Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Performance HELP in windows 7

Go down 
+3
Abyll
Sean
Wolf Hikari
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

Male Posts : 2985

Performance HELP in windows 7 Empty
PostSubject: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 8:48 am

Can I make the cosmicbreak 3d is more lower or something to make the game run well in my laptop?
It's because if the game is somehow stuck so i can't do really well just as i do at the cyber...

When i get rated its after the battle i've always got CHICKEN rank... Aw..
Moreover always died too quickly!

(I don't have any computer right now... so i just use laptop. pls help if someone can help me!)
Back to top Go down
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

Male Posts : 966

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 9:19 am

Have you tried lowering the graphics in the options menu? If not, try that first. If that doesn't work you could download GameBooster. It's a program that temporarily shuts down useless programs to increase gaming speed.

Here is a download for it... http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
Back to top Go down
http://xlythe.com
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 9:32 am

Yeah! I did lowering it in menu tough... It is better But still... too slow.
I guess i just test the link u gave...
Back to top Go down
Sean
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Sean

Male Posts : 966

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 9:39 am

Wolf Hikari wrote:
Yeah! I did lowering it in menu tough... It is better But still... too slow.
I guess i just test the link u gave...

I have to run Game Booster to make it quit lagging for me. (Even though I still get a little bit.)
Back to top Go down
http://xlythe.com
Abyll

Male Posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 1:28 pm

did you turn off all the win7 fancy visual settings? Window transparency is a killer, and there's lots of other stuff you can tweak in system properties.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 4:48 pm

Hi there

I am a user of windows 7 too, but I never lag. Reason? My spec are well high above the recommended settings. But as for you, I can see that it's most likely that your CPU is failing on you. If it's AMD athlon, or anything other than phenom, and a celeron or not a high end pentium cosmic break is bound to fail.

My advise?

Like Abyll said, turn off those eye candy, or install virtual pc with XP, because XP ain't gonna fail.

A side note, my cousin is playing this game on a netbook. Yes, a netbook. A really cheap one I must add. He lags as much as you do, even with game booster, and he's on win XP. The thing is, his CPU is a Intel Atom. Anyone with at least little knowledge in computers should be able to tell that ain't for gaming. However, he looked at mayhem's signature, and dealt with it.

Anyways, good luck on making it work :DD
Back to top Go down
Haseo
Haseo

Male Posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 5:20 pm

Windows 7 sucks is the simple way say it.
You shoulda waited til most of bugs in window 7 was fixed, but since you've already installed I've got nothing more to say....
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:53 am

Actually i am more advance in computer system...
And yeah! It is intel atom but... the performance of this laptop has been enchanted by me.
and i also make the simplest view of this win7. (i don't have xp cd actually...)

and now i realized that... the RAM is poor... only 1gb... (aww... need to buy more)
The game booster is useful at this time.

I think i'll buy the new RAM... so it can fit the cosmicbreak extracted files. Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:01 pm

Wolf Hikari wrote:

and now i realized that... the RAM is poor... only 1gb... (aww... need to buy more)
The game booster is useful at this time.

I think i'll buy the new RAM... so it can fit the cosmicbreak extracted files. Cool

HEY STOP THERE

Buying new RAM is the equivalent of polishing turd. There is going to be some improvement, but it's not gonna be much better. 1gb is more than enough for cosmic break, unless you are like me, and leave another 7 or so programs on at the same time, then yes you need more ram.

Intel Atom is not gonna handle cosmic break well. Even if you have 4gbs of ram the game is still gonna lag

If you are good at computers like you proclaimed, you should well know
RAM is for multitasking
CPU is for speed and performance
What you are getting with game booster is more or less the limit your laptop can go.

My advise,

Get a new computer
Or
DEAL WITH IT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:05 pm

sunjae429 wrote:

DEAL WITH IT

Did someone call me?

No but seriously, you should just buy a new computer. I just got myself a new tower a few days ago... Mine works just fine with cosmic Break. Then again, It's a thousand dollars for mine and it runs everything pretty well. Laughing

Last edited by Mayhem on Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 12:31 am

Did u know something... Even tough i am advance on computer system... The INTEL ATOM is new to me silent
sorry to forget to tell u about it...

I think i should buy the one that using a Dual Core...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 1:23 am

Wolf Hikari wrote:
Did u know something... Even tough i am advance on computer system... The INTEL ATOM is new to me silent
sorry to forget to tell u about it...

I think i should buy the one that using a Dual Core...

Lemme just tell you something. INTEL ATOM IS ONLY MEANT FOR WEB SURFINGGGGGGGGGGGG

Anything better than a pentium should work fine...
Back to top Go down
piroton
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
piroton

Male Posts : 316

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 7:07 am

You know, the Atom is CALLED the Atom for a reason. Atomic size, and atomic speed: In essence, it's not made for anything heavy. You could try another computer, you know. Netbooks are useless at gaming. They don't even run ANY, and I repeat, ANY, emulators at a decent speed without skipping so many frames that the animation looks choppy.

On the other hand, I'm running CB on a Pentium Dual-Core, so yeah, that's probably the minimum you should aim for. The reupgrading of mine cost little more than 600, so... yeah. This even runs Bioshock well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 2:08 pm

Actually... This is't a NET or NOTEBOOK. It's a laptop that i have enchanted.
Well... Maybe this one is actually for small works tough.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:19 pm

Wolf Hikari wrote:
Actually... This is't a NET or NOTEBOOK. It's a laptop that i have enchanted.
Well... Maybe this one is actually for small works tough.

Ugh Laptop = Notebook

It doesn't matter whether youve enchanted it or whatever. youve still got Intel Atom. Stuff like 1.66GHz is gonna be hopeless. But talking about atoms, my old pentium M laptop performs much much better than my cousin's 1.66GHz piece of metal.
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 11:24 am

Hey guys! ^w^
Try to guess what! My windows 7 suddenly get all weird, but that's not what i want to tell...
Actually, It is the one i want to tell... uh.. no... not that... umm... argh! whatever! ><

There! I want to tell you guys that CB in my Win7 suddenly goes up on task!!! ... Very Happy ...|||
I mean... My Win7 works on CB just like WinXP and WinVista. And when I check the system properties, suddenly...
Performance HELP in windows 7 72574_1416035055266_1664299091_1060915_2508886_n

And it was actually "Atom" not "Dual Core" before, but now... and the game runs perfectly well too. ^w^
(behind that SYSTEM WINDOW is the COSMICBREAK WINDOW)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:28 pm

Wolf Hikari wrote:
Hey guys! ^w^
Try to guess what! My windows 7 suddenly get all weird, but that's not what i want to tell...
Actually, It is the one i want to tell... uh.. no... not that... umm... argh! whatever! ><

There! I want to tell you guys that CB in my Win7 suddenly goes up on task!!! ... Very Happy ...|||
I mean... My Win7 works on CB just like WinXP and WinVista. And when I check the system properties, suddenly...

And it was actually "Atom" not "Dual Core" before, but now... and the game runs perfectly well too. ^w^

Dude... Go on registry, and edit some stuff and for the sake of it I changed my properties to tell me I have a i7-980x"M" with 90000000GHz @ 2.13 GHz, changed the toshiba bit to "Trollolol"

Registry can do anything.

And that Windows Index Rating....
I lolled....
2.7???????

Even my barely working 10 year old laptop gets 3.8 out of that.
And FYI my newer(still pretty shit) laptop gets 5.7 lol

Even on a netbook CB is still gonna run perfectly lol, only it lags...
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 2:50 am

Want to know more! It's been a while I don't use "regedit"...

But really! There is no lag!! XD
also... I don't remember about regedit for a while until u touch about that... So no regedit in this situation.
Back to top Go down
Sash/a/
Sash/a/

Male Posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyTue Nov 02, 2010 3:25 am

Wolf Hikari wrote:
Hey guys! ^w^

Performance HELP in windows 7 72574_1416035055266_1664299091_1060915_2508886_n

>2,4

WHAT!?!? Not even mine >_>
Back to top Go down
Wolf Hikari
Shiromo Get Launched Off
Shiromo Get Launched Off

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 5:07 am

Sash/a/ wrote:

>2,4

O_O
What is that suppose to mean?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 7:38 pm

Wolf Hikari wrote:
Sash/a/ wrote:

>2,4

O_O

What he's trying to say is simple.

"Im back to my 'I'm better than all of you mode"
" My computer can waste all of yours."

Sash, lemme give you a little hint. 2.4 is pretty high considering a netbook. The only reason I can get 5.7 in my laptop is simple. I've over clocked all the parts that can be over clocked. 2.13ghz becomes 3.11 for gods sake....

A desktop is gonna get AT LEAST 3.0, considering the parts are "larger."

And if your gonna give us some crap like "I get 10" there is only up to 7rating, and even a i7-980x system with 16gb ram and quadruple crossfirex 5990 is gonna get 6.8 Max.

Just a little hint, sash...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:27 pm

sunjae429 wrote:
Wolf Hikari wrote:
Sash/a/ wrote:

>2,4

O_O

Sash, lemme give you a little hint. 2.4 is pretty high considering a netbook. The only reason I can get 5.7 in my laptop is simple. I've over clocked all the parts that can be over clocked. 2.13ghz becomes 3.11 for gods sake....

And if your gonna give us some crap like "I get 10" there is only up to 7rating, and even a i7-980x system with 16gb ram and quadruple crossfirex 5990 is gonna get 6.8 Max.

Darn, mines at 6.7...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 9:30 pm

Mayhem wrote:
sunjae429 wrote:
Wolf Hikari wrote:
Sash/a/ wrote:

>2,4

O_O

Darn, mines at 6.7...

Lol XD
Must be your GPU letting you down XD
Back to top Go down
ChaosOmni
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ChaosOmni

Male Posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 4:43 pm

Did you change your power mode?

Out of the box most laptops/netbooks are on Balanced or Power Saver settings.

You have to change the power settings so the CPU does not restrain itself to save battery life.

Also, when you are using the wall charger laptops/netbooks will work at their maximum potential processing ability... because you are feeding the power to it to do so.

If you change power options every so often, and forget to switch for the tasks at hand, that would effect you. it seems so simple a thing, but so major if it skips your mind.
Back to top Go down
Sash/a/
Sash/a/

Male Posts : 55

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 4:46 pm

sunjae429 wrote:
Wolf Hikari wrote:
Sash/a/ wrote:

>2,4

O_O

U MAD?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Performance HELP in windows 7   Performance HELP in windows 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

Performance HELP in windows 7
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next