Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[Application] Mew {Denied}

Go down 
+10
Yokura
Astral_Dono
ArturiaPendragon
Suki_Eve
Aurum_Sol
Stickboy
Rinrin
Gerrion
Nisa
Mew
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Would I make a good Moderator?
Yes
[Application] Mew {Denied} Vote_lcap54%[Application] Mew {Denied} Vote_rcap
 54% [ 15 ]
No
[Application] Mew {Denied} Vote_lcap46%[Application] Mew {Denied} Vote_rcap
 46% [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 28

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

Female Posts : 1540

[Application] Mew {Denied} Empty
PostSubject: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 3:28 pm

-Why do you want to become a moderator?

I'm mostly applying for moderator because, a thought crossed my mind. If I recall right Noirel and Senhime both have drastically different timezones than some of the other part of the forum. And, during that time there is no moderator. I will happily become a moderator in those hours that Noirel and Senhime are not. Also, during the time I was writing this application I noticed no white name currently logged in as seen on the bottom page of the index in the forum. Also, I'm easy to contact considering I'm on the chatbox a lot.

-Do you think you are good enough to moderate?
Yes, I believe I am more than capable enough to moderator.

-Do you know the rules? Do you read them if you can't remember?
I'm an Overwatch! So of course I know the rules already. Of course, there are times when I go back to the rules to make sure when I should write a report or not. I do know most of the obvious ones however.

-What work have you do to contribute to the community? Provide links if it's artwork or a guide.
I've helped answered people's questions on what to do with certain units. Also I've made an outdated starter guide.
http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t7485-new-player-starter-guide-by-mewchan-aegis

-Have you had any problems with the current staff? Have these problems been solved?
I don't have anything against the current staff at all.

-What rank are you in Cosmic Break? Provide a screen shot as proof.
My account got hacked. And I'm still waiting for C.S to answer my inquiry but, thankfully I have this.

Spoiler:

- What are your previous moderating experiences (if any)?

I have been an Admin on one forum once. Though, it doesn't really use the same layout as Forumotion. Although, in time I'll be able to handle the layout and UI of this forum enough to know what to do.

-If you have any other information you think would help your application, write it here:

I have nothing else! But, please be honest on your opinion.

And, I'm well aware I should ignore the poll =_=

Since a lot of people like to put "No" for no reason what so ever.

Oh, and I would also like some assistance for some of the chatbox commands. I do know most of them though even if I am not a moderator on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyMon Feb 20, 2012 5:37 pm

GO GO GO MEW-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN~~! #em3
Back to top Go down
Nisa
God Poster
God Poster
Nisa

Female Posts : 7152

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:13 pm

No.

Because I don't think you're up for it.
Back to top Go down
Gerrion
Wild Molcar
Wild Molcar

Male Posts : 2218

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:00 pm

Quote :

I'd look to the statistics again, if i were you Wink

Still, from what i've seen in your posts you seem someone with good capabilities and a nice humour for helping in the hours where the other admins aren't active (and wanting to help on that weakness shows a good side of you).

Let's see what will the admin crew thinks about this, though.
Back to top Go down
Rinrin
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Rinrin

Female Posts : 1619

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:37 pm

i have no personal feud with u so i'll vote yes muahahaha~!
Back to top Go down
Stickboy
Master Poster
Master Poster
Stickboy

Male Posts : 2971

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 3:25 pm

lol, pointy star
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 5:20 pm

LXE wrote:
GO GO GO MEW-CHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNN~~! #em3

(●´∀`●)

Nisa wrote:
No.

Because I don't think you're up for it.

At least you were honest =).

And, thanks for telling me why over MSN.

I'll be sure to fix these flaws.

P.S I love you.

Gerrion wrote:
Quote :

I'd look to the statistics again, if i were you Wink

Still, from what i've seen in your posts you seem someone with good capabilities and a nice humour for helping in the hours where the other admins aren't active (and wanting to help on that weakness shows a good side of you).

Let's see what will the admin crew thinks about this, though.

Thanks! I generally try to contribute to the community a lot.

Rinrin wrote:
i have no personal feud with u so i'll vote yes muahahaha~!

(・`ω´・) Yay.

Stickboy wrote:
lol, pointy star

(´・_・`)
Back to top Go down
Aurum_Sol
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Aurum_Sol

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 5:45 pm

i vote no, reason is simple:

My account got hacked. And I'm still waiting for C.S to answer my inquiry but, thankfully I have this.

nothing personal
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Oh that was a keylogger.
Back to top Go down
Suki_Eve
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Suki_Eve

Female Posts : 1493

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:42 am

No, because you tend to point and laugh at people (or at least that's what it feels like). Don't really like that in Moderator material, especially if it won't help the OP or w/e.

That's my only real problem, though. o-o
Back to top Go down
ArturiaPendragon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ArturiaPendragon

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:57 am

As a friend, I would really want you to become Moderator. But this is the entire forum we're talking about, so I'll kind of be a bit strict (Okay, very strict. I'm sorry. ^^; ) about this while being short...;;

Quote :
I'm an Overwatch! So of course I know the rules already.
I don't want to say this but... It never really crossed my mind that I did see you do basic overwatch jobs like warning people or locking threads. It felt more like... Watching without doing much. Then again, it could be a behind the scenes thing. So, not really, until there's really something which sticks out in my mind of you doing a proper Overwatch job, not really...

Quote :
I never understood this part of the question. What does your rank have to do with being a moderator? All that proved is you're a big CB Player and know alot about it, nothing more. But the reason why I brought this up is because of attitude. Like Suki said, it's kind of like you like laughing at people when they fail or something. (See PVP Successful Thread and others) I mean, I could be crown rank and keep trolling other people. ._.;

Quote :
And, I'm well aware I should ignore the poll =_=

This makes me want to put a No in your poll by default. This felt more like the two-faced "Ahh I'm going to say I'm ugly on Facebook so people won't say I'm ugly instead." kind of thing. Kind of two faced and disgusting if you ask me.

There's also that one thing that you and I are familiar of which includes my judging as well. You know what I'm talking about, right? ^^;
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:02 am

ArturiaPendragon wrote:
As a friend, I would really want you to become Moderator. But this is the entire forum we're talking about, so I'll kind of be a bit strict (Okay, very strict. I'm sorry. ^^; ) about this while being short...;;

Quote :
I don't want to say this but... It never really crossed my mind that I did see you do basic overwatch jobs like warning people or locking threads. It felt more like... Watching without doing much. Then again, it could be a behind the scenes thing. So, not really, until there's really something which sticks out in my mind of you doing a proper Overwatch job, not really...

Overwatch watches the forums and reports things to mods/admins. Nothing else.
Back to top Go down
ArturiaPendragon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ArturiaPendragon

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:07 am

Astral_Goddess wrote:
ArturiaPendragon wrote:

Quote :

And yet it haven't crossed my mind that I haven't seen anything Mew done. At least that confirms it's a behind the scenes job. I did see some Overwatch warn people and something else special, and to me, that's the sign of an upcoming moderator. o.o/

Besides, if what you say is JUST THAT, might as well make everyone else Overwatches. ^^; Us users also have the "Report Post to Moderator and Admin" button. (Unless we're going to be denied "Sorry, that button is only for Overwatches only.)

I kind of rest my case here, though. =]
Back to top Go down
Astral_Dono
野獣先輩
野獣先輩

Male Posts : 7875

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:12 am

ArturiaPendragon wrote:
Astral_Goddess wrote:
ArturiaPendragon wrote:

Quote :

And yet it haven't crossed my mind that I haven't seen anything Mew done. At least that confirms it's a behind the scenes job. I did see some Overwatch warn people and something else special, and to me, that's the sign of an upcoming moderator. o.o/

Besides, if what you say is JUST THAT, might as well make everyone else Overwatches. ^^; Us users also have the "Report Post to Moderator and Admin" button. (Unless we're going to be denied "Sorry, that button is only for Overwatches only.)

Overwatch does more than mash a report button. They have to write a detailed report explaining what the offense is and what course of action should be taken in a thread that's hidden from the view of normal members. They also have to help in decisions that would change the forum before they are released.
Back to top Go down
ArturiaPendragon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ArturiaPendragon

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:28 am

Astral_Goddess wrote:
ArturiaPendragon wrote:
Astral_Goddess wrote:

Overwatch does more than mash a report button. They have to write a detailed report explaining what the offense is and what course of action should be taken in a thread that's hidden from the view of normal members. They also have to help in decisions that would change the forum before they are released.
And us users can write the same detailed report as well and suggest the course of action. You can't deny that there are some people much smarter than me, you, and even the admin in this forum that are just users. I understand about the decisions about the forum part, but becoming a Moderator doesn't change the opinion of the person, isn't it? XD;

Anyways, let's just drop it here. This is an application for a Mod, not the duties of an Overwatch.

Ah, and... I really don't want to drive the nail into the coffin but... To be more on the attitude part, I'm just going to say I'm going to be worried about Mew being one-sided when it comes to it. Namely Nisa. There's quite a few times Mew went "Nisa is my love" and things like that. ><; While I DO understand that the both of them really like each other, it's just kind of a thought which is stuck in my head.

Quote :
We do not pick favorites. If you do something wrong, you will be punished for it.

Of course, the good things would be that Mew's quite approachable to newbies and likes helping out with builds. Fit for the Overwatch title, but not fit for the Moderator title just yet.
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:32 am

The difference between overwatch and normal members submitting a report is that Overwatch is required to be detailed and specific, and write a report, not a complaint/mention/etc. Kind of like a person interested in art versus an Artist.

Anyways, on topic. I'm not really sure what to say honestly. I've never actually bothered to vote on any of the moderator applications, cause none of them felt necessary so I was always inclined to vote no without knowing the person at all. So I just didn't vote. But hmm...

You're a good person, abit mocking at times honestly. And I have to agree with Suki on the "most people will vote no" statement. Saying that in your application feels as though you're encouraging people to vote yes by their nature to pity/defend/encourage you. However, you're not ill-intended, so I'll give you points for that.

Undecided at the moment. The most convincing method of judgment is probably going to be how well you reply to the opinions given to you in this thread. How are you going to do, Mew? :3

edit: @Arturia
Can't help but think the only way to be unbiased is to have no connection to anyone at all. And that is not moderator material. I have absolutely no issues with Mew and Nisa being friendly, and I'm sure you feel the same way. But I can't really say if Mew is going to be biased until a situation arises where such judgment is necessary. As such, I don't think that's much of a point to be not-moderator material. Because moderators can and should be friendly to the members of forums, some more than others, as long as it doesn't affect work.
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/
ArturiaPendragon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ArturiaPendragon

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:39 am

... Alright I'm going to ignore from replying the top post before it turns to a war Rofl ;~; I get your point though...

Yokura wrote:
edit: @Arturia
Can't help but think the only way to be unbiased is to have no connection to anyone at all. And that is not moderator material. I have absolutely no issues with Mew and Nisa being friendly, and I'm sure you feel the same way. But I can't really say if Mew is going to be biased until a situation arises where such judgment is necessary. As such, I don't think that's much of a point to be not-moderator material. Because moderators can and should be friendly to the members of forums, some more than others, as long as it doesn't affect work.
I know, I agree with that. But as I said, a thought just stuck in my head. It hasn't happened YET, but with the attitude, it could be likely. Being unbiased doesn't mean no connection, though. It's kind of easier if you worked as a GM in a game or worked in the forum for a while. But believe me, it IS possible. I agree that no connection doesn't equal to a good moderator, but managing those feelings of friendship and know what comes first are what makes a good mod, IMO. ^^/ Think of it like being a good boss in a company, if you get what I mean. o:

Last edited by ArturiaPendragon on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:11 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Rofl made a spelling error ;~;)
Back to top Go down
Yokura
Ace Poster
Ace Poster
Yokura

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 1:45 am

I can see and agree with your concern. And it's always one of mine as well Lul. Which is why I haven't voted yet ]: Not sure what to do.

Kind of like those, People can't trust you until you trust them or vice versa. It just... works or fails. Probably one of the reasons your boss is allowed to fire you after he hires you 8D Get the job, do it well, or not at all.
Back to top Go down
http://yokura.deviantart.com/

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 7:43 am

This is what an OverWatch report looks like
Mew wrote:
Username - boytitan2

Thread Name - If you Could Pick Two Bots from Something Other Than CB
Thread Link - http://www.cosmicbreakfanforum.com/t8228p45-if-you-could-pick-two-bots-from-something-other-than-cb Page 4
Section - General
Request - Delete Post or Warning?
Reason - Instigating a flame war.
Evidence/Screenshot -
boytitan2 wrote:
Wow you are so dumb Im complimenting you well was and you think Im insulting you.You ahve reached a whole new level of stupidity or Im bad with complimenting people. Im going with just stupid.

And this is only one of the many reports Mew has submitted. She works hard, does things well. Other little details can come with experience just give her a chance and she'll won't let you down.

@Mew - Be sure to be patient, mature and above all be able to take responsibility.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 8:53 am

Yokura wrote:

Undecided at the moment. The most convincing method of judgment is probably going to be how well you reply to the opinions given to you in this thread. How are you going to do, Mew? :3

Take criticism. And, then make sure to fix your flaws. =3

Oh and also, I don't really play favorites ~_~.

I'll be sure to tell Nisa not to break the rules too =3.

Also, yeah LXE. I have patience.

And, when times when you need to be serous. I will be serious.
Back to top Go down
ArturiaPendragon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ArturiaPendragon

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:21 am

Mew wrote:
Yokura wrote:

Take criticism. And, then make sure to fix your flaws. =3

Oh and also, I don't really play favorites ~_~.

I'll be sure to tell Nisa not to break the rules too =3.

Also, yeah LXE. I have patience.

And, when times when you need to be serous. I will be serious.

That's it? Just shrugging it off and say "take criticism and fix your flaws"?...

... I'm honestly not sure if I'm safe in the forum with an attitude like that, and by how you mentioned it...... =l

If it comes down to it, I really hope I don't have to put ten nails in the coffin... >_<;
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:22 am

Fixing your flaws help you learn from your mistakes and become a better person.
Back to top Go down
ArturiaPendragon
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
ArturiaPendragon

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 9:24 am

Mew wrote:
Fixing your flaws help you learn from your mistakes and become a better person.
... N-Nevermind... Just... Nevermind. Good luck on becoming a mod, Mew. ._.;
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 11:38 am

Please note that some flaws cannot be fixed because these are the flaws that make you a person and please do note some of these flaws can affect your performance as a moderator. I personally have nothing against you, I just care enough about you to tell you my experience gained from my mod application.

Just a word of advice, ACT NATURAL, be yourself during mod applications. Putting on a serious face is just going to give off an impression that you're trying too hard. The way you handle the criticism during mod applications drastically affects the people's view of how fit you are to be a mod, and you're not doing it quite right.

All in all, you're making the same mistakes that I did in my application.
Back to top Go down
Mew
The Ultimate Negro
Mew

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 12:29 pm

( ;´Д`)

I find it like a job interview. Must put on serious face! But, if you say so!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Application] Mew {Denied}   [Application] Mew {Denied} Empty

Back to top Go down

[Application] Mew {Denied}
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next