since i never use her other than arcantus.

i would recommend destructor.
has a lot of tune potential and straight forward in cartridge selection.
i almost want to say saggitary maxis but i'm sure people will come out and start saying how bad he is.
i just like seeing those 70s on random airs when i land a shot, sigh.

anyway, these are bots that i've done well with and can be obtained with UC.
i hope this sorta helps.

Back to top Go down
leoros

PostSubject: Re: So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while...   So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while... EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 11:45 am

resireth wrote:
leoros wrote:
Bird like metallic wings, holding 2 sniper like rifles and can rain homing lazers.
I'm thinking...Akane?
This?:

Oh yes that's it! I googled and saw video gameplays.

Thanks for all the comments so far! Smile
If anyone is willing to help...
Spoiler:

These are the bots which I have.

blead wrote:
Please put on a spoiler when posting big images.
Back to top Go down
/dev/random
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while...   So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while... EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 3:37 pm

Amateus: Buy greinaut and put the arms on him, add two bazookas.
Lios: Tune him, add str and fly.

I'd try to roll uc gara dx for a seraph fc promo.
Back to top Go down
God is a Cat Girl
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater
Guinea Pig Wearing Sweater

PostSubject: Re: So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while...   So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while... EmptySat Aug 25, 2012 4:18 pm

Buy Greinaut only for the AMs? Only if he wants to waste RT for that, as they can drop out of SUC gara. Well, though it surely might take a while to get them.
Back to top Go down
AlkaidStar
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
AlkaidStar

Male Posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while...   So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while... EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 4:49 am

wow ._. that olds bots from old era...

anyway, for full mecha unique build, go to Alpherior

and miliken...i counted....2..3..no..its FOUR Ballistic Launcher or more on your post ._.
y love it that much?
Back to top Go down
http://www.alkanidraw.blogspot.com
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while...   So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while... EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 6:58 am

Magma8520 wrote:

anyway, for full mecha unique build, go to Alpherior

and miliken...i counted....2..3..no..its FOUR Ballistic Launcher or more on your post ._.
y love it that much?

propably because its a REALLY nice weapon against anything that isnt seraph or anti homing bitted
Back to top Go down
/dev/random
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

PostSubject: Re: So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while...   So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while... EmptySun Aug 26, 2012 7:52 pm

God is a Cat Girl wrote:
Buy Greinaut only for the AMs? Only if he wants to waste RT for that, as they can drop out of SUC gara. Well, though it surely might take a while to get them.

Oh I forgot about that.
Back to top Go down
leoros

PostSubject: Re: So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while...   So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while... EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 12:57 pm

Magma8520 wrote:

Haha. Haven't been playing ~_~

Alpherior's stuffs does look interesting Smile I'll take a look.

Thinking of getting RT bots in shop too, but wonder which bots can still be on par with today's bots.
Back to top Go down
Relict?
[Moderator]
[Moderator]
Relict?

Male Posts : 5786

PostSubject: Re: So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while...   So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while... EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 2:24 pm

Suguri does a great job outlining that in his Non-gara Resources guide.
Back to top Go down
leoros

PostSubject: Re: So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while...   So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while... EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:21 pm

Yep I read that and it was great Smile

Think I just have one question-FC Seraph or the old Seraph? I know that the latter has more customisation flexibility but the FC's Nova seems fun to spam.
Back to top Go down
Midreus
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Midreus

Male Posts : 686

PostSubject: Re: So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while...   So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while... EmptyMon Aug 27, 2012 11:31 pm

leoros wrote:
Think I just have one question-FC Seraph or the old Seraph? I know that the latter has more customisation flexibility but the FC's Nova seems fun to spam.
leoros wrote:
I know that the latter has more customisation flexibility but the FC's Nova seems fun to spam.
leoros wrote:
but the FC's Nova seems fun to spam.
leoros wrote:
FC's Nova seems fun to spam.

no

build your own robot it's not that hard wow

here i'll even promote this guide that helps you with that

http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t9640-robot-assessment-algorithm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while...   So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while... Empty

Back to top Go down

So perhaps I haven't played this game for a while...
Page 1 of 1