Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dragon Quest X sells poorly

Go down 
+4
Akhenderson
Suki_Eve
Zwiebel Force
Scott-kip
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Scott-kip
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Scott-kip

Male Posts : 941

Dragon Quest X sells poorly Empty
PostSubject: Dragon Quest X sells poorly   Dragon Quest X sells poorly EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 10:35 pm

Link

"Dragon Quest X, an MMO released for the Wii and soon to be launched Wii U, has sold 420,000 copies in its first week of sales. Rather a lot, until you consider that Dragon Quest IX and Dragon Quest VIII sold 2,353,440 and 2,237,000 copies respectively"

Its over, DQ is finished
Back to top Go down
Zwiebel Force
Cosmic Onion
Zwiebel Force

Male Posts : 11444

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest X sells poorly   Dragon Quest X sells poorly EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 12:27 am

Mabe that or the fans simply didn't want an MMORPG :O

I never really liked DQ. Akira Toriama's drawing style made them unplayable for me.
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest X sells poorly   Dragon Quest X sells poorly EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 3:24 am

>DQ MMO
>for the wii

Well no wonder it sold poorly. Jeez.

Don't count DQ as dead until they make a dancing or racing game. Then you can consider it dead. Though, a MMO is driving it pretty far into the ground.
Back to top Go down
Scott-kip
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Scott-kip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest X sells poorly   Dragon Quest X sells poorly EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 10:29 pm

Its not even necessarily DQ thats dying, its just Square Enix fucking up their games lately.

>DQ MMO for the Wii
>Final Fantasy 7 re-release with online DRM and achievments + cheat mode
>Now they tease Final Fantasy XIII-3

Its like they want the company to crumble
Back to top Go down
Akhenderson
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Akhenderson

Male Posts : 864

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest X sells poorly   Dragon Quest X sells poorly EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:13 pm

Scott-kip wrote:
Its not even necessarily DQ thats dying, its just Square Enix fucking up their games lately.

>DQ MMO for the Wii
>Final Fantasy 7 re-release with online DRM and achievments + cheat mode
>Now they tease Final Fantasy XIII-3

>still milking out the same franchises over and over again instead of going back to their roots.
Whatever happened to the final fantasies where characters had green hair?

Seriously, they're STILL milking out the final fantasy 7 franchise and they're over doing the final fantasy 13 as well?
Jeez, why won't they remake final fantasy 5 or 6 for the DS or 3DS. now THOSE were fun games.
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest X sells poorly   Dragon Quest X sells poorly EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:18 pm

I like Final Fantasy IX the best. (Probably because it's the only Final Fantasy I've ever played Embarassed )
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest X sells poorly   Dragon Quest X sells poorly EmptyWed Aug 15, 2012 11:57 pm

Scott-kip wrote:

They've been messing up for years. ;_;

TWEWY plushies doko. Minamimoto math daki doko. I actually would visit Hot Topic because I thought they'd wind up having some TWEWY merchandise there. Never happened. I wouldn't of minded if they milked that franchise a bit more than they did. But they didn't.

Meanwhile they shamelessly threw their KH shit everywhere in Hot Topic.

sadsuki
Back to top Go down
Asagi-san
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Asagi-san

Male Posts : 434

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest X sells poorly   Dragon Quest X sells poorly EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 2:57 am

Suki_Eve wrote:
Scott-kip wrote:

They've been messing up for years. ;_;

TWEWY plushies doko. Minamimoto math daki doko. I actually would visit Hot Topic because I thought they'd wind up having some TWEWY merchandise there. Never happened. I wouldn't of minded if they milked that franchise a bit more than they did. But they didn't.

Meanwhile they shamelessly threw their KH shit everywhere in Hot Topic.

sadsuki

TWEWY may have Nomura Tetsuya as an artist and a fan base that loves the game, but it's not like everyone's heard of it.

If it weren't for the fact that Disney characters were involved, I'm sure tons of people would've disregarded the KH series as just another JRPG title.
Back to top Go down
Retrias
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Retrias

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest X sells poorly   Dragon Quest X sells poorly EmptyThu Aug 16, 2012 6:50 am

Its an mmo, on the wii , based on a franchise that is not exactly booming
this results is something that should be expected

then again name one dev that is not banging theirself in attempt to bury their head somewhere
Back to top Go down
Scott-kip
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Scott-kip

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest X sells poorly   Dragon Quest X sells poorly EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 11:24 pm

Well on the topic of DQ, anyone else here play 9? Im currently in the post-final boss part of the game, trying to explore grottos and such
Back to top Go down
Mithril
Mithril

Male Posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest X sells poorly   Dragon Quest X sells poorly EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 3:23 pm

I played 9.. a bit. I didn't get very far, and it started getting a bit difficult. I wanted to get back into it, but I think I need to start over or something, and build a better party. #em5

I haven't touched it in a while, and DQ IX is the only DQ game I've played. Never been too much into it.
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest X sells poorly   Dragon Quest X sells poorly EmptyMon Aug 20, 2012 12:47 am

DQ9...Is that sentinels of the starry sky? Or am I thinking of another one?

That's the last one I've played, anyway. I've been grinding for the final boss and picking up the extra jobs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Quest X sells poorly   Dragon Quest X sells poorly Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragon Quest X sells poorly
Page 1 of 1