Cosmic Break
Welcome! to the Unofficial Fan Forums Please read the rules as soon as you can. It will only take a few minutes of your time to do so. If you are not willing to read them, you might not be here for long! Enjoy your stay and don't get into trouble.

Click here for Forum Rules

Click here for Cosmic Break Guides

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[general]Guide to Artillery Units

Go down 
+52
Nisa
Aurum_Sol
SkyPanic
Intet
fhoeng
Suguri
xzpwnz
pipcard
Shaftronics
donggyu
Siloviky
johannart
Shin Majin
spiketrigger
Bysta
Vareluxe
TaeTae
werty16
NovaZero
FlyingTofu
Kaizye
Aww
knyx
Puddin'
technomo12
MightyPeanut
GurrenMk3
Replekia
Tigerdove
saihamaru
Desu
Hyoka
SilentEagle1
sibladeko
Shoki
Ivalsetto
carrot
ArchAngelz
scizo
Rein
Sunohara
Daizengar
Wystner
MCPeePants
KBTKaiser
Admin
Foxie
Garfy
Kampfer
Mike
zeando
Anomalies
56 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
SilentEagle1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SilentEagle1

Male Posts : 101

[general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 8:29 pm

i love making hybrids. :3
Back to top Go down
Foxie
Adept Poster
Adept Poster
Foxie

Female Posts : 513

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:22 pm

SilentEagle1 wrote:
i love making hybrids. :3
*high fives*
Back to top Go down
SilentEagle1
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
SilentEagle1

Male Posts : 101

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 21, 2010 9:30 pm

*high five*
Back to top Go down
sibladeko
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 1:11 am

Eh, I'm a believer in the Japanese philsophy for this game.
"Take what you have and make it stronger, rather than trying to cover your weaknesses."
Min/Max builds for me!
Back to top Go down
Hyoka
Gaming Molcars
Gaming Molcars

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:01 am

Foxie wrote:
SilentEagle1 wrote:
This was the first topic i read, and it made me think twice about registering. Lucky its the only forum for this game that i know of. Lol.

Ive disregarded everything in this topic ive read essentially by now and gone back to the old empirical trial and error.
o3o
I have yet to see a "bad" bot.
Depending on your style any could suit you, So in general ignore peoples opinions on bots unless its stated with your preferences in mind.
Or be like me and make hybrids bots made from spare parts.
Then you haven't seen me!
Back to top Go down
Desu
Master Poster
Master Poster
Desu

Male Posts : 2015

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 8:57 am

Hyoka wrote:
Then you haven't seen me!

Misa, you silly!
You're a girl, not a bot~
Back to top Go down
http://www.tinychat.com/asianchinks
saihamaru
saihamaru

Male Posts : 47

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 2:15 pm

a good pilot could make even the worst robot shine....
and hey, i have newtype! i see anything in slow motion!! XDDD
(if you know what i meant)
Back to top Go down
http://saihamaru.deviantart.com/
Sunohara
Sunohara

PostSubject: ..   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 4:19 pm

Optimistic Argument?
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 5:16 pm

saihamaru wrote:
a good pilot could make even the worst robot shine....
and hey, i have newtype! i see anything in slow motion!! XDDD
(if you know what i meant)

It's a Gundam!
Back to top Go down
saihamaru
saihamaru

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 11:43 pm

@sunohara(youhei?) : yah, you got it right XD lily rain is one of my favorite after all :3
@rein : when the wonder bit gauge fills up, it felt a little like newtype, no? XD
Back to top Go down
Kampfer

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 1:49 am

Seriously, people should play their own mechs however they want.
If they suck, they should know to recustomize it or just use another mech.

I barely see anyone using the artillery I use (Saggi one, single railgun shot)
And when I do use it, it nets me #1 or top 5 many many many times

You dont have to listen to other people, customize it the way you want
play however the hell you want
And if you get good results, then good for you.
Back to top Go down
Rein
Regular Poster
Regular Poster
Rein

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 2:10 am

Kampfer wrote:

Quoted for truth, justice, win, and.... Crim? Crim Crim~

*Crim has hijacked this thread*
Back to top Go down
Admin
[Founder]
[Founder]
Admin

Male Posts : 344

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 5:21 am

Rein wrote:
Kampfer wrote:

Quoted for truth, justice, win, and.... Crim? Crim Crim~

*Crim has hijacked this thread*

That's how it should be but there are people who just wants to follow guides and stuff, not everyone knows how to recustomize and there are people who are lazy to try Razz if you don't see anyone using artillery then that's your problem, after the official launch you should see alot of them.
Back to top Go down
https://cosmicbreak.forumotion.com
saihamaru
saihamaru

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 11:17 pm

collecting tune up material in itself is a pain in the neck... and the UC reward from quest usually not that big (it's better to participate in area if UC is your priority)
that's why most people (me included) want to at least read a guide... that will make us feel less insecure when we're tuning

but as we all know, basic tuning guide is basic... everybody have the freedom to build their own mechs
saying the others unit is bad really means that you just loved your own unit too much, amirite?
just see my running lily rain carrying a handy grenade and a lance... weird? but i like her that way, thanks

hmm.... i talked too much, just nevermind me ÂŻuÂŻ
Back to top Go down
Sunohara
Sunohara

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptySat Jun 26, 2010 9:28 am

saihamaru wrote:
@sunohara(youhei?) : yah, you got it right XD lily rain is one of my favorite after all :3
@rein : when the wonder bit gauge fills up, it felt a little like newtype, no? XD

[general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 Clannad_after8_04
Back to top Go down
Tigerdove
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 3:33 am

sibladeko wrote:

The ability to DUAL FIRE WHILE FLYING BACKWARDS ON THE RUN

wait... wut? o.o
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 6:45 pm

Too many people trashing lily in this thread. In my opinion she has the highest survivability of any ART because she is the only ART that can really outrun a LAND type if needed to. Give her two blast bazookas (from garapon 3) and she's pretty awesome as shown here: 1st place in 30v30 (she died closer to end which is why it's destructor girl in the pic)

[general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 40201575

As for people complaining about how you need to stand still to dual wield. You can dash and then dual wield a few shots before coming to a stop at walking speed without any add-ons. This pattern of Fast-slow-stop also seems to work fairly well for throwing off the aim of opponents.

This game has no such thing as a bad robot, and as far as I am concerned there is no one robot better than another. There are only robots that suit a players preference.
Back to top Go down
carrot
Newcomer
Newcomer
carrot

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 7:22 pm

Replekia wrote:
blast bazookas (from garapon 3)
is it better than handy bazooka?
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:31 pm

carrot wrote:
Replekia wrote:
blast bazookas (from garapon 3)
is it better than handy bazooka?

It is a million and a half times better! It has a force of 20 base but it explodes midair with a huge blast radius that does near full damage. This translates to not even having to hit your enemy to do massive damage. I wipe out AIR types in no time flat at all. It's even fairly good at dealing with pesky LAND types. Although it's cost is 105. I find dual wielding blast bazookas is far more effective than quad wielding handies.

Last edited by Replekia on Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
carrot
Newcomer
Newcomer
carrot

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 8:45 pm

so the main reason is the explosion radius?

[general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 Comparen
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 9:10 pm

carrot wrote:
so the main reason is the explosion radius?

[general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 Comparen

The blast radius and that the radius explodes in mid-air making taking out moving air types a breeze. It's just simply the easiest weapon to use I've found yet. Also, it adds WLK rather than subtracts it. so dual wielding blasts gives 8 more WLK than quad wielding handies. That speed makes a huge difference. Also it's 10 rounds to reload rather than 6, and it makes a nice firecrackery sound when it explodes. It's like having a fireworks cannon!

I like this weapon SOOOO much I rolled garapon until I got myself 4. 2 for lily, 2 for destructor girl. The bomb launcher from garapon 3 also makes the perfect weapon for a sturbanger to cover his weak spot.
Back to top Go down
saihamaru
saihamaru

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptySun Jun 27, 2010 11:20 pm

hmm... i want to equip my lily with 4 handies (i just get 2 asura AM last night) and destructor santa with 2 blast
i mean, handy bazooka is more useful when you're against a lot of slow ART unit such as toybox or sturbanger, and blast bazooka really is useful when you're against a lot of AIR and/or fast LND units
so it really depend on the situation
but i usually start with my lily since she can still do massive damage to ground and air units all the same, it's just a little harder to hit than blast bazooka

and yes, i have to agree that lily have the highest rate of survival rate than other ART units
i have tried to use sturbanger and unfortunately the stage is the graveyard.... i was more like a shield for my friends than an ART unit -_-
i died so fast that i don't have the time to empty my missile pods XD
Back to top Go down
Replekia
Replekia

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 12:05 am

saihamaru wrote:
hmm... i want to equip my lily with 4 handies (i just get 2 asura AM last night) and destructor santa with 2 blast
i mean, handy bazooka is more useful when you're against a lot of slow ART unit such as toybox or sturbanger, and blast bazooka really is useful when you're against a lot of AIR and/or fast LND units
so it really depend on the situation
but i usually start with my lily since she can still do massive damage to ground and air units all the same, it's just a little harder to hit than blast bazooka

and yes, i have to agree that lily have the highest rate of survival rate than other ART units
i have tried to use sturbanger and unfortunately the stage is the graveyard.... i was more like a shield for my friends than an ART unit -_-
i died so fast that i don't have the time to empty my missile pods XD

I find that the blast bazookas are better for dealing with slow art as well, because you can much more easily avoid their missiles with the extra 8 WLK and 4 FLY. Also since the blast radius of blast bazooka does full damage(just confirmed this through the tree event), opposed to diminishing with range like a handy, I find they deal just as much, if not more damage whilst on the move when not all 4 of your handy's rockets will hit dead on. Also the blast bazooka has a faster rate of fire and shoots 10 shots per reload rather than 6.

I do agree with you that Handies are 100% most definitely the starting weapon of choice for a lily rain. and seeing as blast bazookas are a hard to get garapon item, they'll be rather rare in full release.

TL;DR
Lily should go Dual-wield handies -> Tri-wield handies -> Quad-wield handies -> dual-wield Blasts
Back to top Go down
Kampfer

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 1:46 am

[general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 ScreenShot_20100624_0651_05_591

Saggy one.
But course, this is greenfield, heaven for arts.

Anyways 30v30 shuffle is a joke. I was using wootree, maid, and saggy one and i still managed top 5. Seriously.
Back to top Go down
Tigerdove
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 28, 2010 6:15 am

[quote="Kampfer"][general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 ScreenShot_20100624_0651_05_591

Saggy one.
But course, this is greenfield, heaven for arts.

Anyways 30v30 shuffle is a joke. I was using wootree, maid, and saggy one and i still managed top 5. Seriously.[/quote

I love sag 1 ! thats who I main ^^
whats your setup?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [general]Guide to Artillery Units   [general]Guide to Artillery Units - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

[general]Guide to Artillery Units
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next