Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anyone Played SMT Games?

Go down 
+8
Frederica-Bernkastel
Tuskin
NovaZero
NumeroDoS
iAMsuperBlast
Kecepirit
Z741
AlkaidStar
12 posters
AuthorMessage
AlkaidStar
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
AlkaidStar

Male Posts : 657

Anyone Played SMT Games? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:08 am

Well,Anyone Played Shin Megami Tensei Series? (Persona,Devil Survivor,Raidou,etc)
Back to top Go down
http://www.alkanidraw.blogspot.com
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:32 am

Only one I played was Devil Survivor. Pretty nice game aside from the setting going to hell [literally, even] in just seven days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:35 am

Lots of them which are available in English.
Nocturne/Lucifer's Call is especially Cori's favorite.
Back to top Go down
Kecepirit
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Kecepirit

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 1:39 am

Persona 2
Persona 3
Raidou Kuzunoha vs.. not sure, i think the 2nd one
Strange Journey
Imagine (the online one by aeria)

didn't finish any one of them though (except the online one). always got overwhelmed midway by the fusions and such...
Back to top Go down
Z741
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Z741

Male Posts : 739

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:50 am

Cori wrote:
Lots of them which are available in English.
Nocturne/Lucifer's Call is especially Cori's favorite.
Available in English yes. Not owning a console screws that up fabulously well though. :c
Back to top Go down
iAMsuperBlast
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
iAMsuperBlast

Male Posts : 404

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:51 am

Been interested in playing this series. Imagine online was the only one I've played but it got to be a super grind fest so I stopped playing it after a month. (Btw that's the first free MMO I've ever played Very Happy ) But the console games look really fun.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 2:54 am

Persona 3 & Persona 3 FES: Both finished
Persona 4: Stopped for a bit
Devil Survivor: Just finished, gonna replay for better ending.
Strange Journey: Stopped for a bit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 4:36 am

P3P - I shit my pants because the Dark Hour scared me to death. I would literally sleep (IRL) feeling scared, and worried about those people I haven't rescued yet who are trapped inside Tartarus. The clock ticking to midnight then shattering into pieces really gave me goosebumps. pale
THAT GAME IS SO DAMN SCARY!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 4:54 am

LXE wrote:
P3P - I shit my pants because the Dark Hour scared me to death. I would literally sleep (IRL) feeling scared, and worried about those people I haven't rescued yet who are trapped inside Tartarus. The clock ticking to midnight then shattering into pieces really gave me goosebumps. pale
>Persona 3
>Scary

LXE have weaker mind than Cori.

Gonna list which Cori played later.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 5:28 am

Cori wrote:
LXE wrote:
>Persona 3
>Scary

LXE have weaker mind than Cori.

Gonna list which Cori played later.
I was never a fan of horror stories, or movies. pale
Back to top Go down
NovaZero
Grand Poster
Grand Poster
NovaZero

Male Posts : 3141
Location : Bouncing on one of the Hurricane Arrows at Angel Academy

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:24 am

Imagine.

I laughed at how one small hit made me fly 5 feet backwards.

And then my account got banned for "suspicious activity" when I only logged into their games like...once every 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
Tuskin
Do not charge RT
Tuskin

Male Posts : 2811

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 8:31 am

Uh, I finished P3 and P4 and I haven't finished P2 yet.
Back to top Go down
Frederica-Bernkastel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Frederica-Bernkastel

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:48 am

Ehehe, back in the good old days of PS1 I played and completed the first Persona game before I even touched FF7 .

I was really pissed when Persona 2 didnt get translated so I had to print out a 50 page guide to complete it. The fusion spells were so awesome, I still remember I almost creamed my pants the first time i casted Dragon Cross. The Lucifer + Satan fusion spell was retarded broken .Man i wish they kept it in Persona 3 and 4.

My favorite SMT games from the last decade was Nocturne, DDS and Raidou. I really enjoyed the Kuzunoha Raidou series. Fighting alongside your allies real time was cool. I loved watching my cute little Alice destroy my enemies for me. I demand they make a 3rd Raidou game for PS3!!!!

Persona 3 and 4 was really fun too (harem building, ohohoho). It was cool that Atlus left Magatsu Izanagi for players with a codebreaker/gameshark to use, complete with in-game menu art and everything, not just a bugged persona that crashed the game.

If Atlus made another Megami Tensei game it would be an instant profit for them, instead they go and make stuff like Catherine Mad
Back to top Go down
iAMsuperBlast
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
iAMsuperBlast

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:14 am

Frederica-Bernkastel wrote:
Ehehe, back in the good old days of PS1 I played and completed the first Persona game before I even touched FF7 .

I was really pissed when Persona 2 didnt get translated so I had to print out a 50 page guide to complete it. The fusion spells were so awesome, I still remember I almost creamed my pants the first time i casted Dragon Cross. The Lucifer + Satan fusion spell was retarded broken .Man i wish they kept it in Persona 3 and 4.

My favorite SMT games from the last decade was Nocturne, DDS and Raidou. I really enjoyed the Kuzunoha Raidou series. Fighting alongside your allies real time was cool. I loved watching my cute little Alice destroy my enemies for me. I demand they make a 3rd Raidou game for PS3!!!!

Persona 3 and 4 was really fun too (harem building, ohohoho). It was cool that Atlus left Magatsu Izanagi for players with a codebreaker/gameshark to use, complete with in-game menu art and everything, not just a bugged persona that crashed the game.

If Atlus made another Megami Tensei game it would be an instant profit for them, instead they go and make stuff like Catherine Mad

You sound like a big fan lol.
Back to top Go down
Frederica-Bernkastel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Frederica-Bernkastel

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:41 am

Haha yea, I am. Very Happy
Back then I almost cried when I found out Persona 2 wasn't gonna be brought over because of some Nazi invasion. What a dumb reason for not bringing over an awesome game.

The invasion : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2trAZ4BuR5w
Back to top Go down
rei_hunter
Surprised Shiromo
Surprised Shiromo

Female Posts : 4660

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 7:54 am

I liked Shin Megami Tensei : Devil Survivor for the DS.

Shin Megami Tensei : Imagine also too~

There's also the upcoming Shin Megami Tensei : Devil Survivor 2........... MORE BLACK FROST! BWAHUAHUAHAUHAUHA

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://twitter.com/reihunter
iAMsuperBlast
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
iAMsuperBlast

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:14 am

Ok this thread's making me wanna play this too much. I'm gonna go to GameStop and see if I'll be lucky enough to find it. If I don't then I'm gonna try to convince my friend to use his gamefly for me. I know they have some of the SMT games there.

To add on to that: Any of you guys tell me which one I should play first if I can convince my friend? I got a PS2 & 3. Though I'll doubt I'll convince him since he doesn't like RPGs all that much.
Back to top Go down
Frederica-Bernkastel
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Frederica-Bernkastel

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 8:24 am

I highly recommend playing Nocturne first since its from the main series. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Megami_Tensei_III:_Nocturne

The rest off the spin-offs like DDS, Raidou and Persona are fun, but you may enjoy/appreciate them more if you complete Nocturne first. It even has Dante from Devil May Cry.

The hero from Nocturne also shows up as an uber hard boss battle in DDS.
Back to top Go down
NumeroDoS
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
NumeroDoS

Male Posts : 705

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 10:32 am

There's been rumors of Persona 5 and Persona 2 remake in the making. I have yet to find a reliable source, though.

Ack, these upcoming SMT titles are only stressing the fact that I should stop procrastinating on Persona 4 and Strange Journey. D:
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

Male Posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 4:06 pm

NumeroDoS wrote:
There's been rumors of Persona 5 and Persona 2 remake in the making. I have yet to find a reliable source, though.

Ack, these upcoming SMT titles are only stressing the fact that I should stop procrastinating on Persona 4 and Strange Journey. D:

http://www.siliconera.com/2010/10/26/persona-2-innocent-sin-remake-bound-for-psp/

"In March 2010, the director and producer of Persona 3 and Persona 4, Katsura Hashino, told Japanese gaming magazine, Dengeki PlayStation, that he is beginning to develop the next game in the Persona series. He also mentioned that he "wants to add things that are being expected of the series and change things that can be changed within those boundaries." In September 2009, Shoji Meguro, a member of Atlus, was listed in Sony's site as the producer on Persona 5 exclusively for the PlayStation 3."
-Wikipedia

Played through Persona 3 and Persona 4.
Finished Persona 3, did not finish The Answer or do the secret boss yet though (max all social links).
Finished Persona 4 for BAD END, haven't run back to do the other ends or max all social links.
Attempted to play Persona for some time, but stopped because the designs were eughhhhh.
Played Imagine Online and quit because I didn't know how to grind.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nihil679
Suguri
God Poster
God Poster
Suguri

Female Posts : 7765

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:05 pm

Played Persona 1, did not finish.

Was looking into getting Persona 4 but never got around to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 5:42 pm

Finished:
SMT Nocturne
SMT Strange Journey
Raidou I
Raidou II
Persona 2 IS/EP
Persona 3/P3FES
Persona 4
Digital Devil Saga
Digital Devil Saga 2
Devil Survivor

Played unfinished:
SMT I
SMT II
Persona I

And Cori still think Imagine is bad.
Nocturne was like the first one that got Cori into Megaten series and it doesn't disappoint.
Devil Summoner Raidou I and II are fun with its action-like gameplay.
Persona series are good, and P3 and P4 is kinda refreshing with its sim-like social link.
Digital Devil Saga got all those plot twists and Gale is sexy.
Devil Survivor is strategy RPG, one of the few that Cori likes. Usually doesn't like strategy that much.
Back to top Go down
Nihil679
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Nihil679

Male Posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:25 pm

Oh right, that reminds me.
I never started Persona 3 Portable for the female protagonist...
Damn I feel so behind.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/nihil679
Yggdroid
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Yggdroid

Male Posts : 410

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptyWed Jun 29, 2011 6:52 pm

Played Devil Survivor and finished one route but got stuck working on another close to the ending and stopped playing it...xD

Also Strange Journey though I had stopped playing it for a while since I got a bit annoyed that I had to fuse and make new demons to advance through the game (wanted to keep using certain demons but it was easier to use new demons) and recently picked it up again to work my way up to Delphinus boss which I have yet to beat unfortunately -.-'
Back to top Go down
AlkaidStar
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
AlkaidStar

Male Posts : 657

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? EmptySat Jul 02, 2011 1:15 am

Well,my list is Perfectly Same as cori's....

Devil Survivor is Hell in seven day,haha

Still,who is the best boss in all SMT?(NOT COUNTING LUCIFER,EVERYBODY KNOW LUCIFER EPIC!)

mine is Persona4 Izanami no Ookami,Epic Voice and Personalty!
Back to top Go down
http://www.alkanidraw.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone Played SMT Games?   Anyone Played SMT Games? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone Played SMT Games?
Page 1 of 1